Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon - The Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 07:05 PM
n2az

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey BoB, better bring your camera ...in the Z! I just don't know where you're gonna hide that audi??? I know, let's have have a real photo op. A cover shot competition, ...who's gonna bring the models? Hey BYOM, may the best model win and I don't mean 240, 260, 280, 300, or 350base, enth, perf, tour or track! You just might get enough cover shots to last ten years. It's gonna be a great event for this side of the world. It's the perfect setting and the weather is gonna be Great....
Old 05-09-2004, 07:26 PM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ONLY 12 MORE DAYS!!!

Does anyone know how I can mount a small camcorder for this trip???
Old 05-09-2004, 07:30 PM
pimp1911

Send a pm to jtree007. He makes and sells an interior camera mount. May come in handy for all the twisties. Tell him pimp1911 sent you.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:35 PM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by pimp1911
Send a pm to jtree007. He makes and sells an interior camera mount. May come in handy for all the twisties. Tell him pimp1911 sent you.
SWEET!!! Thanks...
Old 05-10-2004, 04:51 AM
bhobson333

Originally posted by BlueDragonZ
Does anyone know how I can mount a small camcorder for this trip???
Check out this thread - the guy mounts his camera in the grill! It's a great camera angle. Scroll down for a better link than the one he originally gives.

https://my350z.com/forum/south-east/72099-the-run-north-carolina-video.html
Old 05-10-2004, 05:12 AM
bhobson333

Originally posted by mcduck
What if Bigfoot was driving one of the Brickyard 350Zs???? huh... huh...
I bet Leadfoot will be driving BOTH of them!
Old 05-10-2004, 06:47 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by n2az
Hey BoB, better bring your camera ...in the Z! I just don't know where you're gonna hide that audi??? I know, let's have have a real photo op. A cover shot competition, ...who's gonna bring the models? Hey BYOM, may the best model win and I don't mean 240, 260, 280, 300, or 350base, enth, perf, tour or track! You just might get enough cover shots to last ten years. It's gonna be a great event for this side of the world. It's the perfect setting and the weather is gonna be Great....
I'll certainly bring my camera, but not in the Z. Was up in the mountains yesterday and put on about 250 miles and my legs hurt. They hurt a lot -- poor baby!

I'll do my best with the cover shots and would hope to receive some great images (high res digital burned to a CD) from y'all (that's southern).

The summer issue will be on press later this week and I must admit we outdid ourselves. Several surprises await our subscribers.

I leave next Tuesday for ZDayZ. Have a couple of stops to make along the way. Now you guyz need to be kind to my Audi. The S8 is just a larger version of the 350Z. Close your eyes, tap your heels -- Audi350. Cool!

See y'all soon.

Bob

Last edited by publisher; 05-10-2004 at 07:01 AM.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:57 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by PhoenixINX

Worthwhile of blowing up and framing!
Blowing up. YIKES

To be PC in this new age we find ourselves immersed, I suggest using the work enlarge. You never know who's listening.

Bob
Old 05-10-2004, 06:59 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
"What if Bigfoot was driving one of the Brickyard 350Zs???? huh... huh..."

Sorry but that's already been done.
Toupee?

Bob
Old 05-10-2004, 08:01 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, but don't tell him (Sasquatch) that. He is really self conscious about it. Has been ever since they took that old film of him walking in the woods!
Old 05-10-2004, 05:28 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE!!!

IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!!

For those arriving on Thursday night, particularly those who are "event staff" or work for a magazine covering the event, please plan to meet in the Fontana Village Inn lobby around 8:30-9:00pm to cover a few logistic items.

If you are helping, covering the event, or just want to volunteer to help, but not arriving on Thursday, I'll leave information at the check-in desk as how to find me (either a place, or a time and place if I'm offsite)

10 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 05:31 PM
mcduck

Default Paging DrBonz...

BTW, Bonz... gotta new mod that went on this weekend. Definitely will set the "twins" apart a bit.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't tell me you took off your rims and put the Track Rays on???

Old 05-11-2004, 06:18 AM
mcduck

no.. no... I'm setting them apart... not dressing them the same. You'll see next week!
Old 05-11-2004, 06:20 AM
mcduck

Default Okay... break in the levity for an official update

ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon
Fontana Village Resort
Fontana, NC
May 21-23, 2004

Newsletter #8!

Wow! We’re just a little more than a week away from ZDayZ… 9 more days. I can’t wait to see everyone there! This will be our last “official” update as the next few days we’ll be busy getting ready for the event. While everything below is newsworthy, be sure to take special note of the important information about driving to ZDayZ and getting checked in.

More Car Show Information!
Just a few quick updates here… at this time, it looks like we’ll have somewhere between 35 and 40 prize giveaways during the car show awards ceremony! Those not entering a car can get their chance to win by buying raffle tickets during the car show. These prizes are in addition to prizes we’ll be giving away at breakfasts, Friday’s welcome dinner, and the detailing events. Also, we just added one VERY BIG special award for the car show! You must be entered in the show to have a chance at this one. It’s a secret until we announce it, but I can’t wait to give this one out when we are awarding the trophies!!! WOOHOO!!!!! Finally, we’ve arranged free box lunches for car show entrants and should have free soft drinks and bottled water for everyone. Hopefully, this will make the car show entry fee look a bit more enticing.

The Competition
I just spoke with Fontana Village Resort and got an update on recent events. The Mini Cooper meet was a week ago and they drew in 200+ Mini Coopers for the weekend! Of course, this is their 2nd year of doing this. I’m sure none of us wants to be outdone by the Mini Cooper crowd, so let’s make this event the best it can be so we can draw an even bigger Z crowd next year!

ZDayZ Check-in Information
Please make note of the following information for your arrival at ZDayZ…
  • A note on driving to Fontana Village… when using internet map directions, set your destination as Fontana Dam, NC. Most direction search engines (such as Yahoo!Maps or MapQuest) will not take the Fontana Village Resort address. Placing your destination as Fontana Dam, NC will get you directions up to NC Hwy 28. From there, you should start seeing billboard signs that will lead you to Fontana Village Resort.
  • When you arrive at Fontana Village, enter the complex where you see the “Information Center” sign. This is where you will check in. The folks at the Information Center will tell you how to get to your cabin or room and will have addition information for ZDayZ.
  • Be sure to pick up a ZDayZ information packet when you check-in. It contains information about our schedule of activities, suggested drives, sponsor information, reviews, maps, and more. Please pick up only one copy per participant, though. We want to ensure everyone gets one.
  • Also at check in, you will see a ZDayZ Sign-In Sheet. Be sure to fill in your name, arrival date, and departure date in the spaces provided. Please Print Clearly!!! Every person in attendance, whether you drove or rode along, should sign in once. We will be using this information for our breakfast and dinner prize drawings! So, if you don’t sign up, you won’t have a chance to win some nice stuff we have to give away.
  • While checking in, you may also want to ask for the Fontana Village schedule of events. As a getaway resort, they will have their normal array of activities going on while we are doing our Z car event. It’s likely you will find a few other things to do that are not on the ZDayZ agenda!
  • Try to make it to the group breakfasts (approx. 8:00am) and dinners (approx. 7:00pm) in the Carolina Room at the Fontana Village Inn. This is when we will be having daily prize drawings and a good opportunity for you to catch up with other ZDayZ attendees before or after driving the Dragon.
  • Most importantly, DRIVE SAFELY!!! The main purpose of this event is to provide a venue accessible to some very fun-to-drive roads. We want everyone to have a great time during their visit. So, please drive carefully while you are at ZDayZ as well as on your way to and from the event.

SEE YOU IN THE MOUNTAINS!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:00 PM
n2az

Good Job Andy! Show of hands at our Upstate SC monthly mtg tonight... Ten of those present already had reservations, and there were a few yet undecided due to scheduling conflicts to be worked out. I also believe there are others that were not present that will try to go. What's the word from the Atlanta crowd? That's a strong club and I expect to see good representation from Ga. There's a small group driving up together from SC on Friday morning and another small group driving up on Saturday morning. I sense there will also be a significant turnout from beyond the local memberships. We'll find out shortly, ...only ten more dayZ. Just a little feedback to let you feel the pulse.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well guys, sorry to say but I won;t be able to make it after all

Turns out IAS is the same weekend on A/C and I have commitments to one of our sponsors to have my car in the booth for the whole weekend.

We had made reservatiosn at the hotel too, so if anyone wants my spot there, please PM me!

Adam
Old 05-12-2004, 04:11 AM
88 Shrio Special

I am leaving at around 8:00am from Atlanta. Anyone else going up from Atlanta on Sat the 22nd? Karl
Old 05-12-2004, 06:42 AM
mcduck

Sorry to hear that you are going to miss us, Adam. Though, we may do it again next year if this year's ZDayZ is successful.

Bob (n2az)... not sure on the Atlanta crowd. I know some of them have booked rooms, but I haven't heard much from them directly so I don't know how many will come.

9 days left!
Old 05-12-2004, 09:30 PM
shears

Originally posted by Morris
As one of your able assistants (well maybe just one of your assistants) you know I will be there.

Should have news on sponsors SOON!!
Morris. I also have an '03 350Z Enthusiast with leather, Crawford plenum, alumunum flywheel, popcharger, Nismo exhaust, 18 inch wheels and 245-40 front and 275-40 rear Toyo T1-S tires. Fixed up much the same! My question to you is how much difference does the Crawford high-flow cats make, beyond the plenum, intake and exhaust. Would they be quite noticable. Thanks!

Quick Reply: ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon - The Official Thread