Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Got my Z 2 days early! Impressions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 05:45 AM
ericn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Got my Z 2 days early! Impressions...

Hello all,

I drove 140 miles last night to pick up my Daytona Blue Touring 6spd. Incredibly enough, I had a choice between the one I bought and a Silver Track.

IMHO, the leather in the touring is top notch. While the Cloth in the Track didn't seem to be quite up to par. I prefer leather, so I am biased.

The Wheels and Brakes on the track are much more impressive in person than any picture shows. They just scream SPORTSCAR. That, I will miss in the touring!

As to the notorious BOSE system, I wrote in an earlier post that the system would be fine for the majority of owners. I stand corrected. This sound system is very bad. That's all I can say.

Ultimately, I went with the touring because I loved the Daytona Blue/Frost color combo as well as the leather.

Anyway, to the important part...The drive home. WOW! This car has an incredibly smooth powerband. Everyone talks about the "linear powerband", but you have to experience it. Although, I didn't go past 4k rpms, It still has quite a bit of torque across the line. I can't wait to get on it. Handling was exceptional. Very predictive feel. Very tight.

Unfortunately, I had to drive home at night through a very sparsley populated area. One word - BUGS! They were everyware. I would hear them hit constantly. I was afraid that when I got home you wouldn't see the front end for all the bugs.

My point to that rambling is: The paint held up very well. I got up this morning and washed her before work (My wife thought I was crazy. I am not a morning person)

What ever they had the car waxed/polished with did its job. The bugs came off with just the hose.

BTW - This dealership, D. Patrick Nissan in Evansville, IN, still has the Silver Track at MSRP with a $99 DOC Fee. The buyer for my car and the Track backed out.

To all that are waiting, don't worry, it's worth the wait!

Eric
Old 09-05-2002, 05:50 AM
daytona350z

nice to see members are getting theirs early.
can you post pics of your car? i would really like to see daytona blue/frost because that is what i ordered.
thanks
hope you enjoy the car, actually i know you will enjoy the car...
Old 09-05-2002, 06:13 AM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

It's a shame you can't get the Track brakes/rims with leather from the factory. I have no intention of actually racing but I just like the look of the Track wheels better. In the end I had to chose Touring because of the leather - my wife smokes and the last car I got with cloth seats looked like someone set off a box of sparklers. The leather of my Tahoe has held up nicely in contrast.
I believe we'll see a Track with leather option in the future (from the factory and not dealer installed)
Old 09-05-2002, 06:24 AM
Turcoupe

I would like to know if the leather installed by the dealer will be of the same quality as the factory and if so what Nissan will be charging for that. Will they also be able to integrate the heating units in each seat?

Last edited by Turcoupe; 09-05-2002 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-05-2002, 06:27 AM
Turcoupe

I ordered a 6 spd touring and I have no regrets. The touring rims look almost as sporty as the track ones. They look way better than the infiniti's 6 spokers. Droidekaus set my mind at ease when he posted this bad boy up.....<A HREF="http://www.waynewmedia.com/350Z/downlow.htm">350z w/touring 6 spoke wheels</A>
Old 09-05-2002, 06:29 AM
Bishop_Tx

Default Leather in the track

But you can get leather in the track - as I've done.
Nissan has made the Touring options, all of them, available for the Track model as official kits.

yes the dealer installs them, but it's still all official equipment and warranteed the same.

That's what I've done with my track -- add all of the Touring option -- leather and stereo etc.

Chris
Austin, Tx
Chrome Silver Track
All the options, all of them...
Old 09-05-2002, 06:31 AM
Turcoupe

How much does did your grand total come to Bishop? Do you know what the break down was for the leather, stereo, etc. Do they still give you heated seats, power seats, etc.?

Last edited by Turcoupe; 09-05-2002 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-05-2002, 06:34 AM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yah, but you still dont get the heated seats or power seats oh and the AWSOME Bose stereo
Old 09-05-2002, 06:50 AM
ericn

Default More Considerations

1. None of us made a bad decision!

2. The Touring 18s and brakes are still pretty damn good.

3. I have NEVER seen after market leather that looked as good as factory. You can probably get great after market leather - But, at what price?

4. If I decide to get more serious about racing (I autocross now), I can upgrade wheels, Brakes at any time. A supercharger would probably come first for me.

Eric
Old 09-05-2002, 07:01 AM
Bishop_Tx

Default Extras

The total price for my track was over 42K...still MSRP too, I didn't pay over that.

The options I got are pretty extensive.
DVD Navigation System
Side Air Bags & Head Curtains
Aluminum Kick Plates
Floor Mats
Splash Guards
Trunk Mat
Touring Leather
Touring Stereo + speaker pkg
Touring mirrors
Courtesy net
Official 350Z Car Cover
Lifetime Window Tint

The leather option is just as good as the Touring from the factory, that I gurantee. The fact that the seats aren't heated or electric are a plus for me. For one I live in south Texas and heated seats are not needed - ever. The electric feature is also a non issue - I'm over 6'2" and will have the seats all the way back. Once I get them in the right area they won't move.

Chris
Austin, Tx
Chrome Silver Track
All the options
Old 09-05-2002, 09:33 AM
ericn

Default Bishop...

Sounds like an awsome car! The Silver Track I saw last night looked great Do you already have it?

I wish I could have gotten my Touring with no stereo.

Good luck!

Eric
Old 09-05-2002, 09:36 AM
Bishop_Tx

Default Just got the call

Got the call at 12:30PM CST...It's here, on the truck with four others. Will take two days before it's ready, but should make for a great weekend.

Chris
Old 09-05-2002, 09:44 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just got the call

Originally posted by Bishop_Tx
Got the call at 12:30PM CST...It's here, on the truck with four others. Will take two days before it's ready, but should make for a great weekend.

Chris
Congrats! One thing though. You really, REALLY should not have that Bose system installed. TRUST ME and a couple of dozen other people here and on zcar.com. It is seriously f*cked up.
Old 09-05-2002, 11:40 AM
Chris S

Default Re: Leather in the track

Originally posted by Bishop_Tx
That's what I've done with my track -- add all of the Touring option -- leather and stereo etc.

Chris
Austin, Tx
Chrome Silver Track
All the options, all of them...

Why would you pay extra to add the Blose stereo?
Old 09-05-2002, 12:22 PM
Boomer

Default Bose

What is wrong with the Bose system in the Z? I ordered a Touring, so I will be getting the 240W version. Please be specific, I have owned 2 cars with Bose without having any specific complaints. My wife's 99 Maxima has a Bose system; its ok, not as good as my home system of course, but passable and I have no plans to get rid of it.

Boomer
BR/FR/AT