Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone figured out how Nissan handled the orders??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 12:32 PM
k2we

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone figured out how Nissan handled the orders??

I am really curious.. I was the first to order form my dealer on Feb 12th. He took 5 pre orders.. Well, he just got his 2nd & 3rd cars in and neither is mine.. How did NNA handle the pre orders?? Did they just throw them all in a hat and pick them at random?? That's what it sure looks like.. The days are growing shorter and so is my patience... Does anyone know the real story??

Thanks in advance..

Steve (k2we) Dobbs Ferry, NY

KY0/Touring/6MT/Side air bags/Mats

VIN # 001890
Old 09-11-2002, 12:50 PM
ballz

Default Re: Has anyone figured out how Nissan handled the orders??

Originally posted by k2we
I am really curious.. I was the first to order form my dealer on Feb 12th. He took 5 pre orders.. Well, he just got his 2nd & 3rd cars in and neither is mine.. How did NNA handle the pre orders?? Did they just throw them all in a hat and pick them at random?? That's what it sure looks like.. The days are growing shorter and so is my patience... Does anyone know the real story??

Thanks in advance..

KY0/Touring/6MT/Side air bags/Mats

VIN # 001890
Maybe he flipped yours to someone else who offered more money?
Old 09-11-2002, 01:06 PM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buddy, you have a VIN.
Dont worry about it. Did you order nay options that may be holding your car at port for installation? Be happy you have a VIN and your car is built and on its way.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Subw00er

It sucks to live in NY at a time like this! I'm upstate and was also the first at my dealer, but he shows me in the second run of cars coming in (the first isnt in yet). I have a 20th-30th sept window.

My vin is 0193X btw.

If also of interest, there was one car in my area delivered, at a different dealer. The vin # of that car was JN1AZ34D73T100272. Its was a chrome silver touring 6sp.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Killermove

Default frustration

I was a little frustrated yesterday when my dealer told me they got an update -- car should be coming Sept. 24th. Let me explain...

When the preorder program started I visited 2 dealerships and called 2 others in my area -- all wanted more than MSRP. I then talked to Jeffw on board and he said he ordered from Heritage Nissan in Rome, GA (about 75 miles from me) and they were doing MSRP + $189. Good deal -- I called them and ordered on Jan 17, 2002. I was the 3rd order at the dealership (Jeff was first).

Well, later Nissan put pressure on the dealers to do MSRP -- and they did. The dealer closest to me (about 3 miles) has received about 15 cars so far. My dealer, has received 2. My dealer is a Nissan "Owners First" award winner -- none of the others are. I rdered in Jan! The people now talking deliveries at my local dealers have ordered WAY after me!!!

So when my dealer said "the 24th" I got frustrated!!! I was one the FIRST to commit to Nissan and tthe Z -- I took hours to shop around for a dealer that would give me a fair deal! Now I'm waiting longer!

Nissan should:

1. Reward early commitments/orders
2. Reward good dealerships (ones that played it right the FIRST time -- WITHOUT being threatened!) that treat customers right.

SO NISSAN LISTEN UP!! I WANT MY CAR. I COMMITED TO YOU EARLY WITH A GOOD DEALERSHIP AND NOW I'M WAITING LONGER BECAUSE THEY ARE SMALLER THAN THE BIG RIPPEM-OFF DEALERS THAT WANTED TO MAKE AN **EXTRA** $5,000 ON MY ORDER (ON TOP OF THE $5,000 THEY ALREADY ARE).

So yesterday afternoon I called 1-800-NISSAN1 and talked to a nice lady. She was very nice and very sympathetic but simply said "I'm sorry your frustrated, I understand. But the big dealerships will get more cars more quickly than the smaller dealers."

Well, 13 days and counting...I'll get my Z, then write a nice letter to corporate on my behalf, and the behalf of my dealer. They have been great, doing all they can -- the other dealers I visited will be listed specifically because of thier attempt to take full advantage of the situation.

That is all I have for now, thanks for reading. (END VENT)

Ryan
Old 09-11-2002, 03:13 PM
k2we

Ryan & others, thanks for your comments.. I always figured that the bigger dealers would get there cars sooner.. But I was # 1 at my dealer and now I find that # 2 & #5 pre-orders are in.. #5 was ordered a full 4 months after me.. Something is wrong here.. They should be delivered first in the order they were purchased.. I also see several dealers in the mid-west have cars with VIN numbers higher than mine.. and they have had them in inventory for a few weeks.. How does that happen?? By the time the car does show up, We'll only have a few short months before the weather starts to turn ugly.. I really figured by ordering early, I'd get the far early.. Nissan better get with the program and sort this out..

PS: Just noticed Bob Sharp Motors in CT just got his first 6 cars in.. For those of you that don't know the name, Bob Sharp put Nissan (Datsun) on the race map by winning many of the C Production titles back in the 1970's.. Paul Newman drove one of his sponsered Z cars in SCCA races.. Bob's son Scott drives in the Indy Racing League...
Old 09-11-2002, 03:40 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Originally posted by carguy
Nissan has handled the build program very poorly, when people that ordered in march & april, are getting their cars ahead of people that ordered in january, thats unfair, period.
Unfair, maybe. But that's part of the way an efficient business operates. I'd rather wait a while more for my car so they don't have to retool parts of the assembly line to appease my impatient ***.

It's a fact of life, kiddies. Home cooked food takes time.