Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Buying a Rebuilt 350z

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 10:52 AM
NissanZguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quattrone21
Here in Florida you could sit on a piece of ply wood with some bike tires and a motor, slap some flash lights on the front and you're good to go

Smog test? WTF is that tree hugger hippie ****. WE RUN TEST PIPES ALL DAY.

OP: DO NOT BUY, find better.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Neeko94

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!
pay the money for a Z that has been treated well.
it will cost you more...but less down the road. Z will burn a small hole in your pocket.
Im practically working for mine...but hey...I love it.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:21 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by Quattrone21
Here in Florida you could sit on a piece of ply wood with some bike tires and a motor, slap some flash lights on the front and you're good to go
HAHAHAHA I know we are required to have mini bikes and go karts registered to drive on the street but thats just funny.

Originally Posted by NissanZguy

Smog test? WTF is that tree hugger hippie ****. WE RUN TEST PIPES ALL DAY.

OP: DO NOT BUY, find better.

I will agree on this point, too many got damn cars, too much air pollution, glad all my cars are registered in Nevada now, I can do what I want.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:34 PM
romeov

To each their own, but I got my 2007 HR Grand Touring with 42k for $8500 with a rebuilt title and it's been absolutely perfect since day one. The only issue I've ever had with it is one bad TPMS sensor I'm replacing. Drives straight as an arrow and like a bat out of hell. To each their own, I just didn't feel like spending the extra 10 grand. Progressive had no problem insuring it.

I'm sure there are bad experiences out there as well, you obviously have to do your homework. No blown airbags, no frame damage, it's not rocket science if you saw the damage it had and how it was repaired.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:05 PM
IV_SD_350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tread with caution my friend. Ask yourself " why is he selling it in the first place?" Is it a BS story? Shop around and remember Caveat Emptor
Old 08-08-2013, 11:50 AM
350zsunshinefl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by romeov
To each their own, but I got my 2007 HR Grand Touring with 42k for $8500 with a rebuilt title and it's been absolutely perfect since day one. The only issue I've ever had with it is one bad TPMS sensor I'm replacing. Drives straight as an arrow and like a bat out of hell. To each their own, I just didn't feel like spending the extra 10 grand. Progressive had no problem insuring it.

I'm sure there are bad experiences out there as well, you obviously have to do your homework. No blown airbags, no frame damage, it's not rocket science if you saw the damage it had and how it was repaired.
**so far, keep you fingers crossed

There are obviously cases out there like this guys no airbags deployed etc, but even in that scenario you never know if its a ticking bomb.

My friend chose to do the same thing with an e92 m3, long story short ended up taking a huge loss on it, and the car was just like yours no frame damage, but air bags did deploy.
In retrospect he said he would rather spend the extra money and have a clean car with a peace of mind.

Honestly whenever someone asks me about buying a salvage/rebuilt title car I tell them to stay away.

Obviously there are scenarios out there where there is a happy ending, but you have to realize that the car you are buying with salvage is a throw away kind of deal, meaning you aren't going to get much if any of your money back when you want to move on to a different car, $8,500 may be pocket change for you, meaning you can afford to throw the car out after you are done with it, but for most people buying daily drivers - residual value is a concern.