Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon - The Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 01:25 PM
bhobson333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a good-looking shirt, Andy! I can't wait!
Old 02-23-2004, 02:03 PM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm loving the DB on the shirt.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:41 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dr Bonz...yep, your lip should be going out next week
Old 02-29-2004, 05:33 AM
willpower

Well I booked our room at Fontana village yesterday...........Roll on may 22nd
Old 03-08-2004, 10:47 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure why this isn't a sticky anymore... just a quick bump. More news coming soon!
Old 03-11-2004, 07:20 AM
mcduck

Thumbs up Some event information...

ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon
Fontana Village Resort
Fontana, NC
May 21-23, 2004

Newsletter #4!

A short update today as we start to highlight some of the activities you can participate in at ZDayZ…

Group Breakfasts / Welcome Dinner
One of the cool things about a gathering like this is the opportunity you have to meet and get to know other people in the Z community. In the short time I have owned my Z, I have found that the range of Z enthusiast knows no bounds… Z enthusiasts are both young and old, laid back and wild, men and women, and so on. The things they all seem to have in common are a love for their Zs and an abundance of stories to tell.

We hope by creating a community meal atmosphere each day, everyone will have a chance to mingle and get to know some Z-lovers from other regions. The first evening of the even, we will have a welcome dinner for the entire group and each morning, there will be a gathering for breakfast. Perhaps you’ll want to share tales about your weekend drives around the Dragon!

Also, these gatherings will give the organizers a chance to acknowledge our sponsors and reward those who have come to attend ZDayZ by giving out some prizes. There will be no charge to be put in the breakfast or dinner prize drawings. Attending ZDayZ will be the only entry fee required. Information will be shared with you when you check in about how drawings will be conducted. There will also be separate participation drawings for different events. These will be highlighted as we talk about those other events.

Detailing Your Z (with DrBonz!)
Want some tips on how to give your Z a showcar shine? Maybe you just want to get just a little more edge for the ZDayZ car show. Well, you’re in luck! There will be detailing sessions Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, giving you two opportunities to learn some new tricks for keeping your Z looking its best. Both sessions are conveniently timed before the ZDayZ car show and will include demonstrations of good car cleaning practices, detailing, and car show polishing.

Both sessions will feature detailing product giveaways from Zaino, one of our ZDayZ sponsors, as well as other cleaning and detailing items. The only way to win these items is to attend the detailing session, so make sure you attend one or the other.

Most importantly, we have recruited Ed Uberti to conduct the detailing sessions! Some may know Ed better as DrBonz, the alter ego he uses on several 350Z websites. Ed truly is a Zaino-master (his beautiful supercharged Brickyard 350Z sports 50+ coats of the magic Z-polish!!!) and does a super job of keeping his car looking its best. In fact, it was recently voted the My350z.com website 350Z of the Year by members of the site. Maybe some of the car cleaning magic will rub off on our car show entrants…

That’s all for today. We’ll highlight more activities as we continue to close in on ZDayZ. Just a little more than 10 weeks to go!!!!!
Old 03-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

this is really going to be a good time guys..I defiantely need the clear bra on before headed down though!

Andy - drop me a line over the weekend, I want to see how your "mod" worked out

Dr Bonz if you are reading this, I called hem and yelled today - they said they will call me back Monday with a firm ETA
Old 03-13-2004, 05:45 PM
mcduck

What we want?!

EQUALITY!

When do we want it?!

NOW!

McDuck wonders how this event keeps being removed from the "sticky" items while other car event.... not that I'll mention names... 2004EastCoastZandGMeet... <ahem>... have been stickied for quite some time and never seem to be removed as a "Note" thread. That hardly seems fair.

Guess I'll just have to do a 'bump' response every day for the next 2 1/2 months.... <sigh>
Old 03-13-2004, 06:59 PM
bhobson333

Originally posted by mcduck
McDuck wonders how this event keeps being removed from the "sticky" items while other car event.... not that I'll mention names... 2004EastCoastZandGMeet... <ahem>... have been stickied for quite some time and never seem to be removed as a "Note" thread. That hardly seems fair.
I just sent a pointed PM to 4 of the moderators of this forum requesting a sticky through May. Let's hope we get a little respect. It would suck to have to tell Sports Z Magazine in interviews that this web site wasn't supporting the event.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:08 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah Vic, what's the deal?
Old 03-14-2004, 04:01 AM
bhobson333

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Yeah Vic, what's the deal?
I received this from a mod:

the policy that we were told to follow was stickies in general forum 1week before. stickys on every meet 2months ahead will end up with way too many.

I only follow the rules, victor(mike wazowski) makes them. keep trying with him to see if you can work something out.
Brian
Old 03-15-2004, 05:59 AM
n2az

Hey Vic! Let's make this a STICKY and see What Happens! Let's support our good buddy McDuck. He's doin alot of work!
Old 03-16-2004, 07:55 AM
n2az

McDuck, I'm sure you're aware by now, but I think Ga Z Club did a good thing to combine AMAZE with Walter Mitty at Road Atlanta. This is adifferent type of event and now there is enough separation (ie, first of May to end of May) to eliminate the competition issues. I may even attend both events myself since I have been to the Walter Mitty Challenge before, and this year seems to be even better with plans to host the various car clubs. Keep up the good work and we'll see ya at the Dragon!
Old 03-16-2004, 02:53 PM
mcduck

Yeah... I saw their event listed on the Georgia Z Club website. I'm going to try to make it down there if I can. My event calendar is filling up quick for Spring, though. Luckily, I have a free place to crash in Atlanta if I can get down there that weekend!
Old 03-16-2004, 04:13 PM
bigdaddy

sticky again.

thanks brian.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:16 AM
mcduck

drtom2 has reminded me that there has not been an update recently. Thought I would give a quicky today so everyone knows what's going on.

Basically, we have been holding off on a few arrangements until we could see how many rooms are being booked for ZDayZ. Consequencely, this has delayed detailed announcements about our dyno day and car show. With the recent ad in Sport Z magazine, we expected to see an increase in reservations and we have.

As of this morning, 38 rooms and cabins have been booked for the event. In the case of cabins, this often represents more than one car and driver. This also doesn't take into account those who live close enough to drive in each day or the rooms/cars of the event staff. All together, it is safe to say we will see at least 50 cars and, I expect, many more than that since we are still two months away from the event!

As ever, questions about the event can be directed to me at mcduck@earthlink.net
Old 03-26-2004, 06:16 PM
2003z

my cabin is for 1 car and 1 couple. However, I'm scheduled to go to 767 school in May, I'm really hoping I can still have that weekend off!
Old 03-28-2004, 08:05 PM
PhoenixINX

Yeah we have three members here locally who STILL have not reserved a room...

Thus your assumptions are dead-on... lots of stragglers!

Again if I forget to tell you to your face... MANY THANKS for organizing this!

Look forward to seeing you... and that <cough> ride!
Old 03-29-2004, 12:10 PM
mcduck

Look forward to seeing you... and that <cough> ride!
Hmm.... me thinks unofficial word is moving faster than the official declaration. Here's hoping I can offer up an even "bigger" surprise this Friday than could currently be announced... hehehehe...
Old 04-01-2004, 11:12 AM
mcduck

ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon
Fontana Village Resort
Fontana, NC
May 21-23, 2004

Newsletter #5!

It’s time for another ZDayZ update!!! Today we highlight one of our main events…

ZDayZ Dyno Day!
As we move closer to ZDayZ weekend, we are getting some of the details cleaned up on our event schedule. At this time, we are happy to announce we have finalized arrangements for a portable dyno to be at ZDayZ! Here’s what you need to know about our dyno event…

The mobile dyno will be at ZDayZ on Friday, May 21st and will run from 9:00am until dark. This is a change from our original schedule which had the dyno event on Saturday. The organizers of ZDayZ reevaluated our event schedule and felt it would be better to space out some activities to allow attendees to participate in as many activities as possible. There should be plenty of time for you to dyno either before or after hitting some of the mountain roads on Friday!

The cost of dyno pulls will be $50, payable when you arrive for your pulls. Our hope is that everyone who participates will get to make 3 runs on the dyno, but there will be a time limit of 15 minutes for your e runs (actual “on dyno” time, not including hookup time). This is to ensure we can accommodate all that want to dyno their Z. At this time, we are uncertain if this includes an Air/Fuel Ratio reading, but if those readings can be done, there will be no additional charge for them. The dyno will be open to all, but priority will be given to Z-car owners first.

The mobile dyno has a limit of 500 rwhp. This is just a limit inherent with most mobile dynos. Those with cars that would top 500 rwhp will be able to see at what RPM their motor breaks 500 rwhp, but will not have a peak number. Somehow, I don’t think this will be a problem for most of us!

Dyno event giveaways. We will have prize giveaways at the dyno throughout the day. We hope this will raise interest a bit from both those that are dynoing and those who just may want to watch. There will be a sign-up sheet or raffle tickets distributed to dyno participants and spectators. From this group, we’ll have a prize drawing at pre-designated times throughout the day at the dyno location.

Dyno event awards. It’s tough to do award categories for so many different types of cars, but we’re going to try. There will be at least one award for highest power (rwhp) output. This will be determined by highest peak horsepower from each participant’s dyno runs. If we have any participants that pull higher than 500 rwhp, we’ll decide the winner by the vehicle that breaks this mark at the lowest RPM. If we can find a way to do other awards with this event, we will. All awards will be outlined in the information packet you receive at check-in. Dyno awards will be presented during the awards ceremony for the Car Show event on Saturday.

Finally, I’d like to thank D and D Mobile Dyno Services, who will be providing the mobile dyno for us at ZDayZ. These folks do a lot of GM F-body events, but came highly recommended. If you get a chance, check out their website at... http://www.danddmobiledynoservices.com/home.

ZDayZ Volunteers!
A show of this magnitude doesn’t run itself. We’ve worked hard to cover all the bases for ZDayZ, but no matter how much planning is done, it is likely we will still need a little help with some of our activities. If anyone cares to volunteer some time to help out, particularly for Friday’s dyno event or with the Car Show on Saturday, please contact Andy at mcduck@earthlink.net. Car Show assistance will be needed for non-judging activities (like registration, directing parking, etc)

That’s all for today. Next update… Car Show information!!!

Quick Reply: ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon - The Official Thread