2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your spouse and the Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 04:24 PM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife loved my Z. Wanted to drive it all the time. Gave her the keys and she curbed it. After an illegal totaled it, she was sad for me and my Z. I went out and bought a luxury Z(G37S) and she loves it just as much. When I want to spoil it, she just laughs and says "have a good time" When I met my wife I was driving a lowrider S-10 extended cab with over a 1000 watts of boom So I think she actually loves that I am into sports cars now and not the lowrider
Old 11-09-2012, 04:26 PM
CRIDDA

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
When I want to hear my wife's opinion on my Z, I'll walk into the kitchen and give it to her. Not sure why it should matter, though?

As long as I'm providing for my family responsibly, it's not her place to say ish about what I chose to drive. And neither is it my place to say ish about what she does as long as she isn't shirking her responsibilities either. Now if either of us was throwing good money after bad and putting our family in a financial bind, that's different.
Don't lie, she would smack the **** out of you and quickly wipe the smirk off your face
Old 11-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Bruno350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At the start of every relationship I have a speech of "My car > you"
Starts a 2-3 day argument that I don't take part of and it's over with lol
Old 11-09-2012, 04:40 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by CRIDDA
Don't lie, she would smack the **** out of you and quickly wipe the smirk off your face
I took liberties with that sentence purely to get jennifer riled up. :-)

The rest is troof.

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 11-09-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:06 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by CRIDDA
My wife loved my Z. Wanted to drive it all the time. Gave her the keys and she curbed it. After an illegal totaled it, she was sad for me and my Z. I went out and bought a luxury Z(G37S) and she loves it just as much. When I want to spoil it, she just laughs and says "have a good time" When I met my wife I was driving a lowrider S-10 extended cab with over a 1000 watts of boom So I think she actually loves that I am into sports cars now and not the lowrider
^^ THIS

Same here bro. My wife was glad I got the Z. She wanted me to get rid of my truck so bad lol but she is pretty much happy that I have the Z. She gets a little bit jealous sometimes but all in all she knows she can drive it so she doesnt care.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Golsky

My wife wanted a Z before I did

Still, I dont let her drive it much, because she adjusts my damn seat!

(picture from the day I bought the car)
Attached Thumbnails Your spouse and the Z-20120611_152140.jpg  
Old 11-10-2012, 01:45 AM
TempestZ

I think mine is pretty funny...

so were all going out on a date night, (8 of us total only one other guy) My gf and i were talking before the date, apparently it hadn't crossed the girls' minds that the SUV they wanted to take was a strict 7 seater... well i asked if we should take the Z... and i got the reply of : "oh its OK, taylor is driving"... i said, "its a 7 seater, and there are 8 of us... lets take the z." hoping for an ok, i get the "well im riding with my friends"... so i thought it would be cool if the other guy and i took my Z and flirted on the road with the girls... were both single now. because I cared too much about my car, and not us and because he chose his friend (me) over the girlfriend of 4 months, (bros before hoes) shall i mention we had only been together for 6 months... he now owns a Z also, were hopeless
Old 11-10-2012, 04:53 AM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

My wife knows where she stands when it comes to the z...the z is number 1 always, lol. Actually she is somewhat very supportive when it comes to my cars. Shes always telling me "i wish we were in your car" when ever we go out. She usually will tell me about or send me a picture of a z when she sees one.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:56 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear all this crap about convertibles and women, but all the women in my life hate my convertible. Their hair gets mussed. My wife has accepted it, though. What a champ.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:32 AM
zach711f

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If my wife would get a hobby I could get more done on the car lol.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:03 AM
ocdz

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
I just stone faced and asked her if she was trying to ruin a solid marriage.
Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
When I want to hear my wife's opinion on my Z, I'll walk into the kitchen and give it to her.
Best. Responses. Ever.

My girlfriend (of 6ish years) does not care. I'll ask her opinion if I should buy something, but our money is seperate and really she has no say in the end. I buy what I want. She buys all sort of clothes, make-up, and other crap she doesn't need. I don't judge her she doesn't judge me. It's win,win,win (I win twice)
Old 11-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Chuckles_031

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my wife is jealous of my car, but then again my car never gives me any ****, so I guess it's an easy choice. Not to mention the fact that she constantly complains that I never invest any money in her car. I don't want to spend money on a honda, I want to spend money on my Z. Get a damn job and buy your own parts.

Last edited by Chuckles_031; 11-10-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:35 PM
evets

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I was looking at a used vette. My wife said get something reasonably priced, new with a warrantee rather than a used p.o.s.! 2 weeks later I had a brand new HR Enthusiast 6mt. 6 years later . . . Zero regrets! Wife still likes riding in the Z! I still open the door to the garage to see it! This never gets old!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:50 PM
bluelineshooter

She left me over a year ago. I've since only had one seat (Sparco fighter) installed. No need to have the extra weight.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Nick Mystic

My wife and I pretty much have our own cars. When I bought my Z a few days later I let her drive it for a few miles on the way home from somewhere. She liked driving it okay, but she's not big into cars, so she doesn't bug me to let her drive it. That's been the only time she's driven it in nearly two years. Our other car (her car) is a Mazda 3 hatchback. When I drive it I can see that the steering and the clutch are quite a bit different, so I'm a little anxious with having my wife drive the Z. In particular, the steering on the Z is much quicker than the Mazda 3 and I notice my wife has a tendency to wander a bit on the road when she's driving the Mazda. You can't drive like that in the Z without getting into trouble, so I'm glad my wife isn't that interested in driving my Z. For the most part my Z is a garage queen, which I keep looking immaculate. When my wife does say something about wanting to drive my Z I just tell her as soon as she starts keeping her car looking as clean as mine she can drive it and that usually ends things.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:21 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not a problem for me, I bought (the ex) her own Z (twice!). Problem solved.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Stotts300 appears to be a slow learner (I bought the ex two Zs). Has the new ex picked out the color of her Z yet. Are you taking applications for the job?
Old 11-10-2012, 11:02 PM
OkashiZ

had a girlfriend for 3 years, we were living together, I didn't think my car interfered with our relationship but she said I spent more time with my z than I did with her with her. She never told me it bothered her so I guess I was supposed to read her mind (and failed to do that). A totally unrelated argument led to her giving me the option of my z or her. I chose the z. This was possibly the best decision I've made with a relationship.

Last edited by OkashiZ; 11-10-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:23 AM
RandyK1

There is a very good reason that all of my new parts get sent to my work address and not my home.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:00 AM
tazicon

Since I have been with my wife she has had to deal with my Jeep obsession, so the Z she feels is tame. In other words no issues after 13 years of marriage. Cars don't get in the way they just give her space as well.