Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

2004 Z Track vs. Corvette Z06

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003 | 06:40 AM
phattyaltnatl

Originally posted by ZZtopp
Here's a shot of the next Gen Vette. Supposedly 425 base HP, and a higher quality interior than the rubbermaid one of the C5.

I owned a 2002 Z06 and quickly fell out of love with it due to horrible build quality and a plethora of never ending rattles. After a year, my Z is still tight as a drum and would be a much better choice as a daily driver.

I'd either buy a Z or wait for the C6.
HAHA! It's ironic that they have a white ford probe next to the new vette. They do look a lot alike with the wraparound glass area.

That really tickled me!
Old 10-01-2003 | 09:29 AM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by little_rod
Yeah, it is a beautiful car. May have more HP than a Vette, but bet it weighs a lot more. Awesome car, though. All you have to do is put a suspension kit and TT on your Z, and you have all your bases covered.
But the Z doesn't have an interior like this!
Attached Thumbnails 2004 Z Track  vs.  Corvette Z06-amv8-02t.jpg  
Old 10-01-2003 | 09:46 AM
mpol99

The pic of the whice C6 Vette is a photo chop. There are NO actual pictures of these cars yet.

All pics so far are with camoflauge (did I spell that right? )
Old 10-01-2003 | 11:02 AM
gooters

Heh, I think I like Z owners in general. Here we are on Z Forum and the responses are overwhelming.

I agree Z06!
Old 10-01-2003 | 12:32 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by mpol99
The pic of the whice C6 Vette is a photo chop. There are NO actual pictures of these cars yet.

Not true. The white Vette is an actual photo, not a PS.
Old 10-01-2003 | 01:18 PM
RRT

Well.... First of all sorry guys I have been out so long but between work, gym and my 6 month daughter having a flu I haven´t had the time to get here.

Hey guess what.. I had the Pleasure of driving the Z06 yesterday.... Man what a great f...ing car. AWESOME. I can say that some years down the line when I am maybe 40 I will make it a point to be able to have a toy like that just for the weekends. It´s a great car. NOT A DAILY DRIVE as I need it right now. So today I confirmed with the Nissan dealer that I want the Z and they told me I should get my 2004 next friday october 10th. I can´t wait.

I want to thank all of you whom took the time to ilustrate to me why I should go with the Z. On the other hand.,... little-rod... Why did you think I asked the question here instead of the Corvette forum??? hehehehe... this is answer I was looking for... I just needed feedback to get myself convinced.

Thank you....

RRT
Romagosa Racing Team.

pd. Now I have a japanese book in front of me to see all the mods possible to make the Z FASTER..... and LOUDER.....
Old 10-01-2003 | 01:22 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by RRT
Well.... First of all sorry guys I have been out so long but between work, gym and my 6 month daughter having a flu I haven´t had the time to get here.

Hey guess what.. I had the Pleasure of driving the Z06 yesterday.... Man what a great f...ing car. AWESOME. I can say that some years down the line when I am maybe 40 I will make it a point to be able to have a toy like that just for the weekends. It´s a great car. NOT A DAILY DRIVE as I need it right now. So today I confirmed with the Nissan dealer that I want the Z and they told me I should get my 2004 next friday october 10th. I can´t wait.

I want to thank all of you whom took the time to ilustrate to me why I should go with the Z. On the other hand.,... little-rod... Why did you think I asked the question here instead of the Corvette forum??? hehehehe... this is answer I was looking for... I just needed feedback to get myself convinced.

Thank you....

RRT
Romagosa Racing Team.

pd. Now I have a japanese book in front of me to see all the mods possible to make the Z FASTER..... and LOUDER.....

Good choice! The Z06 gets old pretty quick, but I do miss that engine!!
Old 10-01-2003 | 01:31 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by mpol99

I did some further checking and tracked down the source of the photo. You are right, it IS a PS. I stand corrected!!
Old 10-01-2003 | 01:33 PM
RRT

I don´t wonder why.... God damn... what a great car. But the Z is definitely a better daily driver.

ZZtopp do you have pictures of the audio system you got on your car. I am trying to find a dvd player or screen to put on the compartment on top of the radio.... where the gps usually comes. But haven´t found yet who makes a screen that will fit in there.

Any suggestions....

RRT
Old 10-01-2003 | 02:38 PM
Montez

Z06 not doubt, I dont care if the style is about to change I would still whip up on 98% of the stuff on the street in my street light jaunts from 0-50mph. Only if they made it in the Hatch style I might have one, and to those saying nah the Vette has a strong heritage and following which is great.
Old 10-01-2003 | 03:54 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by Montez
Z06 not doubt, I dont care if the style is about to change I would still whip up on 98% of the stuff on the street in my street light jaunts from 0-50mph. Only if they made it in the Hatch style I might have one, and to those saying nah the Vette has a strong heritage and following which is great.
That "strong heritage and following" doesn't mean very much when a Chevy you've spent nearly $50,000 on develops rattles and squeaks like a 20 year old Cavalier. Having said that, if GM gets the build quality right with the C6, I might take another look....you never know...I seem to keep going back despite saying "never again."

I've had five Vettes over the last 18 years, and the best one was a cherry '66 convertible. I wish I still had that car...........
Attached Thumbnails 2004 Z Track  vs.  Corvette Z06-vette.jpg  
Old 10-01-2003 | 03:57 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by RRT
I don´t wonder why.... God damn... what a great car. But the Z is definitely a better daily driver.

ZZtopp do you have pictures of the audio system you got on your car. I am trying to find a dvd player or screen to put on the compartment on top of the radio.... where the gps usually comes. But haven´t found yet who makes a screen that will fit in there.

Any suggestions....

RRT
I don't have any shots of the system, but I do have the NAV, so I couldn't even suggest a video screen that might fit in it's place. If you do a search of the audio/video forum, I know there are several threads that address your question.
Old 10-01-2003 | 06:23 PM
nosuchsol

If you find a good used car then it's always a better deal than a new one. I'd say that a vette that wasn't beat on, which is a good deal of them, will be an awesome car that you aren't having to pay the new car premium on. Good luck and have fun with it!
Old 10-01-2003 | 07:15 PM
jbjam02

[i]
To me on the other hand a Vette is the same as a Porshe. Porshe ain´t big thing for me and those are very popular here in Panama.
[/B]

Ok Porsche engineering wise is years beyond a vette.. Not to mention resell value, Porsche is #1 in keeping their value.

Next in my opinion... The Z is new; stylish spicy sophisticated... The vette is a balding, mid life crisis car, its old news. But tahts just my take to each his own.

Acke I just read where u ended up gettin the Z great choice G'luck modding her man!

Last edited by jbjam02; 10-01-2003 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-01-2003 | 07:56 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by jbjam02

Ok Porsche engineering wise is years beyond a vette.. Not to mention resell value, Porsche is #1 in keeping their value.

Next in my opinion... The Z is new; stylish spicy sophisticated... The vette is a balding, mid life crisis car, its old news. But tahts just my take to each his own.

Acke I just read where u ended up gettin the Z great choice G'luck modding her man!

The Z06 has a 0-60 time of 4.1 seocnds...and the BASE C6 will be even faster. With the new magnetic shock technology, they've rewritten the book on a smooth ride and amazing handling. Yeah...sounds like old news to me.

I've had Vettes since I was 18 and I've got a full head of hair. So much for narrow minded, uninformed genralizations.
Old 10-01-2003 | 10:38 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I got a 350Z, I am 46 years old, and I am totaly bald. I must be having a mid-life crisis because I purchased a sports car. I guess that this being the first time I could afford to waste money on a "fun car to drive" is not the real reason. Honestly, I looked at the Z and thought, wow, that will make people think my @%#% is bigger. Dont worry, I never drive my Z faster than 55 mph even when I am going to the drug store to buy my medicene.

I guess I just ruined it for you under 40 year old guys. Maybe my purchase lowered the value of your Z? I can tell you that your car cannot possibly be cool now because a 46 year old bald high school teacher cannot own a cool car.

I got it, you guys need to buy a Scion! I know they designed it for younger people and I promise not to buy one or even ride in one.

Last edited by zland; 10-01-2003 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-02-2003 | 05:46 AM
RRT

As I have mentioned before... I am going with the Z. I did my down payment already. Regardles of taking the Z option I think sometime down the line when I could afford a Corvette I will buy it. Its a great car, I just don´t have the money or age to be calling atention on an expensive car as a Daily drive. Got to keep a low key...

Thank you all for your comments. I will go to the Audio forum to see how to put a dvd screen on the gps panel.

Regards,

RRT
Old 10-02-2003 | 11:09 AM
little_rod

LOL, RRT. Well, I for one, would rather have a newer car where I know the history more, ESPECIALLY when buying a sports car. I will always hesistant in buying a sports car that is a few years old, cause you will never know how it was used or driven. Give me a newer sports car anyday, and if it is a Vette you want, get one when you can afford a newer one.

I would only buy an older sports car if it is more of an exotic.
Old 10-02-2003 | 12:32 PM
Montez

Originally posted by ZZtopp
That "strong heritage and following" doesn't mean very much when a Chevy you've spent nearly $50,000 on develops rattles and squeaks like a 20 year old Cavalier. Having said that, if GM gets the build quality right with the C6, I might take another look....you never know...I seem to keep going back despite saying "never again."

I've had five Vettes over the last 18 years, and the best one was a cherry '66 convertible. I wish I still had that car...........
Oh well you can,t win them all my Moms LS400 2002 has rattles as wel oh well!