Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spdtckts
so are they not still paying for it?
I was correcting your previous statement that they saved for it like adults. Beats me if they are paying for it or not.

For the most part I think the majority of teens on here are full of $hit. It's funny how many little embellishments and outright lies they make on here and get called out on. You will find there are quite a few of us "old folks" that really don't like the new teens on here because of this. It gets old seeing the same old bull$hit spewing from the mouths of every new teen on here.

Good job serving. I tried out for Navy Nuke when I was 24 but got turned down because of my feet. So at least I tried to get in, does that give me the right to b!tch?
Old 02-23-2008, 01:45 PM
spdtckts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its not up to me who gets rights to do what ever. i know my statement came that off that way. i apologize its late here and i just get frustrated seeing posts like this. While me being a teen still and everyone spewing their single track minded opinions because they own a car that some one younger also owns. cant we all just get along!? do you go to Z days(is that what it's called?) and go tell the younger people they are stupid? i get that stupid kids come on here trying to be billy badass. Trust me i deal with it daily and im going to war with the same kind of people.

thank you for letting me spout off and i hope everyone understands my point as i now understand theirs.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:51 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is it hug time now?
Old 02-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by spdtckts
its not up to me who gets rights to do what ever. i know my statement came that off that way. i apologize its late here and i just get frustrated seeing posts like this. While me being a teen still and everyone spewing their single track minded opinions because they own a car that some one younger also owns. cant we all just get along!? do you go to Z days(is that what it's called?) and go tell the younger people they are stupid? i get that stupid kids come on here trying to be billy badass. Trust me i deal with it daily and im going to war with the same kind of people.

thank you for letting me spout off and i hope everyone understands my point as i now understand theirs.
I actually sold my Z and G coupe a few years ago, I'm just here for the entertainment

I'm going to ZdayZ this year. If some kid acts stupid I'll probably let him know. They just better not be any teens trying to drink my beer.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by onedirtyz
is it hug time now?
Yeah... go into that dark room over there, and lay down. I'll be right in.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:57 PM
spdtckts

yes dirty its hug time lol. its almost pass out drunk time as well (central European time 12am started at 5pm) gota love German alcohol.should i start a group buy on absinthe lol
Old 02-23-2008, 01:58 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

ooooooh i want some absinthe... ive never tried it. had a friend who used to make it here, but that was back in high school and i was a little scared to try it haha.
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Yeah... go into that dark room over there, and lay down. I'll be right in.
papa hraes..
Old 02-23-2008, 02:00 PM
spdtckts

its actually pretty hard to find here as well. i gota find that one guy who is selling it on the side of the road in idar oberstien
Old 02-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

I recently found out I have this massive pile of Wormwood growing in my backyard.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:47 PM
marhot

I recently found out I have this massive pile of Wormwood growing in my backyard.

Ah, another lost soul succumbs to the Green Fairy.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by marhot
Ah, another lost soul succumbs to the Green Fairy.
Maybe I'll make some for my 4th of July party this year. You ought to come down and try some!

*Tragic day in Columbia, SC. 50 people were found floating face down in a pool apparently from an absinthe overdose.*
Old 02-23-2008, 03:02 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

*while mr jeffrey sits in a lawn chair laughing maniacally*
Old 02-23-2008, 03:03 PM
marhot

Maybe I'll make some for my 4th of July party this year. You ought to come down and try some!

*Tragic day in Columbia, SC. 50 people were found floating face down in a pool apparently from an absinthe overdose.*
Thank you, sir. But I must decline your gracious invitation.

That evil elixir is my bane, from which I must refrain.
However, if I am ever down your way I will allow you to buy me a Cheerwine.
My allowed vice – Cheerwine, the Nectar of the Carolinas.

I leave you with this:

Sonnet de l'Absinthe

Absinthe, O my lively liquor,
It seems, when I drink you
I inhale the young forest's soul
During the beautiful green season.

Your perfume disconcerts me
And in your opalescence
I see the full heavens of yore,
As through an open gate.

What matter, O refuge of the damned,
That you a vain paradise be,
If you appease my need;

And if, before I enter the gate,
You make me put up with life,
By accustoming me to death.

~ Raoul Ponchon
Old 02-23-2008, 03:26 PM
nealio

Well, I turned 20 today.(technically not a teen anymore----haha suckers!----just a joke, don't take that too seriously...but i did buy the car as a teen) Been a proud owner of a 2004 Z for about 8 months.
I got a 1994 Toyota Camry when i was 17---died 2005. Bought a 1994 Honda Accord EX-Sold after high school, financed 9k on a Z after 1 year in college and paid out the rest(12k). I worked all during high school and summers. Thanks to not having to pay for rent/food/ etc, I could save the money. (Thanks mom and dad). I wanted a 300zx but insurance costs didn't permit it while in school and thought i should save my money for a little better, more reliable car that is a bit newer. I got bunch of lucky breaks for summer jobs. Kayaking outfitters are great to work for, and you earn a lot....but you work hard. Worked in retail in high school, saved every bit. Worked on helicopters(radio control), earned the service money on the side.

Parent's said they couldn't do much more than 5k for a car(needed a newer car to take to school and was looking at buying a newer car in the first place), so I took on the challenge. I pay the difference(4k of 9) to buy my dream car.I pay the difference in insurance costs and running costs of a Z compared to the accord. I didn't want to pay for the car fully, seeing as something might happen where i need a little of that extra savings I have. I was also looking at establishing a credit for paying back an auto loan.

If you want to save a bit on insurance, take a defensive driving course, get good grades(if applicable-students*) and don't do stupid **** like 120mph on big public highways...there are tracks for that kind of stuff.
Autocross gets all that fast out of my system. I enjoy keeping the car clean and maintained. All the little things are just fun.

I understand your dislike for these kids who were just given cars and don't appreciate their Z's. But for those who did put a little work into accomplishing this feat of purchasing a Z, give a little respect. I totally understand that most people are in a situation that I am in. I just enjoy driving and everything about the Z33. Getting in the Z after a long day just slaps a big grin across my face. That is why I will financially put myself in situation where a owe a little on a car, but what a car. If any of you were in the same position, I think you would do the same. If not, call me crazy..(has happened before).

And yes, I have a girlfriend(to keep me grounded in reality) and am full time university student, working. It's a lot of work, for a lot of fun. So I am not spending my entire life working to keep the Z and just the Z.
I say this because I hear a lot of the, why don't you get a girlfriend, you have to much time...
In the end, I love the Z and the community that supports them. To those of you who think this is just a big "justification" of my Z, It is. I just happened to be lucky. It's like people who have grave dislike for lottery winners.....they are just lucky-- why let that affect my life, big deal.

Congrats to all of you who have put forth the effort into purchasing your Z's. We are all bit lucky to even have one. Let us all just get along.....

Last edited by nealio; 02-23-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Horrible grammar :(
Old 02-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

^ holy $hit that was a long read!

BTW no one deserves respect for what they own/can buy.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:34 PM
spdtckts

that was a super read! super long is what i ment by that. i should really thank you all for paying for my Z! so thank you American citizens! lol
Old 02-23-2008, 03:38 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

nealio--you sound like a decent guy. i approve.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:31 PM
omgorin

Originally Posted by onedirtyz
nealio--you sound like a decent guy. i approve.
x2 on that.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by omgorin
x2 on that.
Sorry, your opinion doesn't count till you've been here a year.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:06 PM
omgorin

Sorry, your opinion doesn't count till you've been here a year.

But I haven't had my Z that long

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...