350junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

huh?
Old 06-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Novesh
so its the states fault now?

No, it's our fault for not demanding that the state institute a more rigorous licensing program. We just accept that 15 year old children are piloting a 2 ton vehicle without a clue.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Z_HighSpeed

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
No, it's our fault for not demanding that the state institute a more rigorous licensing program. We just accept that 15 year old children are piloting a 2 ton vehicle without a clue.
Its not my fault, its probably not your fault either, or any one person's fault.

Driving is a privilege, and the state where I reside a learners permit is issued for 6 months before a teen can get a license for their parents or guardians to make sure they can drive effectively and safely, or else they can deny them the opportunity to take the drivers test, legally, until they are 18 years old.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:29 AM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by SilverFox006
Very sad to hear someone so young lose their life. I did my own fair share of stupid crap when I was his age, as did most others, so please hold back on the negative comments.
i did something stupid too but it was on a deserted road where i did one and 3 quarters or 2 donuts...

Sad that he lost his life ...
Old 06-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Flick Montana

Originally Posted by Novesh
Its not my fault, its probably not your fault either, or any one person's fault.

Driving is a privilege, and the state where I reside a learners permit is issued for 6 months before a teen can get a license for their parents or guardians to make sure they can drive effectively and safely, or else they can deny them the opportunity to take the drivers test, legally, until they are 18 years old.
Unfortunately, I don't like relying on parents when it comes to my safety. At least if it were state-regulated it wouldn't require Jane Every Mom/Best Friend to step up and act like a decent parent. Besides, from what I've seen, most parents aren't even qualified to determine what makes for good driving habits.

I'm not a parent, but I hope to crap that when I am I at least display SOME common sense about my kids...
Old 06-14-2010, 10:06 PM
edgui12

Originally Posted by SilverFox006
Very sad to hear someone so young lose their life. I did my own fair share of stupid crap when I was his age, as did most others, so please hold back on the negative comments.
x1000 idk how old you are, but it's nice to kno there are still mature members on these forums, I kno he was acting stupid by doing that, but I'm sure everyone on these forums has done something stupid at some point unless your name is Jesus Christ, he was too young for the car but regardless it could happen in any car but my point is that either way a life was lost which is still tragic no matter how stupidly reckless he was driving
Old 06-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Skv012a

Originally Posted by edgui12
...either way a life was lost which is still tragic no matter how stupidly reckless he was driving
I'm not tryin to sound like an insensitive bastard, but this is a sports car forum and IMO condolences belong next to unfortunate accidents rather than reckless asking for them. If a kid was at a track and car became uncontrollable, poor guy; if some drunk idiot hit his car, poor guy; if he hopped a neighborhood curb going 80+ and smashed into a tree, he was surely asking for it be it one day or another.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:36 AM

read through pretty much this whole thread and i have to admit half of you guys are idiots, for you to say he deserved to die is fd up and shows you care about no one, would you want your best friend to die even though he was driving "reckless" or are you still going to say he deserved it? yeah i know **** happens and he wasnt supposed to be doing what he was doing, all that shows is youve never had a friend who ended up in his situation. we all have done somehting that could've cost us our lives whether its racing on the track or the streets.

my dad taught me how to drive at 14, showed me what could happen in certain situations and how you should properly handle it. got my permit at 16 and after driving his titan for a year got my license and he trusted me with his old 300zx pushing 400hp, landed a really good paying job at 18 gave him his car back and picked up my 350z(and no he doesnt pay for my insurance anymore either 200 a month aint that bad). it really doesnt matter what car you drive every car can go 100+ easy its your self control that counts, some kids arent taught that these days and thats where the problem is, sry for the rant but i just dont think anyone has the right so say he deserved to die..

Last edited by 04350524; 06-15-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:08 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't really think most here think he deserved to die as much as they think it was his own fault. Most of us don't have much use for youngsters driving beyond their abilities and beyond any modicum of common sense. I don't care who the 17 year old is - there is almost no chance that he has much of any driving experience - 1 year in your dad's Titan doesn't count for squat. And yep, any car can go 100 but how much fun it pushing a 4 banger Focus 100 MPH? What would be the point. No, instead, it is "check out the pickup in this 350Z - it's awesome!" that gets kids killed. Your dad's trust in you might be admirable, but I'm a parent of two teen girls, and I consider that kind of trust to be foolish. Just IMHO, you're not my kid.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by PerfZ
I don't really think most here think he deserved to die as much as they think it was his own fault. Most of us don't have much use for youngsters driving beyond their abilities and beyond any modicum of common sense. I don't care who the 17 year old is - there is almost no chance that he has much of any driving experience - 1 year in your dad's Titan doesn't count for squat. And yep, any car can go 100 but how much fun it pushing a 4 banger Focus 100 MPH? What would be the point. No, instead, it is "check out the pickup in this 350Z - it's awesome!" that gets kids killed. Your dad's trust in you might be admirable, but I'm a parent of two teen girls, and I consider that kind of trust to be foolish. Just IMHO, you're not my kid.
i get you, i know at 20 im still not an experienced driver but i do know my limitations and dont test them especially while someone else is in the car. my dad truseted me because he knew what kind of person i was he was supposed to give that 300zx to my cousin who was well older than me at the time but knew what would happen. and yes i know doing 100+ in a focus isnt as fun but people still do it, and accidents still happen. i was really aiming my post to those who said he deserved it and there were several people who did post that, yes it is his fault why hes in this situation but i was just saying dont say he deserved it cus you wouldnt want your friend to deserve it. i lost several friends this way some were their faults and others werent just a case of wrong place wrong time. not trying to start anything hear just some posts in this thread were straight stupid and uncalled for.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:55 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If it wasn't for straight stupid, the Internet would be a much lonelier place. Cemeteries too for that matter.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:20 AM
kingjames23

This why the z insurance is so high. Parents get their inexperienced 17 year old a z and then they go smash it into a tree.... Anyways r.i.p to the dude that gave up his life carelessly
Old 06-21-2010, 09:54 AM
TKE_278

wow this is horrible.

I am 19 and i know what you should do and what you should not do in a sports car.

this car has a lot of power and should be respected. I hope the other kid is going to be ok.