Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Carrying a firearm in your Z??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

^Well said... I have enough training that IF I needed to, I could protect myself with a not so welcomed outcome for the other guy. Its a hobby for me, I love to go shooting and so does my girl. People that dislike guns usually have never shot or been taught how to properly handle one. I was pretty intimidated when I first had to shoot an M16 back in Basic but after taking a Tactical Shooting course... it's more like an extremity then an awkward metallic object used for killing.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:16 PM
delacroix3721

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm into firearms for about 80% hobby, 20% protection. The right to buy, own, and carry guns is important to me and I don't care to have my rights diminished because someone somewhere may do something dastardly.

Oh, and I plan on keeping my gun on my person when at all possible, but I'll have to see if it fits well somewhere else in the car too.

Last edited by delacroix3721; 05-24-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:12 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Amirs350z
^ same with AZ before you were allowed to conceal without a permit (that started last year).

All it took to get a CCW was an 80 dollar class and another fee for the permit and renew every two years
What a ripoff! lol
Old 05-24-2011, 06:28 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kimosabe
I just saw this thread and I knew there would a US vs Canadian debate some where in the thread pages lol.

I don't agree to the right to guns. But that's a personal opinion. I don't hold it against americans who wish otherwise. But simply put, i have never been in a situation where I need a gun, and I am 30 years old. And if that day ever came so be it. If I lived in the states, I would buy one, not for protection, but as a hobby.
Seems like your contadicting yourself here. I think it's fine if anyone doesn't exercise their right to own/carry a firearm, but that doesn't mean you should be against other people's rights. "Land of the FREE" Might not mean much to Canadians, but to some of us Americans, it's worth dying for!

<<<----- Me in Iraq

Last edited by jerseystyle; 05-25-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Sor

Originally Posted by jerseystyle
Seems like your contadicting yourself here. I think it's fine if anyone doesn't exercise their right to own/carry a firearm, but that doesn't mean you should be against other people's rights. "Land of the FREE" Might not mean much to Canadiens, but to some of us Americans, it's worth dying for!

<<<----- Me in Iraq
Everyone here who thinks this argument is about Americans vs. Canadians is completely misinformed. This was never a debate about the two countries. Not all Canadians are against guns (in fact, 30% of Canadians own a firearm, for hunting reasons mostly) and not all Americans are for it. I know a ton of Americans who are completely against the possession of firearms. Don't make any generalizations is what I'm trying to say here.

If you're going to trash a country like that, I suggest you at least spell it correctly. Cute picture though.

Originally Posted by piggiehandcuffs
Yeah ok... I said you cannot protect yourself from the criminals who get guns. I never said it would make the country safe from criminals. Oh and BTW I'm Canadian, so how dare you assume I'm a redneck.

Also last time I remember living in Canada, you couldn't wear red, blue, or white in school because of gang problems, so don't try to preach that Canada is awesome and has no criminal problems....
Look who finally shows up at the party. Where did you go? I missed you. The dude who claims he's from Canada and raves about all the gang problems in this country with no facts, whatsoever. You sir, are the biggest idiot on this thread. Congratulations.

Last edited by Sor; 05-24-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:40 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Sorry about misspelling it. I honestly have nothing against Canadian's (is that better?). I love Hockey! Besides, if it wasn't for Canada our deserters would have to go to Mexico!

All joking aside, if you look at the beginning of the thread, it was a Canuck that started the whole you vs us debate.

Last edited by jerseystyle; 05-24-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:51 AM
Amirs350z

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
What a ripoff! lol
The only state I could compare AZ's prices to (where I was old enough to buy a handgun) is California lmao.

80 bucks was a small price to pay. Now it's free since we passed that recent law loosening the rules of concealment.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:16 AM
Kimosabe

Originally Posted by jerseystyle
Seems like your contadicting yourself here. I think it's fine if anyone doesn't exercise their right to own/carry a firearm, but that doesn't mean you should be against other people's rights. "Land of the FREE" Might not mean much to Canadiens, but to some of us Americans, it's worth dying for!

<<<----- Me in Iraq
I see the contratdiction, but I didnt' explain myself well. I don't agree to people being allowed to walk around with guns on them. But as a hobby, you can have them locked at your home. A collectors hobby would be my reason.

Keep in mind guys that perhaps the people who are posting on here are responsible to handle a fire arm, and I would trust that you would know when and when not to use it. However in country with over 250 million people, there are those who would abuse this privelage. I can see the advantages to the self defense aspect, but like I said, I have never been in a situation where I needed a gun. You say self defense, but honestly, how messed up is the place that you are living that you need a gun to protect yourself?

I am not familiar with the statistics, but stupid people with guns isn't a good combination, just like stupid people with a drivers lisence is a bad one. But driving is a necessity/privelage, and for the sake of productivity in the world we need to take that risk, however owning a gun isn't.

You can argue that it's your right, etc etc and I can respect that. And please try to keep this from getting a Canadian vs US debate. It's a matter of opinion, as I'm sure there are Americans who would agree to my point.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:18 AM
Z_HighSpeed

I see the contratdiction, but I didnt' explain myself well. I don't agree to people being allowed to walk around with guns on them. But as a hobby, you can have them locked at your home. A collectors hobby would be my reason.

Keep in mind guys that perhaps the people who are posting on here are responsible to handle a fire arm, and I would trust that you would know when and when not to use it. However in country with over 250 million people, there are those who would abuse this privelage. I can see the advantages to the self defense aspect, but like I said, I have never been in a situation where I needed a gun. You say self defense, but honestly, how messed up is the place that you are living that you need a gun to protect yourself?

I am not familiar with the statistics, but stupid people with guns isn't a good combination, just like stupid people with a drivers lisence is a bad one. But driving is a necessity/privelage, and for the sake of productivity in the world we need to take that risk, however owning a gun isn't.

You can argue that it's your right, etc etc and I can respect that. And please try to keep this from getting a Canadian vs US debate. It's a matter of opinion, as I'm sure there are Americans who would agree to my point.
What makes the average citizen different from a police officer carrying a gun?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:58 AM
Kimosabe

Originally Posted by Novesh
What makes the average citizen different from a police officer carrying a gun?
Please read my point about stupid people and guns. If you haven't figured it out yet, my concern in regards to owning gun, is because of stupid people.

The right to own anything should be a freedom to everyone. But stupid people ruin that right. So how does one mitigate that risk? Weigh the pros and cons with measurable statistics. If you can prove that owning a fire arm has deterred more crime and violence than it has provoked it then it would speak for itself. But the truth is, and ask yourself this, have you ever been in a situation where your life was at risk and your gun saved your life? Maybe it has, maybe it hasn't and maybe it will. But look at all the violence and deaths that have been caused by people who owned firearms or were held in households. In Canada, there are people who have illegal firearms, it's impossible to get rid of a 100%. But the fight in keeping them out of the hands of the wrong people, is on going and I believe it does make a difference.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Sor
Everyone here who thinks this argument is about Americans vs. Canadians is completely misinformed. This was never a debate about the two countries. Not all Canadians are against guns (in fact, 30% of Canadians own a firearm, for hunting reasons mostly) and not all Americans are for it. I know a ton of Americans who are completely against the possession of firearms. Don't make any generalizations is what I'm trying to say here.

If you're going to trash a country like that, I suggest you at least spell it correctly. Cute picture though.

Look who finally shows up at the party. Where did you go? I missed you. The dude who claims he's from Canada and raves about all the gang problems in this country with no facts, whatsoever. You sir, are the biggest idiot on this thread. Congratulations.
Originally Posted by Sor
When you make guns so readily available to your citizens, there will be no doubt that a few of them that aren't qualified to posses one to have one anyways. The United States has the highest rate gun violence among developed countries and it's not even close man.
Originally Posted by Sor
I know the perfect picture for you.

From your statement, that would mean that citizens having guns would make the country safe from criminals. Therefore, America should be the safest country in the world, right? Far from it. Little did you know is that when you start allowing any dumbass to carry a gun around, one of them is going to go and shoot up a campus or rob a store.

And trust me, we really don't have many criminals around here. Even in Jane and Finch.
Well your first 2 posts in this thread pretty much was a straight kick to any American's nuts so the Anti-Canada thoughts were spurred by you. Posting that pic was completely unnecessary and what type of reactions were you expecting to get? You sir are ignorant towards our laws that don't concern you. I'm not "White" but rather hispanic and if you were to run your mouth in real life like you do in this forum... I'd slap the teeth out of your mouth. If you don't have a gun and keep it in your car STFU, I can give a **** to what your gun thoughts are. It's better to agree to disagree b/c really no one cares about Canada's gun laws.

You can't read can you? PiggieHandcuffs is a Lady you Can-tard.. it says Vo's GF under her screen name.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:41 AM
Z_HighSpeed

Please read my point about stupid people and guns. If you haven't figured it out yet, my concern in regards to owning gun, is because of stupid people.

The right to own anything should be a freedom to everyone. But stupid people ruin that right. So how does one mitigate that risk? Weigh the pros and cons with measurable statistics. If you can prove that owning a fire arm has deterred more crime and violence than it has provoked it then it would speak for itself. But the truth is, and ask yourself this, have you ever been in a situation where your life was at risk and your gun saved your life? Maybe it has, maybe it hasn't and maybe it will. But look at all the violence and deaths that have been caused by people who owned firearms or were held in households. In Canada, there are people who have illegal firearms, it's impossible to get rid of a 100%. But the fight in keeping them out of the hands of the wrong people, is on going and I believe it does make a difference.
Thankfully stupidity is not a dis-qualifier, under the constitution, since it is subjective.

I've been in plenty of situations where the only reason I am here, typing this, is because I had a firearm on me, I do not take this for granted as firearms are a part of my life.

The real truth is that no one can quantify or qualify a persons stupidity or weigh the pros and cons. The only way to mitigate the aftermath is after it already happens - everything else is a BS attempt to label gun owners and guns in general in a category which only suits the one sided argument most anti-gun people see.

Owning a firearm is a right under the constitution of the US. This is something that is different from any other country in the world since we have a protected right which requires of us the responsibility of firearm ownership. Owning a firearm is what you make it, a deterrent, an insurance policy, whatever you want it to be.

The fight is punishing the gun-related criminals, not keeping guns out of the public, or refusing ownership. I have stories that will literally make you ashamed to be an American (if you are an American). The justice system fails gun owners, legal gun owners, law abiding citizens who purchase firearms for their protection. That is the issue, nothing else. Once that changes, once those who commit gun crimes get real sentences, real punishments and not the slap on the wrists they get currently, then we can have another conversation about gun crimes.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:48 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Well said Novesh. Having strict gun laws only effect law abiding citizens, not criminals. That's like lowering a speed limit because you caught 1 person speeding. Speed limits only effect people that follow them.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Amirs350z

It's like locks. It only keeps honest people honest. A crook will find a way to break your defenses in one way or another.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Kimosabe

Originally Posted by Novesh
Thankfully stupidity is not a dis-qualifier, under the constitution, since it is subjective.

I've been in plenty of situations where the only reason I am here, typing this, is because I had a firearm on me, I do not take this for granted as firearms are a part of my life.

The real truth is that no one can quantify or qualify a persons stupidity or weigh the pros and cons. The only way to mitigate the aftermath is after it already happens - everything else is a BS attempt to label gun owners and guns in general in a category which only suits the one sided argument most anti-gun people see.

Owning a firearm is a right under the constitution of the US. This is something that is different from any other country in the world since we have a protected right which requires of us the responsibility of firearm ownership. Owning a firearm is what you make it, a deterrent, an insurance policy, whatever you want it to be.

The fight is punishing the gun-related criminals, not keeping guns out of the public, or refusing ownership. I have stories that will literally make you ashamed to be an American (if you are an American). The justice system fails gun owners, legal gun owners, law abiding citizens who purchase firearms for their protection. That is the issue, nothing else. Once that changes, once those who commit gun crimes get real sentences, real punishments and not the slap on the wrists they get currently, then we can have another conversation about gun crimes.
Well said. And you and I are saying the same thing. Basically detterring stupid people from having guns. The essence of this debate is that. If you could regulate the law to be more strict on gun abuse or mishandling you would see less crime, less accidents etc.

I respect constitution of the US, and earns the respect it deserves. But when you are raised in a world(Canada)where you never needed or could have a gun, then you will most likely never care for it. That being said, with the laws that govern it, being as laxed as they are, it is easy for me not to support it. But like I said, it's freedom of anyone to own anything as long as it is in responsible hands. But to your point, justice is not being servered appropriately.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Z_HighSpeed

Well said. And you and I are saying the same thing. Basically detterring stupid people from having guns. The essence of this debate is that. If you could regulate the law to be more strict on gun abuse or mishandling you would see less crime, less accidents etc.

I respect constitution of the US, and earns the respect it deserves. But when you are raised in a world(Canada)where you never needed or could have a gun, then you will most likely never care for it. That being said, with the laws that govern it, being as laxed as they are, it is easy for me not to support it. But like I said, it's freedom of anyone to own anything as long as it is in responsible hands. But to your point, justice is not being servered appropriately.
The laws are strict and give way where they need to - sentencing, and following through with it (denying parole/probation - serving full sentence on all gun crimes) is the real issue.

I was not raised in the USA. I know what it is like to live under an iron curtain that absolutely denies you of owning anything that you can protect yourself with. I know this to be the worst possible life for a citizen of a country - from my experience and my point of view. Living in the USA is by far the greatest I have ever experienced, and I have seen and been many places. The view of the people in the USA regarding guns and their respective rights is something that is written in the very soul of the American people. It is what sets us apart from everyone else. The ability to own a firearm is the reason why I am able to type this today, it is why I have friends who are alive, and it is a right that will not be infringed up on. That is not my opinion - it is fact.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:38 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

^^^^
Old 05-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Amirs350z

You don't need to use a gun to justify it's possession. While the sight of it has deterred potential crimes from happening to my family and me (drug dealers outside of my house looking to come in. I respond to said sounds and they see my laser, flashlight etc), I hope to never actually fire it at anyone.

Of course, I'm prepared and trained to take a life, but I'm hoping I can go my whole life without putting my family or myself through that kind of trauma. Taking a life is no joke, regardless if the person deserved it or not.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

having a gun compensates for small.......lol!

i believe the gun if not having a "permit" to carry is supposed to be in the case with no bullets and cartridge out. Plus in the trunk.

If you do have a permit to carry on person i believe you can have it on you concealed, but if it does bother you as you drive you can either put it back into the truck, but it has to be cased, and or the glove box. (not sure about having it cased in glove though) But those reasons are for accidents in case the fire arm discharges during a collision.

that was all brought to you by my common sense and some knowledge...dont threaten me for that....LOL!

with that said..if NJ had the law to allow to carry...i would be out of bullets.

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 05-25-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:16 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

That might be true in NJ Dr Venture, but not all states. Every State's gun laws are different. Some states don't require a permit at all for open carry.

Quick Reply: Carrying a firearm in your Z??