Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I am almost dying

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Dissolved

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swear there is a new "I just hit something with VDC off" post every week. Going to count them one day
Old 01-02-2004, 09:14 PM
bigdaddy

the airbag deployment is based on deceleration, not impact velocity. if your cars reaches enough negative g's of acceleration in a certain time frame, they will blow off. i have seen cars which had impacts with soft items (hills, houses, etc) at impact speeds of >35 mph with no airbag deployment. likewise, i have seen cars bottom out while going over railroad tracks at <10 mph, bump the frame, and the bags go off. its all based on the algorithims programed into the computer by the manufacturers. oh...i am one of those "experts" vlad talked about earlier. i am an engineer though...not a cop. those guys usually just guess. trust me.

as for the ticket...what others have said is right. he has to write you a ticket. and, in this situation, he correctly gave you one for too fast for conditions. excessive speed for conditions, or at least, attempted excessive speed, was the cause of your loss of control. the fact that you might have been slower than the speed limit is of no matter.

i'm not sure what the fine is for the ticket there, but it might be cheaper just to eat it and pay it than get a lawyer. that really depends on how bad it will hurt your insurance though.

regardless...sorry to hear about your loss. glad you and your gf are fine. just live and learn. cars are replaceable. people aren't.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:10 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WARNING: Owning a base model, while not being able to drive could be harmful to your or your Z's health.

People, just please go out and learn to drive, for all our sakes. It kills me to hear these types of stories. I own a base model (no TCS/VDC) and see no reason for these stories to happen unless unexpected snow/ice is involved.

sigh
Old 01-02-2004, 11:22 PM
ml2316

there are lots of base and enthusiast (no vdc) owners. and they seem to do fine.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:48 AM
ChicagoG35c

When will people understand it's the SUMMER TIRES not VDC that's causing all the accidents. Anyone who uses summer tires in under 40 degree weather (regardless of snow/ice) is just asking to get into an accident. Get winter tires and the accidents will DRASTICALLY decrease in number. End of rant.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:29 AM
ml2316

how bad is traction (with the stock tires) for an enthusiast in rainy weather? i live in california, and was never worried about buying an enthusiast z, but after doing a search and reading a bunch of these traction-related threads, it's starting to slightly worry me. i also searched and found a review online (www.consumerguide.com) that mentioned the z's poor wet traction. (i guess it can't be worse than my previous car, a 240sx)

Last edited by ml2316; 01-03-2004 at 02:31 AM.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:33 AM
K.G

Today, I got O.k sign to repair my car
and my Z is going to be sent to Nissan Bodyshop on Monday.
They said the damage is about between
ten to fourteen thousands in CDN.
Right now, I have no idea how long it will take
maybe several months
I am also getting substitute car during my car is being repaired
I don't know what car I am getting
but for sure it's not Z
I really miss being in the driver seat in my Z
Anyone, who repaired your Z due to the accident, how long did it take???I know it depends on each situation, but at least I just want to estimate approximately
and for the ticket, I am not disputing this ticket because of the fine, its for the point.
I hope it will work out well
Thanks for your info, advice and opinion
Happy New Year~~