Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

test drove a g35c and dealer bascily was in idiot

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 06:04 PM
LIL RAJA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default test drove a g35c and dealer bascily was in idiot

anyeay, i was up and about in the area when I saw the infiniti dealer. i went in to get brouchers for my girl as she is considering the fx35 for herself. So i was just asking some basic question when the saleman suggested i take one for a spin. I told him, not really interested. but he insisted, so i am like okay. Then when he got the keys he is like this gentleman will go with u (a different guy), which is totally fine by me. So i go drive the car and it's kewl, but i still want the two seater z. When i get done, the guy is like when do i plan on making the purcahse. I told him, i don't. He then asks me why am i test driving then? So i told him cuz you guys were insisting. But anyway, kind wierd moment there and really unwelcoming comments. I didn't really appreciate it much. But i was not gonna be pushed around.
anyway, i hate dealers...just my 2 cents.

-Raja
Old 01-07-2004, 06:11 PM
dchengmd

Unless the first guy held a gun to your head, why take the car out for a drive? Don't know about you, but it'd take a lot more than some insisting for someone to MAKE me test drive a car.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:29 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like typical dealer sales tactics. Just stick to your guns and pay them no mind. I test drove a Z last year and had to tell them about 20 times that i was NOT looking to buy a car that day. They dont hear you say no. They are trained not to.

I found out a few months later when I was checking my credit for my actual Z purchase that those motherfkers actually ran my credit!! What the hell, I tell you theres no way Im buying a car and you check my credit? Go figure

Argh, I hate dealers Thank god for the VPP program
Old 01-07-2004, 06:38 PM
miZer

I found out a few months later when I was checking my credit for my actual Z purchase that those motherfkers actually ran my credit!! What the hell, I tell you theres no way Im buying a car and you check my credit? Go figure

why give them your social security number if you dont want your credit ran? If you go to a dealership you aren't going to buy shoes. So you are obviously there for a reason.

If a customer comes on my lot and tells me they arent interested in buying today... I dont bother to ask why... or try to turn them around. I merely give them any information they might need in deciding on their purchase and ask is there anything more that I could do.

jeremy
Old 01-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealers are like that, who give a sh*t. You got tp drive the G35 coupe, thats cool.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:50 PM
zYouLater

No offense intended, but the person with the bigger ***** won! He wanted you in the car and you got in the car. I think a lesson was learned.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:15 PM
LIL RAJA

zvoulater,
wouldn't that mean, i won. Cuz i did want to drive the car, i did not ask. But he offered, so i did not decline. anyway, this sounds really dumb, but i am gonna check to make sure they did not run my credit cuz if they did, we are gonna have a little issue. :-) They need my sig./approval before they do such thing.
Raja
Old 01-07-2004, 07:17 PM
LIL RAJA

Originally posted by miZer
why give them your social security number if you dont want your credit ran? If you go to a dealership you aren't going to buy shoes. So you are obviously there for a reason.

If a customer comes on my lot and tells me they arent interested in buying today... I dont bother to ask why... or try to turn them around. I merely give them any information they might need in deciding on their purchase and ask is there anything more that I could do.

jeremy
exactly. I plan on getting my Z from Mizer cuz he has been absolutely professional and just need couple things to happen before I go down to pick my Z up. Jermey, I just want to say how much appreciate your honesty and assistance. Even if a local dealer offered me same price as you did, i would get it from you. Cuz as I mentioned I want to help support the community and person who took the time without harassing my ***. :-) I am spending in the 30k neigborhood, i don't need to make any decision on drop of a hat.

Raja