Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident last night, is the Z a total lost?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 01:04 PM
GHOST1207

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by txmad
you should have looked in to the SCION FR-S man smh
I did, was out of my price range and spending that kind of cash on something with 200hp didn't make sense to me no matter how awesome the car handled and while the front end is sexy, the rear is ugly as sin. Dealer wouldn't let me test drive any but did get to sit in it, front seats were fine; good amount of room and visibility but the rear seats should be non existent. I'm 5'6 and 175lb and felt freaking claustrophobic back there. Not to mention I'll have another nice car that will rack up mileage like crazy, high insurance, can't afford to mod or go tracking, ***** about gas mileage and ride comfort.

Bottom line I could be pretend baller by leasing or financing something super nice that I can't afford and be broke while owning it or buying something fast that is modded to hell or has crazy stupid high mileage just to show off to this forum or my peers, and up my ego, but I'm not irresponsible like that and given my situation in life it'd be idiotic make that decision. I already lived that life with the Z, payments were high when it wasn't paid off, I couldn't move out on my own bc of insurance and gas prices were high for a while. I wasn't exactly struggling but my money being burned could've went to savings etc. I'd rather have something economical, penny pinching, and something I can drive back and forth to work without having to worry about much while going to school and getting myself somewhere in life that'll allow me to live comfortably while having a Z or GT-R, whatever gen is out by then. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Z, but she just wasn't fitting into my lifestyle anymore and I got tired spending so much cash on her just to drive it and keep it maintained.

Anyways for the very few who gives a damn about my insurance situation rather than my new vehicle choice, nothing has happened much since my last post, Infinity would rather send me letters than call me since that's what they've done since I've given them my statement. Got a letter about a month ago that they're still doing investigation blah blah, then Allstate called me and they're just going to pay me my deductible since they can't get a hold of Infinity themselves either, since they're behind me 100% and the collision report states the other party at fault. Lo and behold I get another letter today from Infinity stating that they completed the investigation don't take any liability for the accident given the facts that were presented to them. So I contacted my agent and we are starting the arbitration process against them. Well at least I got my deductible one way or another, but obviously not satisfied since the other party are still trying to get away scot free. Hopefully it all goes in my favor but will keep this thread updated. As always, if any of you guys can help me or have advice, please post in here or PM me.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:41 PM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You didn't miss much by not getting to drive the FR-S.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:56 AM
iLockUP253

WOW this is sad I know the feeling of the whole insurance thing and the lies being told and blah blah blah I'm just curious how did the arbitration go. I'm assuming in your favor. but id still like to know its like watching a TV show and then getting left with a cliff hanger
Old 03-05-2014, 12:29 PM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Maybe their insurance is hoping that you just give up over time so they don't have to pay anything. This seems like its been dragging out for a while.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:01 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Wow. I just read this entire thread. I'm glad you're feeling okay, OP. This seriously could have been worse. I'm betting you won't take my advice on this, but as someone who deals with risk and liability issues every day, I offer you this:

1. NEVER discuss an ongoing legal issue you're involved in over a website.
2. ALWAYS lawyer up after an accident. There are plenty of lawyers out there who will work for you on contingency.
3. NEVER settle for less than you're owed, plus attorney's fees, lost time, pain and suffering, etc.
4. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING and let your attorney do the rest.
5. Insurance companies will screw you blind. That's their job. It's the game they play.

Last edited by zakmartin; 03-05-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:01 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Zakmartin is 100% correct. We hope it works out for the best.

My thoughts, the brz and frs are way under powered and not my cup of tea. If it had more engine or a turbo I would've went with cash to buy. That being said nothing beats not having a car payment. I'm sure you'll find something in a good budget when all this crap is over with.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:51 PM
GHOST1207

Originally Posted by zakmartin
Wow. I just read this entire thread. I'm glad you're feeling okay, OP. This seriously could have been worse. I'm betting you won't take my advice on this, but as someone who deals with risk and liability issues every day, I offer you this:

1. NEVER discuss an ongoing legal issue you're involved in over a website.
2. ALWAYS lawyer up after an accident. There are plenty of lawyers out there who will work for you on contingency.
3. NEVER settle for less than you're owed, plus attorney's fees, lost time, pain and suffering, etc.
4. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING and let your attorney do the rest.
5. Insurance companies will screw you blind. That's their job. It's the game they play.
Thank you for all the advice, I shouldn't have posted any of this now that you brought up that point. Back then I didn't personally know anyone I could go to for advice. I hope no one dealt with what I went through, knock on wood, but now I know what to do and what to say if something like this was to happen again.

Originally Posted by meanz
Maybe their insurance is hoping that you just give up over time so they don't have to pay anything. This seems like its been dragging out for a while.
Pretty much she wanted to drag this out until I either stopped caring or my insurance would get tired of my bitching.

Originally Posted by iLockUP253
WOW this is sad I know the feeling of the whole insurance thing and the lies being told and blah blah blah I'm just curious how did the arbitration go. I'm assuming in your favor. but id still like to know its like watching a TV show and then getting left with a cliff hanger
Well this will be my last bump to this thread, I made a FS thread in the SoCal subforum for all the things I have laying around. Nothing really special like what everyone was PM'ing for haha.

Anyways, things got quiet for months after my last response, so it wasn't until a few months ago I decided to call my agent who was assigned to my case. First two calls were disappointing, the arbitrator still hasn't reviewed anything and later on they were in the process of everything. I kept calling a bugging every few days or so until I finally got an answer and of course no surprise it was determined she was at fault 100%. Relief fell on me like a bag of bricks, even though I had already gotten back my deductible from Allstate, I just wanted to hear that she didn't get away with all her bs.

So there it is, took nearly 10mo but at least it's finally done and I hope her insurance jacked her rates and she thinks twice about trying to screw someone over. On the other hand, it was a good thing I bought the Corolla, kept working out of town so this little car has already racked 27k miles in under a year haha. I recently started training as a CCA for the USPS, my local office is only a few blocks away from my home so maybe in a few years or so I'll get back into the scene, miss the Z too damn much. I swear every few weeks I have to fight off the urge to go searching for her in the Allstate junkyards. I always wondered if that's where she ended or if she got bought at an auction and either fixed to be sold as salvaged or donor for the motor and drive train. God I hope so, that HR only had 56,888 miles on it.

Thanks everyone for reading and following along in my journey. I hope it offers insight to anyone else who might needed and a big thank you for everyone who has provided awesome advice. Coming in here to vent and keep you guys updated def helped through the crap. Until the Z36 debuts and I get into one, farewell my350z.com!