Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Second Impressions (~700 miles)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 01:52 PM
stungeon
Charter Member #63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Second Impressions (~700 miles)

Love it more and more every day. The more curves I take the more impressed I am. The car feels so substantial and it really sticks. It has more power than I will ever need. My guess is that every third person I pass stares. I am sure that will change when there are a few more Zs around here.

Other than the BOSE system I can't find much to complain about. I have only accidentally hit the seat warmer once. I don't think that will be a problem for me. The only thing that I can think to complain about is the depth of the sunglass holder. LOL! You have to have some really small glasses to fit in there.

I did notice a little drop of what looks to be gray paint on one of my wheels. It looks like to will come off with a little bit of work. It was shipped that way. Everything else is sweet! I installed a K&N filter on day one.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:01 PM
ballz

Default Re: Second Impressions (~700 miles)

Originally posted by stungeon
Love it more and more every day. The more curves I take the more impressed I am. The car feels so substantial and it really sticks. It has more power than I will ever need. My guess is that every third person I pass stares. I am sure that will change when there are a few more Zs around here.

Other than the BOSE system I can't find much to complain about. I have only accidentally hit the seat warmer once. I don't think that will be a problem for me. The only thing that I can think to complain about is the depth of the sunglass holder. LOL! You have to have some really small glasses to fit in there.

I did notice a little drop of what looks to be gray paint on one of my wheels. It looks like to will come off with a little bit of work. It was shipped that way. Everything else is sweet! I installed a K&N filter on day one.
Did the K&N filter make any difference in the sound of teh exhaust?
Old 09-04-2002, 02:02 PM
pakman

Do you have the Touring model? If so, how is the Bose system?
Old 09-04-2002, 02:04 PM
LA-Z

The drop of grey paint is on everyone's wheels, and all of them, check closely. Seems like it is there for a reason...weird.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:17 PM
stungeon
Charter Member #63

I installed the K&N right away. I was taking it so easy that there was no way to realize a difference. So, I can't say.

Yes, I have a touring model and the Bose system stinks. I believe that it would be a little better if we could dissable the auto-volume feature, or whatever it's called. It does sound a little better if you fade it all the way to the front speakers. I am going to pull it as soon as I can find a dash kit.

I have noticed a grey dot on my other wheels but this one wheel looks like the grey ran a little bit.

One other thing I noticed is that the metal part on the 6 speed shifter gets hot as hell in direct sunlight. That sucks when you need to back out of a spot and have to push down to hit reverse. Might need to wear a right hand glove during the summer months.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:44 PM
airgate

Congrats on your Z! Wish I lived close enough to check her out!

Sounds like you're enjoying her! You have any plans on September 14th? The S2000's have an annual meet "DragonBall Run" and we have 65+ S2000's and well over 100 enthusiasts. It would be great if you could join in.

Let me know. PM me and I'll get you my contact info.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:52 PM
J Ritt

Stungeon...i found out about the hot shift **** the hard way yesterday...I have a little 6 gate pattern burned in my palm...I kind of look like that sketchy dude from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

ps Every other person stares...not every third...get it together man!
Old 09-04-2002, 03:18 PM
Kahanakyu

Might need to wear a right hand glove during the summer months.
Yeah, bring the Michael Jackson look back. You're wearing a silver glitter one rigft?
Old 09-05-2002, 06:38 AM
stungeon
Charter Member #63

Hi airgate,

Thanks for the invitation but I will be playing in a baseball tourney that weekend. I hope to head up that way later in September for some fun. I hope you guys have great time.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:34 AM
pakman

Since the stock system sucks, do you think it would be difficult to replace it with an aftermarket system? Such as replacing the 10" sub with another 10" sub?
Old 09-05-2002, 07:46 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

I took the grey dots off all my wheels: you can actually pry/scrape them off and the whole thing will peel right off and leave the underlying surface pristine. It must be some marking at the factory, but it looks like it's designed to be temporary.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:59 AM
nizl

Originally posted by stungeon
Might need to wear a right hand glove during the summer months.
Like Michael Jackson!

Hey, maybe we can get white sequin gloves with "My350Z" on them!
Old 09-05-2002, 08:10 AM
HEUGE
Charter Member #40

I believe that the paint marks are to mark the max weight point on the tires when flat before they are mounted on the rims. Otherwise I would assume that they are there for on-wheel balancing.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:12 AM
Phi-1002-

Originally posted by pakman
Since the stock system sucks, do you think it would be difficult to replace it with an aftermarket system? Such as replacing the 10" sub with another 10" sub?
Just FYI,

Subwoofer open volume may be why you don't like the bass kick of your sub so, replacing the 10" sub w/ another may not be a viable option to improve sound quality. Replacing with another would still give you the same volume condition.

It's all about packaging in new vehicles. Sub performance takes up lots of volume.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:21 AM
stungeon
Charter Member #63

Well personally I think it's more about this paticular BOSE system than anything else. It's just not a very nice system. I am going to replace it as soon as a dash kit comes out. I will replace the sub too. I might need to do some work on the sub compartment. I don't need anything extravagant, just a nice clean sound.