Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon - The Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 07:07 PM
Morris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent!! mcduck, zluva, and i met last weekend to go over a few more items. things are shaping up nicely.

mcduck knows how to plan an event!
Old 01-16-2004, 07:16 PM
randyshemin@comcast.

We made a couple reservations this week from Nashville's Middle Tennessee Z Club (www.middletennesseezclub.com); expect several more!
Old 01-17-2004, 03:10 PM
Big Sexz

Thanks for the info Mcduck, I went ahead and made the reservations for Thrusday night thru sunday night anyway. I just wanted to make sure that wasnt over kill. I was surprised more people hadnt booked yet because the rooms are cheap. I look forward to meeting everyone.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:43 PM
bigdaddy

damn...i can't wait till may. this sounds like a lot of fun. it'll be fun to get back up to the mountains and tear up the old stomping grounds.

sean
Old 01-18-2004, 08:05 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone...

It sure sounds like we are getting a large swell of support from the 350Z community!

Please, as you are out and about... at your car clubs... whatever... please pass word along to other Z drivers you see who show the same affection for their Zs as we do.

The event is open to all Nissan/Datson Z car types (and G35s too!), but I'm concerned the drivers of older Zs may not be as informed about the event at this point. We continue to work through our sponsor clubs and with SportZ, but any additional word of mouth that gets out there is good.

Here's our goal... every year there are Subaru, Morris Mini, and Miata events at Tail of the Dragon. To date, I think the Miata club has the biggest turnout at 100+. I want to see us get more Zs there than these other clubs can get of their cars!

I want to see more Zs at Fontana Dam for our group shot than Miatas in the picture below (that's about 100 Miatas!)
Attached Thumbnails ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon - The Official Thread-copy-of-miatasatthegap03.jpg  
Old 01-21-2004, 05:27 AM
mcduck

Default First bi-weekly update!!!

Here it is! The first regular update for ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon. Look for a newsletter/update similar to this to be posted about once every other week leading up to the event. Of course, I will still take time to answer your questions as they come up.

Event Sponsors!
First and foremost, we want to thank all of the sponsors how have signed on to support this new Z-community event. Our Club Sponsors, in no particular order are Triangle Z Club, Upstate Z Club, Middle Tennessee Z Club, and Carolina Z Club! Our Corporate Sponsors, again in no particular order are Sport Z Magazine, Crawford Z Car Service, TailoftheDragon.com, Concept Z Performance, Zaino Show Car Polish Products, Courtesy Parts and Jim Wolf Technologies!!! And… if all goes well, we should be getting one more last-minute corporate sponsor onboard. If we do, you’ll hear about it next time!

Booking Rooms
If you’re ready to book a room for this event, call Fontana Village Resort at 1-800-849-2258 ext. 159. Be sure to mention you are booking a room or cabin for the ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon event to receive a 20% room discount! Information about specific room types can be found on the Fontana Village webpage…http://www.fontanavillage.com/fontan...modations.html. Of course, the sooner you book your rooms, the better. Our block of rooms is reserved for ZDayZ through the end of February. After that, rooms will still be available at the discounted rate, but on a first come, first serve basis only.

PLEASE NOTE! If you are a member of one of our sponsor clubs, it is very important that you send me an email with your name and your club’s name at mcduck@earthlink.net after reserving a room. This information will be necessary for one of the benefits your club received by being a club sponsor.

That is all the news I have for this week. Again, if you have questions feel free to contact me at mcduck@earthlink.net

Last edited by mcduck; 01-31-2004 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:14 PM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by randyshemin@comcast.
We made a couple reservations this week from Nashville's Middle Tennessee Z Club (www.middletennesseezclub.com); expect several more!
I just made my reservation today.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:51 AM
mcduck

Default Update #2! Feb 9th

ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon
Fontana Village Resort
Fontana, NC
May 21-23, 2004

Newsletter #2!

Word continues to spread about ZDayZ and we hope the turnout will be better than anyone has anticipated. Last time we told you about our sponsors and getting rooms booked for the event. Following is the next teaser information about events and our event shirt.

Magazine Coverage!
That’s right folks… ZDayZ will be covered by ZDayZ corporate sponsor and enthusiastic supporter of the Z community, Sport Z Magazine! The Sport Z guys are flying in and will be in attendance over the weekend. Look for them around the resort. Maybe if we’re lucky, they’ll see to it that some of the southeast Z-cars that make it up to the mountains will grace the pages of their fine publication.

Event Schedule
We have received many questions about our event schedule. What follows below is a listing of major events that are set at this time. Hopefully, this will help some of you plan your trip for ZDayZ. We are still considering some other activities to add to the agenda. If this happens, updated schedules will be provided via future newsletters. Exact times will be posted in the schedule provided in your welcome packet.

Thursday
  • Check-in only
  • Event organizers arrive to prepare for weekend’s activities!
  • Attendees are welcome to arrive and begin hitting the mountain roads!

Friday Morning
  • Breakfast – Start the day having a bite to eat and chatting with fellow Z-drivers. Each group breakfast will include giveaways provided by our corporate sponsors!

Friday Afternoon
  • Car Detailing Demonstration #1 – Hosted by DrBonz, a charter member of my350Z.com and acclaimed “Zaino-master”, this session will help attendees learn how to get the most out of cleaning and detailing their Z! Session will run approximately 2 hours and will include detailing-related giveaways.

Friday Evening
  • Welcome Dinner – More food… more new friends… more giveaways! Also, a chance to update everyone on last minute ZDayZ developments

Friday All Day
  • DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVE!!! The core of the ZDayZ event is the opportunity to drive some really fun and challenging mountain roads. We will be highlighting some good drive routes in your welcome packet. We encourage attendees to spend time each day exploring and enjoying their Z to the fullest!

Saturday Morning
  • Breakfast – Another chance to kickoff the day with your fellow Z-drivers and possibly organize a Z caravan to conquer the Tail of the Dragon! Each group breakfast will include giveaways provided by our corporate sponsors!
  • Car Detailing Demonstration #2 – A second session hosted by DrBonz for those that missed the first and those that want to get their last minute prep done for the afternoon car show! Session will run approximately 2 hours and will include detailing-related giveaways.

Saturday Lunch
  • Group Picture – Just before lunch, it’s time to rally the Z’s! We’re going to get as many Z-cars as possible on the grassy area in front of Fontana Dam for a big group picture. With any luck, we can surpass the number of Miata’s for a similar staged shot during the Miata Meet last year.

Saturday After Lunch
  • The Car Show – After the group shot, everyone will be given an hour to grab a bite to eat and return for our big car show. This will be your chance to see if your Z is the best of the best! Trophies will be given for each generation of Z-Car (we might even have a G35 class if enough of them show up!). Giveaways will also be handed out during this event. Winners will be drawn from the pool of entrants. There will be an entry fee for this event.

Saturday All Day
  • DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVE!!! If the other events don’t tickle your fancy, you have all day to hit the twisty mountain roads! We encourage attendees to spend time each day exploring and enjoying their Z to the fullest!
  • Portable Dyno (tentative) – Final details are being worked out at this time. Our goal is to have a portable dyno on site all day for those interested in doing dyno pulls for their car (this will be open to all types of cars with Z owners given priority). Prizes will be given to attendees and spectators. There will also be a trophy for the highest output of the day by a Z car. There will be a dyno pull fee for this event.

Saturday Evening
  • A free evening to hang out with new friends and old ones!

Sunday
  • Strictly a driving day – Strictly a driving day. If you have not had a chance to hit the mountain roads, you better do it today… ‘cause if you don’t, you will sure regret it.
  • Check out and return home

There it is… our weekend agenda for fun. I’m sure we’ll have other small activities thrown in here and there. If you have questions, as always, you can send them to me at mcduck@earthlink.net
Old 02-09-2004, 07:36 AM
BoostinZX

Just wanted to post up that the East TN Z32 Club will be attending... (approx. 15 or so members)... I cannot wait for this event! I only live about 40 minutes from the dragon and believe me guys/girls there is no way to get tired of it... unless you get carsick... Anyways... I can't wait to meet all of you and I hope that this meet exceeds everyone's expectations...

-Ian
East TN Z32 Club Founder
1990 300ZX Twin Turbo
Old 02-15-2004, 07:17 AM
Morris

This is just a reminder that our room block expires at the end of February.

Here are booking instructions: See posts above in this thread for additional info.

Booking Rooms

If you’re ready to book a room for this event, call Fontana Village Resort at 1-800-849-2258 ext. 159. Be sure to mention you are booking a room or cabin for the ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon event to receive a 20% room discount! Information about specific room types can be found on the Fontana Village webpage…http://www.fontanavillage.com/fonta...mmodations.html. Of course, the sooner you book your rooms, the better. Our block of rooms is reserved for ZDayZ through the end of February. After that, rooms will still be available at the discounted rate, but on a first come, first serve basis only.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:08 PM
bigdaddy

bump to top...

hey mods, please sticky this thing. it has been asked that you do so many times now.

this should be a great event, but we need to keep this thread in front of people.

thanks.

sean
Old 02-18-2004, 03:52 PM
bhobson333

Default Thanks, tbcz! Thread's now sticky!

Lesson learned: sometimes the direct approach is best. I found a forum mod that was online and sent him a PM. Ten minutes later, we got our sticky.

Old 02-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Morris

Thanks for the help on the sticky guys! You must have read our minds. Andy and I were just talking about needing to get this done.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:57 AM
bigdaddy

You da man, Brian.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:40 PM
2003z

you guys reminded me, so I reserved a cabin today! Thanks
Old 02-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

we are going to be at this event too..making the long drive from NY! Probably just with the 350z, not any of our others, though who knows

We'll be making reservations next week
Old 02-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Z-1, hopefully you'll be able to see my new Kaminari lip by then! See you there!
Attached Thumbnails ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon - The Official Thread-dragon.jpg  
Old 02-22-2004, 03:19 PM
ravaz

Wow, sounds really good. I might have to try and attend this event.
Old 02-22-2004, 04:08 PM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This should definately be one of the best events to go to if you don't go anywhere else this year.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:15 AM
mcduck

Default Update #3 - 2/23/04

Hello, again! The ZDayZ weekend continues to move closer and closer. Even though we are still 3 months from the event, I have received confirmation from Fontana Village that close to 30 rooms and cabins have been booked! This doesn’t even include those that have written indicating they are close enough to drive in each day. It’s looking like we’ll have a great turnout for ZDayZ! If you have not booked your room, you may want to do so soon. Our reserved block of rooms is only locked until the end of February. After that it is first come, first serve. I’m sure once our ad in Sport Z Magazine hits with the next issue (shipping March 1st), rooms will start going quick. So, get yours now! Rooms can be booked by contacting Fontana Village Resort at 1-800-849-2258 ext. 159.

ZDayZ T-Shirts!
What would a special Z event be without a souvenir t-shirt to take back home with you to remind you of all the fun you had? Of course, we want you to remember attending the first ZDayZ event so we’re offering a special ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon 2004 t-shirt! The artwork for this shirt is attached below. The shirt will be printed using 6-color screen printing onto 100% cotton light grey Beefy-Ts t-shirts, the same quality that goes into other TailoftheDragon.com t-shirts. I bought one of their shirts during my last visit to Tail of the Dragon and can say first hand that they do a top notch job with them!

Because of the cost associated with producing nice shirts like this, there will only be a limited supply available at the ZDayZ event and once they are sold out, there will be no more. To ensure you get yours, pre-order one (or more!) before March 31, 2004. NOTE: Members of sponsor clubs (Carolina Z Club, Middle Tennessee Z Club, Upstate Z Club, and Triangle Z Club) should place their pre-order through the club to get the sponsor club discount price! Everyone else should contact Andy Morris at mcduck@earthlink.net to obtain a pre-order form. A printed copy of the pre-order form must be received with your payment by March 31, 2004. The price for the event t-shirt is $18 each and will be the same at the event. Pre-ordering guarantees your shirt and is the only way you can buy a size other than Large or X-Large. Large and X-Large will be the only sizes available at the ZDayZ event. At this time, we do not plan to ship shirts via mail. You must attend ZDayZ in order to pick up your pre-ordered ZDayZ t-shirts!!!

ZDayZ Sponsors!
The next time you are surfing the web, be sure to visit our event sponsors! Without them, ZDayZ would not be happening:

Club Sponsors
Carolina Z Club (NC)
Triangle Z Club (NC)
Upstate Z Club (SC)
Middle Tennessee Z Club (TN)

Corporate Sponsors
Concept Z Performance
www.CourtesyParts.com
Crawford Z Car Service
Fontana Village Resort
Jim Wolf Technologies
Sport Z Magazine
www.TailoftheDragon.com
Zaino Car Show Polish

That’s all for now… next time, we’ll start giving additional information about the activities we are planning for ZDayZ. Talk to you again in about 2 weeks! As always, if you have questions, send them to mcduck@earthlink.net

(sorry the image is not more detailed... gotta fit it into 640x480 format. I'll send full size image with preorder forms)
Attached Thumbnails ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon - The Official Thread-dragonsm.jpg  

Quick Reply: ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon - The Official Thread