Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder if he was a member on here.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:26 PM
gryt57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I joined this forum since thinking about buying a 350z. I have enjoyed reading many of the threads in this forum,and most have been helpful, if not entertaining. This thread is different , the few here that have posted unconscionable remarks sickens me to no end. I need to find out how to put these people on ignore. This is my first post on this forum, but I felt this needs to be said. fwiw
Old 06-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Z_HighSpeed

Originally Posted by gryt57
I joined this forum since thinking about buying a 350z. I have enjoyed reading many of the threads in this forum,and most have been helpful, if not entertaining. This thread is different , the few here that have posted unconscionable remarks sickens me to no end. I need to find out how to put these people on ignore. This is my first post on this forum, but I felt this needs to be said. fwiw
just for *****, so you think it's a good idea for a 17 yr old to have a Z, let alone any "sports" inspired vehicle?
Old 06-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Romanteni

1. I feel bad for the tree,
2. Hope the passenger will alright
3. ***rded parents for buying a 17 year old a Z, I mean he's young and stupid, they're old and stupid.
Look at their last names, I always see these teens in that area driving these expensive cars that their "daddy" got them. Lazy *****.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

stupid *** kid. my first car was a 68 camaro and you didn't see me flying down residential areas like an idiot.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Romanteni

I agree with post below me on this one. Some people mention how sad that a life has been lost, and hope he goes to heaven or w/e. And some of us post how retarded it is of him to be driving that car in first place. No offense, but only people getting offended and defending 17 year olds on this forum, ARE 17. Look at the 17 year old thread plz.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

not really true. lots of sensitive bastards and sympathetic bleeding hearts out there. nothing wrong with feeling bad about what happened, someone lost their life after all, it will be a negative impact felt by many that knew him. I'm just not one of those people.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Z_HighSpeed

Originally Posted by Entaille
not really true. lots of sensitive bastards and sympathetic bleeding hearts out there. nothing wrong with feeling bad about what happened, someone lost their life after all, it will be a negative impact felt by many that knew him. I'm just not one of those people.
a negative impact which will be drowned heavily by regret from his parents.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Wow, I'm surprised at the amount of negative comments here. He was a kid who crashed. Obviously he was driving at excessive speeds, but the article said alcohol wasn't involved and there was no mention of racing. Sounds like a kid simply was cruising too fast and lost control. We've all been young and done stupid **** at some point in our young lives. I give my utmost remorse to the family as they go through this rough time.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by Novesh
just for *****, so you think it's a good idea for a 17 yr old to have a Z, let alone any "sports" inspired vehicle?
The car one drives is irrelevant. I remember when my youngest brother was still in high-school there were kids who rolled up in Z06 Vettes and entry level 911 Porsche's yet I never, at any point in my life, did I read about any kids crashing their cars nor injuring or killing themselves or anyone else and I was a frequent reader of the local paper. It has nothing to do with the car one drives. It's all about the mindset one has towards driving and whether or not they have respect for the power their car can produce.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:44 PM
UMW350Z

RIP to that kid. If the parents willingly gave him that car, the blood is on thier hands too. 99.999% of kids can't be trusted to be safe with this car.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Romanteni

Originally Posted by Entaille
+1 best to his family, if he has a younger brother, this will be HOPEFULLY a lesson learned for parents and his friends.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Romanteni

Originally Posted by Goin' Sidewayz!
The car one drives is irrelevant. I remember when my youngest brother was still in high-school there were kids who rolled up in Z06 Vettes and entry level 911 Porsche's yet I never, at any point in my life, did I read about any kids crashing their cars nor injuring or killing themselves or anyone else and I was a frequent reader of the local paper. It has nothing to do with the car one drives. It's all about the mindset one has towards driving and whether or not they have respect for the power their car can produce.
I almost entirely disagree. You're right its about the mindset, but whats the % of the 17 year olds with "safety" in their mindset when driving? I mean THINK about it, they've been driving for A YEAR. That already means NO experience. I mean any way you look at it, it doesn't matter if you're talking about "safe or not safe driver" they're 17, driving for a year doesn't make you safe driver,.

Now yes, most of us own Zs so we can step on it once in a while, but MOST of us aren't going 60 in a 35 residential are, because we got kids, and in back of our minds we know that sometimes those little bastards can run out from out of nowhere, and if we hit them- we'd hang ourselves later on. So yes, its about good mindset, experience, and responsibility, which 99.99% of 17 year olds got very little of. Not because they're retarded people, bad people, or we're better then them. No, because they're 17, thats what 17 year olds do- they don't think.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:52 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by pmab9918
Sad but better him than a innocent person he could have hit.
+1

My thoughts exactly. Sad but when you do stupid crap, it's bound to catch up to you. My condolences to the family.

Last edited by verdict.; 06-06-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:55 PM
1GR8350Z

Can I be first in line for your ***** ignore button?

Dumb a$$ kid was behaving completely reckless and suffered the consequences. I agree that we have all been stupid in some ways, but I assure you that I have never been through a residential area at near the speed it would take to cause that much damage. What if someone had been in that yard?

This idiot has not only destroyed his parents lives, but we don't know if the passenger mat screwed up for life also. The parents who wanted to be cool in their kids eye and didn't have the ***** to say no are just as much to blame. I hope the passenger lives and sues them for everything they have.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by Romanteni
I almost entirely disagree. You're right its about the mindset, but whats the % of the 17 year olds with "safety" in their mindset when driving? I mean THINK about it, they've been driving for A YEAR. That already means NO experience. I mean any way you look at it, it doesn't matter if you're talking about "safe or not safe driver" they're 17, driving for a year doesn't make you safe driver,.

Now yes, most of us own Zs so we can step on it once in a while, but MOST of us aren't going 60 in a 35 residential are, because we got kids, and in back of our minds we know that sometimes those little bastards can run out from out of nowhere, and if we hit them- we'd hang ourselves later on. So yes, its about good mindset, experience, and responsibility, which 99.99% of 17 year olds got very little of. Not because they're retarded people, bad people, or we're better then them. No, because they're 17, thats what 17 year olds do- they don't think.
I agree with you 100%. I think you misinterpreted my comment. Mindset towards driving is 110% when it comes to being safe. 17 year old kids, as you've said, the majority of the time don't have this mindset. ****, I remember when I was 16, my buddy and I one night at 2am took his dad's supercharged '72 Camaro out for a drive and spun that bad boy out big time. No damage, but it speaks to the irresponsibly that young kids have towards this kind of thing. My comment was simply in response to Novesh who implied that he doesn't think it's a good idea, regardless, for a 17 year old to have a sports "inspired" car. I honestly don't see anything wrong with teenagers having a Z. It's a 300hp car. When I was 17 I didn't have my own car and would drive my father's car which was putting out just under 300 horsepower at the wheel. Much faster than the 350Z, yet I never got in any wrecks or did anything stupid. When I debate whether or not it's appropriate for a kid to have a car, I look at the power the car makes, and not whether it's a sports car or sports "inspired" car.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:10 PM
zer0cool

What annoys me is the (***)umption that his parents bought the car for him and that he "deserved" what happened to him. We all make mistakes. No one deserves to die simply because they made a bad decision behind the wheel. And furthermore, he coulda been driving a 92 240sx and had the same thing happen to him. So then, would it still have been the parents fault? Some people on here are annoying with their comments. Sure he shouldn't have been speeding like that, but show some respect. You elders who have kids probably have no idea what your children are doing behind the wheel out there either. So when ur kid ends up dead, I hope someone stands there and tells u It was ur fault. (ends rant)
Old 06-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by zer0cool
No one deserves to die simply because they made a bad decision behind the wheel. And furthermore, he coulda been driving a 92 240sx and had the same thing happen to him. You elders who have kids probably have no idea what your children are doing behind the wheel out there either.
Truest statement/s I've ever read.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys are heartless. This is clearly a tragic and horrible loss that we should all commemorate. We shall henceforth remember this as the day that black Z died.

As for the kid? Meh.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:20 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Condolences to family and friends.

Quick Reply: 17-year-old male killed in fatal 350Z crash