Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DM4
Here you go.
Quit trying to brag or prove something, your stuff isn't that special. Also, don't post here asking for body shop suggestions because your daughter can't drive/park. We also don't want to here the best way to get questionable white stains out of her leather passenger seat.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:36 AM
billsrcursed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FinallyGotaG
here's a twist to the debate.

16 year old kid buys a 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD for 1500 bucks. Spends his money he saved from working odd jobs, fast food, retail, chores, etc...on mods to the car.

After a year or so of modding, the car is capable of running mid 12s in the quarter.

Is that the same as having a 350z? or G35?

Or is it the fact that someone who is under the age of 20 owning a car that is nicer than probably all of the older guys first cars the issue?

No need to talk shiit to me or try to flip it on me. Its just a question
Some may be jealous of kids having nice cars, my issues are mainly with the safety concerns, and of course the kids who claim they paid with their own money, blah blah blah.

Age has nothing to do with this at all, really. We have plenty of "youngins" who are fantastic contributors to this site.

I actually don't have a problem if a teenager decides to blow his life's earnings on a car, provided he maintains a healthy driving record and takes his urges to the track.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:59 AM
JBF

Lets be real here...

No one that's preaching what is right and what is wrong on this thread can say that they haven't done the "stop light to stop light" or canyon runs...or the occasional 100+ mph stretch on an open road.

I can admit I've done all of those...in the past two years. And I'll be 29 in June. lol

BUT...I have two paid off cars and a home that I owe half of appraisal value on. I guess that makes me responsible?
Old 02-01-2011, 02:05 AM
billsrcursed

Lets be real here...

No one that's preaching what is right and what is wrong on this thread can say that they haven't done the "stop light to stop light" or canyon runs...or the occasional 100+ mph stretch on an open road.

I can admit I've done all of those...in the past two years. And I'll be 29 in June. lol

BUT...I have two paid off cars and a home that I owe half of appraisal value on. I guess that makes me responsible?
No, street racing makes you irresponsible.

And I can honestly say I have not done those things since I was 18. I'm 31 now.

If and when I feel the need to prove my penor is bigger than someone else's by way of speed, I'll do it at the track.

But hey, that's just me...
Old 02-01-2011, 02:28 AM
Spork

Lets be real here...

Financial responsibility and societal responsibility are two separate things.

Do as you please, but don't encourage children, as their minds are more susceptible to wanting to look "cool."
Old 02-01-2011, 03:49 AM
JBF

If I'm grown up enough to take care of myself, I can make decisions on whether or not something is irresponsible.

How many times have you taken a pen from work?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:17 AM
gidiup

That's the best you got??
Old 02-01-2011, 08:19 AM
gidiup

Originally Posted by Figs350ZR
I was just proving to "PerfZ" that I was indeed in the right thread... according to the OP. NOW, if this thread has changed over the 400 or so pages, then that's not my fault, nor my concern. I guess y'all should've changed the subject or created another thread if the subject changed.

Did I upset you because I hurt your friend's feelings or yours or what? Give me a break and grow the F up!
Let the games begin....

Dude, Not your fault. You made a wrong turn into this thread. Just do a Ue and leave.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:22 AM
gidiup

Originally Posted by DM4

I don't quite understand why some of you guys are so hacked off about my daughter driving the car, unless of course you don't think she deserves it.
Cop'r for 2 years... What did she do to deserve it? Is your name cousin Eddie.

Last edited by gidiup; 02-01-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Spork

If I'm grown up enough to take care of myself, I can make decisions on whether or not something is irresponsible.

Not necessarily.

0 times. How many pens have I left at work? Many.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:03 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Umm, if you look, you'll see I've included the FIRST OP entry in THIS thread... I'm the one on the right threat... not you. Thanks for playing!
I was replying to your latest post in this thread - the one that indicates you were 16 in 1991. Not sure how you missed that since you are all about owning.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:05 PM
PerfZ

Originally Posted by Spork
Not necessarily.

0 times. How many pens have I left at work? Many.
I've taken a ton of pens home from work. but then I own the place so I guess it's ok.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Spork

Quit stealing your own pens!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:11 PM
PerfZ

I wish I owned a performance shop so I could steal something really useful.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with a previous poster (I'm too lazy to find who it was) who said they get upset about teenage drivers in RWD sports car for safety reasons. I'm not at all jealous. The simple fact is that someone who has only a couple years experience is not ready to handle a serious car yet. I almost wrecked my crumby little Prelude when I was 18. If I had a Z, I'd be dead.

Mainly, I just don't want some douchebag teenager to hit me because he thinks he's a race car driver.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Figs350ZR

Originally Posted by gidiup
Let the games begin....

Dude, Not your fault. You made a wrong turn into this thread. Just do a Ue and leave.
I think I have just as much "rights" as you to be in this thread whether I found this thread 400+ pages ago or just a few, so get off your high horse.

Originally Posted by PerfZ
I was replying to your latest post in this thread - the one that indicates you were 16 in 1991. Not sure how you missed that since you are all about owning.
Yes, you are right, I was 16 in 1991, and the OP posted saying to start at age 16. Not really sure how you missed that when I reposted it for y'all. As for the owning... I thought it was a funny emoticon and got a laugh out of it. Didn't think you'd take it so personal... my bad. I'll remember to "tread" lightly on here from now on if there are those that take comments a bit too personal.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:47 PM
PerfZ

I think I have just as much "rights" as you to be in this thread whether I found this thread 400+ pages ago or just a few, so get off your high horse.

Yes, you are right, I was 16 in 1991, and the OP posted saying to start at age 16. Not really sure how you missed that when I reposted it for y'all. As for the owning... I thought it was a funny emoticon and got a laugh out of it. Didn't think you'd take it so personal... my bad. I'll remember to "tread" lightly on here from now on if there are those that take comments a bit too personal.
There is absolutely nothing in this thread that I even remotely take personal, or in any thread for that matter. I'm at an age where all I'm looking for here is the entertainment value. I LMFAO at being told I was Given my current position in life, getting on a forum just cracks me up.
Maybe that's my senility showing through though.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Figs350ZR

There is absolutely nothing in this thread that I even remotely take personal, or in any thread for that matter. I'm at an age where all I'm looking for here is the entertainment value. I LMFAO at being told I was Given my current position in life, getting on a forum just cracks me up.
Maybe that's my senility showing through though.
I agree... that's why I put it in the first place... for humor. No hard feelings over here, rather a misunderstanding on both ends. Not trying to fight or anything on here... just clarifying, that's all.

As you can see from my list, I'm pretty partial to Z's and Nissan in general, so I've found this forum to be entertaining and useful at the same time. Never had things like this when I had my last Z.

Anyway... hope the storm doesn't hit y'all too hard up there in Ohio. Have a good one and stay warm!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:23 PM
billsrcursed

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
I agree with a previous poster (I'm too lazy to find who it was) who said they get upset about teenage drivers in RWD sports car for safety reasons. I'm not at all jealous. The simple fact is that someone who has only a couple years experience is not ready to handle a serious car yet. I almost wrecked my crumby little Prelude when I was 18. If I had a Z, I'd be dead.

Mainly, I just don't want some douchebag teenager to hit me because he thinks he's a race car driver.
It was me...

I'm fairly certain that's the consensus amongst adult drivers anyway, but for whatever reason, felt I should explain myself. That probably won't happen again in this thread, I'd rather ***** and complain about pups driving like pups...
Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
DM4

There is absolutely nothing in this thread that I even remotely take personal, or in any thread for that matter. :
I would have to disagree. You seem to have taken enough intrest in searching my previous posts, enough interest into questioning my purchase of an M3, even enough interest into how much it snows in NJ and if that snow falls on the roads, and enough interest into my daughter driving my 350 not to make it seem personal to you.

Let me ask, would it make adifference if she drove the 287HP Nissan or my 255HP Chrysler Pacifica?

What I really think is happening is that there are some in this forum who are upset and jealous that somone at the age of 16 is driving the same car that they, at a more advanced age, are driving. Get over it!

Just to add frosting to the cake my wife likes the new Aston-Martins, so there may be a new Aston in our garage when the M3 gets paid off in two years.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...