Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fallenaddict
I'm 17 and my 350z is my second car I've owned and I've paid for every car so far.. I had an 03 Tiburon that I bought off of eBay for 9k which took me two years to save up for.. I payed for insurance mods and gas.. I ended up flipping it on a back road.. Got 8.5k off of insurance and then got a job as a painter and I get payed 60 an hour.. It took me a couple months of working and then I afforded to buy my 04 z for 13k and I also afford my own gas, insurance, and mods.. But then again I don't have to pay taxes or pay house fees or anything... But still, I payed for all my car payments because my parents won't lone me any money... Is there anything wrong with that?
Bahah! I only made $45/hr doing graphic design and that was some epic scratch for me. At $60/hr, wouldn't you be making about $125k a year working full time? Should have baught a G-TR with that lone money.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:33 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JEKL
Who in their right mind would pay some kid $60 an hour to paint houses when you can go to Home Depot and find a Messican in the parking lot who will paint your whole house for a bag of chips and salsa?
Old 04-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Fallenaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
Bahah! I only made $45/hr doing graphic design and that was some epic scratch for me. At $60/hr, wouldn't you be making about $125k a year working full time? Should have baught a G-TR with that lone money.
Did you see I said that I only worked part time? I get like 8-10 hours of work in a week maybe if I'm lucky... I'm 17, I have something called high school still so I can't work full time obviously...

And Hraesvelg, did I ever say I thought I was cool because I was in high school? You guys are so harsh on people and just assume your better then everyone because your older.. I'm sorry that I could afford a z and you don't believe me.. I really don't care.. I was just trying to state a point man.

Last edited by Fallenaddict; 04-24-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you see I said that I only worked part time? I get like 8-10 hours of work in a week maybe if I'm lucky... I'm 17, I have something called high school still so I can't work full time obviously...

And Hraesvelg, did I ever say I thought I was cool because I was in high school? You guys are so harsh on people and just assume your better then everyone because your older.. I'm sorry that I could afford a z and you don't believe me.. I really don't care.. I was just trying to state a point man.
I am better than everyone, not because I'm older but because I bring teh lulz. Don't you ever forget it son.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:58 PM
1GR8350Z

I life guarded all summer last year.. 20 an hour for doing swim meets once a week for about 4 to 6 hours.. Then 8.25 an hour for regular days at the pool... And no, my mom owns a huge interior decorating business and her painters she uses hired me.. We paint outsides of houses and rooms and ill do detail work and what not.. I really honestly do get 60 an hour but its only about 8-10 hours a week on a good week.. I also do pen and ink sketches of peoples houses and can make up to 200 dollars off of on sketch.. Ha but it's cool you don't have to believe me

Sounds like your mama was paying you the 60 an hour and not the painters. I hope you are not so naive as to not see that. So sweet of her to help buy your Z and let you think you did it all by yourself. Even better than a lone. I don't buy the 20 an hour either but you sold me on the 8.25.

No one thinks they are better, just smarter. For future reference when you are stating a point try to stay with facts instead of blatant bs.

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 04-24-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:46 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
Sounds like your mama was paying you the 60 an hour and not the painters. I hope you are not so naive as to not see that. So sweet of her to help buy your Z and let you think you did it all by yourself.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Fallenaddict

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
I am better than everyone, not because I'm older but because I bring teh lulz. Don't you ever forget it son.
Ha alright. I'll take that...

1GR8350Z, my mom's painters are separate from my mom's business.. She just hires them for when she needs a room painted... I'm working for them not my mom.. I do sometimes end up getting a job that pertains towards one of my mom's clients though...
Old 04-24-2010, 06:07 PM
JEKL

1GR8350Z, my mom's painters are separate from my mom's business.. She just hires them for when she needs a room painted... I'm working for them not my mom.. I do sometimes end up getting a job that pertains towards one of my mom's clients though...
So you don't think that you are getting $60 per hour because they are your mom's sub contractors? Look at the going rate of what someone charges to paint a room or house and then ask yourself how the business could survive if it paid each employee $60 per hour.

Do you really not think the owner could not find dozens of people for a third of that?
Old 04-24-2010, 06:13 PM
1GR8350Z

Ha alright. I'll take that...

How hard would it be for mama to slip the painters the extra money she wants you to have and tell them to let you believe they are paying you 60 an hour? C'mon man. I painted for a few months when I was 18 and made 8 an hour. If these painters were paying all of their help this kind of money they wouldn't be able to make any profit for themselves.

In fact it would probably cost them to work.

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 04-24-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:42 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
Sounds like your mama was paying you the 60 an hour and not the painters. I hope you are not so naive as to not see that. So sweet of her to help buy your Z and let you think you did it all by yourself. Even better than a lone. I don't buy the 20 an hour either but you sold me on the 8.25.

No one thinks they are better, just smarter. For future reference when you are stating a point try to stay with facts instead of blatant bs.
To put this in perspective... mommy is paying him an hourly rate that is twice the amount police officers are typically paid for off-duty traffic jobs in Phoenix.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My point is that if you made $60/hr doing manual labor, you should just forget college and paint full time. You're not going to do much better unless you get a postdoc and have a full ride.

But since we all know it's BS anyways, there isn't any point talking about it. I worked in real estate as a handyman in college and our painters didn't get $60/hr. For a full day 60 bucks and a double cheeseburger. But I'm sure you're the exception like all the other kids on the site.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:05 AM
marhot

... my mom's painters are separate from my mom's business.. She just hires them for when she needs a room painted... I'm working for them not my mom.. I do sometimes end up getting a job that pertains towards one of my mom's clients though...

A little advice: once you've been busted here , quit with the BS ... you're just going to make it worse on yourself.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:14 AM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marhot
A little advice: once you've been busted here , quit with the BS ... you're just going to make it worse on yourself.
right, but I think this one will ride out his story.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Fallenaddict

Originally Posted by marhot
HA I don't even know why I would post this and try to tell you this if it wasn't true.. Maybe she is paying them extra? I don't know? I wouldn't randomly just post a huge lie on a forum trying to be cool or something.. I don't even know you guys.. All I saw was the post, that I am 17, and that I have a z... I don't get what the big deal is. Just because of my age doesn't matter what kind of car you have.. I baby my z just like anyone else would.. But that's just me..
Old 04-25-2010, 08:26 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

I wouldn't randomly just post a huge lie on a forum trying to be cool or something..
The younger the members are the more they BS. You're no different.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:14 PM
AnhDepTrai

I'm 17 Years Old

*Waits for the horde of Masculine Men*
Old 04-25-2010, 12:47 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by AnhDepTrai
I'm 17 Years Old

*Waits for the horde of Masculine Men*
Like the attention of men do you?
Old 04-25-2010, 01:01 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JEKL
Like the attention of men do you?
Hraesvelg will be on him in no time.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:02 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Old 04-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...