Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267
I'll own up and take some heat for all the cars I've "owned." My father's into the buy-and-flip business, so I've gotten to drive quite a few cars in my few short years behind the wheel.

First car that was given to me was a 2002 Maxima SE. That was my sixteeth birthday. Still have it to date.

After that:
2001 Pontiac Firebird (16.5) <- Sold for the next car in line.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am (17-18) <- Tranny went out. Just recently traded for a '95 Jeep Wrangler. Dad's new DD.
2001 Lexus IS300 (17) <- Was going to sell the Trans Am and keep this car, but my father decided he didn't like it. Sold two summers ago.
2003 Nissan 350z (18-current) Mother bought it for me. I'm in the process of paying her up so that I can put the car in my name and it can actually be my car.

Ya'll can bring the heat. I can handle it. I'm thankful for what I've been given.
Whoa a hick turned JDM...that can't be good.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:35 AM
SLCPunk267

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarvinMartian
Y'all is a contraction of you all.

As such, the proper spelling is as I have identified, with the apostrophe after the y and before the a.

Durned kids.

My bad. Fixing for...grammar's sake.

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
Whoa a hick turned JDM...that can't be good.
Not quite. I'm originally from New York. Moved down to Nashville about four years ago, though.

Last edited by SLCPunk267; 05-12-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:40 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Not quite. I'm originally from New York. Moved down to Nashville about four years ago, though.
Nothing wrong with Nashville - corporate HQ for NNA and home of ZCON this year. You should look into the Middle Tennessee Z club and Crawford Z Service - Doug Stewart is a great resource for anything Z related.
And don't sweat the small stuff in this thread - some people like to nitpick just a bit and you seem pretty upfront as to your car ownership. But - always watch your back, lol.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:49 AM
SLCPunk267

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Nothing wrong with Nashville - corporate HQ for NNA and home of ZCON this year. You should look into the Middle Tennessee Z club and Crawford Z Service - Doug Stewart is a great resource for anything Z related.
And don't sweat the small stuff in this thread - some people like to nitpick just a bit and you seem pretty upfront as to your car ownership. But - always watch your back, lol.
I've been to Crawford a few times with my Maxima. They're pretty good guys. Can't say anything bad about their service.

I'll definitely look into MTZC, thanks for the heads up.

And no worries, I know how the nitpicking goes. I got plenty of it during my stay on the Maxima forums.

Ruthless: Regarding your hick comment, I'll shortly be adding louvers, offroad tires, and side pipes. From there, I'm planning on painting my Z road cone orange and putting giant "01" stickers on either side, accompanied by a giant rebel flag flying off the rear hatch. Sound good?

Last edited by SLCPunk267; 05-12-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:52 AM
MarvinMartian

Originally Posted by PerfZ

And don't drop the soap.

Hraes is around here somewhere . . . .
Old 05-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Ruthless18x

I wasn't talking about Nashville.

I was talking about the two trans ams to a 300 and Z. Plus using y'all.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:04 PM
1GR8350Z

I'll own up and take some heat for all the cars I've "owned." My father's into the buy-and-flip business, so I've gotten to drive quite a few cars in my few short years behind the wheel.

First car that was given to me was a 2002 Maxima SE. That was my sixteeth birthday. Still have it to date.

After that:
2001 Pontiac Firebird (16.5) <- Sold for the next car in line.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am (17-18) <- Tranny went out. Just recently traded for a '95 Jeep Wrangler. Dad's new DD.
2001 Lexus IS300 (17) <- Was going to sell the Trans Am and keep this car, but my father decided he didn't like it. Sold two summers ago.
2003 Nissan 350z (18-current) Mother bought it for me. I'm in the process of paying her up so that I can put the car in my name and it can actually be my car.

Y'all can bring the heat. I can handle it. I'm thankful for what I've been given.
So you "owned" a Maxima, shared the rest with you dad, and are paying your mom back for the Z? What happens if you miss a payment?
Old 05-12-2010, 12:18 PM
SLCPunk267

I wasn't talking about Nashville.

I was talking about the two trans ams to a 300 and Z. Plus using y'all.

I owned a Maxima before the Firebird and the Trans Am. I don't see what's so wrong with trying different things out to see what I like and dislike. I know plenty of JDM fanatics who covet the LS series engine. I had fun with it. Outside of straight-line speed, I wasn't too fond of either of the Pontiacs. They handled like cinderblocks.

Sorry I used a slang contraction. Would you prefer "you guys?"

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
So you "owned" a Maxima, shared the rest with you dad, and are paying your mom back for the Z? What happens if you miss a payment?
Dad never drove the other ones. He bought them, I drove them for a year or so, and then he sold them off. We kept the Maxima because it's been the most reliable of the bunch. The IS had a SES light when I got it for a plugged precat, and I wasn't about to drop $900 on an OEM piece for a car I wasn't even sure I wanted to keep.

And yeah, I'm paying my mom off for the Z. If I miss a payment? I get locked in my room, fed a diet of bread and water, and am not allowed to see the light of day until I can find a way to cough up the money for the next payment.

Last edited by SLCPunk267; 05-12-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:34 PM
1GR8350Z

Dad never drove the other ones. He bought them, I drove them for a year or so, and then he sold them off. We kept the Maxima because it's been the most reliable of the bunch. The IS had a SES light when I got it for a plugged precat, and I wasn't about to drop $900 on an OEM piece for a car I wasn't even sure I wanted to keep.

And yeah, I'm paying my mom off for the Z. If I miss a payment? I get locked in my room, fed a diet of bread and water, and am not allowed to see the light of day until I can find a way to cough up the money for the next payment.
LOL.This thread would suck if all of the younger guys responded like you do. I can definitely appreciate your honesty.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:04 PM
SLCPunk267

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
LOL.This thread would suck if all of the younger guys responded like you do. I can definitely appreciate your honesty.
Oh, I've seen it. We had them every now and then on the org. It really is amusing to get them worked up and watch them try and justify letting daddy buy them a car. The most outstanding was a kid who was looking for instructions on installing an R-34 bodykit, among other "mods," because his parents were paying for them.

In all seriousness, in getting the Z I had an ultimatum: I have to have my mom paid back in full by the time I graduate college, or I have to sell off the Z, and she keeps whatever the difference is that I owe her from the sale.

Like I said, I'm completely thankful for what I've been given. Hence why I take care of what I own. I'm sure a lot of guys my age come in here with the, "Daddy bought me [this!] I'm so much better than you," kind of attitude, so I can understand having hard feelings toward a kid who's been given a few cars to drive in his short time with a license.

Last edited by SLCPunk267; 05-12-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:09 PM
1GR8350Z

Oh, I've seen it. We had them every now and then on the org. It really is amusing to get them worked up and watch them try and justify letting daddy buy them a car. The most outstanding was a kid who was looking for instructions on installing an R-34 bodykit, among other "mods," because his parents were paying for them.

Like I said, I'm completely thankful for what I've been given. Hence why I take care of what I own. I'm sure a lot of guys my age come in here with the, "Daddy bought me [this!] I'm so much better than you," kind of attitude, so I can understand having hard feelings toward a kid who's been given a few cars to drive in his short time with a license.
Actually,most of them come on here saying they bought it themselves and didn't have any help and their lies start to unravel.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Ruthless18x

I owned a Maxima before the Firebird and the Trans Am. I don't see what's so wrong with trying different things out to see what I like and dislike. I know plenty of JDM fanatics who covet the LS series engine. I had fun with it. Outside of straight-line speed, I wasn't too fond of either of the Pontiacs. They handled like cinderblocks.

I agree that your responses make it no fun to **** with you. That's a good thing though. Welcome noob.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:29 PM
PerfZ

I agree that your responses make it no fun to **** with you. That's a good thing though. Welcome noob.
Still, don't drop the soap in front of Hraes. BTW Doug at Crawford is a big part of MTZC - well, at least as host for the meetings and parties.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:43 PM
JEKL

Wouldn't it be "your guys" from a New Yorker?

Congrats on the Z and welcome to the forum. Have you got pics of it yet?
Old 05-13-2010, 05:45 AM
SLCPunk267

Thanks.

I'm actually kinda looking forward to seeing how everyone on here handles the newbs that act like 1GR8350Z mentioned.

Originally Posted by JEKL
Wouldn't it be "your guys" from a New Yorker?

Congrats on the Z and welcome to the forum. Have you got pics of it yet?
I mean, normally, yes. Almost five years in the south has started to get to me, though.

I've got a few pics of it. I'm assuming there's a picture thread around here somewhere? I haven't really had a chance to browse through the whole forum.

Edit: Yep, found it. I'll be sure to post up a few of the pics I have later.

Last edited by SLCPunk267; 05-13-2010 at 05:52 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:33 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's refreshing to see a young member of the next generation of Z drivers who is not an illiterate and delusional douchebag.

Welcome to the forum and the VQ community.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:55 AM
marhot

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
It's refreshing to see a young member of the next generation of Z drivers who is not an illiterate and delusional douchebag.

Welcome to the forum and the VQ community.
Yeah, but bor - ing ....

...next.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:07 AM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah this thread sucks now.

Mods, please lock.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:18 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marhot
Yeah, but bor - ing ....

...next.
LOL Don't worry! I'm sure some more pseudo independent teen ballers with pseudo intelligence will jump in here soon and provide us with more entertainment.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 05-13-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:59 PM
PerfZ

^^^^^^^^^^^For sure. There are enough of them out there, and most of them seem to find their way here eventually.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...