Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Strollo22
Ok... So I get the point of this thread. About children being spoiled more-so these days then ever. But to group "17 year olds" or young kids into one category is asanine. I myself am 23 years old and just recently purchased an 08' 350z with my own money, pay my own insurance and rent. Is it my fault that i happened to be fortunate enough to walk into a well paying job? No, but I do work my *** off and if I want to buy something I can enjoy on my weekends off, what does age have to with it? As long as you know where you came from, and you handle all of your priorities, what's wrong with rewarding yourself?
there's the difference... you said it your self. YOU pay for it all yourself. you appreciate it.

Its the kids that come in saying its an "investment" and that they pay "it all myself" when there parents pay insurance and they have no rent. they have no respect or appreciation for the car.

Thats why all the rest of ours insurance is soo damn high because they go flying down the streets since they spend every penny on the car soo they cant afford to go to the track
Thats what this is about. being responsible with the car and not driving like a idiot and wrapping it around a tree.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Strollo22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barnabas
there's the difference... you said it your self. YOU pay for it all yourself. you appreciate it.

Its the kids that come in saying its an "investment" and that they pay "it all myself" when there parents pay insurance and they have no rent. they have no respect or appreciation for the car.

Thats why all the rest of ours insurance is soo damn high because they go flying down the streets since they spend every penny on the car soo they cant afford to go to the track
Thats what this is about. being responsible with the car and not driving like a idiot and wrapping it around a tree.

I was just going to add to my post lol. I absolutely agree. By buying your kid's first car, you're not teaching them anything. No responsibility, no financial understanding and it never ends up well. i just didn't like how this was turning into a generalized conversation/argument between young and old, when young wasn't seeing the point.

Last edited by Strollo22; 11-08-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaddy-Z.
This is clearly why I said "anybody that complains" after the first comma. And I just came to this thread because it irritates me a little that people are complaining. Why put somebody else down just because they got something before you did? That's like saying the kid down the street got an awesome Huffy bicycle for his birthday but you have nothing. It's funny you're arguing with me though. I'll ignore your comments towards me. I'm not gonna stoop down to your level to try and tear you down. Arguing over the internet is pathetic. The point of this thread was the share opinions about 17 year olds getting a Z. Not to tear them down. Nice try though. Better luck next time!
Welcome to my350z. We are not like most US citizens. We are not humanitarian, and don't give a f*ck about feelings. If you want free hugs, go elsewhere. You make a point to not stoop down to my level? You already did by posting in this thread and replying to me.
How far from Wichita Falls are you?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:12 PM
gidiup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is clearly why I said "anybody that complains" after the first comma. And I just came to this thread because it irritates me a little that people are complaining. Why put somebody else down just because they got something before you did? That's like saying the kid down the street got an awesome Huffy bicycle for his birthday but you have nothing. It's funny you're arguing with me though. I'll ignore your comments towards me. I'm not gonna stoop down to your level to try and tear you down. Arguing over the internet is pathetic. The point of this thread was the share opinions about 17 year olds getting a Z. Not to tear them down. Nice try though. Better luck next time!
Really.. This is the best you got. Our level. What happens in this thread is a 17 year comes on here.. Talks about how they earned their Z buy smooching their mommys nipple and adjusting their old mans pants and want us to welcome them with open arms... Not happening junior.

Go back to racing the kid on the huffy and that birthday party you remember so well.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:14 PM
gidiup

Originally Posted by shimmy1993
you guys can complain when z's arent 10-15k and every teenager wit a reasonable well paid job and/or a parent to hep them can afford it. NOW it be a different story if you ***** abt a 370z or a GT-R being owned by a lil kid while your old *** can barely afford....i rest my case. can we stop this argument now?
What case are you talking about?? You can barely type let alone stress a point.

Last edited by gidiup; 11-08-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:30 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

You sure?
Old 11-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shimmy1993
you guys can complain when z's arent 10-15k and every teenager wit a reasonable well paid job and/or a parent to hep them can afford it. NOW it be a different story if you ***** abt a 370z or a GT-R being owned by a lil kid while your old *** can barely afford....i rest my case. can we stop this argument now?
I was I had a parent that would hep me.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:49 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok... So I get the point of this thread. About children being spoiled more-so these days then ever. But to group "17 year olds" or young kids into one category is asanine. I myself am 23 years old and just recently purchased an 08' 350z with my own money, pay my own insurance and rent. Is it my fault that i happened to be fortunate enough to walk into a well paying job? No, but I do work my *** off and if I want to buy something I can enjoy on my weekends off, what does age have to with it? As long as you know where you came from, and you handle all of your priorities, what's wrong with rewarding yourself?
You are 23 and live on your own - this thread is not about you.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:58 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Affording a $15-20k car when you have a full time job past high school is not really that hard even at today's minimum wage. Not that it's necessarily a smart move, but it can easily be done given today's interest rates and the options for loan durations.

A teeny-bopper with a F/T job can get a $15-20k car for $275-360/month for just the payment. Our local Starbucks pays $9.50/hour, so that math becomes easy even for someone who isn't in a career-oriented job.

Originally Posted by gidiup
What case are you talking about?? You can barely type let alone stress a point.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:31 PM
gidiup

Originally Posted by PerfZ
You are 23 and live on your own - this thread is not about you.
Agree.. Lots of threads to post on. Maybe you post up on match.com
Old 11-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Strollo22

Originally Posted by scotts300
Affording a $15-20k car when you have a full time job past high school is not really that hard even at today's minimum wage. Not that it's necessarily a smart move, but it can easily be done given today's interest rates and the options for loan durations.

A teeny-bopper with a F/T job can get a $15-20k car for $275-360/month for just the payment. Our local Starbucks pays $9.50/hour, so that math becomes easy even for someone who isn't in a career-oriented job.

Valid point, if you live with your parent's and you have no overhead i.e insurance and rent amongst other monthly bills.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Strollo22

Originally Posted by gidiup
Agree.. Lots of threads to post on. Maybe you post up on match.com
My whole point in posting (knowing it's not about me) was because it was just turning into and older vs. younger battle. Older is wiser and any of these "younger" kids, are not going to realize that and they're just going to keep arguing.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:57 PM
billsrcursed

My whole point in posting (knowing it's not about me) was because it was just turning into and older vs. younger battle. Older is wiser and any of these "younger" kids, are not going to realize that and they're just going to keep arguing.
You're getting warmer...
Old 11-10-2010, 04:47 AM
gidiup

I think this is were he yells.. Marco and we say Polo.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:54 PM
TheWan

i hope all of you guys realize that all of you guys were 17 at one point staring at a car poster or drooling over a dream car. if older folks in this forum is really "wiser" then you guys should also learn to respect others. 17 yr old getting a Z is non of your business. you should be congretulating them for getting a car they always dreamed of. just because you guys had bitter past doesn't mean you should be a complete dick about it toward the younger generation. you want to be respected and considered the "wiser" group? act like one and mature up. young kids are always gunna be bit dumb and immature. if you are REALLY older and knows more about life, you should know better to share the joy rather than trying to flame the f*** out of them. i have a feeling younger guys in this forum are sometimes more mature than you old folks. just sayin'.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:41 PM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by TheWan
i hope all of you guys realize that all of you guys were 17 at one point staring at a car poster or drooling over a dream car. if older folks in this forum is really "wiser" then you guys should also learn to respect others. 17 yr old getting a Z is non of your business. you should be congretulating them for getting a car they always dreamed of. just because you guys had bitter past doesn't mean you should be a complete dick about it toward the younger generation. you want to be respected and considered the "wiser" group? act like one and mature up. young kids are always gunna be bit dumb and immature. if you are REALLY older and knows more about life, you should know better to share the joy rather than trying to flame the f*** out of them. i have a feeling younger guys in this forum are sometimes more mature than you old folks. just sayin'.
Sure, I want to share the joy that my insurance is higher and that there is one more idiot with a sports car that is very likely to wreck it and kill themselves or someone else. For someone that is talking about wisdom your spelling is horrible and have you ever tried to use the shift key?
Old 11-10-2010, 05:35 PM
gidiup

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
Sure, I want to share the joy that my insurance is higher and that there is one more idiot with a sports car that is very likely to wreck it and kill themselves or someone else. For someone that is talking about wisdom your spelling is horrible and have you ever tried to use the shift key?

Look Junior... Your spelling is horrible and your priorities are pretty messed up. It bothers you that kids get flamed on here but your grammer doesn't? The last thing you should be doing is driving a Z let alone a car. Go study and do some homework. Work on your literary skills before you work on your driving skills.

So.. big decision this fall. Community College or straight to cleaning out animal stalls? Whats your favorite farm animal?
Old 11-10-2010, 05:58 PM
needed 2

So I'm 19, work at a bank, make pretty good money for my age, go to school full time AND pay for my Z myself. I've loved this car since it came out in '03 when I was 11 so now that I can afford to, getting this car was a no brainer. So are you guys really telling me that your pissed off that I can afford my dream car at a young age while doing what I shoudl be to start my career? You guys are ****in jerkoffs.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:02 PM
TheWan

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
yes... spelling comment... how original... thank you for proving my point...
Old 11-10-2010, 06:50 PM
billsrcursed

Originally Posted by needed 2
So I'm 19, work at a bank, make pretty good money for my age, go to school full time AND pay for my Z myself. I've loved this car since it came out in '03 when I was 11 so now that I can afford to, getting this car was a no brainer. So are you guys really telling me that your pissed off that I can afford my dream car at a young age while doing what I shoudl be to start my career? You guys are ****in jerkoffs.
Remember you calling us fukin jerkoffs when "WAN" wrecks his shyt into a school bus loaded with children because he was street racing a civic douche and your insurance goes up...

Think I'm making this up??? Do some fukin research around here and you'll see this thread is here for a reason. This isn't our first time around the block, these stories pour in by the minute.

Congrats on the teller job, BTW.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...