Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Intense Power... are they scammers??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:08 AM
MUZZY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for Z1, the only people I trust for Z parts period, and unlike other vendors that are basically middle men and never touch the merchandise, these ppl have parts in stock. so when you order it it shipes out that day and you do not need to wait weeks to get it from the factory.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:16 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I only deal with Kyle@IPP. Best vendor IMHO.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:18 AM
mkivttdterror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I concur. Talked to a guy in sales over at Z1 for about an hour over the phone and didn't even place an order. The guy knew I wasn't going to buy anything because they couldn't price match, but, knowing what I know now, I would have gladly payed the additional money to have exceptional customer service. It's where I'll be doing my business from now on.

Props to those guys.

Last edited by mkivttdterror; 05-19-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:21 AM
mkivttdterror

Originally Posted by midz350
I only deal with Kyle@IPP. Best vendor IMHO.
Who's IPP?
Old 05-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by mkivttdterror
Who's IPP?
Ditto on IPP. They ship super fast! Would order with them again quickly!
Old 05-19-2011, 07:08 PM
midz350

Originally Posted by mkivttdterror
Who's IPP?

http://www.importpartspro.com/

Old 05-19-2011, 11:28 PM
andrew's 350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike at CZP is great. I have bought a kentixs upper plenum and it came in about a week if not less. Great customer service, so good that I actually just orders test pipes on Tuesday, said they will be here Friday. Z1 is ok IMO I ordered a black Z tube from them and were the vacuume line, the weld was horrible and it stuck up on the inside. Product was poorly made but the service was good.... Just my .02
Old 05-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I've ordered 90% of my parts from Adam @ Z1auto but the rest through Vivid(Geo), CZP(COZ),Strafe(Lawrence) and the Market Place here. I had it out with Intense a while back about never responding to my request in regards to a Baller Bolts question. They by far have the worst customer service of any vendor here. I'd NEVER buy anything from them... period. They're very quick to contact the Mods about anyone who "attacks(simply pointing out the obvious)" them and send you PM's. They should worry more about proving their rep by doing the things they are supposed to do... Sell parts.

Last edited by Flo-ridaZ33; 05-20-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:04 AM
midz350

Also, in before Darren and IP fanboys start to attack the OP for not being patient enough.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:29 AM
zach711f

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

So far from my deployment i have ordered most all my parts from intense power. They hooked me up every time best pricing i could find anywhere on the internet..i bought my quaife lsd from them and it shipped that day with tracking numbers...however..my complete turbo powerlab kit has not come nor do i have a tracking number. I ordered it a few months ago...They said its because one of my pipes are being polished?? I dunno w.e im deployed so i dont need the parts for 2 more months at least but if i get ho,e and their still not there im gunna drive over there. But pete gave me awsome prices like i said. Once i ge all my ****. Il be doing continued business. And. Y the way they always answer the phone. I call all the time
Old 05-20-2011, 05:28 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by zach711f
So far from my deployment i have ordered most all my parts from intense power. They hooked me up every time best pricing i could find anywhere on the internet..i bought my quaife lsd from them and it shipped that day with tracking numbers...however..my complete turbo powerlab kit has not come nor do i have a tracking number. I ordered it a few months ago...They said its because one of my pipes are being polished?? I dunno w.e im deployed so i dont need the parts for 2 more months at least but if i get ho,e and their still not there im gunna drive over there. But pete gave me awsome prices like i said. Once i ge all my ****. Il be doing continued business. And. Y the way they always answer the phone. I call all the time
Hmmm... there's a reason this thread was started, not b/c they come through all the time. A lot of guys here bought Power Lab kits only not to get them b/c they couldn't wait any longer, that was what happen with the dude who bought my Greddy Tuner. Consider yourself lucky then... even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:51 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the best part is that the OP is a legend in the Supra world

the guy has a whole turbo setup named after him, and IP was still jerking him around, albiet this thread was brought back from the grave

http://www.spracingonline.com/store/...C__Turbo_/3272

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...ko-Turbo-Setup...
Old 05-20-2011, 12:25 PM
BrandonHeat

Def my first and only order from them. Ordered Stance coilovers 3/20/2011... still no tracking number or any email from their "order" department I've emailed many times. I'm a very patient person but now I'm getting pissed. I was told order would ship out this week or next week. This is the last chance.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:16 AM
zach711f

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmm

Last edited by zach711f; 05-24-2011 at 02:05 AM. Reason: .
Old 06-01-2011, 09:47 AM
mkivttdterror

It's been two weeks, and still no parts. (Mind you, it was already in stock at one of their US distributors...) Now, they're saying that it was the wrong part that they sent out, and that they've already sent out the right part. So that's at least another week. FedEx attempted to deliver what was apparently the wrong part yesterday, but I wasn't here to sign for it. Oh and, still no tracking number(s) either.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:40 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts
Default let me offer the other side of the coin..its only fair.

DISCLAIMER:
READ THIS BEFORE YOU REPLY:I dont work at IMR, im a customer, and these guys are now my friends. So I absolutely have thier back.
Im not arguing, or saying anyone is wrong, im just offering some info to think about.

its one owner who is only there sometimes ( as i would be if i was the owner) and 2 sales people handling a ridiculous volume of business.....and a few guys in the garage working on the cars..... . Im there a few times a week and the phone literally NEVER< NEVER< NEVER stops ringing. Its insane.. i honestly dont know how they do it.... lets think tho.... what does everyone else here do for a living? Do you get bathroom breaks? is someone standing over your desk literally all day every day? Its got to be 100 times worse than working at Taco Bell drive thru.. becuase IMR's "lunch rush" is ALLL DAY LONG< EVERY DAY. Im there when they are closed on the weekends working on the car, phones still never stop ringing. They did move shops, they actaully HAVE a big shop unlike many vendors or online sellers that just have a 400 sq ft suite somewhere in Riverside or in ElMonte Ca and drop ship everything.
Maybe someone has medical issues and is out sometimes... are we giving them permission to do so? I would hope so. Im just giving you all facts.. and yes, i started as a customer and i consider them now straight up FRIENDS. I have more facts, and i have just as much or maybe even more experience w the shop than many people on here, so i hope MY positive experiences w them help balance out for anyone who happenes across this thread.

Darren also doesnt work there anymore.

SO heres the deal....Im sure they could hire a new third or hell, even fourth person to handle the calls, the business appears to be there, hell, maybe the business could grow! but then guess what... your prices will HAVE to go up. Thats life, thats reality, thats how it works, end of story. And something tells me we'd all jump ship and stop calling them if they priced ther stuff closer to MSRP like, say Z1. Say you wont, but you sure will. Everyone wants it cheap, wants it now, and wants to be the number one priority... go to Nordstroms then.. cmon gang. Lets take a look at facts:
We are buying special order non dometsic market parts at great discounts under MSRP.
If your customer service sucked, then it sucked, i cant attest to that.. i dont work there. I also wont argue w you about it... your experience is yours, and im not saying anything negative about that.. please understand. ---- see the smiles???

But keep in mind everytime some 17 year old kid calls a vendor like IMR just day dreaming about parts and not actually buying ( which the aforementioned Z1 reports is literally SO bad that they actually have a $100 dollar an hour charge for thier assistance on designeing your car when you are just going to buy your parts elsewhere or not at all anyways), that 15 people were stuck on hold in that time. Some hung up.. some started scammer threads because of it, etc etc...

They are a reseller doing multiple multiplesmall batch orders, and the logistics of that equals= 2 guys busting thier tails daily to track a bazillion orders FROM customers... orders FROM vendors.. shipping FROM vendors, and shipping to CUSTOMERS.
There are bound to be multiple instances of glitches, and the custom nature of our hobby will never go away, sorry.. unless there becomes far more margin and profit in it, it will always be a " by the skin of our teeth" buying experience.

No one writes a thread talking about how bad@ss any vendor is btw... only when they are mad.

I dealt w a company that sold me crap before.. i wrote a thread, i kept it completely factual too.. they rewarded my reasonable attitude w a full refund of a body kit price and didnt even make me send it back.. just sayin.

If youre aggressive w people, youre gonna be the one they arent looking fwd to calling back.. they will because its bsuiness, but if you showed up to work every day and knew there was this one dude thats going to ruin your day when you call him about his part backorder.. would you rush to do it? Its a job guys.. they arent the president of America. And i say they do it very well. There will always be bad experiences and opinions.

My 2 cents... more like my 10 cents... be patient, keep track of your contact ( phone sucks becuase theres no papertrail, and if theyr busy, youre getting passed over and they wont even know), and realize youre dealing w EXTREMELY custom parts at great discounts, and only half of this stuff is even in your country.

case in point, Baller bolts: they offered to re-sell these items from a vendor, Ryan. Its not IMR.. just like Cusco, C West etc.. they are selling someone elses products.
Well, Ryan had life changes and blew out. It left Intense holding the bag... its business, the way it goes. Sorry but if you think this doesnt happen, it does. How would you feel if you lent them 25 million dollars in commercial credit lines and they claimed BK? Happens w companies daily. So this is smaaaaall potatoes in the business world.

Your ALLL totally right to be angry, im not telling ANY of you youre wrong... and i dont need nasty replies.. if you actually READ this reply, youll see i'm only OFFERING inside details that should make a great deal of sense to everyone and hopefully ease your suffering a bit.

Send the guy PMs.. if you dont get a reply, send another one... i will absolutley stake my own name that both JJ And Pete want to reach everyone and answer all questions, and make every sale...in fact, heres an offer.. PM ME. If you seriously cant get ahold of them, then PM or get ahold of me, ( again, its just me as some guy, im not responsible for IMRs business now) Ill try to go down there and ask them about your stuff, cool? There, problem solved haha.

they are not scammers, they are not @sses, they are simply swamped everyday, all day. Ive sat there and heard people talk thier ear off and they still always act nice and say "yes sir, yes, thank you, no problem...thank you for calling etc etc".
I will also give props to Coz at CZP as well, great guy, a local family friend, and great business.

I spend about a thousand to 1500 dollars a month on my car, which equates to about 15k plus a year.. and i have done so for about two years now.. and i spend it ALL at IMR.

Last edited by bmccann101; 06-01-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:05 AM
gidiup

I read your long response regarding your friends. I believe you make a couple of excellent points. I think you forgot a couple of points that maybe need to be mentioned or talked about.

1. If you have that much business... Time to grow the business. Re-invest in the business and hire more people.
2. Very important. If you can't fill the orders... Don't take the orders. People are waiting on the other end. The world doesn't revolve around the vendor having a bad day or people ruining it.
3. Super important....Call customers back. Upsets people...Big time.
4. I've learned this one many times....Sometimes its worth to pay the couple extra bucks for better service.

I hope the people on this thread get their products. I hate seeing buyers get the shaft from people who don't know how to run a proper business. Its a shame.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:57 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

i agree.. good points as well.

Maybe the ppl on the thread can re post if they have received thier items to date? That always helps.. anyways, sorry for the length, i type extremely fast and just type as i go along in my thought process.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:18 PM
mkivttdterror

Originally Posted by bmccann101
DISCLAIMER:
READ THIS BEFORE YOU REPLY:I dont work at IMR, im a customer, and these guys are now my friends. So I absolutely have thier back.
Im not arguing, or saying anyone is wrong, im just offering some info to think about.

its one owner who is only there sometimes ( as i would be if i was the owner) and 2 sales people handling a ridiculous volume of business.....and a few guys in the garage working on the cars..... . Im there a few times a week and the phone literally NEVER< NEVER< NEVER stops ringing. Its insane.. i honestly dont know how they do it.... lets think tho.... what does everyone else here do for a living? Do you get bathroom breaks? is someone standing over your desk literally all day every day? Its got to be 100 times worse than working at Taco Bell drive thru.. becuase IMR's "lunch rush" is ALLL DAY LONG< EVERY DAY. Im there when they are closed on the weekends working on the car, phones still never stop ringing. They did move shops, they actaully HAVE a big shop unlike many vendors or online sellers that just have a 400 sq ft suite somewhere in Riverside or in ElMonte Ca and drop ship everything.
Maybe someone has medical issues and is out sometimes... are we giving them permission to do so? I would hope so. Im just giving you all facts.. and yes, i started as a customer and i consider them now straight up FRIENDS. I have more facts, and i have just as much or maybe even more experience w the shop than many people on here, so i hope MY positive experiences w them help balance out for anyone who happenes across this thread.

Darren also doesnt work there anymore.

SO heres the deal....Im sure they could hire a new third or hell, even fourth person to handle the calls, the business appears to be there, hell, maybe the business could grow! but then guess what... your prices will HAVE to go up. Thats life, thats reality, thats how it works, end of story. And something tells me we'd all jump ship and stop calling them if they priced ther stuff closer to MSRP like, say Z1. Say you wont, but you sure will. Everyone wants it cheap, wants it now, and wants to be the number one priority... go to Nordstroms then.. cmon gang. Lets take a look at facts:
We are buying special order non dometsic market parts at great discounts under MSRP.
If your customer service sucked, then it sucked, i cant attest to that.. i dont work there. I also wont argue w you about it... your experience is yours, and im not saying anything negative about that.. please understand. ---- see the smiles???

But keep in mind everytime some 17 year old kid calls a vendor like IMR just day dreaming about parts and not actually buying ( which the aforementioned Z1 reports is literally SO bad that they actually have a $100 dollar an hour charge for thier assistance on designeing your car when you are just going to buy your parts elsewhere or not at all anyways), that 15 people were stuck on hold in that time. Some hung up.. some started scammer threads because of it, etc etc...

They are a reseller doing multiple multiplesmall batch orders, and the logistics of that equals= 2 guys busting thier tails daily to track a bazillion orders FROM customers... orders FROM vendors.. shipping FROM vendors, and shipping to CUSTOMERS.
There are bound to be multiple instances of glitches, and the custom nature of our hobby will never go away, sorry.. unless there becomes far more margin and profit in it, it will always be a " by the skin of our teeth" buying experience.

No one writes a thread talking about how bad@ss any vendor is btw... only when they are mad.

I dealt w a company that sold me crap before.. i wrote a thread, i kept it completely factual too.. they rewarded my reasonable attitude w a full refund of a body kit price and didnt even make me send it back.. just sayin.

If youre aggressive w people, youre gonna be the one they arent looking fwd to calling back.. they will because its bsuiness, but if you showed up to work every day and knew there was this one dude thats going to ruin your day when you call him about his part backorder.. would you rush to do it? Its a job guys.. they arent the president of America. And i say they do it very well. There will always be bad experiences and opinions.

My 2 cents... more like my 10 cents... be patient, keep track of your contact ( phone sucks becuase theres no papertrail, and if theyr busy, youre getting passed over and they wont even know), and realize youre dealing w EXTREMELY custom parts at great discounts, and only half of this stuff is even in your country.

case in point, Baller bolts: they offered to re-sell these items from a vendor, Ryan. Its not IMR.. just like Cusco, C West etc.. they are selling someone elses products.
Well, Ryan had life changes and blew out. It left Intense holding the bag... its business, the way it goes. Sorry but if you think this doesnt happen, it does. How would you feel if you lent them 25 million dollars in commercial credit lines and they claimed BK? Happens w companies daily. So this is smaaaaall potatoes in the business world.

Your ALLL totally right to be angry, im not telling ANY of you youre wrong... and i dont need nasty replies.. if you actually READ this reply, youll see i'm only OFFERING inside details that should make a great deal of sense to everyone and hopefully ease your suffering a bit.

Send the guy PMs.. if you dont get a reply, send another one... i will absolutley stake my own name that both JJ And Pete want to reach everyone and answer all questions, and make every sale...in fact, heres an offer.. PM ME. If you seriously cant get ahold of them, then PM or get ahold of me, ( again, its just me as some guy, im not responsible for IMRs business now) Ill try to go down there and ask them about your stuff, cool? There, problem solved haha.

they are not scammers, they are not @sses, they are simply swamped everyday, all day. Ive sat there and heard people talk thier ear off and they still always act nice and say "yes sir, yes, thank you, no problem...thank you for calling etc etc".
I will also give props to Coz at CZP as well, great guy, a local family friend, and great business.

I spend about a thousand to 1500 dollars a month on my car, which equates to about 15k plus a year.. and i have done so for about two years now.. and i spend it ALL at IMR.

SOMEONE is sucking their 'friends' *** so they can get awesome deals on parts.

Originally Posted by gidiup
I read your long response regarding your friends. I believe you make a couple of excellent points. I think you forgot a couple of points that maybe need to be mentioned or talked about.

1. If you have that much business... Time to grow the business. Re-invest in the business and hire more people.
2. Very important. If you can't fill the orders... Don't take the orders. People are waiting on the other end. The world doesn't revolve around the vendor having a bad day or people ruining it.
3. Super important....Call customers back. Upsets people...Big time.
4. I've learned this one many times....Sometimes its worth to pay the couple extra bucks for better service.

I hope the people on this thread get their products. I hate seeing buyers get the shaft from people who don't know how to run a proper business. Its a shame.

You sir, are 100% right. You hit the nail on the head.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:32 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Default wow.. lovely.

SOMEONE is sucking their 'friends' *** so they can get awesome deals on parts.
lovely.. well if we wana get nasty about it... i dont seem to have the same parts issues as you are, so may wana rethink that then... how its working out for you n all.

Aside from that needless quips..

I already get ridiculously smokin deals on parts.. im not here to make a name for myself.
Im glad to have made friends w them over the past few years... of course. ... so back to the point, i just happened to see a thread pop up today called " Intense Power... are they scammers?? ".. and i am simply highly compelled to reply:

NO, they are not.

I hope everyone gets thier parts and thier explanation. Im willing to bet you all will.
I agree getting a call will help ease things for you all... I emailed Pete the thread link.. when theres a moment ( see my long reply above) I'm sure he'll PM you guys.

Last edited by bmccann101; 06-01-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Intense Power... are they scammers??