Gibbs
Know it all

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What dealership was it? I need to know!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by B1nKs
Gulf Coast Nissan. I'm a cop and I may try to push the envelope and get them for Fail to Report because they didn't even call the local PD which I feel they should have done when they are going to report it to insurance so the insurance has something to go off of. Hehe I dunno though.
Already stated.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Gibbs
Know it all

Thanks didn't see that.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibbs
Thanks didn't see that.
No worries. If it gets 1 extra person to avoid these clowns, it was worth the click.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:23 PM
SageZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you identify yourself as a Police Officer? maybe they would have sung a different tune
Old 04-13-2009, 11:53 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take them to court, and then to the bank. Lawyer up, f'k them.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:03 AM
bloodwings19

Sorry to hear your pain. As a Houstonian lifer, I never heard of Gulf Coast until this thread. Anything less than a new car is robbery on their part because your car is valued less than before now. If they damage it, they are the paying party, I don't know why your insurance needs to be opened up. I would not let them fix it either, I would go to my choice to fix the car. I hope they give you money instead they fix it with their money. Good Luck!!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 04:14 AM
Phreakdout

Be nice and use it against them. You hold all the cards right now.

1) Ask them to put the accident details in writing. The general public should be concerned about "Possesed" cars. Ask them for the Nissan TSB that fixes "Possesed" cars. Perhaps they should do a lemon law buy back if they can't fix this.

2) Do not give them your insurance info. If you have already, then explain the situation (right now) to your insurance agent. Get on record before it is all processed and your collision goes up.

Explain that it was in the dealer's possesion, that the dealer did not file a police report and the only witness to the accident is the dealer. (Who can not be trusted.) Explain that the dealer says the car is "possesed" yet can not fix the issue. Explain that you are concerned that this may cause more accidents. Remember the issue with Audi's that came out of gear and launched forward without warning? Insurance companies don't take this lightly.

3) Explain to the dealer that you are worried about this "possesed" car issue. You are just sure that a respectable dealership wouldn't abuse a car and then cover it up. Tell them that maybe you should contact Nissan and the local media before someone gets hurt. (You will find this story disappear at this point. They will do anything to keep local media like Problem Solver News crews out of this.

4) Never use your badge, mention of it or even threaten the dealer into giving you anything. Again, you already hold all the cards. Any evidence of strong arming them or threatening them will quickly turn the tables and cause you trouble at work.

Kill them with kindness and concern. Give them no where to run with their lies. Make them take care of every concern and force them to document any lies in writing. The GM will do what he can to keep the issue within the dealership. If they want to avoid going through the insurance, fine. Have them put you in a 370Z with replacement Volks.

Good luck to you!
Old 04-14-2009, 04:25 AM
militia

ha omg no wai..

subscribing.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:36 AM
KS0385

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
Kill them with kindness and concern. Give them no where to run with their lies. Make them take care of every concern and force them to document any lies in writing. The GM will do what he can to keep the issue within the dealership. If they want to avoid going through the insurance, fine. Have them put you in a 370Z with replacement Volks.

Good luck to you!
I don't think the OP would be happy with anything less than a GTR.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:53 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

DUDE the same crap happened to me.......dealership messed up my car while in their hands/care.

1. Don't buy another car from these guys....are you kidding me, do you actually believe your gonna get a great deal out of a car from a dealership that just wrecked your car, lied to your face, then even if they pay every dime to fix your car, your gonna turn around and give them the business of another car.........c-mon, when do they ever lose out on a sale, sure it may have a discount, but your gonna get screwed over....

2. like mentioned by phreakedout - call your insurance RIGHT NOW! tell them it wasnt your fault, dont make it a one sided story - it probably already is since the dealership was quick to want to get your insurance info........call call call........cause i wouldnt put it past them to have looked in your car to get your insurance info if you never gave it to them..........call your insurance and make sure they know what happend........

also, you call the cops, on duty cops, have them make a report and get that leverage on your side....dont do it yourself obviously.

3. Stay on top of it, you pick the body shop, you pick the parts ordered, you make sure who fixes and repairs your car.

4. get a rental out of it all.

5. show them who's boss with out raising the stress levels/politely.........man up..

6. Don't sign anything!!!! at least with out a lawyer........

I sent my car in for routine service one time at a san antonio, texas dealership - Gunn Nissan. They had a new guy that was always screwing things up. well he lowered my car from the lift and instead of having a "spotter" as per policy he reversed my car off the lift and one of the lift arms caught my front OEM bumper and ripped it the hell off.........

dealership never called me......just lied and told me they didnt get a chance to finish my work.........i should have known something was up.........i show up the next day to find that my car had a new Oem bumper installed and fresh painted a flat white, that didnt match for sheit the oem pikes peak white..........it was tooth paste white in comparison......horrible....

they wanted me to sign all kinds of papers, wanted me to take my car home while they "ordered another bumper" ..

I told them hell no.......im not signing crap! they did the 5 managers on one thing and tried to over power me......i told them all to f-k off and to have my new bumper over nighted, painted and ready for install asap.........i demanded a rental, even though i didn't need one........i made them pay for full insurance on the rental too........

I picked the shop that painted my new bumper, had them replace the underliner and wheel well liner as well since it had torn out holes.........

your in the same situation........make them give you what you want.....need...
-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 04-14-2009 at 05:01 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:11 AM
TSF09ZR

Call your insurance and tell them what happend, see if they want you to exchange info with the dealership first. They may just jump in and handle everything for you. They should be looking out for you. As much money as we pay them, they better !!

I don't like the way you say the dealer seems to be pushing this back on you.

Good luck !
Old 04-14-2009, 05:55 AM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you know who would have the best advise...the guy that had his car fall off the lift at the dealer during the gas filler recall....he would be able to tell you what to do.

Can't recall the guys screename
Old 04-14-2009, 06:03 AM
frbica

get a officer there to take a police report, and enter the video into evidence... stealerships, have video everywhere... that will show if the car is possesed, or if the 18 y.o. rookie grease monkey just couldnt control it...
Old 04-14-2009, 07:03 AM
lgear080

I would start by DEMANDING a police report. In the state of Florida a police report MUST be filed
if an accident occurs and the damage to one vehicle in in excess of $500 or there is bodily injury.

Most of the other advice is sound, however I would avoid noticing your insurance company about
the incident. No matter what, should your insurance company get involved it will create additional
headaches. Obviously you should not divulge your
insurers information to the dealer in question.

I would DEMAND that report today. I am not against strong arming dealers. You need
quick results - GO GET THEM.

Don't **** around the dealership will try to string you out.

Keep us posted. TAKE PHOTOS and post them on the internet.

Others need to be warned. The dealer MUST be held entirely responsible!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:43 AM
theKoosh

a lot of people here mention not to notify your insurance co, but i don't see why you shouldn't. they have as much interest as getting the car back to spec (and not charging you for it) as you do, so they'd likely handle any issues between you and the dealer's insurance company.

as for hiring a lawyer, if they pay for all the damage what exactly would you sue for? you're not going to get much beyond that unfortunately.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:06 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats pretty shitttttty. Time for a new ride and some new Volks.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Nizmo0395

Originally Posted by theKoosh
a lot of people here mention not to notify your insurance co, but i don't see why you shouldn't. they have as much interest as getting the car back to spec (and not charging you for it) as you do, so they'd likely handle any issues between you and the dealer's insurance company.

as for hiring a lawyer, if they pay for all the damage what exactly would you sue for? you're not going to get much beyond that unfortunately.
+1
Old 04-14-2009, 11:17 AM
dhays

1) Ask them to put the accident details in writing. The general public should be concerned about "Possesed" cars. Ask them for the Nissan TSB that fixes "Possesed" cars. Perhaps they should do a lemon law buy back if they can't fix this.

2) Do not give them your insurance info. If you have already, then explain the situation (right now) to your insurance agent. Get on record before it is all processed and your collision goes up.

Explain that it was in the dealer's possesion, that the dealer did not file a police report and the only witness to the accident is the dealer. (Who can not be trusted.) Explain that the dealer says the car is "possesed" yet can not fix the issue. Explain that you are concerned that this may cause more accidents. Remember the issue with Audi's that came out of gear and launched forward without warning? Insurance companies don't take this lightly.

3) Explain to the dealer that you are worried about this "possesed" car issue. You are just sure that a respectable dealership wouldn't abuse a car and then cover it up. Tell them that maybe you should contact Nissan and the local media before someone gets hurt. (You will find this story disappear at this point. They will do anything to keep local media like Problem Solver News crews out of this.

4) Never use your badge, mention of it or even threaten the dealer into giving you anything. Again, you already hold all the cards. Any evidence of strong arming them or threatening them will quickly turn the tables and cause you trouble at work.

Good luck to you!
^ +1 excellent advice.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Three Fifty Z

Good luck to you!
This sounds like the best advise.

Quick Reply: Stealership wrecked my car..