Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPW Track....Awesome

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 06:49 PM
ZZtopp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPW Track....Awesome

After being bumped from a July to a September build date, I got sick of waiting and finally went looking for another Z.....and I found one, only 100 miles away.

I had originally ordered a silver touring 6sp, but after all the talk about the crappy Bose system and the accidental elbows vs. heated seat controls, I started to re-think my choice. I live in Las Vegas, so who needs heated seats and an overpriced stereo with a mind of its own? When a PPW track model appeared in the inventory at a dealership in Bullhead AZ, I inquired. And guess what? It was available.............at MSRP. I took delivery the next day. It did have the NAV, which I didn't originally order, but what the hell, I've got it now.

This car is simply awesome. I love the color (especially when contrast with the Brembos and forged wheels), and it's far less common than my first choice, silver. Even the base stereo isn't too bad at all (although I do plan to upgrade). The only problem I've encountered is that the gas cover doesn't fit very well with the body contours. Anyone else have this problem?

It's all been said already, so my two cents wouldn't even be worth that......but to all those who already have one, they know what I'm talking about. To those who haven't taken delivery of theirs yet, it's definitely worth the wait.
Old 09-07-2002, 07:50 PM
Bishop_Tx

ZZtop,

Congratulations. I can't express how impressed I am with my Track. Personally I'm really surprised how much difference there is in look and feel of the track compared to the other models.

The size and look of the wheels, brakes, aero pkg etc really make a solid difference. I've had mine for a few days now and am really happy and know you will be too..

I also think the NAV option, which I have as well, is incredibly powerful.

It's also the rarest model, which is a cool thing.

Chris
Austin, Tx
Chrome Silver Track
All the options and then some
Old 09-07-2002, 08:06 PM
ZZtopp

After opening the gas lid, I found that the cord that holds the cap was causing the lid to stick out a bit. After rethreading it around the cap, the lid fit fine.

As soon as I figure out how to use the NAV, I'm sure I'll love it.

I agree.....the track definitely has it's own look....I can't believe how much attention this car gets.
Old 09-08-2002, 07:29 AM
mikebralley

Did you have a problem getting your deposit back from the dealership you originally ordered from? My delivery date is going to be sometime in November and I too got impatient. I located the same car I had ordered and it was available. I put a hold on it and called my original dealership. They refused to give my $1,000 deposit back. I then had to call the other dealership back and tell them I couldnt take the car. Just wondering how you pulled it off.
Old 09-08-2002, 11:52 AM
ZZtopp

I haven't talked to my pre-order dealer yet, but he's a great guy, and I'm sure I'll be able to find a buyer for the car to take my place.

I'd post some pictures but I'm not sure how.
Old 09-08-2002, 05:53 PM
fdao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mikebralley
Did you have a problem getting your deposit back from the dealership you originally ordered from? My delivery date is going to be sometime in November and I too got impatient. I located the same car I had ordered and it was available. I put a hold on it and called my original dealership. They refused to give my $1,000 deposit back. I then had to call the other dealership back and tell them I couldnt take the car. Just wondering how you pulled it off.
When you put down the deposit, was it made clear that this was a refundable deposit? Did you sign anything that would suggest otherwise. In Hawaii, there's a contract that all consumers have the option to sign if they're placing a deposit. Essentially this contract allows the dealer to keep your deposit if you fail to purchase the car. This tends to occur on the high end models here.
Old 09-09-2002, 09:57 PM
ZZtopp

I talked with my pre-order dealer today. He immediately agreed to refund my deposit even though it was technically non-refundable. He's a great guy: Alex Bahls of Melloy Nissan in Albuquerque. Anyone who wants my silver, touring 6sp (October delivery) should call him. MSRP, no bulls**t.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:05 PM
fdao

Glad everything worked out
Old 09-10-2002, 02:01 PM
stevo

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

hey ZZtopp how did you check inventory at other dealerships??
Old 09-10-2002, 02:08 PM
stevo

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

b/c i also dont like waiting
Old 09-10-2002, 11:27 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by KLEE
I live in Laughlin!

I SAT IN YOUR CAR!!!

It has mudflaps and the nav option right??

OMG what a beautiful car, I love the snickity-snick shifter and TEH KEWL BREMBOZ!

enjoy

Yep!! That's the one!! They were asking $5000 over sticker, then $1995....they finally sold it to me for sticker.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:28 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by stevo
hey ZZtopp how did you check inventory at other dealerships??

You can check any dealerships's inventory at nissandriven.com
Old 09-14-2002, 12:11 AM
fdao

That's Beautiful!!!
Old 09-14-2002, 04:25 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

Default you are one LUCKY dooood !!

To have received all info input.. and then to find a TRACK... and then able to cancel out on your previous order...

You have to thank your lucky stars for getting a much better car than what you would have received...

Smile ... life is beautiful in the fast lane.

Old 09-14-2002, 05:22 AM
I want a 350Z

Old 09-14-2002, 09:15 AM
ZZtopp

VQRacer,

Thanks for posting the picture.

I've been so busy with work, I've only had a chance to put on about 150 miles since taking delivery (about a week ago), but I did find time to put a coat of wax (Meguiars HI-Tech yellow) on it this morning, and it looks amazing. I found almost no orange peel anywhere, except maybe for a hint of it on the doors. The paint quality is equal to that of my wife's Audi A-6, and factory paint doesn't get much better than that.

The more I get to know this car, the more it impresses me. I had a 95 911 that didn't run as strong or feel as solid as the Z. I only kept that overpriced piece of crap for a year.....I think I'll keep this Z a lot longer than that. I kept my 93 TT for eight years, and this new Z is a far superior machine.
Old 09-14-2002, 06:10 PM
twinzz

damn, that is the nicest pic of ppw white i've seen!