Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Stealership wrecked my car..

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 06z33
Make sure and YOU talk to your insurance also. The dealership is going to try and pull some 50/50 ********. I've been through this before with the MTA and my friend has been through this with his dealership. We both got our money but dont leave it all up to them and their insurance or you will get screwed.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:06 PM
B1nKs
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TreeFiddyZee
A lousy deal. Get him to throw in the performance package and MAYBE you're getting close. That finance rate is horrid also. My credit union has 4.5% now. They're trying to throw you hugely upside-down and hammering you on the interest rate. (the difference between the 6.99 and 4.5 for 60 months is $42/month. I'd make them fix what you've got and find a wheel somewhere. Even though they're discontinued, I bet somebody still has some.
can't because the wheel is unrepairable. I would do 4.5%. My old man says that they should be able to match the financing rate since it was through Nissan than Nissan can do w/e they want.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:13 PM
B1nKs
Banned

what do yall think about contacting consumer affairs ?
Old 04-14-2009, 10:24 PM
henry j

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
Be nice and use it against them. You hold all the cards right now.

1) Ask them to put the accident details in writing. The general public should be concerned about "Possesed" cars. Ask them for the Nissan TSB that fixes "Possesed" cars. Perhaps they should do a lemon law buy back if they can't fix this.

2) Do not give them your insurance info. If you have already, then explain the situation (right now) to your insurance agent. Get on record before it is all processed and your collision goes up.

Explain that it was in the dealer's possesion, that the dealer did not file a police report and the only witness to the accident is the dealer. (Who can not be trusted.) Explain that the dealer says the car is "possesed" yet can not fix the issue. Explain that you are concerned that this may cause more accidents. Remember the issue with Audi's that came out of gear and launched forward without warning? Insurance companies don't take this lightly.

3) Explain to the dealer that you are worried about this "possesed" car issue. You are just sure that a respectable dealership wouldn't abuse a car and then cover it up. Tell them that maybe you should contact Nissan and the local media before someone gets hurt. (You will find this story disappear at this point. They will do anything to keep local media like Problem Solver News crews out of this.

4) Never use your badge, mention of it or even threaten the dealer into giving you anything. Again, you already hold all the cards. Any evidence of strong arming them or threatening them will quickly turn the tables and cause you trouble at work.

Kill them with kindness and concern. Give them no where to run with their lies. Make them take care of every concern and force them to document any lies in writing. The GM will do what he can to keep the issue within the dealership. If they want to avoid going through the insurance, fine. Have them put you in a 370Z with replacement Volks.

Good luck to you!
i like this
Old 04-14-2009, 11:23 PM
coolblue830

Originally Posted by foreveryoung
You all can be as pissed off as you want but the fact is,accidents happen beyond our control.Thats why we all have insurance.The dealership is in an unenviable situation but does not really owe you anything short of an apology.It cracks me up when people think they deserve everything under the sun when their car gets damaged while in someone elses care.OP,if you are indeed a cop,this shouldn't be news to you.
which dealership do u work for?
Old 04-15-2009, 04:21 AM
TSF09ZR

Originally Posted by B1nKs
So I spoke with the dealer again today who advised me that he thinks it is my alarm systems fault (since it's aftermarket) the vehicle is still under warranty with that part so it was obviously acceptable before this incident.

They also requested that I check with Forged Performance where i bought my wheels to get a quote on a new wheel since the one that was damaged is unrepairable. I call Sharrif who informs me the wheel is discontinued and can no longer get that wheel! OMGWTF!@$#% So personally I have 1 of 2 sets of Gold Volk GT-V I've ever seen and now mine is damaged and the wheel is discontinued. I was advised that insurance will probably cover a pair of wheels..so they will give me a front set or a rear set of an equaled value wheel..how do you put a price on priceless !?

He also gave me an offer on a trade in for a 370z..

I owe 26,000 on my 2008 350z at 3.0% financing through Nissan

He offered me a 2009 Base 370z for 29,097 at 6.99% financing for 60 0r 72 months and giving me 21,000 for my car..WTF !?

what does that sound like to everyone else ?
1) Two wheels won't help you, so your out $1000 ? on that deal.

2) Dealer will put you in a new 370, but it will add another $8000 to your payment and double your loan rate. dammm

I can tell you, you won't be able to move them much on the 6.99% rate. Nobody want's to loan money right now. How bad do you want to trade up to a 370 ? . If it were me, I would take the loss on the wheels and make them fix my Z and keep that 3% loan rate. That deal they offered is not very good.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:28 AM
ambientflier

So I spoke with the dealer again today who advised me that he thinks it is my alarm systems fault (since it's aftermarket) the vehicle is still under warranty with that part so it was obviously acceptable before this incident.

They also requested that I check with Forged Performance where i bought my wheels to get a quote on a new wheel since the one that was damaged is unrepairable. I call Sharrif who informs me the wheel is discontinued and can no longer get that wheel! OMGWTF!@$#% So personally I have 1 of 2 sets of Gold Volk GT-V I've ever seen and now mine is damaged and the wheel is discontinued. I was advised that insurance will probably cover a pair of wheels..so they will give me a front set or a rear set of an equaled value wheel..how do you put a price on priceless !?

He also gave me an offer on a trade in for a 370z..

I owe 26,000 on my 2008 350z at 3.0% financing through Nissan

He offered me a 2009 Base 370z for 29,097 at 6.99% financing for 60 0r 72 months and giving me 21,000 for my car..WTF !?

what does that sound like to everyone else ?

I don't see how giving you a base 370Z for MSRP AND high financing is a good deal...
Old 04-15-2009, 04:37 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't because the wheel is unrepairable. I would do 4.5%. My old man says that they should be able to match the financing rate since it was through Nissan than Nissan can do w/e they want.
Yes, since when does the dealership determine interest rates? They dont, unless the customer is stupid. The bank sets the rate. They offered you a rate from some bank they get kickbacks from.

The deal they offered you was no deal at all. If i were walking off the street and they offered me that deal i would keep walking, and they dont owe me any favors.

As everyone else says, get a lawyer. $250 /hr? Who cares . . . how much would one replacement wheel be anyway? Chances are a letter from a lawyer on official letterhead will do wonders for you. If you are a LEO, you should know how to shake the tree a little and you should for sure have contacts to help handle the situation.

The car was in their care, its their problem.

Last edited by VandyZ; 04-15-2009 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:20 AM
350z Guy

reasons why i hate going to dealers... hope your car comes out completely fine =D
Old 04-15-2009, 11:23 AM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rape them!!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:36 AM
keptman

Last edited by keptman; 07-02-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:38 AM
coolblue830

How does an alarm system send a car flying into another car/object? Unless we're talking about something with a remote start and your car was in gear. Even then someone had to be there to push it. That someone being a person employed by the dealership so it's still their fault.

That wheel situation is just plain complicated, I'd say try to negotiate with them to try to cover you for a whole set of another wheel. Just argue that the remaining undamaged wheels basically lost value since you're not going to be able to sell them as easily, if at all because they are discontinued and the buyer would not be able to get the additional ones. Get it in writing from a vendor that it's discontinued and no longer available and show it to them.

Not to mention your car as a whole has suffered depreciation with the fact that you'd have to disclose prior accidents when trading or selling the car in the future. And last but not least the whole effing headache, wasted time, and the damn trouble of it all that they caused. Explain that the car is your main means of travel to work, etc. and this whole accident that THEY caused has already lost you money which more than justifies the cost of the additional wheels.

The whole talk about trading up to a 370z should be a completely different topic imo, unless they are willing to give u a big, HUGE discount which obviously they are not. So they're just throwing more things to think about and more numbers to confuse you in hopes of you just agreeing.

and yeah I've actually witnessed one of these accidental remote start incidents. Wasn't with a Z, was an RSX but even then it was just rolling. Didn't hit anything but probably just be a minor fender bender type thing if it did, not nearly enough to destroy a rim and tear up a tire.

And seriously at this point it sounds like they are still trying to weasel their way out of this instead of maning up and just paying for everything like they should. So really you should just start contacting everyone and anyone you can. I bet your local media will have a field day with it

Last edited by coolblue830; 04-15-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:52 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One underlying issue here is can the dealership prove that your remote start is defective and that it did in fact start the car in gear and cause the damage, hence the "possessed" vehicle defense on their part. If in fact your remote start is to blame then the dealership has zero liability in that case because an aftermarket part that you installed or had installed caused the vehicle to malfunction.

Another footnote about the lack of a Police Report is that in many states if an accident occurs on private property invlolving only property damage no Police Report is required. This happens quite often with accidents in parking lots and private drives.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:20 PM
coolblue830

Did some googling and found this site. Should give these guys a call, see what they say. They're in texas too, not sure if they employ actual lawyers but they might give you some insight on how much u can realistically expect and possibly give u some leverage when talking to the stealership:

http://www.texasautoservices.com/index.html

Last edited by coolblue830; 04-15-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:51 PM
foreveryoung

does the car have a remote start???will it start in gear???too many unanswered questions.a damaged wheel and front bumper are pretty serious,I think I'd get a 500.00 an hour lawyer for this one
Old 04-17-2009, 07:53 PM
B1nKs
Banned

So Gulf Coast Nissan righted their wrong. I am completely out from under my 350Z and into a new 370Z. I got out the door for under 29k and my monthly payments are less than they were on the 350Z ! Got me a great financing deal and i get all my aftermarket stuff off of my 350z and they are replacing the busted wheel ! So I'm happy.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Three Fifty Z

So Gulf Coast Nissan righted their wrong. I am completely out from under my 350Z and into a new 370Z. I got out the door for under 29k and my monthly payments are less than they were on the 350Z ! Got me a great financing deal and i get all my aftermarket stuff off of my 350z and they are replacing the busted wheel ! So I'm happy.
Dude, congratulations!! That is seriously awesome.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Fluid1

Gulf Coast Nissan. I'm a cop and I may try to push the envelope and get them for Fail to Report because they didn't even call the local PD which I feel they should have done when they are going to report it to insurance so the insurance has something to go off of. Hehe I dunno though.
Was the 08 an automatic? I'm guessing it was...

And if you want to push the envelope just because you're a cop is a terrible thing to even think, you should be demoted for saying it online. Good thing you don't even understand police jurisdiction in this case
Old 04-17-2009, 08:43 PM
foreveryoung

I have a feeling we missed a part of this story
Old 04-18-2009, 04:10 AM
Three Fifty Z

So what trim model is your 370? Stick or auto? What color? Tell us about it.

Originally Posted by foreveryoung
I have a feeling we missed a part of this story
Huh? They gave him a 370Z, look a couple of posts above..

Quick Reply: Stealership wrecked my car..