Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

first day of your 350z

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Looking4myZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin cornejo
Where you located man? I need some Z buddies to roll with me to Westheimer on Saturdays!
Kevin we can roll there when I get home... It's Devon by the way haha.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:14 PM
Slyguy_38

I had this buddy growing up. His dad had a 240Z. Grey and basically stock, but to a little boy it was amazing. This same guy bought another Z a few years later. A fully optioned 280ZX. A black and gold anniversary edition. T-tops and everything. I decided, even as a teen, I would own one some day.

A few years pass. I was 18. A buddy of mine bought a 1990 300ZX TwinTurbo. Blew away any Z I'd ever seen up to that. One ride in it and I wanted one even more. Then marriages came, kids, etc. I still want one.

My dad buys one. An '07 Touring 6MT coupe.

I figured I'd be able to ****** it up later when he's done with it. No such luck. He trades it in on something else.

3 years later, I decide I've had enough waiting for one and start looking. Find this silver '06 350ZR 6MT. Frosted leather, navigation. The works. Only 45K miles. Perfect color scheme. Love it

Was at the dealership a couple of hours. Missus is with me. She's not as thrilled with the car (because she can't drive a manual) but I'm enthralled. Took so many pictures. I hadn't drove 20 feet out of the delivery lane and I stop. Put the top down. It's damn cold out that night but I didn't care. Stopped for some food and put the top back up. Drove home, grinning from ear to ear.

Next day, drove it non stop. City, interstate, canyon. All of it. Top down, listening to that unmistakable 350Z exhaust with each shift. Pull into a convenience store to grab a soda. Walk back out and just stare at it. Can this really be happening? This gorgeous Z is mine?

It's been many years since I've wanted one and only been 11 days since I bought it but it's incredible. Every second...
Attached Thumbnails first day of your 350z-black-350z.jpg   first day of your 350z-2006-350z-grand-touring-conv.jpg  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:14 AM
morenos350

Was at work got a text from my bro with a pic of a 350z that said "its yours" I didn't believe it at first then get home to see my pops in the Z and said like my new car? After that drive it all day till I ran out of gas. Was 20 when I got it two years later this thing still blows me away and still makes me say to myself "Damn I drive a Z"
Old 01-17-2013, 12:57 AM
CoronaStylez

I picked up mine recently. I'm a V8 guy. Was at the used car dealership because my beater eclipse was on its way out. My choices were WS6, Mustang GT, Miata, all were around the same year early 2000 with around 80k miles. I only wanted a stick shift. I test drove them all and told the dealer I would be back in a few days.

When I get back this silver 350z is sitting on the lot. I peek in and its a six speed, 2003 with 53k! wow something is wrong with it. So it's raining out but I take it for a test drive. At first break I push it into a wet corner pretty fast, wtf understeer? That's not supposed to happen. Why is this friction zone on this clutch so short? This radio sounds like crap. The only thing I'm stoked about is the miles and the price. 5 hours later I buy it mainly because of the miles and style. Figuring I can modify it later.

Funny thing happens the next day. I decide to take the long way home down the canyons and CA coast to REALLY drive the car. Found out what the vdc does, got used to the clutch, played with some of the shift points...the stereo still sucks but whatever. I drove all day and had a date that night. Took her for a spin then went for some chronic tacos and parked out front.

I will **** you not I purposely sat us on the patio so I can stare at my car. And I often stare at her in disbelief (the car). She (the car)surprised me, I can't say that about most vehicles or women.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:13 AM
RENFRO

Received 112 Likes on 75 Posts

Good thread to bring back memories! I picked up my black '03 track edition in Jan. 2011. Trailered it behind my excursion from where I bought it to my home at the time because of snow in the area. I pulled it off the trailer and went down the street and back with it then into the garage until spring! Lots of changes since then and I'm still in love with it.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:29 AM
SilverStone2003

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I traded my friend my IS300 for the Z. Reason I traded was for mileage, my IS was flawless but had high miles 150K. The Z only had 67K it was the grand touring model so i went ahead and traded him. I absolutely love the Z. BUT it sat in his garage for 2 years never driven, just started it and ran it for 10-15min and then turned it off. The tires were dry rotted, and the clutch was bad come to find that out after a few days of the trade.

So I had to replace the clutch, went with the JWT kit and all 4 19in tires. Tires ARE NOT cheap. Im satisfied with the car though. It needs a new motor or a valve job. Purchasing a low mileage motor tho from a friend 2100miles away.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Northeast

got arrested an hour after I left dealership on highway.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:56 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Loved getting it although financing was a *****.

I never had RWD before and a car with this much power. I burnt up the tires within the first month.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:12 PM
shine-EZ

Left the dealership, sidewayz thru an intersection and almost hit a person walking across the street. Filled it with gas and drove back to my hometown. Get back and every chick in town was starring at me and my boy- took it to the tint shop to get murdered out and been loving it everyday since. The z is a car thst can handle all the abuse in the world! When im mad she makes me happy, when i ask her to put out she lights the tires up everytime!
I drive it daily,
I bought a 2003 GT with 130,000 onit and now the odo reads 270,000. Shes a champ, doesnt even burn oil love this car!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Maddox350z

Let's see here. I had my Z shipped to me because it was cheaper to do that than to drive to where it was. When it pulled into my driveway was the first official time that I had seen it in person (I know not the smartest move, but oh well its been a year and it hasn't blown up so I'll call it a win right now.) I "kinda" knew how to drive a stick and by kinda I mean I spent twenty minutes trying to get it in reverse. Kept putting it in 6th and it knocking itself back into neutral. I live on a country road with uneven pavement and gravel so it didn't help in my learning. Got to smell the wonderful smell of smoking clutch as my dad who is all old school muscle cars and such told me how I should have gotten a V8 automatic muscle car. Even with all that I knew I had made the right choice and I instantly loved the car. I wouldn't recommend the way I went about things to anyone but it has worked out for me
Old 01-19-2013, 06:24 PM
350zsunshinefl

Got home was so excited, it was late at night so I didn't wash it, but I couldnt fall asleep and actually finally fell asleep at like 4am and woke up at 8, first thing I did was wash it/wax it
then I had to wait a day to register it, longest weekend of my life.

Still can't stop listening to the VQ wookie noise
Old 01-19-2013, 08:13 PM
zswickliffe

Originally Posted by Northeast
got arrested an hour after I left dealership on highway.
If not a troll post, story?
Old 01-20-2013, 08:57 AM
STL 350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first Z (Red 03 Touring Auto), I saw it at this small side of the road dealer and I would stop once a day to look at it when the place closed. One day I stopped and while they were open and someone came out and yelled "You're buying that car today!" I turned around and said I can't afford it and the guy said "Yeah you can, you take it out for a drive and I will get the paperwork done" I took the keys and it was snowing that day. I took it to where my bestfriend works and she told me I looked pretty good driving it. The guy at the dealership. I got back to the dealer and he said "My friend at the bank has your check waiting on you just go pick it up and bring it back here". Dude ended up selling it to me for $10,000 even and this was back in 2008! Reason being it used to be his daughters car and he got her something else and had no money in it and by the security cameras he knew I had been stopping once at least once a night for two weeks. LOL!

My white Z (current) I just pretty much stopped to look at it and ended up leaving with it and couldn't be happier. I took it home and washed it just to stare all day long at the beauty lol!

Last edited by STL 350Z; 01-20-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:46 AM
hatefreeZ

I found my Z on ebay and happened to be in my area so i drove to look at it and it bought it on the spot and the first thing i ever did to the car was blow the fuse to the dash lights and set the carpet on fire changing said fuse