Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Amirs350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol yeah, I prefer precise solutions.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Amirs350z

Anyone know what holster to use so I don't mar the finish? I have a Blackhawk tactical holster I got with the gun for free, but I'm sure after a short while it'll wear the finish.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:19 PM
hellogoodbye

Originally Posted by Amirs350z
Oh I totally love my Kimber over my Glock. It just feels more natural to shoot if that makes sense.

What firing pin safety do you speak of? I put about 150 rounds through it without any safety problems.

And thanks for the kind words I like the Colt 1911's as well.
Makes total sense, I hate shooting glocks, but at the same time nothing can beat the reliability and capacity so I bought one anyway, I just don't shoot it... Glock is like a toyota corolla, perfect in almost every way, nothing can beat the mileage or reliability, you can beat the crap out of it and it keeps on going, but it sucks to drive.

I don't know anything about Kimbers I just hear good and bad things online, a lot of guys complaining about a firing pin block safety or something; its obviously not too big of a deal as Kimber seems to do pretty well with more models than colt or probably even springfield for that matter.

btw, get yourself a wilson combat bushing wrench, its a good investment after your mishap, makes life much easier
Old 08-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Brownells makes a good one too... highly recommended.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:10 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Just picked up a new piece

Glock 30 now stays with the wife full time. Don't mind the trash on my desk. It's been a long couple of weeks.

Looks insane dude... I love my Springfield A1.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:29 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

For what it's worth, I conceal all the time in my gas stations.
If I had gas stations, I would open carry all the time. Which is legal in Ohio.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:12 AM
Amirs350z

Originally Posted by hellogoodbye
Makes total sense, I hate shooting glocks, but at the same time nothing can beat the reliability and capacity so I bought one anyway, I just don't shoot it... Glock is like a toyota corolla, perfect in almost every way, nothing can beat the mileage or reliability, you can beat the crap out of it and it keeps on going, but it sucks to drive.

I don't know anything about Kimbers I just hear good and bad things online, a lot of guys complaining about a firing pin block safety or something; its obviously not too big of a deal as Kimber seems to do pretty well with more models than colt or probably even springfield for that matter.

btw, get yourself a wilson combat bushing wrench, its a good investment after your mishap, makes life much easier
Is it supposed to be better than the Kimber wrench that came with the gun?

The second time cleaning it went much smoother. It's just the slide stop that gives me trouble. I eventually get it to fit correctly, but it takes the longest ou of the whole process to get it right.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Amirs350z

Originally Posted by PerfZ
If I had gas stations, I would open carry all the time. Which is legal in Ohio.
I did at first. Then I started thinking about the punk *** robbers who would realize I was armed. My guess is they would come in the store, gun already cocked and pointed at my face before I could draw...so I started concealing lol.

Technically, I shouldn't really do anything anyway. My insurance covers everything. My house is a different story, though.

I will turn brain matter into my new wall decor if my wife, kids or dogs are threatened.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:40 AM
TripleD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Because in the business world, you must operate in a fashion that makes both your employees and your customers feel comfortable. I have had several, at least, employees, over the years that I would not be the least bit comfortable with carrying a firearm. No one is going to come in and rob us - we are not a cash business. Yes, we might have an employee, or even a customer, come in and start shooting up the place. I would put those odds at somewhere around a million to one against though. As well, it is every business owners prerogative as to whether to allow it - they can never pass a law that would override that IMHO. Nor should they.
So, I would ask anyone posting here : can YOU carry concealed at work? And that anyone would include you BTW.
I guess its that one and a million chance that I am trying to guard against. I don't usually ever go to "rough areas". Its that one freak chance that most people will wish they had their piece.

If you could predict when and where you might be a victim of an act of violence, a gun and a permit for it wouldn't be necessary. It would be simple to just avoid those places at those particular times. But today, we live in an increasingly violent and uncertain society.

4th degree misdemeanor or dead? The choice is obvious to me.

I carry a Bodyguard 380 with this Recluse holster which by the way is sweet. I recommend to anyone looking for a wallet type holster. Its design keeps the gun safe while in holster allowing to carry with no safety. Draw and pull the trigger. I can carry in full dress clothes with shirt tucked in. Simply looks like a wallet in your back pocket and surprisingly easy to draw. I also have an Uncle Mike's holster for casual carry that is very comfortable.

Last edited by TripleD; 08-18-2011 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:01 AM
TripleD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will turn brain matter into my new wall decor if my wife, kids or dogs are threatened.
AMEN Brother preach it! My in laws just had someone break in to a house next door to them and they live in a decent area. My wife and I and daughter frequently stay at her parents on the weekends. My father in law and I both agreed that no matter what the reason if someone comes into his house unwelcomed, they will never come back out. I will not take any chances with me, but more importantly my wife, my 5 mo old daughter or my dogs. I will not tolerate it.

Last edited by TripleD; 08-18-2011 at 05:02 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:38 PM
hellogoodbye

Not to take away from guns as I am a total gun nut - but for home protection a TRAINED K9 or Doberman, a pair of them even better, will make you more safe than a gun ever could.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:48 PM
edgui12

I love AZ gun laws
Old 08-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Amirs350z

Originally Posted by hellogoodbye
Not to take away from guns as I am a total gun nut - but for home protection a TRAINED K9 or Doberman, a pair of them even better, will make you more safe than a gun ever could.
My shepard looks like a cute puppy, but he's trained to let me know if there is a threat and he gets into "attack mode" if they come on my property (has happened before since my fence panels are moved, doors jiggled etc. etc.). They usually run by the time I get out to see what the problem is.

What I'm worried about is repeat offenders already knowing how it works and them just shooting my dogs
Old 08-21-2011, 07:25 PM
RandyK1

nice.

Last edited by RandyK1; 04-16-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:59 PM
zeebrah

I got a chopper in the car, Jk