Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Some people get way too carried away when it comes to bashing the Z's auto tranny

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 12:09 PM
MarvinMartian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Amirs350z
The wife doesn't know how to drive a manual and isn't willing to learn.

Same here!

Except I still bought the 6MT.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:29 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by Liquidice944
But its still an automatic none the less isnt it homo?
LOL, whatever you have to tell yourself Alex. As soon as I read your post I knew you some kid who has a hurt vagina over being picked on for driving an auto. And damn if I wasn't right.

Originally Posted by Liquidice944
Morning all,
I just purchased an At/5 04 350z Blue Touring. Aka the showstopper, panty dropper, etc. Now my question is this. Is it better to just let the auto do all the shifting, or should i try to get better using the manual gate? I have just heard so much and still arent sure how efficient manual shifting is compared to a true manual. I just get harassed on a daily basis for having an automatic, because people that dont know anything think its a bad transmission like others. So i just needed alittle info from you guys to shut them up.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:46 PM
JJ350

Originally Posted by jekl1000
I know I brought it up before, but are you people really ignorant enough to think someone is hating on you for having an auto Z? LOL. If it is coming from a guy driving a Pinto thentrag it maybe haying. But if it is coming from someone with a manual sports car then you are being clowned, not hated.

Not this arguement again! You are comparing apples and oranges. The trip tronic in the Z is no more sophisticated that the one in the Hyundai rental car I had last week.
Lol, look at you! First you admit to being completely ignorant, then you admit how much you don't have clue about what you're talking about. You are a golden example of the senseless mindset that resides in all manual driving auto transmission bashes.

The loud ignorant moron will always jump to focus on and make fun of any flaw they can find in something (this can apply to any item or aspect in society), while the quieter more open minded individual usually won't say anything because they are too busy having an opinion for themselves. It's a lot easier to make fun of something if you never take the time to see it in any other light.

For the record you are dead wrong with your assumption (that you for some reason said as a fact) that a hyundai rental has the same transmission as the 350Z just because it provides the same tiptronic whatever you want to call it option. Thinking that way, I could easily say that my old apple powerbook is just as good as my macbook pro since I interact with it the same way I do with my newer laptop. However this won't change the fact that despite having the same layout and purpose, the parts are completely different, making the entire experience different. If you actually bothered to think before you spoke, and actually did some research, then you would realize that the Z's transmission most assuredly performs a lot better then anything in a hyundai.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:58 PM
My Revenge

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The trip tronic in the Z is no more sophisticated that the one in the Hyundai rental car I had last week.
you rented an automatic with tiptronic, what a HOMO. you shoulda only rented manual since that's for manly men.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:03 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by JJ350
Lol, look at you! First you admit to being completely ignorant, then you admit how much you don't have clue about what you're talking about. You are a golden example of the senseless mindset that resides in all manual driving auto transmission bashes.

The loud ignorant moron will always jump to focus on and make fun of any flaw they can find in something (this can apply to any item or aspect in society), while the quieter more open minded individual usually won't say anything because they are too busy having an opinion for themselves. It's a lot easier to make fun of something if you never take the time to see it in any other light.

For the record you are dead wrong with your assumption (that you for some reason said as a fact) that a hyundai rental has the same transmission as the 350Z just because it provides the same tiptronic whatever you want to call it option. Thinking that way, I could easily say that my old apple powerbook is just as good as my macbook pro since I interact with it the same way I do with my newer laptop. However this won't change the fact that despite having the same layout and purpose, the parts are completely different, making the entire experience different. If you actually bothered to think before you spoke, and actually did some research, then you would realize that the Z's transmission most assuredly performs a lot better then anything in a hyundai.
First off, I have nothing wrong with people that drive automatic Zs. I agree that it is personal reference or something people need due to age or disability.

But I do take issue with people that claim an average sports car automatic, like the Z, uses the same technology as used in some supercars with something like an SMG transmission.

Normally when someone says "for the record you are dead wrong" they prove that statement with some sort of factual data. So if you want to make the arguement that your Z with the triptronic(not what I call it, thats what the industry calls it) is similar to a supercar, then lets hear your case. Otherwise you are no more than the loud ignorant moron you accuse me of.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:29 PM
JJ350

First off, I have nothing wrong with people that drive automatic Zs. I agree that it is personal reference or something people need due to age or disability.

But I do take issue with people that claim an average sports car automatic, like the Z, uses the same technology as used in some supercars with something like an SMG transmission.

Normally when someone says "for the record you are dead wrong" they prove that statement with some sort of factual data. So if you want to make the arguement that your Z with the triptronic(not what I call it, thats what the industry calls it) is similar to a supercar, then lets hear your case. Otherwise you are no more than the loud ignorant moron you accuse me of.
Jesus dude, it's like that. Please point out exactly where I said that the $30k Z's 5AT is comparable to that of a $150,000+ super car with a DSG F1 transmission (or an $80k one that breaks all the time *coughGTRcough*). As far as I am aware, all I said was that the Z's auto transmission functions a lot better then an auto transmission you would find in a hyundai, which is a valid statement FYI.

Ironic how you repeat the same logic and actions that resulted in me considering you a loud ignorant ***. You don't have to be physically disabled to desire a automatic, sometimes just living in a high traffic area with lots of elevation changes is enough to warrant the lack in desire to deal with a clutch (such as the SF bay area for example). I fail to see how I am anywhere near as ignorant or loud as you, as I actually bother to think thoroughly before I comment like some kind of jackass.

Last edited by JJ350; 06-15-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:08 PM
JEKL

Want to know why I metioned disability and age? It's because it is what two people in this thread said was the reason they chose an auto. Did I have to go and mention every possible reason why someone would make that choice to appease you?

Originally Posted by Z04
i drove both, then chose the auto. glad i did because of the injuries i sustained in iraq i can continue to enjoy driving my Z instead of having to trade it in for a whole new car.
Originally Posted by DM350
I can relate to both sides of this age old argument.When I first started looking for a 350ZR I would not even consider an auto. At 52 yrs. old I've never owned a sports car without a manual transmission.But back in the days of my youth we're talking about MGB's/ Triumph's/Alfa's with the 4 banger engines. These cars were a blast to drive.Then came the Firebirds/Mustangs/Barracuda's with much more muscle but not near as nimble or cheap to drive. My back is a train wreck and shifting is not nearly as fun as it use to be.So for me it was a matter of comfort vs. vanity. I know all you younger guys think it will NEVER happen to you......but damn if ole father time won't creep up on you in strange ways.
So anyway I love my 07' Touring Roadster (and there are times I wish it had a stick...but not many) for what it is. And anyone who doesn't well thats their problem. One thing I sure don't miss is having my back and leg hurt as much as they do when shifting all the time!
DM350
Jesus dude, it's like that. Please point out exactly where I said that the $30k Z's 5AT is comparable to that of a $150,000+ super car with a DSG F1 transmission (or an $80k one that breaks all the time *coughGTRcough*). As far as I am aware, all I said was that the Z's auto transmission functions a lot better then an auto transmission you would find in a hyundai, which is a valid statement FYI.

Ironic how you repeat the same logic and actions that resulted in me considering you a loud ignorant ***. You don't have to be physically disabled to desire a automatic, sometimes just living in a high traffic area with lots of elevation changes is enough to warrant the lack in desire to deal with a clutch (such as the SF bay area for example). I fail to see how I am anywhere near as ignorant or loud as you, as I actually bother to think thoroughly before I comment like some kind of jackass.
I do find it funny that you keep making references to the loud jackass morons, when the majority of personal attacks in this thread have come from the auto drivers. (e-thug racer wannabe, ignorant, jerk, moran, *** em) Versus the one no ******** comment from the manual driver. Just an observation.

So one last time for those who do not comprehend the English language. I do not have a problem with people that drive an automatic. I will even go so far to say that I agree with you that the auto Z does perform a lot better than the Hyundai with the very similar automatic transmission.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:48 PM
JJ350

Want to know why I metioned disability and age? It's because it is what two people in this thread said was the reason they chose an auto. Did I have to go and mention every possible reason why someone would make that choice to appease you?

I do find it funny that you keep making references to the loud jackass morons, when the majority of personal attacks in this thread have come from the auto drivers. (e-thug racer wannabe, ignorant, jerk, moran, *** em) Versus the one no ******** comment from the manual driver. Just an observation.

So one last time for those who do not comprehend the English language. I do not have a problem with people that drive an automatic. I will even go so far to say that I agree with you that the auto Z does perform a lot better than the Hyundai with the very similar automatic transmission.
It sounds to me like you are speaking from a closed mind.

I could just as easily consider the manual transmission in a very basic Hyundai to be the same or very similar to that of one in a Ferrari going by the mindset that you have become so accustomed to regarding automatic transmissions.

Once again being ironic, it's funny how you take a few exceptions out of a population and use them as examples to represent the general population under attack.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:54 PM
JEKL

It sounds to me like you are speaking from a closed mind.

I could just as easily consider the manual transmission in a very basic Hyundai to be the same or very similar to that of one in a Ferrari going by the mindset that you have become so accustomed to regarding automatic transmissions.

Once again being ironic, it's funny how you take a few exceptions out of a population and use them as examples to represent the general population under attack.
I take it back, auto drivers are a bunch of pussies!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:16 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

*** you.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:21 PM
juju

Originally Posted by Manjot
It's your car and as long as you're happy it doesn't matter what people think.
+1
Old 06-15-2009, 03:24 PM
JJ350

Does that somehow make you feel better about yourself? Say what you want about us auto drivers, but we're not the ones that need to slander the other in order to add virtual inches to our dick. Sounds to me like you're the ***** that needs to have a clutch to brag about in order to appear more macho to whomever it is you are trying to impress.

I don't need my transmission for superficial reasons like many such as yourself do. I prefer to think more in terms with reality, and what matters to me, not what matters to other people. I fail to see how that makes me a *****, and you not.

Last edited by JJ350; 06-15-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:33 PM
juju

Does that somehow make you feel better about yourself? Say what you want about us auto drivers, but we're not the ones that need to slander the other in order to add virtual inches to our dick. Sounds to me like you're the ***** that needs to have a clutch to brag about in order to appear more macho to whomever it is you are trying to impress.

I don't need my transmission for superficial reasons like many such as yourself do. I prefer to think more in terms with reality, and what matters to me, not what matters to other people. I fail to see how that makes me a *****, and you not.
Ya know what your problem is? It's not that you drive an automatic Z. It's that you seriously give WAY too much of a **** what other people think. Also, apparently you can't take a joke. Here's my recommendation:

1. Sit down
2. Shut up
3. Have a beer.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:51 PM
bogie1519

Default don't worry about it

everyone's got there on opinion, you have a z thats what matters.
i've had both. but if the driver of the mt does'nt know what he's doing
he will get smoked everytime by the auto
Old 06-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Liquidice944

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by juju
Ya know what your problem is? It's not that you drive an automatic Z. It's that you seriously give WAY too much of a **** what other people think. Also, apparently you can't take a joke. Here's my recommendation:

1. Sit down
2. Shut up
3. Have a beer.
Since when is it a flaw to care what others think? I know when i bought my Z i knew it looked good and knew others would think the same lol.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:03 PM
2pink1stink

It really makes me sad that the z was even offered in auto. I can't help but to feel like it takes a little of It's appeal away by allowing just anyone to own one. I'm not hating, just my opinion. But, I guess It's good for all the ladies and you auto guys. P.S Hat's off to you auto guys, I wouldn't have the ***** to tell anyone I owned one.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:09 PM
JJ350

Originally Posted by 2pink1stink
It really makes me sad that the z was even offered in auto. I can't help but to feel like it takes a little of It's appeal away by allowing just anyone to own one. I'm not hating, just my opinion. But, I guess It's good for all the ladies and you auto guys. P.S Hat's off to you auto guys, I wouldn't have the ***** to tell anyone I owned one.
^ what a *****
Old 06-15-2009, 04:14 PM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SirSpeedyZ
I always thought enthusiasts like to drive their car and be a part of the process as much as possible so they have a 6MT. I'd rather have a manual civic than a auto Z.

The choice for trans is a simple
No ********* = auto
What does the size of your sexual reproductive organs have to do with the transmission in your car? FWIW, I've beat every other bolt-on manual I have ran against. Mash n go-cya.

BTW, it's funny that the only place people hate on me for driving an auto is on the internet. Face to face no one has anything negative to say. Wonder why that is.

"No *********"

Last edited by phreaktor; 06-15-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:29 PM
playnyz

Yo...Sir Speedy, you lack the intelligence for a comment like that, bet your *** my a/t, will smoke, and i mean smoke your manual BOY.........and i will keep it in manual mode...REDNECK=no BrAiNz.....
Old 06-15-2009, 04:37 PM
2pink1stink

^ what a *****
lol Sounds to me like someone made a bad decision a couple of years ago and is trying to deal by lashing out at others who has what he wants deep down. It has to suck knowing that the nightmare you wake up from every morning turns out to be real. Do yourself a favor and trade yours in or sell it and get the car you really want.

Quick Reply: Some people get way too carried away when it comes to bashing the Z's auto tranny