Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident last night, is the Z a total lost?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 12:46 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WTF! Gaddamn beotch!

See this is what fires me up about CA. You pay out the **** for auto insurance, gas, registration etc, then when some beotch like this hits you, she can deny it (gave the phone to her dad wtf) and you (the victim) are left out in the cold. I hope the insurance comes through so this can get settled and I hope her insurance finds her at fault in the matter.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:55 PM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The police will sort it out. I really hope she gets in trouble because she is a ***** for what she did.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Callmetony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Daddy's girl is going to have a hard time living in the real world when she has to grow up and take responsibility for her own actions.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:45 AM
Callmetony

Either that or she'll just get married and pass the phone to her husband next time
Old 09-25-2013, 07:00 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

If you want to get a new car in the short term, I would just let your insurance pay for the totaled Z. Then they will sort out who is at fault in the accident and if they are able to collect from the other company, they will reimburse your deductible. Since she is not cooperating, I don't really see an alternative unless you are willing to keep waiting.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:58 AM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
If you want to get a new car in the short term, I would just let your insurance pay for the totaled Z. Then they will sort out who is at fault in the accident and if they are able to collect from the other company, they will reimburse your deductible. Since she is not cooperating, I don't really see an alternative unless you are willing to keep waiting.
do NOT do this.. your insurance rates will skyrocket!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:39 PM
dima112

i'd make sure its tabbed under "totalled" and i would take off that diffuser off of the rear bumper.. and you should sell me those front grille attachments, IF they're not broken completely
Old 09-26-2013, 12:25 AM
GHOST1207

Little update, finished paperwork to release ownership and title to Allstate, submitted receipts for some mods that added a little more cash to the overall value to the Z. Just sent the papers earlier today, FedEx overnight express, just waiting to fill out the SR71 (or at least I think that's the one) for the DMV. All is set for them to send out the check for the total loss.

As far as myself, I feel like I'm back to 100 percent health, no more soreness or waking up lightheaded. Very happy there's no long term damage to myself and as far as the claim against the other driver is at a standstill until we receive the collision report from CHP. Should explain what they thought happened and who was at fault, then we will go after her by law if the report shows she's at fault. Fingers crossed, hits and tire marks on the road are cut and clear that I got rear ended at a high rate of speed in the farthest right lane.

Originally Posted by NFSP 350
Was a beautiful Z, so sorry to see this. Hope it all works out. Did she not get a ticket for failure to provide insurance. I know in Florida your required to have Registration & proof of insurance on you can be cited a ticket
I have no clue if she was handed a ticket for not providing insurance to CHP when asked, but wouldn't doubt it, pretty sure it works the same in California if I'm not mistaken.

Originally Posted by travlee9374
i know in texas if you rear end someone 95% of the time it is the person that did the rear ending fault. she just doesnt want to admit she was drunk, texting or whatever so they are trying to place the blame on you.
I think they're just beating around the bush maybe thinking I had no insurance or thought I wouldn't go after them. To my knowledge there's no claim against me from them and they seem to not have picked up their own copy of the face page to try and contact me. Seems a little strange they're avoiding giving up information and attaining it.

Originally Posted by oldschool350z
In any state if you're rear ended its the other persons fault! Well I would hope because it's common sense.
Right? Common sense isn't common anymore.

most of the time down here the cops do what is called a blue form and let the insurance companies hash it out.
Pretty much around here as well too.

Originally Posted by verdict.
Sorry to hear about your Z -- glad you are alright though.

Hopefully insurance takes care of you and the other driver gets what she deserves!
Originally Posted by stuartc323
OP had this happen to me when a guy flipped my truck in my first accident ever, he tried to not give me insurance info saying i was at fault but the police said he was at fault and my insurance company went after him harder because he refused to provide his info which is illegal in California.
I honestly hope their rates go up the roof and think twice trying to screw someone over for their mistakes.

Originally Posted by Callmetony
When you say sub-compact do you have something more specific in mind? Based on your cost concerns I'm envisioning like a ford focus or maybe a Subaru impreza or something. Just curious what your choices are
Was looking at a Toyota Yaris SE auto and Nissan Versa Note SV with SL tech package. Test drove them both earlier today and the Note has so much more to offer at the same price as the Yaris. Was quite disappointed with the Yaris, only thing it had going was a more crisp steering and brakes, but I wouldn't pay 18k for it, more like 14-15k. Had no extra options, did come with Bluetooth, but stops there. 4 speed transmission is outdated, kept trying to find that perfect gear while driving. The Note on the other hand was quite interesting; roomy, CVT trans is def cool, the amount of tech you get at 18k is amazing, and best of all, highest in class mpg at 31/40 35 combined. Ride was quiet, comfy, and just felt right getting back into a Nissan. Might be my next vehicle as of this moment.

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
WTF! Gaddamn beotch!

See this is what fires me up about CA. You pay out the **** for auto insurance, gas, registration etc, then when some beotch like this hits you, she can deny it (gave the phone to her dad wtf) and you (the victim) are left out in the cold. I hope the insurance comes through so this can get settled and I hope her insurance finds her at fault in the matter.
Exactly, they have all these laws and will go after you and rape you in the *** if you don't have proof of ins or registration. Hell if someone without any of those hit you, then you're sol and its between you and your ins to figure it out. I honestly thought it was illegal that if you do have ins and fail to provide it when needed in an accident.

Daddy's girl is going to have a hard time living in the real world when she has to grow up and take responsibility for her own actions.
Either that or she'll just get married and pass the phone to her husband next time
She handed the phone to her husband.

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
This is the route I have to take, I can't wait on the collision report to get into a rental, and it'll be salt on my wounds if my parents Camry takes a crap while borrowing it. I did however asked my agent and claim agent if my insurance will go up, they assured me it won't unless the other person is uninsured or not at fault for the accident according to the report.

Originally Posted by 350zchad
do NOT do this.. your insurance rates will skyrocket!
See above.

Originally Posted by dima112
i'd make sure its tabbed under "totalled" and i would take off that diffuser off of the rear bumper.. and you should sell me those front grille attachments, IF they're not broken completely
You should read all the posts in this thread, I'm not tracing my car back to the insurance yard just for an exhaust and diffuser that might be damaged. As for the grill, I did a delete a while back and sold the inserts to a member on here.

Again, thanks for all the help and advice guys, makes this whole situation easier that I'm able to vent and get second opinions on everything here.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:25 PM
slow7

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i remember when you texted me the bad news, just when we were planning stuff for the weekend this happens this still **** me off rich even if it wasnt my Z it has soooo much memories

Old 10-19-2013, 12:59 AM
GHOST1207

^^ Damn that pic brought a lot of memories, taken a little before that hella flush meet we accidently crashed in Santa Monica lol.

Anyway, if any of you guys are still following this thread, figured I'd update it. Feeling back to my old self and nothing hurts or sore anymore. Really grateful for that first and foremost, wish I could say that about the other parties insurance.

Collision report was available on the 3rd of this month, apparently who ever wrote out the face page didn't fill out the insurance info hence why it appeared as none, but it was written in on the actual report. CHP listed the damages to my car was drivers rear and passenger door, for her was frontal end and front fenders crumpled indicating it was indeed a rear ending that caused the accident. My statement was pretty much the same as I told everyone in the first post but for her, she was traveling from Colorado to Chino down in Southern California. She pretty much said she blacked out and the only thing she remembers was having her cruise control set to 75 (which I call bs) and traveling on the farthest left lane (again bs). CHP reported somehow she weaved into the farthest right lane where I was at and since she was speeding above the speed limit, she couldn't avoid the accident. So woot! She reported to be at fault for excessive speed on the report!

Now Infinity Ins, her ins, didn't contact me until the 12th. Freaking bs, almost a month after and they finally tried getting a hold of me on my cell after weeks of my insurance and agents leaving voice mails to them, and they still haven't talked to my insurance at all. Today I get letters in the mail from Infinity notifying me there is a claim with them and that they're investigating the accident to make sure the facts are straight, I mean what the hell is there to investigate when it's clearly a rear end on her part and report lists her at fault. Pretty pissed about all this still, I have no idea why they won't talk to Allstate and I won't talk them myself bc I'm pretty sure I don't need to and Allstate will handle this mess themselves, so who knows when I'll see my deductible. Any advice on this subject is appreciated.

On the greater good news, I did receive my total loss check around the 1st or so and went around shopping for a new car. I had the Versa Note in mind and went to go check them out but couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of cash on such a small cheap looking vehicle so started looking at small size sedans, namely the Sentra and '14 Corolla. Almost got in a '13 Sentra SV but dealer would not budge on price and wouldn't go under msrp even though it was a '13 and they had about a hundred of them in their lot. Left me disappointed, not gonna mention which Nissan dealer it was but will say it is a very popular one with enthusiasts here in SoCal. So went and looked at the new Corollas that just came in at the local Toyota dealer and was very impressed with the standard and optional equipments for the price and very roomy inside as well. 28/38 mpg with the CVT trans not counting the Eco and S model. After negotiating back and forth for a couple hours, found myself in a Classic Silver '14 Corolla LE Plus with grey ash interior and 6 miles on the dot for an awesome price. Pretty surprised they would go as low as they did given that in was in their lot for only a couple weeks. Bought it on the 7th and she already has about 850 miles on her, 100 percent happy with it, but do miss the Z every now and then...

Pretty much it there, wall of text lol, thank you guys for all the advice in this thread and I hope it helps other members out than may find themselves in this situation of going through a total loss. Oh and one more thing, anyone know of a good Toyota/Corolla forum?

-Rich
Old 10-19-2013, 02:20 AM
superstuddc27

Originally Posted by GHOST1207
^^ Damn that pic brought a lot of memories, taken a little before that hella flush meet we accidently crashed in Santa Monica lol.

Anyway, if any of you guys are still following this thread, figured I'd update it. Feeling back to my old self and nothing hurts or sore anymore. Really grateful for that first and foremost, wish I could say that about the other parties insurance.

Collision report was available on the 3rd of this month, apparently who ever wrote out the face page didn't fill out the insurance info hence why it appeared as none, but it was written in on the actual report. CHP listed the damages to my car was drivers rear and passenger door, for her was frontal end and front fenders crumpled indicating it was indeed a rear ending that caused the accident. My statement was pretty much the same as I told everyone in the first post but for her, she was traveling from Colorado to Chino down in Southern California. She pretty much said she blacked out and the only thing she remembers was having her cruise control set to 75 (which I call bs) and traveling on the farthest left lane (again bs). CHP reported somehow she weaved into the farthest right lane where I was at and since she was speeding above the speed limit, she couldn't avoid the accident. So woot! She reported to be at fault for excessive speed on the report!

Now Infinity Ins, her ins, didn't contact me until the 12th. Freaking bs, almost a month after and they finally tried getting a hold of me on my cell after weeks of my insurance and agents leaving voice mails to them, and they still haven't talked to my insurance at all. Today I get letters in the mail from Infinity notifying me there is a claim with them and that they're investigating the accident to make sure the facts are straight, I mean what the hell is there to investigate when it's clearly a rear end on her part and report lists her at fault. Pretty pissed about all this still, I have no idea why they won't talk to Allstate and I won't talk them myself bc I'm pretty sure I don't need to and Allstate will handle this mess themselves, so who knows when I'll see my deductible. Any advice on this subject is appreciated.

On the greater good news, I did receive my total loss check around the 1st or so and went around shopping for a new car. I had the Versa Note in mind and went to go check them out but couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of cash on such a small cheap looking vehicle so started looking at small size sedans, namely the Sentra and '14 Corolla. Almost got in a '13 Sentra SV but dealer would not budge on price and wouldn't go under msrp even though it was a '13 and they had about a hundred of them in their lot. Left me disappointed, not gonna mention which Nissan dealer it was but will say it is a very popular one with enthusiasts here in SoCal. So went and looked at the new Corollas that just came in at the local Toyota dealer and was very impressed with the standard and optional equipments for the price and very roomy inside as well. 28/38 mpg with the CVT trans not counting the Eco and S model. After negotiating back and forth for a couple hours, found myself in a Classic Silver '14 Corolla LE Plus with grey ash interior and 6 miles on the dot for an awesome price. Pretty surprised they would go as low as they did given that in was in their lot for only a couple weeks. Bought it on the 7th and she already has about 850 miles on her, 100 percent happy with it, but do miss the Z every now and then...

Pretty much it there, wall of text lol, thank you guys for all the advice in this thread and I hope it helps other members out than may find themselves in this situation of going through a total loss. Oh and one more thing, anyone know of a good Toyota/Corolla forum?

-Rich
Damn, glad things worked out for you. That **** is infuriating. People need to own up to their mistakes, it says a lot about a person.
Me on page 3
Me on page 4 :

I must have missed a few posts but why did you choose a Corolla (or similar cars) over a Z or sports car?

About 2 months ago, I impulsively bought a BlackVue Dash cam. I was going to go driving in the canyons and wanted to record it and someone on s2ki was selling it so I decided to buy one. Cost me about $200. Now, everyday I am glad I have it. Really, it's one of those "mods" that never gets suggested ever. It's not a big thing in the US but it is everywhere else in the world due to the shitty traffic. Particularly asia and russia. But it gives me SO MUCH peace of mind knowing that every single thing is being recorded from the moment the keys turn to the ON position. Anyone cuts me off, causes an accident, someone tries to start a fight, I get pulled over by a cop, whatever it is, everything is being recorded. The advantage is, I know it's being recorded, everyone else does not.
It gives you leverage, confidence and assurance in situations such as your accident. She can run her mouth and even blatantly lie and make things up but you just hand the video over to your insurance agent and it's over.

The blackvue also has GPS that records your speed at all times (which can be disabled) much like a black box, and has a program that shows you on googlemaps where you are going as it plays on the video player. Sound is ok but could be better. I only wish I got the 500 and not the 380g because the 380g is only 720p which is clear but not clear enough to catch license plates once the car is no longer right in front of you.
Also, the camera is pointed forward so you only get views of the fenders meaning a side swipe, t-bone or rear end isn't necessarily caught BUT it would show the impact, your speed, the situation at hand so even in your case, a camera would show you got rear ended big time.

Just throwing it out there, it's a set it and forget deal, it's like a DVR where it just runs every second you're in the car with the ignition on and it records over the oldest footage. On a 16gb microSD it goes back about 2 weeks for me. Also has an optional parking feature that allows you to record when the car is off and it detects motion and/or shaking.
Anyway, $200 would save some people a lot of trouble and after reading your situation with the ***** lying, I'd gladly pay $200 just for the assurance and peace of mind that you have evidence and she does not.

Btw, i dont work for blackvue or sell any kind of electronics. I dont work in business or sell things period. Research whatever camera you want but the blackvue is pretty popular over at s2ki and any dash cam even a crap one is better than nothing!

Glad you got things all settled. Most importantly, no lasting injuries. My friend once got in an accident and like a week later he got a bloody nose out of nowhere. lol that **** is scary.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:01 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A corolla ?? Sigh. So many other cars out there that are more reliable, sporty and cheap
Old 10-19-2013, 12:20 PM
GHOST1207

Originally Posted by superstuddc27
Damn, glad things worked out for you. That **** is infuriating. People need to own up to their mistakes, it says a lot about a person.
Me on page 3
Me on page 4 :

I must have missed a few posts but why did you choose a Corolla (or similar cars) over a Z or sports car?

Just throwing it out there, it's a set it and forget deal, it's like a DVR where it just runs every second you're in the car with the ignition on and it records over the oldest footage. On a 16gb microSD it goes back about 2 weeks for me. Also has an optional parking feature that allows you to record when the car is off and it detects motion and/or shaking.
Anyway, $200 would save some people a lot of trouble and after reading your situation with the ***** lying, I'd gladly pay $200 just for the assurance and peace of mind that you have evidence and she does not.

Glad you got things all settled. Most importantly, no lasting injuries. My friend once got in an accident and like a week later he got a bloody nose out of nowhere. lol that **** is scary.
I agree with you 100% people should own up when they fck up, I know she was def doing at least over 85mph easily and wasn't anywhere near the left lane when she came up on my rear view like that.

If anyone has missed my post on the replacement car or need more clarification, I recently moved 35 miles away from my work and plan to go to community college and currently living on my own with my gf. So the Z no longer fit the bill since it was the only car I owned with its mpg and lack of seating, I have younger brothers that I take out every while and borrowing parents cars for that is annoying, attention from ricers and cops here in SoCal, so why get into another one and complain about the same things. Didn't want to buy used, so the requirements were:

-Small sedan
-Brand new under 20k out the door, that's including taxes, registration fees etc. I didn't want to do financing or leasing, (I got mine for a damn good deal, it being a LE Plus model with some options at 19,850 msrp)
-Gets at least 25/35 mpg (28/38)
-Seats 4 comfortably (fit my gf, parents, and me fine with plenty of room to spare)
-Reliable with good warranty (All new toyotas comes with Toyota care, 2 years or 25k miles free maint and roadside assistance, and I've read on some forums factory lifetime engine and power train warranty if all maint are done on time)
-High resale value (It's a Toyota)
-Some sporty feeling to it (the steering is crisp for an electric one, handles pretty well for a non S model, but engine has no torque until 4k rpm when you need it though CVT trans makes up for that since there's no down shifting)
Comfortable and rides well (which it does perfectly though it's no Caddy)
-Avoid attention from ricers and cops (it's a damn Corolla, who's gonna take a second look at me)

You gave me new light on the idea of dash cams, living here with the sht drivers I deal with daily it would be good insurance that'll pay itself if something does happen. So I will def take a good look at it.

Originally Posted by oldschool350z
A corolla ?? Sigh. So many other cars out there that are more reliable, sporty and cheap
Sure there is, the used market is huge for a 20k budget filled with many fun cars, but I couldn't bring myself spending the time looking for something that wasn't modded, low mileage, gas efficient, roomy enough to my standards. A couple ones like Evo 8-9s, and WRXs crossed my mind so don't get me wrong, I love the sport compact scene as the next guy, but I'm just gonna have another nice fast car which I can't afford to mod the way I want and take it to Willow Springs etc which it deserves and rack up miles on it like crazy.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:21 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

OP that dash cam seems kinda cool , but I read a lot of bad on it. I really want a fwd and rear facing camera's on GPS. 2 mem card slots would be perfect , one to keep another to hand to the cops , I need to contact GoPro and Garmin about making something.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:55 AM
GHOST1207

I def agree on your requirements terra, bc it'd totally be useful at this point into this investigation about the claim.

Small update, my adjuster called me and told me she's going to ammend her statement with CHP since she felt they wrote some of her statement wrong, and I guess she gave her statement to Allstate saying I am the one at fault bc I merged into her lane and caused the accident. I'm pretty much furious, this idiot of a person has changed her story a total of three times now. First she blacked out and remembers nothing, then she told she was on the farthest left lane on the report, and now I merged into her and caused the accident??? I called her insurance and they refused to tell me what she was trying to do other than fight against liability and they took my statement, which is pretty much the same as on here and CHP report. I asked the her ins adjuster even it was a rear end and CHP report lists her at fault it doesn't mean a damn and she replied with a yep. That set me off and I tried my best being professional with them even though my anger slipped through a couple times. So who knows when the hell this will be over, could be tomorrow or in a couple months but I hope soon and I hope karma comes for her *** as well too.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:15 AM
superstuddc27

Originally Posted by GHOST1207
I def agree on your requirements terra, bc it'd totally be useful at this point into this investigation about the claim.

Small update, my adjuster called me and told me she's going to ammend her statement with CHP since she felt they wrote some of her statement wrong, and I guess she gave her statement to Allstate saying I am the one at fault bc I merged into her lane and caused the accident. I'm pretty much furious, this idiot of a person has changed her story a total of three times now. First she blacked out and remembers nothing, then she told she was on the farthest left lane on the report, and now I merged into her and caused the accident??? I called her insurance and they refused to tell me what she was trying to do other than fight against liability and they took my statement, which is pretty much the same as on here and CHP report. I asked the her ins adjuster even it was a rear end and CHP report lists her at fault it doesn't mean a damn and she replied with a yep. That set me off and I tried my best being professional with them even though my anger slipped through a couple times. So who knows when the hell this will be over, could be tomorrow or in a couple months but I hope soon and I hope karma comes for her *** as well too.
Just trust that it will come and bite her in the ***. What a ****ing tool. This very situation defines you as a human being. How do you act when you're in the complete wrong? Do you own up to your mistake? I seriously don't see how someone that does something like that can look in the mirror and also raise kids and tell them to do good. Even worse if she's a proclaimed religious person. Not only is she trying to get away from owning up to her mistake, this causes the OTHER person even more negative consequences because they have to pay for it.
Keep us updated, I want to see the day when karma comes and bite her in her fat ***.

(Did I mention dash cam? Can save the headache of this entire ordeal for next time)
Old 10-28-2013, 08:31 AM
txmad

you should have looked in to the SCION FR-S man smh
Old 10-28-2013, 10:04 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by txmad
you should have looked in to the SCION FR-S man smh
Why? So he can look like high-school kid with a wannabe fast car?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:08 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

Originally Posted by Syner
Why? So he can look like high-school kid with a wannabe fast car?
i have seen a turbo'd one at a drift event that was tearing it up.... but i wouldnt buy one
Old 10-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

i have seen a turbo'd one at a drift event that was tearing it up.... but i wouldnt buy one
Any car can go fast with the right amount of money.

I wouldn't buy one either.

Quick Reply: Accident last night, is the Z a total lost?