Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 04:16 AM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by antifungal
22 with a masters and a great job? Did you start school when you were 16???

No **** you don't buy a new car. I just said $90k bc that about the average of a fairly new but used Gtr, 911, z06..

Yea I live at home. I don't care what some girl thinks about that lol.

But lets be honest. If you have money for a gtr or 911 ~90k, live on your own, then I highly doubt you paid for your schooling and you probably work for dads company. No need to give me life experience tips, doubt your much more experienced than I am. Be grateful you have the fundings for a dream car for many. Maybe one day I will also.

Off topic but I can just tell by the way you 'brag' that you can afford a 90k car you are secretly cheap. You just strike me as the guy who would leave 5% on a $50 bill
Too be honest everytime someone brags about what degree they have or how much they make on the internet I believe the complete opposite.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:35 AM
antifungal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jah70
Too be honest everytime someone brags about what degree they have or how much they make on the internet I believe the complete opposite.
Thank you..

I also have a degree and would love to get my masters.

Stuart you criticize me for living at home yet you drive an auto Z.. Time to get your priorities straightened sir.

I think girls get more wet over a 22 year old driving stick than a 22 year old living on his own.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:42 PM
NissanZguy

Before spending money on a car I would focus on getting funds together to live on my own especially after age 21.

Sorry dude, just cause a grown *** men live with there parents on MTV doesn't make it cool. Your chances of getting laid increase by 50% by having your own pad..just say'n.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:13 PM
sambo

The GTR is so boring man. The 350 and 370 you get more joy out of owning than the GTR. A porsche (except the panerama or that stupid suv they made) will be a good choice. They even put some ***** on the boxster recently and now it's respectable. The GTR is a good example of why you should never meet your heros because I've been disappointed by it and appreciated my Z33 more.
i see what you mean. I havent driven the Gtr i will have to see for myself one day. The Z33 is a good car, just now for 2013 it has become a lower bracket car. since im moving up in age and etc id like to move up in my cars in a nicer bracket.

not many choices really but the porsche you cant go wrong. There are the bmw M's or amgs.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:17 PM
antifungal

Originally Posted by NissanZguy
Before spending money on a car I would focus on getting funds together to live on my own especially after age 21.

Sorry dude, just cause a grown *** men live with there parents on MTV doesn't make it cool. Your chances of getting laid increase by 50% by having your own pad..just say'n.
Wut.

You're saying I should spend at least $800-1000 a month to feed myself and live on my own just to increase my chances of getting laid???!!! Lmao spend $12000 a year to increase my chances of getting laid hahah. Way to put the ***** on the pedestal.

Im quite happy with my sex life and it's not the only thing on my mind but I guess I'll take the ***** sacrifice and live at home with my family until I'm financially ready to move out. Didn't know life was a race.

Also I'd prefer the Gtr over a Porsche just for the fact that it really is a rare car. At least where I live.

Last edited by antifungal; 05-07-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread never fails to deliver the retards.

No one here has or is going to have a $90k dollar GTR. Especially if you live at home. Stop being failures.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Jah70

Originally Posted by NissanZguy

Going to a party college will double that lol
Old 05-07-2013, 05:29 PM
grimm66

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys do realize that this car is now old, cheap to buy, and very easy to find?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:09 PM
antifungal

Originally Posted by grimm66
You guys do realize that this car is now old, cheap to buy, and very easy to find?
Although you can buy a beat up Z for well under 15k.. At age 17 you should be saving up to move out, buying a house and retiring. If you have a spare 20k then maybe buy a Z.

The common logic here is, buy at least 3 cars worth 3000 each to show that you really earned it
Old 05-08-2013, 04:58 AM
Jah70

Although you can buy a beat up Z for well under 15k.. At age 17 you should be saving up to move out, buying a house and retiring. If you have a spare 20k then maybe buy a Z.

The common logic here is, buy at least 3 cars worth 3000 each to show that you really earned it
People can get loans to finance getting cars too. But i'm not sure if someone at 17 can get a loan or not unless and adult takes it in their name.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:12 AM
antifungal

People can get loans to finance getting cars too. But i'm not sure if someone at 17 can get a loan or not unless and adult takes it in their name.
Lol I was jk
Old 05-08-2013, 06:02 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank you..

Stuart you criticize me for living at home yet you drive an auto Z.. Time to get your priorities straightened sir.

I think girls get more wet over a 22 year old driving stick than a 22 year old living on his own.
Guess a lot has changed in the 30 years since I have been in my 20's lol. I've got 2 daughters around you age and your statement would not apply to either of them - or any of their friends for that matter.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:12 AM
Jah70

Thank you..

Honestly, girls today don't care about either. When I was home from college during summers when I lived at my dad's house I brought back girls all the time and they could care less that I lived with my dad back then. And I'm pretty sure almost 95% of girls don't know anything about cars so they don't even know what stick shift is.

Last edited by Jah70; 05-08-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:45 AM
NissanZguy

Wut.

You're saying I should spend at least $800-1000 a month to feed myself and live on my own just to increase my chances of getting laid???!!! Lmao spend $12000 a year to increase my chances of getting laid hahah. Way to put the ***** on the pedestal.

Im quite happy with my sex life and it's not the only thing on my mind but I guess I'll take the ***** sacrifice and live at home with my family until I'm financially ready to move out. Didn't know life was a race.

Also I'd prefer the Gtr over a Porsche just for the fact that it really is a rare car. At least where I live.

Children live at home with mommy and daddy because they cant support themselves. A grown *** man should be able to support himself or he IS NOT A MAN HE IS STILL A CHILD. Just because your parents have the means doesn't mean you should take advantage of it.

Your 22!, your a grown *** man! wtf is wrong with you? By the time your ready to move out the cost of living will have doubled. You need to break the cycle of dependency now while your still young, its not healthy, and it will actually lead to sub-conscience resentment toward your parents.

Good luck kid.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It should be made clear that living at home while you attend college is fine. However, using the money you save to make yourself car-poor instead of paying for tuition or reimbursing your parents for feeding and sheltering you is a douche move.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Jah70

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
It should be made clear that living at home while you attend college is fine. However, using the money you save to make yourself car-poor instead of paying for tuition or reimbursing your parents for feeding and sheltering you is a douche move.
I hope that doesn't apply to me lol. I always helped out around the house every chance I get and me and my father were like brothers or best friends instead of father and son. Like seriously, we would go to bars before I even turned 21 every summer and pickup women in his age bracket lol and I tried to dress and act like I was in my 30s. I think it was a douche move on my part to leave because now he has no one to hangout with since I decided to travel around on my own and my mom passed away years ago.

Last edited by Jah70; 05-08-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:40 PM
pangoman

The GTR is so boring man. The 350 and 370 you get more joy out of owning than the GTR. A porsche (except the panerama or that stupid suv they made) will be a good choice. They even put some ***** on the boxster recently and now it's respectable. The GTR is a good example of why you should never meet your heros because I've been disappointed by it and appreciated my Z33 more.
This is the DUMBEST post that I've read in a very long time!
Old 05-08-2013, 02:41 PM
antifungal

So I was faced with a dilemma. Buy a Z for 19k or save that money for a years rent. Are you guys not close with your families?

Again until I'm financially stable. Ill be living with mom and dad. You guys are too americanized
Old 05-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Jah70

Originally Posted by pangoman
This is the DUMBEST post that I've read in a very long time!
Drive a cayman or a 911 then drive the gtr. You will be disappointed.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:42 PM
pangoman

Drive a cayman or a 911 then drive the gtr. You will be disappointed.
I have walked a Cayman S in my Z, it doesn't even deserve to be in the same sentence with a GTR. Unless the 911 is a turbo or turbo S then it doesn't stand a chance against a GTR.

The new GTR runs between $99k - $110k. The new 911 turbo is about $150k while the turbo s is almost $200k.

GTR spanks either 0 - 60 as well as around the Nurburgring.

What's boring about that?

Before you say anything else, I do have access to both vehicles and I would hands down take the GTR between the 2 all day, every day.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...