Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 02:48 PM
pcressey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Armin'sZ
The thing is 350z's are cheap so most of you guys have a standard job and make avg income. Yeah some of you guys are high up and $hit and money is not everything. Some of you guys invest your money. But most of you aren't like that and you're going around calling the young folks dumb and uneducated when hell you probably didn't do that well and your just doing average.

Then your going to say well mommy or daddy didn't buy my car. Well $hit things have changed my Dad bought his first car for $100 back in the day. But a lot kids are fortunate now, and get nice things. Yeah you can argue and say well it's not right and blah blah blah.

At the end of the day this thread will never end.

I think you are going to find life more difficult than you think once you are on your own... let's do a quick example...

Los Angeles Area :: Monthly Costs

Mortgage - $2,500 (Decent House/Condo)
Food - $400 (If you cook your own meals and go out once or twice)
Car Note (30k Z) - $450
Car Insurance - $130
Gas - $200

That totals... $3,680

You will need to make roughly $60k a year (pre tax) just to afford those 5 simple things.

Good luck!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Overlord#1

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pcressey
I think you are going to find life more difficult than you think once you are on your own... let's do a quick example...

Car Note (30k Z) - $450
Car Insurance - $130
Gas - $200

That totals... $3,680

You will need to make roughly $60k a year (pre tax) just to afford those 5 simple things.

Good luck!
Oh you didn't know? Yeah college graduates make 6 figures automatically these days. because thats what daddy makes. Its cake!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Overlord#1

Minus the mortgage pretty damn close to exactly what my budget is

Last edited by Overlord#1; 08-12-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spend 400 a month in gas alone I need a better commute.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:54 PM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
I'm going to let that kids mom lick it out. While penetrating his sister's cinnamon ring, while he sits in the corner masturbating with his own tears.
***** it, I'll take one for the team and smash his mom from behind while she's licking your bootyhole clean. Post me some pics of her, fatty. I at least want to know what I'm getting myself into

Originally Posted by jbaker1121
Sweet, do you really have that much freetime to find pictures from my photobucket of me to try and determine what I look like? lmao.
Damn right, sitting behind a desk all day at work is sweet. I got more time than you can imagine to own you little kiddies.

I would care less to be honest. usually the tools and *******s do well in the corporate world.
Not you. Stick with ditch digging, boy

have you broken your wrist? It never heals 100%. I broke mine fapping to farm aniamals. I look shorter because obviously I am not standing tall, since my legs are spread apart wating for armin hammer to fill me. Want a picture with a tape measure? I fit fine into sports cars. I wasn't implying I spent that amount, I was implying that is what they are worth and is the reason nobody believes.
Here's an edited quote for you

I love how the old guys are less mature than some of the younger ones.
This thread brings out the child in me, what can I say. Now about that girl in the pic. Nevermind, she's a little husky for me
Old 08-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Overlord#1

Originally Posted by Barnabas
Only reason mine approaches $200 is the weekend drives up to the lake house. Otherwise I may not break $100. I live 5 mins form work and close to downtown.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by Overlord#1
Only reason mine approaches $200 is the weekend drives up to the lake house. Otherwise I may not break $100. I live 5 mins form work and close to downtown.
My old job was less then 2 miles from my house. I miss that
Old 08-12-2010, 03:01 PM
pcressey

Oh you didn't know? Yeah college graduates make 6 figures automatically these days. because thats what daddy makes. Its cake!
They don't? College kids are lucky to get a job at McDonald's these days.

Minus the mortgage pretty damn close to exactly what my budget is
The scary part is all the LITTLE things that add up at the end of the month... or the unexpected things.

Take out the FI, go back to stock injectors, get skinny tires and draft 12" behind 18 wheelers.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Barnabas

Take out the FI, go back to stock injectors, get skinny tires and draft 12" behind 18 wheelers.
my truck is on stock injectors I like my 25lbs of boost and oversized tires

I will say though I rarely go into boost on the truck as its really not needed for the daily commute.

On the bike I save by never spraying the bottle
Old 08-12-2010, 03:08 PM
jbaker1121
Banned

I was going to take the time to type it out in more detail but said **** it. I Meant the people who are 40ish and aspire to have a Z are the people who obviously ****ed up somewhere, the people who own it along with other cars, great...

You do realize most of the people here do not have the Z as their primary car right??

I for one drive a F250 diesel or my GSXR 1000 everyday
lol great, a pickup truck and a bike.

Originally Posted by Nukiz0r
jbaker, I don't know why, but I don't see you lasting long on this forum.

As for the 40+ who own Z's remark; Z culture has been around for decades. 40 years to be precise. Some of us grew up wanting Z's because we experienced the Z at an early age.

On that note, I'm going to stand back and watch our older members here work their interwebz magic. We have people here who could be detectives. Proceed gentlemen.
lasting on this forum or this thread? lmao. Why wouldn't I last? because the grumpy old people can't believe what anybody under the age of 25 has to say?
For some people enjoying life is making tons of money and that is fine. This teen just comes off as arrogant assuming everybody has the goal in life to be rich. Guess what Jr. some people don't care about money!
obviously you guys care about money, since that is all you guys ***** about in this thread. great job.

Car Note (30k Z) - $450
Car Insurance - $130
Gas - $200

That totals... $3,680

Good luck!
are you serious? 60k a year is NOTHING! I'm not sure how the cost of living is near you, but where I live, 60k is nothing. That's what custodians make. People here pay 3k on their car payments. lmao if you aspire to make 60k a year, I feel bad for you.

Honestly guys, I'm already bored with this conversation. You couldn't find anything else to ***** about about the car or finances, so you moved on to try and find pictures of me to ***** about what I look like? pathetic. You older gents really need to get a ****ing life.\

In the meantime, I'll enjoy being a young balling big tough guy. LMAO

Last edited by jbaker1121; 08-12-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:09 PM
zen350z

my truck is on stock injectors I like my 25lbs of boost and oversized tires

I will say though I rarely go into boost on the truck as its really not needed for the daily commute.

On the bike I save by never spraying the bottle
And my ***** is bigger than yours

And I wish I was making 60k..... I only make 42k

Last edited by zen350z; 08-12-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:13 PM
pcressey

are you serious? 60k a year is NOTHING! I'm not sure how the cost of living is near you, but where I live, 60k is nothing. That's what custodians make. People here pay 3k on their car payments. lmao if you aspire to make 60k a year, I feel bad for you.
"The Bureau of Economic Analysis lists Westchester in 2004 with the per capita income of $58,952, the eighth highest in the country.[2] The Census Bureau reports that 6.40% of families and 8.7% (2003) of the population were below the poverty line, including 26.53% of those under age 18 and 7.60% of those age 65 or over." Source: http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...unty,_New_York

Apparently you don't know your own city very well... and my example shows 5 basic things for the point of this topic. With those costs, you would need to make at least $90k a year to be comfortable with a casual social life. Add a wife and kid (in private school)... $250k a year.

Thank you and good luck!

Old 08-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by zen350z
And my ***** is bigger than yours

And I wish I was making 60k..... I only make 42k
I swore mine was the biggest online
Old 08-12-2010, 03:19 PM
zen350z

whoops
Old 08-12-2010, 03:21 PM
1GR8350Z

I was going to take the time to type it out in more detail but said **** it. I Meant the people who are 40ish and aspire to have a Z are the people who obviously ****ed up somewhere, the people who own it along with other cars, great...
Show me someone in this thread that fits that desrciption

lol great, a pickup truck and a bike.
Let me guess, you intend to have a Ferrari by 22.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy being a lard *** that drives a SUV. LMAO
Fixed
Old 08-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z

Let me guess, you intend to have a Ferrari by 22.
If daddy has one then he can afford one as soon as he graduates.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:42 PM
NyCSnEaK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would care less to be honest. usually the tools and *******s do well in the corporate world.Quote]

did your grandpappy tell you that? You are too dumb and clueless to become one of those men. I've seen kids like you all the time, living off daddy's and pappy's strength. Enjoy your trust fund lil kid. There is no way your going to be a corporate hotshot, unless it's in pappy's firm. 1 son . Now go get me my coffee(BK accent). "I like my sugar with coffee and cream" BB

Last edited by NyCSnEaK; 08-12-2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: How I prefer my coffee ; )
Old 08-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

HOLY ***!! I play some starcraft and this thread blows up!!

Originally Posted by Legacy406
haha easy it takes some of us a while
It took me 8 years for my undergrad and 4 years for my master's who gives a ****. I'm still higher up than the chick that is fresh out of a tier 1 college with mad internships.

Last time I checked by 26 you would be out of most school and graduate programs....and still driving a kids car?
QUOTE]

LOL when you get 26 lets see what you drive. In complete disregard to what you think is going to happen when you graduate high school or your local community college, companies WILL NOT be throwing money at you to graduate. Business and marketing degrees are saturated to the max.

Let me guess you are business/finance/etc?

We had a joke for those people, ask any engineer on the forum.
Originally Posted by Armin'sZ
The thing is 350z's are cheap so most of you guys have a standard job and make avg income. Yeah some of you guys are high up and $hit and money is not everything.

Standard job? Please... You will never be able to do what I do. EVER. Mark my fuking words little man.

Average Income? Let's compare W2's.

All the happiness in the world can't buy you money. Remember that **** you little **** monkey. Because when you are living in your $hit *** apartment, scraping by on what you thought was a mediocre car payment, you will think back to this day and cry.

And I love the taste of tears.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:48 PM
TittieZ

Honestly guys, I'm already bored with this conversation. You couldn't find anything else to ***** about about the car or finances, so you moved on to try and find pictures of me to ***** about what I look like? pathetic. You older gents really need to get a ****ing life.\

In the meantime, I'll enjoy being a young balling big tough guy. LMAO
So from what you're saying, people buy $180k cars (considering a 0% interest rate)? And you're driving an FX? You must be one of those 60k a year custodians you talk about...

Where I come from, people (and by people, I mean my immediate family) don't waste money financing cars. We save up and buy with cash.

IMO those who have enough money to drop $180k down the drain on a depreciating asset, aren't stupid enough to do so. Wealthy people are wealthy for a reason, they don't **** away their money.

Hahaha I see this kid going down in the near future.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

are you serious? 60k a year is NOTHING! I'm not sure how the cost of living is near you, but where I live, 60k is nothing.
What do YOU make?

I will scan and email my last W2 to a mod if you will.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...