Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Accident last night, is the Z a total lost?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 08:03 AM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

if your insurance doesn't want to total it, go through her insurance and see what they say. When my wife crashed her TL, the other persons insurance said it was fixable for cheap and not a total loss, while our insurance said it was totaled. We went with our insurance..
Old 09-20-2013, 08:11 AM
A-Town-Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to hear you are ok man! Sorry about your Z.. people need to learn to just drive and pay attention when they are in their vehicles. All the other s*** can wait.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:11 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Please keep us updated!!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Hopefully it's totalled. Glad you're ok. Did she admit fault or is she going to play this out?
Old 09-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Neeko94

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TAKE THOSE PARTS OFF ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you need to sell the diffuser, ill take it
Old 09-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Callmetony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Syner
Hopefully it's totalled. Glad you're ok. Did she admit fault or is she going to play this out?
OP mentioned she blacked out so probably won't admit anything but that shouldn't cause any problems. Good luck with insurance and all that
Old 09-20-2013, 09:00 AM
inesshell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not totaled. my car was in worst and needed a new subframe and rear suspension, door, several panels, and a seat airbag. Was not totaled but than again the person that hit me was under geiko and their claim adjuster was just an *******.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:01 AM
stuartc323

Bro its totalled, you will be ok getting it totalled
Old 09-20-2013, 09:13 AM
brandonz33hr

Sorry that happened to you and your Z. Not to be "that guy", but I'll buy your wing off of you. Maybe diffuser too. PM me a price for each when you get a chance. Thank you.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:59 AM
JERZ350

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Collect the damages, get 370Z, pain and suffering the difference
Old 09-20-2013, 12:33 PM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by JERZ350
Get a Nismo! Either 350Z or 370Z.

If I could do it all over again I would have gotten a Nismo 350Z.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't think it's totalled but damn OP glad you are ok

That is pretty much everyones worst nightmare

In for updates from the adjustor
Old 09-20-2013, 02:04 PM
stuartc323

I feel like there is a lot of work to be put into the repairs
Old 09-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Yahitscody
Banned

Thank god you got out of that without bodily harm man. Another Z bites the dust.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:21 PM
inesshell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im still working with my lawyer to get cheap *** geico to reimburse the lost value on the z.........1.5 years later. If the other person's insurance is geico GL and hope you have more fortunes than i did.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:00 PM
calidrew909

try to get at least 12k in money then use that for a downpayment on another z
Old 09-21-2013, 02:57 AM
GHOST1207

UPDATE: Sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys, been a busy day and now typing this out at 3am, just got off work a couple hours ago.

First thing first, went and got checked up at an urgent care office for my pains. Doc said I'm alright, everything should go away sooner or later and if it persists or worsens to come back and get x rays done etc. Wrote me up a prescription for ibuprofen. Best news I've received so far.

Now for the more important part, adjuster actually called me while I was in the waiting room and the doctors office, spoke to him until they called me in and gave him a call back after I got home. The Z is def totaled no questions asked. Major damage to the rear uni body on the rear and driver side rear panels, passenger door, and unknown damage underneath from coming off the freeway and getting high centered on a mound. I'm pretty sure that's all damages he told me, basically said I was rear ended so hard it actually bent the whole rear portion. So my Z is now banana shaped and if I was to start it up and not touch the steering wheel, it would do circles. Even if they replaced everything and fixed it, there was no guarantee it would be truly straight again. Glad that she was a total loss, as sad as it is.

So he gave me the current market value is around lower 20k before adding in taxes, DMV registration refund and whatnot. Sounds like a fair price, as far as the aftermarket stuff goes, I'm gonna have to talk to the appraiser or whoever it was that comes next in the process for the rear diffuser, sides, exhaust, spoiler, and wheels. KBB has it listed around 20k as well too. I already released the Z before posting this thread, so I wasn't sure if I was still able to take off any mods at all. My first accident of this nature so still not sure of how it all works.

All that's left is trying to get information on the other driver, CHP still hasn't gotten a face page with basic info yet to give to my insurance. Hopefully by Monday it'll be available so Allstate can go after her and maybe her insurance can get me into a rental, if they admit fault, instead of borrowing my parents car at the moment. From what I heard she lives in Chino and I guess was heading home from Vegas, drove a brand new 2013 Civic. She had her vehicle towed out early since it wasn't there when I went to go grab my personal belongings out of my car, pics were taken at the tow yard as well.

Originally Posted by winchman
Have her phone records checked. Most likely she was texting or talking, which is just like being blacked out for most people most of the time.

Can't tell if the airbags deployed. Definite total if they did. Hope they total it otherwise. You don't want it back as a driver after all that damage. It might make a fun track car, though, unless the alignment and suspension is all messed up under the car.

Looks like the first hit turned you to the right, and then she bulldozed you in the passenger door. That door beam is pretty stout.

Hope you heal quickly!!
I'm guessing she either fell asleep behind the wheel or was txting no doubt about it. Air bags never deployed, and I don't have side air bags. thankfully didn't have a passenger with me after the work she did on that door.

Originally Posted by KingBaby
You'd want it totalled...

take those parts off asap

Glad you're alive man...
Glad to see you still post around King! Just browsed your thread, wingless now?

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
By the way, she is full of crap she was on the phone or doing something when she hit you. Damn that sucks for somebody else to do this to you when you take such good care of your car. I actually don't know if you do but I am assuming so since most of us on here do.

Good luck and feel better.

Make sure you get an amount of money you feel you deserve, do not settle if they low-ball you.
Took care of her the best I could even though she was my daily, sad to see the state it was in.

Originally Posted by taryon
Yeah that looks pretty messed up man. And it looked so nice
Will post pics before the accident as soon as I can.

Originally Posted by NoQuestionZ
Hopefully you have extra "Aftermarket Parts" insurance. I pay $82/month with $4k of aftermarket parts coverage. Basically to cover exhaust, and wheels if I had an accident.

I would think it's totaled. Get on KBB and nada to make sure the value of your car is accurately assessed.
I actually don't have that on my insurance, didn't have much on it to warrant it, bought nearly all my mods used here on the forums.

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
Oh man! Good to hear you are ok from that hit!

I wouldn't be surprised if that girl was DUI'ing or distracted/texting on the phone.
Wouldn't be surprised if she was drinking and driving.

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
Yes but you lose the power steering and power brakes. It is much harder to steer and brake like that when compared to the car being on.
Sorry guys, I meant I lost power steering and brakes, thanks for correcting me.

Originally Posted by A-Town-Z
Glad to hear you are ok man! Sorry about your Z.. people need to learn to just drive and pay attention when they are in their vehicles. All the other s*** can wait.
Some people don't learn, I drive so slow at night for better mileage and relax a little.

Originally Posted by JERZ350
Won't be getting into another Z, need something more practical and better mpg for a daily. Later in life, be it next gen Z or GT-R.

Originally Posted by Waizzz
I don't think it's totalled but damn OP glad you are ok

That is pretty much everyones worst nightmare

In for updates from the adjustor
Damn your Z looks different last I've seen it posted around here lol. How are you liking your Fit? Been looking at getting one.

Originally Posted by Yahitscody
Thank god you got out of that without bodily harm man. Another Z bites the dust.
Never thought I'd see my car the way it sat that night, I honestly thought my next thread on here was going to be a build thread.

Thanks for the kind words and all the help and input guys, I really appreciated and glad to see the Z community is still holding it together.

-Rich
Old 09-21-2013, 04:07 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least you got the ball rolling and you have been checked out by the Dr.

I used to live very close to the 15/210 fwy in Rancho and remember how crazy that fwy would get. She should get you a rental or your insurance should give you one and send her the bill.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:25 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

When I was hit, it was mine and my insurance's responsability to get the other driver's name. The police only fill out the report. Your insurance company can easily get her information from her insurance information.

Glad to hear it is totalled. Any idea on what will be the replacement?
Old 09-21-2013, 09:00 PM
kaze06

Yeah, that thing just became a drift car/scrap metal.

Good luck in your inevitable hunt to find a new one.

Won't be getting into another Z, need something more practical and better mpg for a daily. Later in life, be it next gen Z or GT-R.
We'll see

Last edited by kaze06; 09-21-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Accident last night, is the Z a total lost?