Sponsored by:

Drove my first 350z (revised)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Jseams
Touche...

I can agree with this... and I'll stop "trolling".

I just got annoyed at some of the initial ignorance expressed in the first couple of pages. Any car can be made fast... and with the MS3 it is a fairly easy and cheap leap. To be honest, I like Z's.. I just find that there are a lot of them being owned by drivers that seem to be a little thick when it comes to knowing exactly what they have and what other platforms are capable of.

Anyhow - you all have a great night!

edit: meh
Edit: forget it. Who cares.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 04-06-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:10 AM
86azms3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the argument is there are a couple of pompous *******s here who think their 350z's are the **** and ms3's are shitbox's.

I've test driven one. I liked it, but in the end thought it lacked the hp and torque that I wanted as well as feeling cheap inside for the price. Also I felt it wouldn't fit my needs for a 5yr period...ie room.

The ms3 did fit my needs. Stock for stock it's faster then a normal 350z, and HR would take it stock.

But mod for mod, the MS3 is a quicker animal. That's the nature of forced induction, it's a multiplier for power. And it's easy to make decent power before hitting a roof. You can easily make 400+whp/400wtq stock block and stock frame turbo. $3K and you can have that.

Many a people have underestimated these "shitboxes" but the reality of it is I can sit 5 people, couple hundred dollars worth of groceries, or put the seat down and carry a **** ton of gear. It looks very decent inside and out. And it's fun when I beat the **** out of 5.0s, ctsv's, z06s, and most of everything that comes my way.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:53 AM
J 0 K 3 R

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and you think we are delusional. stop spewing false information. a modded z or turbo z is in a different league than your car. 400whp is not that impressinve. stock 5.0 makes more hp than that and will smash you and your not with 100hp hp of a vette.
and these rolling frwy races are by amateurs that cant get in the right gear to get the rpm up.
btw i dont have to look like a soccer mom when i go snowboarding its called another vehicle, ie a truck. econobox FTL.
GO away.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:07 PM
fb305

Originally Posted by 86azms3
I think the argument is there are a couple of pompous *******s here who think their 350z's are the **** and ms3's are shitbox's.

I've test driven one. I liked it, but in the end thought it lacked the hp and torque that I wanted as well as feeling cheap inside for the price. Also I felt it wouldn't fit my needs for a 5yr period...ie room.

The ms3 did fit my needs. Stock for stock it's faster then a normal 350z, and HR would take it stock.

But mod for mod, the MS3 is a quicker animal. That's the nature of forced induction, it's a multiplier for power. And it's easy to make decent power before hitting a roof. You can easily make 400+whp/400wtq stock block and stock frame turbo. $3K and you can have that.

Many a people have underestimated these "shitboxes" but the reality of it is I can sit 5 people, couple hundred dollars worth of groceries, or put the seat down and carry a **** ton of gear. It looks very decent inside and out. And it's fun when I beat the **** out of 5.0s, ctsv's, z06s, and most of everything that comes my way.
How did I not know this?! You can buy an MS3 and put $3K in it and have a freakin' supercar that will smoke pretty much everything on the road! Why isn't everyone driving these things?

Seriously, if you're happy with your MS3 that's great, but go back to your own site and talk to people that share your enthusiasm and don't worry about what other people think of your car.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:16 PM
logan09

Originally Posted by 86azms3

Just had to quote this for stupidity. Keep dreaming that you're smoking z06's. You must not have much come your way either
Old 04-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Jseams

Originally Posted by J 0 K 3 R
and you think we are delusional. stop spewing false information. a modded z or turbo z is in a different league than your car. 400whp is not that impressinve. stock 5.0 makes more hp than that and will smash you and your not with 100hp hp of a vette.
and these rolling frwy races are by amateurs that cant get in the right gear to get the rpm up.
btw i dont have to look like a soccer mom when i go snowboarding its called another vehicle, ie a truck. econobox FTL.
GO away.
Ah, the idiot who started all this appears!

Do you know how much a stock 5.0 puts to the ground, WHEEL hp, not manufacturers BHP figures? Apparently not... because it's LESS than 400whp. You really don't know **** about cars do you?

modded ms3 vs modded 5.0 we are having issues with those mustangs right now - we have a pretty long thread with videos of a 400whp MS3 getting walked by about a car and half at 120 by a modded 5.0 pushing 430whp. Both the MS3 and the 5.0 drivers are members... but to say a STOCK 5.0 has over 400whp just shows that you really don't know what the **** you are talking about. They dyno at about 360-370rwhp, btw... but I'm certain that you don't have a ****ing clue as to what the difference is between whp and bhp is. Which is kinda funny considering google is a click away.

If your knowledge of cars is any indication, I'd rape you from a dig, from a roll and probably do it with with 3 passengers and groceries in the back. lol

oh, and

"Originally Posted by J O K E R

30psi was a sarcastic number. anything over 20psi is crazy.add 8 lbs of boost to both stock cars and z will destroy an ms3. stock for stock it destroys the ms3. i will put any amount of money that a fully tuned and modded, non turbo, Z w/e85 will destroy a fully modded and tuned e85 ms3. i also doubt that the ms3 will get traction with fwd, or make 320whp. not to mention a lot of these VQ35 engines are making 550hp+ on a turbo setup, i dont see an ms3 engine doing that. its like the honda guys trying to make 300whp."

You are in LA - we have a huge NATOR chapter in SoCal. I suggest you make an account and a thread over on mazdaspeedforums.org and put your money where your mouth is. I'm positive there are a multitude of MS3's that fit this mold that can run you for whatever money you can put up.

Last edited by Jseams; 04-06-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:13 PM
86azms3

GO away.
No a modded Z is not. A built and turbo z, sure. 5.0's are quick but still no match. You do realize 400whp =/= 400 crank hp right? C5 z06 please, C6's are a different animal though but I've held my own. I've even beaten 2nd gen ctsv's. I'm not saying your car can do it. But to think that our "econobox's" are not a threat would be wrong.

Roll races are what they are, a chance to show who has the bigger peen. Just because you're slow doesn't mean you have to get all angry.

If you have someone in Phoenix, send em my way. I'm all for a friendly race. I mean I only have 400whp, I can't be that fast, why don't we race?

Last edited by 86azms3; 04-06-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:17 PM
86azms3

Originally Posted by logan09
Just had to quote this for stupidity. Keep dreaming that you're smoking z06's. You must not have much come your way either
Yes, if you can't smoke a c5 z06, you're slow.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:12 PM
J 0 K 3 R

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why dont you guys drop a link to that so cal race chapter or wtvr. and i will post up when im goin to a track/strip. it will be soon.
and i got somethin for you, mr.arizona. lol
Old 04-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

why dont you guys drop a link to that so cal race chapter or wtvr. and i will post up when im goin to a track/strip. it will be soon.
and i got somethin for you, mr.arizona. lol
Lol I just watched that movie. God it fuels this car addiction even more.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Golden_Armz

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

honestly the Z is not that fast. people clowning on the mazda3 probably never drove one. im sure its a fun little car. although it looks like a station wagon. but you should look for a stock Z. theres also nothing wrong with getting the DE or rev up. i own a rev-up and im pretty happy with it.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:29 PM
xI Leveler Ix

I'm down to race some Z's at the track (or anywhere honestly) in SoCal

2006 VRM Speed6 here. Basic mods on 91 octane.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Street racing on 91 octane? You hardcore, bro.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:15 PM
xI Leveler Ix

You English Bro?
lol
Like I said, I'm down to race, not talk.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:35 PM
man03999

Why do you two drive half way to meet up.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
Dad fights are the best though.

I prefer watching mom fights though.

...two hot cougars with fake balloons... That's the stuff dreams are made of...

Last edited by Syner; 04-06-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Mikeman92

Lol @ OP sending his MS3 friends here. I just think it's funny that they have the time or even care enough to come and justify their subject taste. At the end of the day it's a 350z forum and we will say what we say. We don't bother going to your forum to talk about this crap because we do not care. The fact that you came here to even argue over this just reflects immaturity and maybe way too much free time. I bet you have a gossip thread over on your site, complaining like school girls that a 350z forum mentioned something negative about your MS3.

Also, no body cares about what the MS3 has beaten in a race. Any car can be made faster than any car.

If you want to keep bitching like little school girls to justify your purchase of a MS3 then fine, continue. However, in the end we care more about our Zs and what you say is irrelevant to us.

Lol, if OP brings his friends in here to defend his previous car, I seriously hope he doesn't get a Z. Do not need him in the Z community.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:00 PM
boostedmazda3
Banned

I am down to race any of you NA z's here in so cal. We will keep it friendly no money or anything just to see whats up. I have a go pro ill throw the video on youtube to educate the public. Anyone down or you guys all talk?
Old 04-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Mikeman92

Originally Posted by boostedmazda3
I am down to race any of you NA z's here in so cal. We will keep it friendly no money or anything just to see whats up. I have a go pro ill throw the video on youtube to educate the public. Anyone down or you guys all talk?
*sigh*

Once again, no one cares. No one needs to be educated that any car can be made faster than any car. Even if your car is faster, there will be a faster Z, then a faster MS3, and then an even faster Z. That's how it goes, there's always someone who has money and spends it to make it faster than everything else.

If your car is faster, no one will care. We love our cars, and no wagon with more hp and a no life forum troll is gonna change that.

Last edited by Mikeman92; 04-06-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:22 PM
boostedmazda3
Banned

ok so well count you out then...a 350z with similar mods to me any takers?

Quick Reply: Drove my first 350z (revised)