Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Intense Power... are they scammers??

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 12:49 PM
mkivttdterror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmccann101
SOMEONE is sucking their 'friends' *** so they can get awesome deals on parts.
lovely.. well if we wana get nasty about it... i dont seem to have the same parts issues as you are, so may wana rethink that then... how its working out for you n all.

Aside from that needless quips..

Im glad to have made friends w them over the past few years... yep.
I already get ridiculously smokin deals on parts.. im not here to make a name for myself... i just happened to see a thread pop up today called " Intense Power... are they scammers?? ".. and i am simply highly compelled to reply:

NO, they are not.

I hope everyone gets thier parts and thier explanation. Im willing to bet you all will.
I agree getting a call will help ease things for you all... I emailed Pete the thread link.. when theres a moment ( see my long reply above) I'm sure he'll PM you guys.

I wasn't trying to be nasty about it dude. But you really have no idea what's going on with me and my personal experiences with the company. (And I think I speak for everyone in saying this...) So who are you to jump into this thread and come to their defense so swiftly.

As a matter of fact, unless they make it right, I WILL certainly be coming back in this very same thread and chime in once again. Only this time I'll tell the full story. I purposely left certain details out in an effort to protect myself and to make sure that I do get my parts and that this doesn't interfere with the process. You can never be too careful.

And these kind of people aren't really contributing anything to the community/scene, or whatever you choose to call this. This scene is full of scammers, shady, fly-by-night businesses with bad business practices and fake parts. If it takes hiring more people to make your customers happy, then do just that if everything is so overwhelming. This company is making tons of money, so it's not like having some more overhead is going to affect them all that much. And to it's employers that aren't making all the money and are tired of all the hassle... if you hate your job that much, f****** quit! Businesses like this tend to fizzle out in the long run anyway.

I have been in this for over a decade now, but it's instances like this that really makes me want to get out of imports all together.

Last edited by mkivttdterror; 06-01-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:05 PM
gidiup

Originally Posted by mkivttdterror
I wasn't trying to be nasty about it dude. But you really have no idea what's going on with me and my personal experiences with the company. (And I think I speak for everyone in saying this...) So who are you to jump into this thread and come to their defense so swiftly.

As a matter of fact, unless they make it right, I WILL certainly be coming back in this very same thread and chime in once again. Only this time I'll tell the full story. I purposely left certain details out in an effort to protect myself and to make sure that I do get my parts and that this doesn't interfere with the process. You can never be too careful.

And these kind of people aren't really contributing anything to the community/scene, or whatever you choose to call this. This scene is full of scammers, shady, fly-by-night businesses with bad business practices and fake parts. If it takes hiring more people to make your customers happy, then do just that if everything is so overwhelming. This company is making tons of money, so it's not like having some more overhead is going to affect them all that much. And to it's employers that aren't making all the money and are tired of all the hassle... if you hate your job that much, f****** quit! Businesses like this tend to fizzle out in the long run anyway.

I have been in this for over a decade now, but it's instances like this that really makes me want to get out of imports all together.
Amen... Brother I have been buying parts for 15 years. Sometimes I believe its gotten worse. I would rather just have the guy tell me he going to straight up ***** me and be done with it. The whole running around thing is the upsetting part.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:14 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts
Default lets simmer this back down please.

my first post was littered w disclaimers and smileys and explanations that im just sharing some food for thought.. my post is also not just a direct reply to the last post before it.. it is a reply to ALL posts.. including on other pages previously, as i read the whole thread before posting.

you had decided to post that "im on my knees" for them... maybe time to start filtering or proof reading before hitting post reply....that IS being nasty about it. SO i bit back.. wouldnt you? i betcha you would. There ya go, we have that in common, see? Cmon.
Lets move past this please.. it bears no point to continue talking about it between seemingly grown men and strangers at that when there is no argument.

You are correct, i know NOTHING of your situation w them. But youre worried youre not getting your parts arent you? And you posted on a public forum didnt you?
Well i did too.
Who am i to come in so quick to thier defense?
Someone who knows them and has had nothing but great experiences. And also someone who has just as much "right" as anyone to post on this forum, let alone this thread, please keep that in mind as you continue to reply.
I get that youre all frustrated, ive been there.

I also didnt say a word about anyone at intense not enjoying thier jobs.. they surely dotn do it to become rich.. they are all car fans. But you all spent time posting " why dont they answer my calls?!?!".. well, i gave you all an answer. Done. Next..
Also, i do not represent them, im not affiliated etc etc... im someone LOCAL who actually goes to the d#mn place who is politely giving you all an inside scoop so you dont have to shake in your boots that your cash is magically vanished into the night.

READ MY LIPS PEOPLE: im not saying you have no right to be upset...i continue to be very clear w that. Im just letting members of my350z.com know they are not going to get robbed by these guys, period.

Operative terms here are: send PMs.. make phone calls at 9:30am MST which is just shortly after they open ( it rings three times then JJ picks up EVERY TIME. ), and cut em some slack becuase theyre good guys.

If your items are held up, they will tell you. They may have to call you back to get the info for you as they dont read minds, but again, the thread itself is quite old, so my point is that if you have posted that you have not recvd your items and HAVE now received your items, its only fair that person would post that fact in this thread.

Hell yes i have thier back , and yes i take it personal when people bang em around. Call in the morning, i bet you will get your answers..

UNSUBD..... sheesh.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:17 PM
mkivttdterror

@ gidiup: You ain't lying, bro. Good customer service is gone, along with humanity.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:37 PM
mkivttdterror

Originally Posted by bmccann101
my first post was littered w disclaimers and smileys and explanations that im just sharing some food for thought.. my post is also not just a direct reply to the last post before it.. it is a reply to ALL posts.. including on other pages previously, as i read the whole thread before posting.

you had decided to post that "im on my knees" for them... maybe time to start filtering or proof reading before hitting post reply....that IS being nasty about it. SO i bit back.. wouldnt you? i betcha you would. There ya go, we have that in common, see? Cmon.
Lets move past this please.. it bears no point to continue talking about it between seemingly grown men and strangers at that when there is no argument.

You are correct, i know NOTHING of your situation w them. But youre worried youre not getting your parts arent you? And you posted on a public forum didnt you?
Well i did too.
Who am i to come in so quick to thier defense?
Someone who knows them and has had nothing but great experiences. And also someone who has just as much "right" as anyone to post on this forum, let alone this thread, please keep that in mind as you continue to reply.
I get that youre all frustrated, ive been there.

I also didnt say a word about anyone at intense not enjoying thier jobs.. they surely dotn do it to become rich.. they are all car fans. But you all spent time posting " why dont they answer my calls?!?!".. well, i gave you all an answer. Done. Next..
Also, i do not represent them, im not affiliated etc etc... im someone LOCAL who actually goes to the d#mn place who is politely giving you all an inside scoop so you dont have to shake in your boots that your cash is magically vanished into the night.

READ MY LIPS PEOPLE: im not saying you have no right to be upset...i continue to be very clear w that. Im just letting members of my350z.com know they are not going to get robbed by these guys, period.

Operative terms here are: send PMs.. make phone calls at 9:30am MST which is just shortly after they open ( it rings three times then JJ picks up EVERY TIME. ), and cut em some slack becuase theyre good guys.

If your items are held up, they will tell you. They may have to call you back to get the info for you as they dont read minds, but again, the thread itself is quite old, so my point is that if you have posted that you have not recvd your items and HAVE now received your items, its only fair that person would post that fact in this thread.

Hell yes i have thier back , and yes i take it personal when people bang em around. Call in the morning, i bet you will get your answers..

UNSUBD..... sheesh.

Yes, you do have just as much of a right to post in here as everyone else. Whether it be positive or negative. And you did have some valid points, such as, people not praising companies when they receive outstanding customer service, but are quick in bashing a company for no real reason. I agree whole-heartedly. I don't know what you're intentions are for coming in here, they could be for all the right reasons, or you could simply be here to get future hook-ups from IP as I stated earlier. Either way I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I just wanted people reading this to question your true motives in coming to their defense and to make their own conscious decision on whether or not they wish to to business with said company.

And no, I'm not really that worried about NOT receiving my parts, I'm sure they'll come through. But that doesn't change the fact that people are having terrible experiences with them throughout the whole process. And you can bet your *** that I'm in contact with them. You need not worry about that.

Lastly, as I stated in the aforementioned post, I will be following up in this thread as to let everyone know what's up with these guys. I really have nothing more to say, except for thanks for trying to alleviate the customers' stress. And I too hope that everyone gets their parts. (In a timely matter!)

Last edited by mkivttdterror; 06-01-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:10 PM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

Though there are plenty of folks in here chiming in that have NEVER EVER purchased parts from us so they can't speak of "experience" I will chime in on this.

We have been in business over 11 years now. We don't survive this long by being scammers. We process 100's of orders every couple weeks and we do run a very tight crew here. Like it has already been stated, to hire more people requires more overhead which means prices will increase and in turn sales will decrease which means we can't afford the extra help that was hired to "make things run smoother".

It's not as cut and dry as one would like to make it sound. I am an honest person and bust my *** daily here to try to make sure things go smoothly. You don't see 100's of threads praising same day shipping and awesome service just the rare occasion of Manufacture dropping the ball, ie; Baller Bolts, D-Max USA/Japan, STANCE... yes STANCE... mostly STANCE JAPAN for the fact of never fulfilling all of Stance USA's containers and only partially shipping being thrown on us and getting hammered for it.

We catch so much flack for manufacture failures and is completely blamed on us. We do our best to keep customers updated along with sending tracking numbers by the 100's everyday and taking calls on these same orders 100's of times a day on info that was already sent. (Double the work when all it takes is checking the email sometimes for the tracking or being patient like our shipping tab states and allowing some time for us to enter the tracking numbers into the system, half the time its almost at its destination by the time the manufacture or distributor even sends us the numbers)

I make no excuses for things just giving actual facts. We are all honest hard working people here which is truly what ERKS me to even be questioned as a scammer and have people with agendas chiming in with non helpful posts and sometimes sh*t happens that is well beyond our control. Hate us vilify us for it whatever you may, the fact remains that we have contributed to this community over and over again, hold many world records and helped progress this platform at the same time.

We have 4 phone lines that ring all day long and do our best to get to everyone, we try to answer every email by end of day along with processing orders at the same time. We even come in on weekends to knock out projects and office work not completed through out the week to ensure better service. Unfortunately you cant please everyone.

Everyone that has ever ordered from us has been taken care of by either receiving their parts or other resolutions being made. No one ever left hanging by any means.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:58 PM
musubi

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gidiup
I read your long response regarding your friends. I believe you make a couple of excellent points. I think you forgot a couple of points that maybe need to be mentioned or talked about.

1. If you have that much business... Time to grow the business. Re-invest in the business and hire more people.
2. Very important. If you can't fill the orders... Don't take the orders. People are waiting on the other end. The world doesn't revolve around the vendor having a bad day or people ruining it.
3. Super important....Call customers back. Upsets people...Big time.
4. I've learned this one many times....Sometimes its worth to pay the couple extra bucks for better service.

I hope the people on this thread get their products. I hate seeing buyers get the shaft from people who don't know how to run a proper business. Its a shame.
I'd have to agree with the majority of this. And just to be clear, I'm in no way calling Intense Power scammers. I was recently looking for pricing on an exhaust (shipping cost and options to Hawaii) and stumbled across Intense Power. Emailed 5/23, no response. Called 5/25 informing me that they'd get back to me, no return call yet. It's been a week, and a bit more for the email, and so maybe I'm impatient? But typically vendors respond in 1-3 days. Beyond that I don't expect any response. Am I mad about this? No, I move on. I'm not going to chase after a company or vendor that I feel is not responsive.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:25 PM
vrbigdish

I have had nothing but good luck with Intense. I have ordered several sets of exhausts, coilovers, and much more even for different makes from them with a quick quote and responses. Very good pricing too match. Also a couple times I needed parts in a hurry and they shipped out asap and I got it next day and im in CT. Everyone has to relize that most vendors are CRAZZZY busy and remember half of the time they are quoting tons and tons of people that aren't even serious buyers. Definitly my Top vendors are Intense, Z1, IPP, CZP. None of these guys will take your money and usually if you do have any issues its due to the manufacturer.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Shizzmaster2k

Originally Posted by IntenseSales
Though there are plenty of folks in here chiming in that have NEVER EVER purchased parts from us so they can't speak of "experience" I will chime in on this.

We have been in business over 11 years now. We don't survive this long by being scammers. We process 100's of orders every couple weeks and we do run a very tight crew here. Like it has already been stated, to hire more people requires more overhead which means prices will increase and in turn sales will decrease which means we can't afford the extra help that was hired to "make things run smoother".

It's not as cut and dry as one would like to make it sound. I am an honest person and bust my *** daily here to try to make sure things go smoothly. You don't see 100's of threads praising same day shipping and awesome service just the rare occasion of Manufacture dropping the ball, ie; Baller Bolts, D-Max USA/Japan, STANCE... yes STANCE... mostly STANCE JAPAN for the fact of never fulfilling all of Stance USA's containers and only partially shipping being thrown on us and getting hammered for it.

We catch so much flack for manufacture failures and is completely blamed on us. We do our best to keep customers updated along with sending tracking numbers by the 100's everyday and taking calls on these same orders 100's of times a day on info that was already sent. (Double the work when all it takes is checking the email sometimes for the tracking or being patient like our shipping tab states and allowing some time for us to enter the tracking numbers into the system, half the time its almost at its destination by the time the manufacture or distributor even sends us the numbers)

I make no excuses for things just giving actual facts. We are all honest hard working people here which is truly what ERKS me to even be questioned as a scammer and have people with agendas chiming in with non helpful posts and sometimes sh*t happens that is well beyond our control. Hate us vilify us for it whatever you may, the fact remains that we have contributed to this community over and over again, hold many world records and helped progress this platform at the same time.

We have 4 phone lines that ring all day long and do our best to get to everyone, we try to answer every email by end of day along with processing orders at the same time. We even come in on weekends to knock out projects and office work not completed through out the week to ensure better service. Unfortunately you cant please everyone.

Everyone that has ever ordered from us has been taken care of by either receiving their parts or other resolutions being made. No one ever left hanging by any means.
I've bought two sets of Seibon carbon fiber fenders from you guys for my 03 350z. The first purchase was very smoothe, expedient and I got my product very quickly which was shocking so I was ecstatic and decided to make another purchase.

The second experience was not great at all. I received no tracking number, no update from Intensepower's customer service department after numerous email exchanges and when the rep I spoke to over the phone stated the item was shipped, I recieved no phone call from the delivery service and it took a little two months to get my item.

With that being said, I would still do business with you guys just for the amount of effort you guys put in to accomodate my needs and get me my item. Great customer service and great products but maybe you guys need to increase your manpower. Just a little food for thought.

Last edited by Shizzmaster2k; 06-01-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:04 AM
psychoballistic

I'd like to take a second to share my experiences with people as well. I have over the past two years been dealing with Intense ordering tons and tons of parts for my Z, my brothers Z, friends Z's, and everytime they have come through.

Pete is straight up IMO, when he knew he couldn't get something to me in the timeframe that I was discussing, he would tell me, and offer up comparable items that could fit into my timeframe. BUT, I always remembered to explain to him my timeframe as well. I did have to wait almost two months for a suspension, but this was communicated to me, they offered the best deal, and it did arrive. On other parts, if it was in the U.S, I had it in maybe a week or two tops. If your ordering specialty parts, you need to learn patience, there are other platforms where you order parts and you wait for it to be made, and that can be months sometimes.

If you haven't gotten what you ordered and never heard a thing, then I can understand the issue, but I do not think that i've read one solid post on here yet about someone not hearing a darn thing, receiving a part, or getting their money back. If this has happened, then that is news to me.

All I can say is that I have had nothing but a positive experience. I wish others the same luck that I have had with these guys, IMO they are one of the premier vendors on this forum along with several others. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and this is mine.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:18 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts
Default cool..

Originally Posted by psychoballistic

........If you haven't gotten what you ordered and never heard a thing, then I can understand the issue, but I do not think that i've read one solid post on here yet about someone not hearing a darn thing, receiving a part, or getting their money back. If this has happened, then that is news to me.

............ Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and this is mine.
thanks for posting guys.. good stuff.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:36 PM
415mm
Professional

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd like to ad my one experience with intense to this discussion since it to is a negative one and has yet to be resolved. And yea it is about some baller bolts I purchased and have yet to receive, check intense's thread on here it is no secret. Anyways they have ignored me for months i then complained to the better business bureau and finally got some responses from them they promised me a refund and or the bolts. And to this day I have received jack..... I have done a lit of purchasing and selling on this forum and to date the only time ive been burned or scammmed
Old 06-03-2011, 08:18 AM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

^^^ no one scammed you, you will receive your products. This is an instance of a Manufacture restructuring and delays happening. Having nothing to do with us on the delays but, after speaking to Ryan the owner of Baller Bolts yesterday, he said today and Monday they will be done burning all bolts and shipping them out. Fingers crossed of course.

We have nor will ever just not order something or not ship it out for no reason. We order same day as the customer and try to ship as well unless its special order products. Sometimes we are not notified by the manufacture that delays are going to occur until we contact them at a later date. We can not follow up on every order every day with every manufacture as time does not simply allow this but, we will and do follow up when emailed, pm'd or contacted via phone on these.

A quick PM or email goes a long way and is generally quicker than a phone call since we usually have all 4 lines ringing all day.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:12 AM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Smile

I’ve had nothing but great experiences with Intense, I actually just recently ordered a bunch of parts (Wiseco Pistons, Brian Crower Rods, ARP hardware, etc.) for my motor build and it was a smooth transaction as usual. Pete and everyone else at Intense have routinely gone out of their way to help me and every other customer I’ve known. I highly recommend them to everyone I talk to.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:39 AM
DriftPrettyJah

I have known a few of the people that work at intense personally from way back in the day, and I can tell you that these guys will work overtime if it means making you "the customer" happy. You guys have to remember that sometimes things get back ordered or parts are not shipped from other companies when they are promised which no one can help. These guys are all great people with good hearts and want to be the best out there...which means they work very hard to be that. As someone that works in the customer service field, I can tell you....no matter how hard you work sometimes, **** happens. Intense is by far a superior company for motorsports. After 11 years in the car world, I only work with Intense or WOTM.com and will continue to work with them as long as I can afford some extra car love.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:00 PM
415mm
Professional

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IntenseSales
^^^ no one scammed you, you will receive your products. This is an instance of a Manufacture restructuring and delays happening. Having nothing to do with us on the delays but, after speaking to Ryan the owner of Baller Bolts yesterday, he said today and Monday they will be done burning all bolts and shipping them out. Fingers crossed of course.

We have nor will ever just not order something or not ship it out for no reason. We order same day as the customer and try to ship as well unless its special order products. Sometimes we are not notified by the manufacture that delays are going to occur until we contact them at a later date. We can not follow up on every order every day with every manufacture as time does not simply allow this but, we will and do follow up when emailed, pm'd or contacted via phone on these.

A quick PM or email goes a long way and is generally quicker than a phone call since we usually have all 4 lines ringing all day.
^^Dude seriously make me a believer.... I Payed for those October 10, 2010. I emailed with no response i called and got promises to have someone call me back with nothing twice. there was no issues from you responding to the bbb's emails though. Prove me wrong make me happy and send me my bolts or my money. and pm sent if you do not want this aired we can handle this via private message.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

For as much as I don't like Intense which is well documented... I kinda understand what some of these vendors are going through. I'm still waiting for a MCR wing that I ordered back in Sept 2010 from Z1auto and their reputation proceeds them. The vendor's are getting hit b/c the suppliers aren't doing their jobs or they're just going under which is worse for everyone.

Darren... I worked OEM car parts for 8yrs and I had something I always lived by:

"take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves."

The little things are PM's here, answering questions when people post on the your Sale threads, and actually making people that don't live in the area feel like they're buying something from people that care about providing a good for the customer.

I will never say you guys are thieves but you guys are not the only vendors here and what separates vendors is their service... I've sent you several PM's over the years and I think I got a response for one back in 2009 when I bought the car so in my eyes your batting .100 and thats not good. I think you should look at this rant/s as a critique of Intense's customer service and not someone making false claims about how you run things. We've had it out via PM but I feel I'm being mature about this... step up your customer service.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:10 PM
boltup89

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL.... JUST SAW THIS THREAD AND GLAD AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE W/INTENSE. I MEAN SOME OF US UNDERSTAND THE BUSINESS AND UNDERSTND ITEMS ARE NOT IN STOCK. BUT INSUFFICIENT INFO TO CUSTOMERS MATTERS ALOT, I FEEL SOMETIMES THEY TELL THEIR CUSTOMERS ANY SOB OR BULL STORY TO GET THEM BY, ALL I CAN SAY IS WISH NO ONE WAITS MORE THAN 3 MONTHS WITH NO RESPONSE FOR THEIR PARTS!!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:57 PM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

pm'd
Old 06-07-2011, 09:09 PM
350zbehold

if you cant handle 100's of customers call , orders. then dont make your self handle that much but instead finish what you started. i click on these thread and i seen more negative then positive. we as 350z owners . we speak the truths , everyone work hard for there ****, no one wanted to get scam, and you guys seems to be at the border edge of being one. Sometime it look like you're just posted up here to defend the shop you're working at as much as possible but her customer experient>your .............

Quick Reply: Intense Power... are they scammers??