Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My 350Z Rant

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 12:05 PM
amallari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JFritz

I like your honest opinion about the Z ; however it all depends on what you want from the Z and at the same time the Z can do for you. The 300z TT was one of the best back in the mid 90's. The Z is a unique sport car that everyone is trying to imitate since back in the 70's. I bought mine because I've always wanted a reliable sports car. My first choice was the Supra but was way over priced. I say test drive the other cars then use the Z for the last option. That's what I did. I'm very pleased on getting the Z. I look forward in the mornings to drive my Z to work and just puts a smile of my face. The issue about on the forum deals with the first batch of Z's that had some bugs, isn't it best to wait until they get those out. There is yet to come when it comes to after market parts. Just my opinion.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:16 PM
JFritz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

amallari,
i think the Z is at the top of the list even with all the sh-t i received on here.

chanimal117,
1/10th of a second makes a big difference. I think it is almost 1 car length between 14.3 and 14.1. That's a big enough difference to make my girlfriends panties moist.

Marc'sR/T,
You had to take in it the shorts for that trade in I imagine????

a few of you on here have made some kick as- posts even though you had to bash me a little. Im just looking for what made you honestly buy the Z.

$31K is nothing to sneeze at for me. Plus I'm at a age and time in my life where I can make a purchase like this. It's very important that I'm going to be happy with my decision.

A few of you say that you wake up on Sunday's with a smile on your face just to drive. That just sums up everything about owning sports cars for me. Hmm, maybe I can wait to buy a house first instead of waiting for the car.

Last edited by JFritz; 10-17-2003 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:31 PM
Dissident

Default Re: Dissident

Originally posted by Yielar
Do you even know who this thread is directed at?? Try reading the entire post before you start venting at the wrong people pud. I simply was correcting someone that has said that there were no sc's with a warranty.

Yielar
Dude, relax, I was making a joke about the warranty being sponsored byt eh "dell financial group." the rest of the post wasn't directed at you. Did you read my post? Sheesh, touchy...
Old 10-17-2003, 01:37 PM
KONVERTER

bigger doesnt always equil better nor faster...
Old 10-17-2003, 02:46 PM
jackl

It all comes down to what you really want in a car. If all you want is raw power and are not concerned about style then there are cars with a lot more power, and some are even cheaper than the Z.

I looked at several cars before I bought my Z. I looked at the Mustang but was very disappointed in the interior. It really looks cheap. I looked at the BMW Z4 but just didn't like the sytle. I checked out the Mercedes SLK, Audi TT, Toyota MR2, T-Bird, corvette and several others. But when I drove the Z, I was hooked. I love the style and it has enough power for me. I also love being the only person in town with a 350ZR. There are literally hundreds of mustangs, corvettes, toyotas, mazdas and others in the area. But there are very few Zs. A day doesn't go by that someone doesn't tell me what a great looking car I have. Everyone just seems to love the car. But no one loves it more than I do.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:01 PM
EL Diablo

here in Los Angeles Z's are everywehere! Further proof that this car is HOT! cuz here in LA if something is in, it's everywhere. I see at least 2 or 3 Z's just driving to and from work everyday. on the week-ends I will see more than that. you'll see tons of boxsters here but it looks like the Z is closing in as the Car to have. Guys in boxsters dont even want to look over at me for fear I'll tear'em up. I LOVE THAT!
Old 10-17-2003, 03:40 PM
Montez

This thread needs to be locked everyone saying the same ol' stuff over and over, no one is never going to convince that guy otherwise. We really should'nt be trying to convince someone that trash talks our cars to buy one!
Old 10-17-2003, 03:49 PM
SlamMan

I understand this guys frustration with the power lever. Nissan built this car for people interested in a "true sports car". 2 Seats, RWD, looks fantastic, and enough power to make it fun to drive. Unfortunatly the Z doesn't put down as much power as other "import tuner" cars and the NA engine isn't as friendly to modding as factory turbo cars.

Is there anyone here who would have been disapointed if Nissan would have put a Turbocharged inline 6 cylinder?
Old 10-17-2003, 04:55 PM
KONVERTER

Originally posted by EL Diablo
here in Los Angeles Z's are everywehere! Further proof that this car is HOT! cuz here in LA if something is in, it's everywhere. I see at least 2 or 3 Z's just driving to and from work everyday. on the week-ends I will see more than that. you'll see tons of boxsters here but it looks like the Z is closing in as the Car to have. Guys in boxsters dont even want to look over at me for fear I'll tear'em up. I LOVE THAT!

where in cali are you...

i saw 7 z's today...

thats because i was at performance nissan...

didnt see one on the street at all on the 50 miles i spent driving back to valencia...
Old 10-17-2003, 05:43 PM
archman350z

JFRITZ,

With all the BS and hatin' on this post aside...

Just go out and test drive a Z. Forget about power, numbers, etc., etc., and just drive. Compare this experience with that of others and see which one makes you happy. This car has so much character that just can't be translated into numbers.

...And when you buy a Z, we'll all welcome you to the club!
Old 10-17-2003, 07:56 PM
Z2k3

Originally posted by JFritz
Im just looking for what made you honestly buy the Z.
Well I guess I can provide a little more input here, let's see I bought my Z and traded in a moderately modded NA 2001 Mustang Cobra with only 9,000 miles on it. The Cobra was fast easily the fastest car I've owned, the torque threw you back into your seat, and I have to admit I enjoyed taking down the TAs and Z28s driving all over the place. With that being said here's why I traded in my Cobra for a 350z, in the order of importance.

1. The look of the 350z there is just nothing like it out there on the road, and even if there are other Zs there are very few of them. My Cobra looked only slightly different than a GT, and I pass 100 Mustangs a day on the road. I wanted to stand out and be different. Sure some will say the Z looks like an Audi TT or a Porsche Boxster, but the fact remains the car has a unique look all it's own.

2. I wanted a Automatic this was an option with the Z, but it is not an option with a Cobra. All Cobras are manuals, so even though I could have traded in my 01 Cobra for a 03 Supercharged Cobra it would still have been a manual and I was very very tired of driving a manual in thick city traffic everyday. The only choice beyond a Mustang GT with an auto Mustang wise would have been the Mach 1 or a Saleen which is quite a bit more expensive brand new.

3. The interior of the Z is superior to any car I've owned and totally destroys the primitive crappy interior of my Cobra away. In addition, my Cobra had leather & suede seats (try cleaning & conditioning the leather without getting anything on the suede ) It's a big hassle and in Cobras leather is not an option it mandatory lol.

Those are the main reasons I traded in my Cobra for a Z. Is my Z faster than my Cobra? No. Do I enjoy driving it more? Definitely! Does the car draw more attention than my Cobra? Absolutely! Does the car make more people want to race me than when I owned my Cobra? Umm no way I had people trying to race me all the time in my Cobra, hardly anyone ever bothers me in my Z.

I considered other cars besides the Z too before buying the Z, but none of them were SRT-4, 03 Cobra, EVO, or STi. Personally I had no interest in owning a turbo Neon matter how fast it was, I already owned a Cobra and didn't want to own another even if it was faster, and the EVO & STi look like Camrys with huge wings on the back and funky hoods they just have no style to them. The only other cars I considered besides my Z was some BMWs lol.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:18 PM
edubbzzz

Default AAHHHH HEMM!!!!

THE Z is BADASS, and they will have better tunning parts for the car and P.S SRT doent beat me nor does the evo, normal ppl arent PROFESSIONAL drivers. PLUS i was parked next ot my friends STI and SOME "CHICS" evo and everyone was intersted in MY car!!

Good luck on your choice's but if your even considering another car and you dont like the Z's Performance DONT GET ONE!!

LaterZ,
Erich

MY TRACK TIMES ARE IN MY SIG. GOOD DAY SIR!
Old 10-18-2003, 12:14 PM
JFritz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Montez,
Further proof that some of you don't read my posts, and just flame away.

thanks archman350z and everyone else that contributed. I think 112 replies is enough. haha

I don't want to test drive one until I'm ready to buy, because I know I'll want to buy it right away.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:15 PM
350trackz

ok...i went throught the ws6 T/A (the 6th produced in 1996) that with the help of Lou gigliotti at LG Motorsports was easily pushing 600hp (yes it was blown) and total cost after all mods...... about $50000.

Yes, had a Cobra....stupid Ford...nuff said

i put about 25k on the t/a...sold it because i popped a weld that held the body together at the track and yes, i had subframe connectors and a 6 point. the pos fell apart....after $50000

the cobra was cool because all the high school kids had 5.0s, but my engine was signed some some mechanic at ford...and i paid $10000 for that signature...waste...seats sucked, 35mph is about the fastest you can take a turn.

took a break for about 7 years from the sports car world because nothing "fit" the bang for the buck...300TT....umm...too many $$$, supra TT $60000, whatever.....rx7....couldnt bring myself to buy rotary.

The Z launched ... and my heart melted....my dad had ordered one and due to the late release, he went and bought a TT Quattro. He has done everything possible to get rid of that for a Z.

Old Nissan addage is

"It isn't broke in until it has 100000 miles"

Take ANY of the cars you listed as possibles...any of them...throw 100000 miles on them and if they'll start, run them against the Z.....by the time you get to the finish line (straight track or road course), i'll make sure i have a nice pack of ice for your *** that just got kicked up and down.

And for the record, my friends' cars include M3, Z4, Boxter and a Z06. Everyone wants to ride in the Z when we go out....hmmm...wonder why

Last edited by 350trackz; 10-18-2003 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:03 AM
timeslip

I just recently purchased a 350z (3 months ago). Since then, i've spent the entire year looking at all the new cars and debating dumping $30k into my 95 M3 or buying a new car. As you already know, buying the new car was my final decision. The 350z was my decision because it was the only car, which I felt was as comfortable, stylish, and handled as well as my 95 M3 with some suspension mods. Now that it's been over 3 months, I love the car. Every week I resist from dumping more money into it. Thank god that buying my own home is worth more, or else i'd have wheels, exhaust, FI already on it. You should really go test drive each of these cars and decide which is best for you. In my opinion, the STI and Evo are fast cars, but it is hard to spend $30k+ for a econo box. The Z is definitely bang for the buck. Looks exotic, handles VERY well on stock suspension, performs decently for your every day use and occasional track event.

So in conclusion, I repeat.. go test drive each of the cars yourself, and chose which everyone you feel the most comfortable with. Remember, there will always be a faster car. Might as well buy the one you want.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:59 PM
zimbo

Lemme put it this way. I drive a G35 sedan. Same running works as the Z and with the mods I have in it, between my car and the 350z it's a drivers race.

BUT... when my car comes to a stop at a light nobody cares. When a Z stops at a light, people get whiplash and have to wipe the drool off their chin. There's more to a sports car than 0-60 and raw HP.

You have to take the sum of all parts and decide what works best for you. The Z isn't for me personally (since I drive my kids to school on the way to work), but damn it's a nice car.

--Steve
Old 10-19-2003, 03:08 PM
CottonWoodz

Originally posted by zimbo
Lemme put it this way. I drive a G35 sedan. Same running works as the Z and with the mods I have in it, between my car and the 350z it's a drivers race.
--Steve
I dought that..
Old 10-19-2003, 03:18 PM
zimbo

Stock G35 6MT sedan 0-60 = 5.6 seconds. What's the stock Z? 5.5 seconds? If that's not a driver's race then what is?

Regardless, my point is that people buy cars for different reasons. If 0-60 is the main concern, there are better cars than the Z. For total wow factor for around 30K, the Z is hard to beat. I prefer the interior of the G35 coupe, but the exterior styling of the G coupe doesn't get as many stares--in my opinion--as does the Z.

--Steve

Last edited by zimbo; 10-19-2003 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2003, 03:26 PM
Marc's R/T

Originally posted by JFritz
Marc'sR/T,
You had to take in it the shorts for that trade in I imagine????

Yeah, a few grand but I got an outstanding deal on the G so all in all it turned out ok.
Old 10-19-2003, 03:29 PM
CottonWoodz

Originally posted by zimbo
Stock G35 6MT sedan 0-60 = 5.6 seconds. What's the stock Z? 5.5 seconds? If that's not a driver's race then what is?

Regardless, my point is that people buy cars for different reasons. If 0-60 is the main concern, there are better cars than the Z. For total wow factor for around 30K, the Z is hard to beat. I prefer the interior of the G35 coupe, but the exterior styling of the G coupe doesn't get as many stares--in my opinion--as does the Z.

--Steve
Where did you get that time of 5.6?

Last edited by CottonWoodz; 10-19-2003 at 03:32 PM.

Quick Reply: My 350Z Rant