Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 12:46 PM
jbaker1121
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Barnabas
So this kids car and insurance are paid for by family but he pays for "everything" else?? What else besides gas lol
Well since you asked, the mods, maintenance, gas, you know, everything else that goes into a car besides the actual price and insurance. A good 10k + to date. The car was bought new by my grandfather, he used it for a couple of eyars, then passed it on, and isurance is paid by my parents.

(in hindsight, I wish I had saved up instead of buying stupid little crap here and there becasue everybody said they "added hp" lol I could be TT by now w/ built motor....)

edit: it doesn't help that I like everything to be perfect so I usually pay the extra/go the extra to have stuff done right.... incliding getting ripped off by the stealerships, etc.
just wish I knew then what I know now. All the stupid little things add up.

Last edited by jbaker1121; 08-11-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I had had everything paid for for me and no rent/ no other bills. I would have 700+ Hp right now
Old 08-11-2010, 12:53 PM
jbaker1121
Banned

I wish I had had everything paid for for me and no rent/ no other bills. I would have 700+ Hp right now
Slow down there grandpa, I never said any of that. Not everything is paid for by the parents, we are just talking about my car here. If you want to go into my personal finances as well, that's fine. I do have bills and expenses other than my car, and I pay "rent" out of pocket for 6ish months out of the year (school) and I'm not 5, my parents don't pay for clothes and all that crap. I don't sit around and go to the beach all summer either. I do work (no, not for my family either). If you want the rest of my life story, let me know
Don't try and assume when you don't know.

if I had no expenses, I too would be 700hp+ on my FX.

Last edited by jbaker1121; 08-11-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:55 PM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by vo7848
VO(misses the non-staff days where he could be a full blown sorry sick sumabish)
Don't worry VO, I will gladly carry the torch

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
Originally Posted by Armin'sZ
Oops I lied

Phucking owned you lying little child. As far as your OLDER sister goes, does she do ****?

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 08-11-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:05 PM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by jbaker1121
Some good points, well done. I agree that there are the fortunate kids, and there are the kids who actually work for everything by the time they are old enough to work. I know this sounds like the same old story, but yes, my family paid for the car (my grandfather) and pays the insurance (parents), but I pay for EVERYTHING else. Everything.
I could have bought my own car, because I already had money saved up from working since I was 14, but basically what I could afford at the time = not "safe enough" according to my parents. So yes, I got the car based on "achievement", but unlike most other "fortunate" kids out there, I actually appreciate what I have and don't go everywhere bragging about how awesome I am (though I was an idiot when I first got the car....It WAS the nicest car in the student lot at HS, after all...)
But still, you older guys need to chill the **** out with all the hate, while at the same time all the younger guys need to chill the **** out with thinking that you're the ****.
You get a car handed to you along with paid insurance. Then you say it's for achievements. Please explain

Well since you asked, the mods, maintenance, gas, you know, everything else that goes into a car besides the actual price and insurance. A good 10k + to date. The car was bought new by my grandfather, he used it for a couple of eyars, then passed it on, and isurance is paid by my parents.

(in hindsight, I wish I had saved up instead of buying stupid little crap here and there becasue everybody said they "added hp" lol I could be TT by now w/ built motor....)

edit: it doesn't help that I like everything to be perfect so I usually pay the extra/go the extra to have stuff done right.... incliding getting ripped off by the stealerships, etc.
just wish I knew then what I know now. All the stupid little things add up.
I don't buy your 10k claim.

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 08-11-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Barnabas

I doubt you pay 100% for school as well if your car is completely paid for too.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:20 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like your going through mid life crisis.
Yes she's 23
23 is about right for me...I'm in for the sister. (I'm an old fart that likes young chicks).
Old 08-11-2010, 01:24 PM
jbaker1121
Banned

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
You get a car handed to you along with paid insurance. Then you say it's for achievements. Please explain

I don't buy your 10k claim.
Achievements was in quotes; I was saying that I basically got it handed to me. (if you want to get technical, it was based on the assumption that I would be going to a "good" college and had "good grades", which happened. otherwise, the vehicle would go back to my grandfather...)

And If you would like, I can go through every modification, maintenance charge, and misc vehicle expenses that I have paid for for the vehicle. 10k+ easily.

I doubt you pay 100% for school as well if your car is completely paid for too.
I don't think you read what I wrote well enough. I pay for the rent (off campus) at my school, along with all of the bills and expenses that come with living off campus. It is only about $500 per month not including food*. (*not bragging, just including details since you are so interested) I work while at school.

The car was bought (not leased or financed) by my grandfather in '05. he then used the car for 2 years, as a winter beater and get-around car to give his nice cars a rest...and I got it in 2007 after getting my license at 16 and a half. I did not pay for the car and do not pay the insuance.

What isn't there to get?
You guys remind me of this guy whose always at this meet I go to who refuses to believe I have GTR wheels on my FX...lol
Old 08-11-2010, 01:25 PM
1GR8350Z

This sister is in need of a nice "old fart" gangbang.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:27 PM
fowlman01

Achievements was in quotes; I was saying that I basically got it handed to me. (if you want to get technical, it was based on the assumption that I would be going to a "good" college and had "good grades", which happened. otherwise, the vehicle would go back to my grandfather...)

And If you would like, I can go through every modification, maintenance charge, and misc vehicle expenses that I have paid for for the vehicle. 10k+ easily.

I don't think you read what I wrote well enough. I pay for the rent (off campus) at my school, along with all of the bills and expenses that come with living off campus. It is only about $500 per month not including food*. (*not bragging, just including details since you are so interested) I work while at school.

The car was bought (not leased or financed) by my grandfather in '05. he then used the car for 2 years, as a winter beater and get-around car to give his nice cars a rest...and I got it in 2007 after getting my license at 16 and a half. I did not pay for the car and do not pay the insuance.

What isn't there to get?
You guys remind me of this guy whose always at this meet I go to who refuses to believe I have GTR wheels on my FX...lol
So GT-R wheels now have the Infinity logo on them?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:27 PM
1GR8350Z

Might as well
Old 08-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Barnabas

What isn't there to get?
My point was just proven.... You hardly pay for anything and it was all given to you.

Im glad you are spoiled and your family pays for it all. enjoy it some of us never had that.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:29 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

If you had any reading comprehension you would know I'm 27.
Originally Posted by AcidJake75

Staff FTMFGDW...
Old 08-11-2010, 01:29 PM
fowlman01

Oops I lied
no problem, we all know that teens that post in this thread lie. I think this thread makes them lie. Blame it on the thread.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems like most of the z's I see that are driving recklessly, are the older guys. It seems like you guys think only the older folks should drive a 350z. Anyways most of you guys are going through mid life crisis.
Most of us bought the Z when it just came out, and it was because we liked it, not because of a crisis. If anyone is having a crisis it's the child spending 75% of his paycheck on a car.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Armin'sZ

Don't worry VO, I will gladly carry the torch

Phucking owned you lying little child. As far as your OLDER sister goes, does she do ****?
I don't know you will have to ask her and find out
Old 08-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Armin'sZ

Originally Posted by fowlman01
no problem, we all know that teens that post in this thread lie. I think this thread makes them lie. Blame it on the thread.
Yes all kids lie. You lied when you were a kid.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Nukiz0r
350Z-holic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Pics of sister or

Last edited by Nukiz0r; 08-11-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:13 PM
jbaker1121
Banned

Originally Posted by fowlman01
So GT-R wheels now have the Infinity logo on them?

Did you click on my non-updated cardomain page to get info on my car? Sorry if its confusing you.

Well first, it's "Infiniti".
Second, If i were so inclined, the G35 and G37 center caps fit perfectly where the nissan center cap is on the wheels, (same diameter) I just chose to keep the Nissan badge so people could identify the wheels more easily....also I havent bought the infiniti ones yet lol. I also kept the nissan badges/caps the OEM color to add some contrast to the darker color of the wheel.

This might help:
https://my350z.com/forum/8557187-post52.html

I can provide you with pictures from when they were purchased. I painted them a new evo color "Phantom Black" because the factory color didn't give enough contrast with my diamond graphite color.

I don't really post as much on this forum as others...so you guys basically just get some updated pictures now and then...and also havent updated my cardomain since before the summer....or my youtube page...

Might as well
really....? lmao I'm sure you can go through my mods list somewhere and make an estimate. Dont forget about all maintenance and synth. oil changes every 3000ish miles since 18k miles... I'm at 74xxx now. four sets of wheel purchased, etc...

My point was just proven.... You hardly pay for anything and it was all given to you.
Im glad you are spoiled and your family pays for it all. enjoy it some of us never had that.
hmm...pretty sure I just explained how my family does not pay for EVERYTHING, but thanks man, I appreciate it. I am fortunate enogh to have parents who can afford to provide me with a very comfortable life, while I use most of the money I make myself to support my hobby. as well as save up...I also do some investing with my money through TD ameritrade...the success of some of my stocks bought my winter wheels last year! haha

Last edited by jbaker1121; 08-11-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Armin'sZ

Originally Posted by Nukiz0r
Pics of sister or
ehh maybe, let me see if i can even find one.

EDIT: I only have one of her and her boyfriend, not sure if that would work for you...lol

Last edited by Armin'sZ; 08-11-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...