Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Intense Power are a bunch of Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 06:35 PM
CUL8ER

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have bought a bunch of parts from them, most of the time they came through but on the J's racing and c-west hood, told me in January 8=12 weeks for the j's and 6months for the c-west, in late may/ early june after getting the runaround. I started asking for my money back(j's racing) and our conversation ended in September 16. I haven't heard from them since.

Last edited by CUL8ER; 12-07-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:12 PM
jasabeast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered my Stance coilovers on tuesday of last week... They came in today but i got a tracking number that wouldnt work.. i called FEDEX and they said there was no such number and then called Stance and they said it was shipped and thankfully it came today.. i guess i lucked out lol... This is for the dude who said he ordered the coils as well.. they said the last shipment they got in is all gone and wont be getting more till January.. this was for GR+ idk if they meant all the Stance coils or just the ones i got.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:27 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
IBTL/Delete...

I have been saying this a loooong time... Ill leave it at that..
care to elaborate on your behind doors ("mudsling"?) talking?

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 12-07-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:54 PM
krnzzang84

i have horriable experience with intense when i bought my cf seibon hood.
Problem: Recieved 07 hood instead of 03
Communication: Tried numouse phone call, never got a call back,
Conclusion: Rep told me "i see you ordered 03, it was seibon who sent you the wrong hood. You have to call them and deal with them."
WTF if i was gonna deal with them i would of bought it from them, WTF is this. Bottom line i bought it from you, you guys should be on top of it and fix this $hit. I would never buy $hit from intense, although there single-turbo is very attracting to me....
Old 12-07-2009, 08:08 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hello Jay,

I understand that you are upset, and you have a right to be. We ourselves lost several hours, if not days, dealing with the importer of J's Racing regarding your order, and had to threaten legal action to get them to pay us. These details mean nothing to you, nor should they, but they must be stated. There is no way to explain this without being thrown to the fire, and I'm no stranger to the politics of the forum world when such a harsh verdict is thrown down upon a company/seller, so I don't expect to come out shining or as the victor in this one.

At this time, I will name the importer though, given that, as much frustration you endured, we endured it equally, and then some, because we had to protect them at the same time. GT Motoring, the importer, had provided us with a time frame for the J's S2000 products ordered, which we relayed to you. Given that 99% of J's Racing products are special order, we require our customers to pay 100% of the monies up front, because we are required to do the same. After the 3-4 months ETA which was quoted to us failed to come true, pressure was put on us by both you and your roommate, in which we put equal pressure on GT Motoring. We were advised of several new/different lead times, which we gave them the benefit of the doubt and which we also relayed to you, and, finally, in August/September (4 months after the latest point of the original ETA) we put legal pressure on GT Motoring to refund us, so that we could refund you. Greg, at GT Motoring stated that a check was sent out, and 2 weeks later, no check arrived, so we called again, with more legal talk. The next day we received the check and deposited it.

The contention that's been stated that we should have paid you before we were paid, as a consumer, I can agree with. You did pay us, and not the dealer, and therefore we should have paid you prior to our being refunded. That would have been the course of action had this been anything except a special, made-to-order product and is something that we do all the time. The problem is, that our relationship with GT Motoring was new, and we didn't know if they were able to cancel the order with J's Racing Japan or not, or if they had even placed the order in the first place! When I look back on it now, given the ridiculous time frame in which we were "able" to cancel the order, it's my opinion that they never even placed the order. So, we got thrown under the bus, lied to, and then lied to again about the check being sent out.

The final dousing of kerosene on this inferno was the fact that, once the check cleared from GT Motoring, we didn't send out the funds to you. We've been building up for this huge move to the new facility, involved with charity work, and a charity car show, and between all of the logistics we simply spaced it. There's never been any malice in your order, not even now. In our 10 years of business, we've never stolen money from one single customer, and we never will. You will have a money order for the complete amount of your invoice on Wednesday. Again, nobody in the history of doing business with Intense has ever been ripped off, never. The circumstances of the special order nature of your order, in addition to being lied to for many months by GT Motoring, and finally having been caught up in the logistical quagmire of moving, severely delayed getting your check to you. For all of this you have our apologies (for what it's worth).

Darren
Old 12-07-2009, 08:20 PM
CUL8ER

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I appreciate you coming out and being honest with me Darren.
I really didn't want to bring it to the forum.

I am looking forward to that MO on Wednesday.

Jay
Old 12-07-2009, 08:38 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Jay,

Thank you. I know that, in all of the frustration surrounding this order, it may have appeared that we were being dishonest, but in fact, we always ONLY relay what the importer relays to us. GT Motoring, it seemed, had a good reputation on the boards, and that's why we had full faith in their lead times (even when the consistently failed). It's always a gamble dealing with a new distributor, especially for lines that have no U.S. office. But again, they didn't have any negative press that we could see, and we generally have a good business sense (10 years is like 5 lives in this industry!) about these things. So, yeah, we kept giving them the benefit of the doubt and we never once revealed them being our source -- this is business taboo and we feel that our reputation is still strong that it's evident we aim to please on both the retail and business to business side. Pete and I discussed several times going to the boards and calling them out regarding your order because after 5-6 months we knew something was rotten in Denmark (or whatever the cliche is..). Since this issue is now public knowledge, and GT Motoring never once came to our aid, I harbor no qualms about exposing them.

I don't blame you for creating this thread, not at all, and being a consumer myself can/could see this issue through your eyes too. Thanks for being a class act and having the patience to abstain from going public this long -- that shows a lot of character on your end.

Darren
Old 12-08-2009, 02:36 AM
screener
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

removed

Last edited by screener; 12-08-2009 at 02:42 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:04 AM
duro78

Thats all good and everything but intenses issues with their vendors should never carry over to the experience of the customer. All the vendor drama and moving are in house issues that should have nothing to do with the buying experience or customer service
Old 12-08-2009, 03:17 AM
*Boose*

Is there anyway for people to buy from local vendors on this board? I mean there are plenty of great vendors here located all across the US. Why not purchase something to that degree in a more local area? Not to **** on Intense's parade but this is not the first rodeo I've seen with them ****ing **** up. Buy from a more local trust worthy vendor so they cannot hang up on you, instead they'd have to punch you in the face to make you shut up.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:28 AM
Brrcats

Originally Posted by duro78
Thats all good and everything but intenses issues with their vendors should never carry over to the experience of the customer. All the vendor drama and moving are in house issues that should have nothing to do with the buying experience or customer service
+100
Old 12-08-2009, 05:49 AM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Not only a refund being issued but also an extra added bonus should of been given out too!....whether it be added cash, additional discount coupons or a gift certificate from Intense...the fact is Intense "dropped the ball" on "customer satisfaction".
Old 12-08-2009, 07:35 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Please keep this situation within the confines of this thread, email, phone or PM only...

VO
Old 12-08-2009, 08:49 AM
leykias

Originally Posted by duro78
Yeah I agree 100%

I don't understand why intense brings the issue of moving. That has absolutely nothing to do with the customer's situation. I don't care how busy the company is with moving, that's a lame excuse. It was decent of Intense to come forth and explain himself. Special order or not, it was bad customer service to make the op wait for his money.

At least he didn't get robbed...
Old 12-08-2009, 10:24 AM
TheFarmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see things are getting resolved
Old 12-08-2009, 10:45 AM
sno

Originally Posted by Entaille
wow, shady if true / details not left out.

news flash to folks who run a business, if you pay a third party and they don't deliver it is YOU who should be out money to refund the customer, awaiting funds from the third party.

what a dumb way to lose a customer and other potential business.

I can't believe the OP waited a year before posting this thread. More surprising is that the OP was told by the vendor to leave them alone because he's wasting their time and money. It's comical to me to see the vendor come on here and try to save face. Glad the OP got a refund but IMO, he's owed much more.

Last edited by sno; 12-08-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:59 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A customer should not be on the hook if the business is shafted by a supplier.

It's not the customer's fault.

He should have been refunded immediately. How much money was given to you by another vendor is not his problem.

What's awesome is that he was told that intense would be out x dollars if he was refunded, yet intense can do "charity work".

How about scaling the charity work back and paying the dude.

I understand it's being taken care of now, but really. He should have been reimbursed months ago.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:13 AM
mestisoZ

Dont know how much they have gotton better / grown since a couple years ago.. But i bought a intense power exhaust from them one time. even talked with them on the phone before ordering it. they " " We make our own exhaust and mandril bend all our pipes and weld". the exhaust came in. Turns out i payed over $300 bucks for a XO2 ebay exhaust that was listed on ebay for no more than $175 shipped.. after argueing ont he phone with them for many many hours. they shipped me a new exhaust BUT.. still made me pay for shipping on both (return and new).. Not the way you treat customers if you ask me. and the funny thing is after We had this debate. They siddenly took off all the pics of the so called "intense power factory mandril bend exhaust" they they clame to make. and replaced the pics with just and intense power banner.. so ide say careful ordering anything from them that they "claim" to make. more then likely its just ebay.

Last edited by mestisoZ; 12-08-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:24 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hellos,

Regarding the delay issues with any orders, please PM me or IntenseSales (Pete). Neither of us have received any communications regarding orders being delayed so, in light of the logistical issues surrounding our move and the charity car show this weekend, please give us the benefit of the doubt (as well as our 10 year old tenure in this industry and 5 year sponsorship of this forum) and PM us. Much of our normal stocking orders (specifically Stance) that comes to us monthly in large pallets had to be delayed due to not having the capacity to receive truck loads of product while simultaneously moving truck loads of inventory, projects, and project parts.

In response to the rest of the replies since my last reply, I covered all of those issues in my 2 responses. Rehashing them, isn't conducive to anything positive, and the OP (if you will read again) has responded by thanking us for our response and action. To the person who "thinks it's comical that we save face", imagine for a moment what comments would have been made if we didn't reply at all.... Posting in a thread like this shows that we care, and we do care, since 1999..

Thanks again, Jay, and anyone who has experienced delays in shipping, or had communication issues with us in the last few weeks during our move.

Darren
Old 12-08-2009, 12:39 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Issue ressolved between OP and vendor. Closing thread. OP, please PM me if your issue is not ressolved, as agreed upon, and you need this thread re-opened...

VO