2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan Employee Apparently Liked My Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:06 PM
370zforme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Employee Apparently Liked My Car

DISCLAIMER: This may turn into a rant!

So I had the tire pressure light on in my 2008 Nismo Z and stopped by Nissan to see if they could turn it off for me. I bring it there and everything is going great until the tech who was to look at it comes up to me speaking in Spanish! I can speak some Spanish but defiantly not enough to communicate with the guy so I try explaining in English to him what the problem is. After I explain what I need to be checked he starts telling me that I need to buy tire pressure sensors and how the old ones probably melted inside of my wheel (They aren't even in there). I try to kindly tell him that I just need them to take a look at the light and the guy starts to take an attitude with me! He starts going on and on about how stupid it is to not have the sensors and I kept trying to tell him that I bought the car like that! So he finally understands after about 7 minutes of conversation and takes my car to the garage. I have had issues before with Nissan scraping the side of my side skirt so I watched this time and everything seemed to be fine. So as I am watching from behind the glass in the waiting room, I see him get in my car, start it up and take off! About 20 minutes pass and I see my car pull in. I was furious by this time and had already told a manager about what had happened. We walk out to the tech and he tries to say that he needed to make sure that the light wouldn't go back on or something stupid like that. Of course the manager sides with the employee and I am asked to leave. No damage was done to the car that I can see but the light was turned off. This just kind of infuriated me considering that my consent wasn't given and that he felt the need to cruise in my car when most test drives are 10 minutes, if that. What would you guys have done? Sorry for the rant

Last edited by 370zforme; 05-06-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Whoops wrong section! Can a mod please move this to the Nismo section or wherever it is fit?
Old 05-06-2011, 02:13 PM
pcressey

Let me guess... Universal City Nissan...

My friend took his Z there, and the "tech" (that barely spoke English) pulled his car into the multi-level garage... so we followed him... he drove to the top level and was revving the hell out of the car. My friend went berserk and almost laid hands on the guy; told management... they did nothing.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

well.... The computer runs tests that determine if things are operating properly. If he tuned your light out, he would need to drive it for xx amount of miles to see if it comes back on.

And for the record, when you turned over the keys for them to diagnose and fix your complaint, thats enough consent for them to take your car out for a test drive.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:18 PM
370zforme

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness
well.... The computer runs tests that determine if things are operating properly. If he tuned your light out, he would need to drive it for xx amount of miles to see if it comes back on.

And for the record, when you turned over the keys for them to diagnose and fix your complaint, thats enough consent for them to take your car out for a test drive.
Yes, I am vaguely aware of this. I wouldn't have had a problem with the test drive itself although I wish that I would've checked how many miles I had before I turned over the keys. I just think that he had a little bit more of a joy ride than a test drive is all.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:26 PM
1GR8350Z

What makes you so sure that he was joyriding?
Old 05-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Kcee91

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's terrible service and how the guy gave you an attitude. Once I get enough money, I'll pick up a Cobb AP and get the valet map, so nothing happens! Anyways, sorry you had a bad experience.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:09 PM
hellsoldiers08

lol or you can be smart and get uprev. kcee91. if you havent noticed cobb doesnt support the 350z and the 370z(not a 100% on the 370z).
Old 05-06-2011, 04:19 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^^

http://www.cobbtuning.com/categories/?id=3072
Old 05-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Zing!

Check your multi display(if thats what its called) i ALWAYS reset the mpg/avg mph guage before i turn the keys over...and my good friend does all my service
Old 05-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Armando

Thats messed up man. I would call immigration and let them take his *** back
Old 05-06-2011, 04:59 PM
m808six

Default Haha

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
What makes you so sure that he was joyriding?
Because his English was poor!!?!? Haha

Jkjk
Old 05-06-2011, 07:00 PM
erickblex10

Originally Posted by Armando
Thats messed up man. I would call immigration and let them take his *** back
That's fu**** up sir.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:15 PM
shakuya88

All you have to do is drive it above 14 mph, even for a sec and it will come on if it's going to, a spin around the building with do that. 20 min he was joy riding thinking he was cool.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:51 AM
TJ_Max

I can see your point to an extent, what he did wrong was approach you speaking spanish. That's completely unprofessional, and against most Human Resource guidelines at work ANYWAY, lol. I honestly don't think he did anything to warrant you getting upset or speaking to the manager over, aside from him speaking Spanish. I'm a BMW tech, my first month on the job I had to reset a customer's light after correctly inflating tire pressures, I did that, drove it 100 ft, light went off and I handed the keys back the the Valet. Guess who was in my service Manager's office with a flat tire to ream us a new ******* because I didn't completely ensure she had no air leaks or even road test the vehicle. Tires and tire pressure monitors are a SAFETY concern, lesson learned for me as a tech, ALWAYS road test the vehicle and make absolutely SURE the system is operating normally. (She had a loose valve stem by the way...And I lost a $500 Customer Service Bonus over the 0 she gave me on the survey. ) I don't care if its gonna take me 2 minutes or 20 minutes, as long as i'm certain I verified my repairs. You should be happy. At this point, nothing on your car is damaged, and no evidence of a joyride even happened other than your wait time.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:43 PM
370zforme

That is a good point but I am a little disappointed that the light came on a week after getting it done. Sorry to hear about that man. I didn't give a name cause I didn't get his I just told the manager about my experience and was kind of wondering where my car went. Best of luck to you!
Old 05-07-2011, 03:15 PM
myork

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Why would you not expect the light to come back on? You already stated that you dont have the sensors installed in the wheels:

Originally Posted by 370zforme
I bring it there and everything is going great until the tech who was to look at it comes up to me speaking in Spanish! I can speak some Spanish but defiantly not enough to communicate with the guy so I try explaining in English to him what the problem is. After I explain what I need to be checked he starts telling me that I need to buy tire pressure sensors and how the old ones probably melted inside of my wheel (They aren't even in there). I try to kindly tell him that I just need them to take a look at the light and the guy starts to take an attitude with me! He starts going on and on about how stupid it is to not have the sensors and I kept trying to tell him that I bought the car like that!
The system is working exactly as designed. You were just too busy getting all butt hurt that the tech spoke to you in Spanish (the HORROR!) to comprehend what he was telling you.

Buy some TPMS sensors, have them installed, and STFU.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Loomis

I would have told Pedro he's in America. I'll be back when you learn the language.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:56 PM
dcastillo819

I know the the tire sensors did not melted inside the wheels. Because you said the light was on and after the tech got done the light was off. That means that you were low on air in one or more tires and he filled them up to the proper 35psi. Meaning its now working properly. You just need to go to the autoparts store and buy yourself a tire gauge. Find out which tire is low then take it to a tire shop and tell them which tire is low so they can look for a nail since you said the light came back on again. Or just go buy yourself a tire patch kit and DIY and just STFU and stop putting dumb a$$ threads on the forum. Its called a owners manual, READ it. And BTW the only time there is any problem with the TPMS is if the tire light is flashing at you right after you start your car. But if it is just stays solid on then its just a low tire.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:24 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you should've known they were going to test it to make sure the light wouldn't come back on. but that's not cool how he drove it around for that long, wasting gas nonetheless.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:34 PM
bottlefedZ

Originally Posted by myork
Why would you not expect the light to come back on? You already stated that you dont have the sensors installed in the wheels:

The system is working exactly as designed. You were just too busy getting all butt hurt that the tech spoke to you in Spanish (the HORROR!) to comprehend what he was telling you.

Buy some TPMS sensors, have them installed, and STFU.

Quick Reply: Nissan Employee Apparently Liked My Car