Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Carrying a firearm in your Z??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Z_HighSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love people who talk about gun laws as if they have ever lived on the other side of the fence.

If you grew up in a culture that allows you to own, discharge and carry guns for personal protection you will have one of two opinions on the matter.

If you grew up in a culture that does not allow you to own, discharge or carry guns for any reason (other than collection sometimes) you will only have one opinion on the matter (majority).

Thankfully I lived in both types of cultures and I would absolutely prefer to have the ability to own and carry a gun for whatever reason I choose, especially protection.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:22 AM
fgtex

G27 on me in a concealed holster on short trips. Long trips, its on the passenger seat, covered by a hat or shirt, just to be comfortable.

edit: Since I have the roadster, I try to never leave it in the car.

Last edited by fgtex; 05-22-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Amirs350z

Originally Posted by fgtex
G27 on me in a concealed holster on short trips. Long trips, its on the passenger seat, covered by a hat or shirt, just to be comfortable.

edit: Since I have the roadster, I try to never leave it in the car.
I haven't lived in Texas for almost 8 years, can you wear it on your person on a holster while you're in a vehicle? I'd do that to avoid any chance of leaving it in the car.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Sor

Originally Posted by Bumble Z
damn canadians ever occur to u some of us are actually law enforcement... besides its our 2nd amendment right to bare arms you fools... get an army then talk.. till then keep hiding..
Haha, thats pretty funny. That amendment was proposed back in 1789. You idiots need to smarten up and stop living under a rock. The British aren't invading your land anymore, relax.

It's pathetic that we still need to argue (with Americans mostly, mind you) that no, its not OK to give people a weapon that is specifically designed to kill people with just a pull of a trigger.

Last edited by Sor; 05-22-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Z_HighSpeed

Originally Posted by Sor
Haha, thats pretty funny. That amendment was proposed back in 1789. You idiots need to smarten up and stop living under a rock. The British aren't invading your land anymore, relax.

Its pathetic that we still need to argue (with Americans mostly, mind you) that no, its not OK to give people a weapon that is specifically designed to kill people with just a pull of a trigger.
Must be nice to have that mind set.

Let me know when vehicles and knives get added to that list.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:16 AM
fgtex

Originally Posted by Amirs350z
...can you wear it on your person on a holster while you're in a vehicle? ...
With a CHL you can.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Z_HighSpeed

Old 05-22-2011, 11:42 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by Sor
It's pathetic that we still need to argue (with Americans mostly, mind you) that no, its not OK to give people a weapon that is specifically designed to kill people with just a pull of a trigger.
It's pathetic you Canadians feel the need to argue an issue which doesn't concern you.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Amirs350z

Gun control, lulz. The **** they teach kids in school nowadays.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:41 PM
cmcurran5

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sor

i love that it pisses off other countries that we like to celebrate and keep the laws passed when we were first established. no one wants to jump down your throat that canada is still all about hockey and crappy beer.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:44 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Novesh
I love people who talk about gun laws as if they have ever lived on the other side of the fence.

If you grew up in a culture that allows you to own, discharge and carry guns for personal protection you will have one of two opinions on the matter.

If you grew up in a culture that does not allow you to own, discharge or carry guns for any reason (other than collection sometimes) you will only have one opinion on the matter (majority).

Thankfully I lived in both types of cultures and I would absolutely prefer to have the ability to own and carry a gun for whatever reason I choose, especially protection.
Good post. You hit the nail right on the head.

I also agree that I would rather have the option or ability to own and carry a gun.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:46 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by cmcurran5
i love that it pisses off other countries that we like to celebrate and keep the laws passed when we were first established. no one wants to jump down your throat that canada is still all about hockey and crappy beer.
Don't forget curling...

BTW, I lived in Canada for 4 years. Not all of them think like some of the anti-gun Canucks on this site.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Bumble Z

canada... lmaoooo USA PWNZ YOU!
Old 05-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Sor

Originally Posted by Bumble Z
canada... lmaoooo USA PWNZ YOU!
'Merica, F*** YEAH!

Old 05-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Wu-Watt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dave079
Its pathetic that a Canadian thinks the should have any say so in what we do. You people are the most PC, anti gun, liberal minded sorry nation.

It makes me happy that owning one of these pisses you people off

I think its awsome you can have a rifle like that!!! Sign me up.
I respect that americans have all the guns. They need them as they are patrolling the planet!
Its a big responsibility being the ruler of a planet.

Last edited by Wu-Watt; 05-22-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Sor

Originally Posted by dave079
Thats a pretty big gun there, buddy. Trying to overcompensate for something?

This was never about America Vs. Canada like your making it out to be. It's about idiots and their belief that if everyone has a gun, it makes everything safer.

Last edited by Sor; 05-22-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I carry a full size 1911 on me, and you'd never imagine where I keep it in my Z.

Originally Posted by Sor
Except you don't realize that Civilian and State Militia's are still legal and quite common in this country. As back in those times, most of every armed person in this Country was in a Militia, not an Army. And Militias are made up of civilians given the right to bear arms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_...s_Constitution

As passed by the Congress:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
As ratified by the States:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
If you weren't such a waste of oxygen, you'd take time to research our 2nd Amendment instead of going off your generic stereotypical understanding of our Constitution, which you've most likely never read since you're Canadian. State and Civilian Militias can still be called up in times of need by our government, and with Civilians without weapons, there's no need for the 2nd Amendment. It seems you're understanding is basically "IT SAYS PEOPLE CAN HAVE GUNS.", which is wrong. It says Militias can have guns, and Militias are Civilians, which are US Citizens.

Last edited by Hexxus; 05-22-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Carrying a firearm in your Z??