Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 12:50 PM
nitromt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
But for some reason, several of the members think making a ~$500 a month payment, and living paycheck to paycheck doing so is something deserving of our respect.
Welcome to America FTL.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:40 PM
jasabeast

I know kids like brag about their payment o i pay this amount each month on my car.. Well how does it feel to live check to check lol... that cant be to fun staying at home every night cause of your car payments and insurance.. ***** just terrible man
Old 03-28-2009, 09:54 PM
tohSeRuS

Originally Posted by SiCKBLaCKMaX99
i would have to agree lol i got my z at 23 yrs old and it was used couldnt afford a new one now im 24 and still training to get into my industry as a financial advisor. How maany guys here know people making great money as financial advisors for companies such as nylife, massmutual? and metlife? let me know cuz thats what im gettin into retirement planning and life insurance. sorry for typos and grammer im typing on my cell phone
My neighbor is a financial advisor and he now has two houses on a lake. one for sleeping and one for work lol
Old 03-29-2009, 02:37 AM
blinkme323

Just in the past week I've seen two teenagers driving 07/08 Z's in my area. One of them had "Drift King" written in HUGE letters on the side of the car. Sadly, I think we'll be seeing more and more of this.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:24 AM
jasabeast

i know there is this 16 yr old kid wrecked his 07 eclipse and his dad bought him a brand new 08 Z terrible man ***** got these gay *** rims and the worst sounding exhaust in the world... his inside is trashed and he has these stupid *** looking flames down the side... Just makes me so pissed
Old 03-29-2009, 07:03 AM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jasabeast
i know there is this 16 yr old kid wrecked his 07 eclipse and his dad bought him a brand new 08 Z terrible man ***** got these gay *** rims and the worst sounding exhaust in the world... his inside is trashed and he has these stupid *** looking flames down the side... Just makes me so pissed
that is great! he wrecks one car so buy him a faster one so that next time he is sure to kill himself. flames?? omg no!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:08 AM
Polo08816
Banned

I have to admit though the selling price of a brand new 2008 Z has come down so much that you can find base and enthusiast models for $19500-22000. It costs only a little bit more than a Honda Civic. I can see a situation where parents are willing to buy their kids a Z because it's not that much more expensive than a Honda Civic.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:10 AM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fowlman01
buy him a faster one so that next time he is sure to kill himself.
Darwinism at its best.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:36 AM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by Polo08816
I have to admit though the selling price of a brand new 2008 Z has come down so much that you can find base and enthusiast models for $19500-22000. It costs only a little bit more than a Honda Civic. I can see a situation where parents are willing to buy their kids a Z because it's not that much more expensive than a Honda Civic.
idk where your finding these prices at the cheapest i could find an 08 in MD was like 25,000... The only cheap ones are those gay *** automatics that cant be sold so they drop the **** outta the price just to move them
Old 03-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Polo08816
Banned

idk where your finding these prices at the cheapest i could find an 08 in MD was like 25,000... The only cheap ones are those gay *** automatics that cant be sold so they drop the **** outta the price just to move them
I'm from NJ. There are many threads on these forums about people out in Cali buying Zs for these prices as well.

However, if they are that cheap wouldn't you agree that it's totally possible that someone that just got their DL could be in a VQ35HR Z?

But they shouldn't come onto these forums and try to convince us that they can actually afford the Z unless they are an emancipated child.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hopefully, they kill themselves off and parents realize that it's not a good idea.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:41 AM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by Spork
Hopefully, they kill themselves off and parents realize that it's not a good idea.
lol thats a little harsh haha but i know what you mean... yeah its def happening alot now with the price s going down due to economy and 370's... i just wish they wouldnt put their .02 in to anything that has to do with money and their Z in the same sentence lol
Old 03-29-2009, 10:27 AM
KBurn

I havent read the rest of this thread but i dont see the problem buying a Z when your young. its not the best financial decision but alot of other things arent either. I know alot of people buying new civics, trucks, etc for around 20k so its hardly more than that, yet people dont usually say anything about that.

I just turned 18 when i bought my Z. I bought and resold 6 cars and worked 5 days a week to save up a 12k down payment. I now work at a restaurant and my car payment + insurance is 25% of my monthly income. I think if your responsible and have a steady job then age shouldnt be a big factor.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:49 AM
jasabeast

No one is saying they should just dont come on here bragging to ppl you have a Z because just like them we all have Z's... And no one cares what you make a month or pay a month if anything post a pic and simmer with the ******** no one wants to here any of that you know what i mean.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Polo08816
Banned

Originally Posted by KBurn
I havent read the rest of this thread but i dont see the problem buying a Z when your young. its not the best financial decision but alot of other things arent either. I know alot of people buying new civics, trucks, etc for around 20k so its hardly more than that, yet people dont usually say anything about that.

I just turned 18 when i bought my Z. I bought and resold 6 cars and worked 5 days a week to save up a 12k down payment. I now work at a restaurant and my car payment + insurance is 25% of my monthly income. I think if your responsible and have a steady job then age shouldnt be a big factor.
I assume you live at home with your legal guardians? Do you think you could still afford the Z if you were living by yourself (rent or mortgage), not pooled in with your parent's car insurance, eating their food and working at a restaurant?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:08 PM
KBurn

Originally Posted by Polo08816
I assume you live at home with your legal guardians? Do you think you could still afford the Z if you were living by yourself (rent or mortgage), not pooled in with your parent's car insurance, eating their food and working at a restaurant?
Yes I do live at home, because the college I go to is 2 miles away. Im always at either school or work anyway so i see no reason to get my own place. Im pretty happy living at home. Im not pooled in with my parents, i have my own policy. I also pay for my own food and everything I own. Assume what you want i guess...
Old 03-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KBurn
Yes I do live at home, because the college I go to is 2 miles away. Im always at either school or work anyway so i see no reason to get my own place. Im pretty happy living at home. Im not pooled in with my parents, i have my own policy. I also pay for my own food and everything I own. Assume what you want i guess...
"Honey, dinners ready! Sorry son, get your own food."

This sounds legit.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:48 PM
tanabe350z

This sounds legit.
lol dont ever tell people you live with your parents or anything on this site its instant flame lol just lie like everyone else
Old 03-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Salvatorey

I found this thread by searching for how Spork contributes to this forum, looks like i found out. Anyway, I hope the true "Adults" of this forum realize that this isn't a social forum it's a car enthusiast forum. End thread unless you want a continuation of harassment, insult, and bias against roughly half of the members in this forum. Which isn't many, because you're making everybody leave with this constant slew of ********.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Salvatorey

This sounds legit.
And you Spork, as if you haven't advertised your ignorance enough, obviously aren't aware of any other home setting but yours. Venture off the pc for a half hour and get a grasp on other peoples lives and what matters before you hit 20,000 posts by next Friday.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...