Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

F%@#king rednecks.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 01:18 AM
hpka365

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by G4nismo

one thing i hate living in SC are the trucks. every little teenager in highschool are all about gettin a pickup, jackin it up, slap on some mud tires and think there the baddest little **** around the block. theres too many of them and not enough of the car/import scene.
That's exactly how my school is in vegas. The whole parking lot is nothing but lifted trucks. They all think they're badasses but I think they're stupid for having some huge truck in a city that's always hot,dry, and all the roads are in great condition.
I usually don't not like someone for no reason(race,religion,appearance) but I can't stand rednecks.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:38 AM
DiscoLiveOpera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here in lewis county WA, it is a america rules american vehicle owned place. more mustangs then corollas and lifted trucks everywhere. how many customers i get a day that go on a speel about everything being made over seas, its the kinda place, 10k people, 10 last names kinda deal.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:48 AM
bluelineshooter

Originally Posted by TheBestThereIs
He didn't take the thread off topic jack ***.
Thank you
Old 07-14-2009, 04:33 AM
Greddytwin350Z

Originally Posted by TheBestThereIs
He didn't take the thread off topic jack ***.

God I hate people from NY.
It does seem like everyone North of PA are *******s! Especially New Yorkers! I wonder why that is?

Last edited by Greddytwin350Z; 07-14-2009 at 04:35 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:56 AM
Darkpath

Originally Posted by kurt213
Ok, so I awoke this morning and looked outside and some punk redneck wrote "Buy a Ford" on my windshield. It was just with one of those glass crayons they use at dealerships....so I'm not worried about that.
However I tried to unlock my doors and they wouldn't. I had to hit the lock button and then they finally unlocked. I'm just wondering if they set of the alarm or something? I didn't hear anything, but I don't know why else the doors wouldn't unlock. I've never had a problem before. Does anyone know what would cause that?
Anyways, other than that my car seems fine. Still really pisses me off though.
You didn't encounter a Redneck -

What happened was that a previously over-paid, heavily under-trained, single-bolt installing, misled, out of work, autoworker randomly happened by your house - He saw your Z and blamed all his previously listed woes on your single purchase of a foreign built automobile.

He blamed his lack of insight to better prepare himself for a stable position that could feed his family. Blamed his trust in a union leader to represent him with less greed. And finally blamed his own willingness to strike for and accept contracts that in the long run crippled the company that paid his wages.

I agree with the fella from WV - the perp who did this was Not a redneck. A redneck would give you their last beer and point you to the grill for a bite to eat... Not deface your ride...
Old 07-14-2009, 05:07 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Keep the name calling down gents...

VO
Old 07-17-2009, 06:13 AM
DFW 350G

I think we have found the culprit, He was just trying to tell you that not only imports can be true tuners!!!!!

Old 07-17-2009, 06:20 AM
281cobra

Originally Posted by Liquidice944
Hahaha. American Cars are garbage. Cant even last past 100k.
Really? Then my old 85 Mustang GT must have been a freak, cause it had 310,000 miles on it when I sold it and was still running strong.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:07 AM
bryan@Z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you see said "rednecks" doing this? How do you know they were "rednecks"? It could have been an upper class white collar former Ford executive who go laid off and is vengeful for all you know. It could've been anyone.

As for the ignorant comment that American cars can't last 100k there are millions of GM, Ford, and Chrysler vehicles on the road with over 100k on them. My 04 GTO has 116k on it now and has never been in the shop for anything other than basic maintanance and upgrades.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:39 AM
kurt213
Banned

Originally Posted by bryan@Z1
Did you see said "rednecks" doing this? How do you know they were "rednecks"? It could have been an upper class white collar former Ford executive who go laid off and is vengeful for all you know. It could've been anyone.

As for the ignorant comment that American cars can't last 100k there are millions of GM, Ford, and Chrysler vehicles on the road with over 100k on them. My 04 GTO has 116k on it now and has never been in the shop for anything other than basic maintanance and upgrades.
I'm in the middle of PA.....there's not alot of ford executives living here. There are however thousands of white trash losers.......do the math.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Nismo Titan

Originally Posted by beezee
Some guy accused me of being part of the reason for US auto industry colapse because I only drive "Japanese cars". My answer was "go back to high school because you are illiterate and ignorant ." I buy my cars from US deaalerships employing US workers, I service them here, I buy gas here, and moreover my cars (not the Z) are assembled here. Also millions of American brand cars are sold in China and other Asian countries. What would happen if they all bought Asian brands. We live in the world's #1 democracy and people have the right to decide what they ride, and of couse people have the right to be ignorant
I've had people tell me the same thing (although I am Japanese). Living in Michigan, I sometimes get that crap from the less than educated/ ignorant cornholes. Although I've owned a Z and now drive a Titan, a lot of these people don't understand about the whole "global economy" thing. They call my truck an import. If they'd look at my VIN#, it starts with a "1". It was designed by Americans, in America (Michigan Tech Ctr) and built in America (Canton, Mississippi). I know for a fact that the entire Titan development team was comprised almost entirely of ex-GM, Ford and Chrysler truck engineers who'd been previously let go by the big 3. They argue that ALL of the profits go back to Japan. Not so!!! What happened to all of the Americans that received a paycheck for their efforts in the design, engineering, manufacturing and sales of my Nissan? If they'd take a minute to figure it out, the Titan, in fact, has more domestic content than a Dodge Ram (HD built in Mexico), Chevy or Ford!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Nismo Titan

Originally Posted by bryan@Z1

Aren't GTO's made by Holden in Adelaide, Australia?
Old 07-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Nismo Titan

Originally Posted by DFW 350G
I think we have found the culprit, He was just trying to tell you that not only imports can be true tuners!!!!!

Is that a stunt double from the Transformers movie? LOL
Old 07-17-2009, 11:13 AM
culvi

He wasn't making a get away in one of these was he...

Old 07-17-2009, 11:36 AM
FLfinfan

Originally Posted by Greddytwin350Z
Now if we did this how would people like you live? Yes food grows on trees but I think city people are to lazy to work it! Wait a minute I know, we could import some more Mexicans to do the labor!

Saw a bumper sticker in Iowa once, "don't talk about farmers with you mouth full". People who work outside were the original "rednecks". Sun on the neck, neck gets red, bingo!

Last edited by FLfinfan; 07-17-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:00 PM
FLfinfan

Originally Posted by Nismo Titan
I've had people tell me the same thing (although I am Japanese). Living in Michigan, I sometimes get that crap from the less than educated/ ignorant cornholes. Although I've owned a Z and now drive a Titan, a lot of these people don't understand about the whole "global economy" thing. They call my truck an import. If they'd look at my VIN#, it starts with a "1". It was designed by Americans, in America (Michigan Tech Ctr) and built in America (Canton, Mississippi). I know for a fact that the entire Titan development team was comprised almost entirely of ex-GM, Ford and Chrysler truck engineers who'd been previously let go by the big 3. They argue that ALL of the profits go back to Japan. Not so!!! What happened to all of the Americans that received a paycheck for their efforts in the design, engineering, manufacturing and sales of my Nissan? If they'd take a minute to figure it out, the Titan, in fact, has more domestic content than a Dodge Ram (HD built in Mexico), Chevy or Ford!

Was gonna write something very similar. I own a 2004 Titan and a 2008 Z. Just got back from a trip to VA, live in FL. 3rd time to make the trip in the Titan. The other two times went RI as well. I LOVE my truck. She will run hard all day long. From 3 in the morning to 6 at night pulling a full bed of stuff under the hard tonneau cover, just cruising along, pulling 2k rpms at 80 - 85 miles per hour. "Endurance" is the right name for the motor, the V8 fender badge got it right. The domestic truck drivers hate it, it seems sometimes.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:54 PM
tirekicker

I bought a 05 touring last week. Traded in my 03 Buick Rendezvous. The Buick was loaded, all wheel drive ect ect... It was also the biggest piece of crap I EVER owned. During the 6 years I owned it I put approximately 15 thousand into keeping it running. It never went a month without a mechanical issue. I paid $33000 for it new and got $4000 on it for a trade in. (Canadian Prices). I literally consider buying it the worst decision of my life. Not just cause of the money, but also the loss of use while it was down and the CONSTANT stress. WHen a vehicle fails this frequently your stressed even when its running because your just waiting for the next failure.

It was my 1st American car and it will be my last. I thought I would support our great neighbors to the south as so many American cars (mainly trucks) are made in Canada. I found out AFTER I bought the Rendezvous that it was built in mexico, not the USA ...so my international good will guesture back fired anyway!

Very happy with my Z.... except I now have a new problem. The lease is up on my wifes accord and she wants a Ford Edge...NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!