Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident last night, is the Z a total lost?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Kris T.b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zchad
+1

Exactly.. I'd start going to the doctor to get back and neck checked out too.. make them worry

you NEVER have to take junkyard parts.. always get new OEM with receipts. I had an insurance adjuster try to pull that crap in college... what they didn't know was my aunt owned the insurance company agency and told her.. needless to say it was repaired with oem no more questions.

if 15k or more it will be totalled.. 50% value in damage or more equalls totalled
negative, when i got inyo my accident it was estimated at 16.5k
and twas fixed no problem.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GHOST1207
UPDATE: Sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys, been a busy day and now typing this out at 3am, just got off work a couple hours ago.

First thing first, went and got checked up at an urgent care office for my pains. Doc said I'm alright, everything should go away sooner or later and if it persists or worsens to come back and get x rays done etc. Wrote me up a prescription for ibuprofen. Best news I've received so far.

Now for the more important part, adjuster actually called me while I was in the waiting room and the doctors office, spoke to him until they called me in and gave him a call back after I got home. The Z is def totaled no questions asked. Major damage to the rear uni body on the rear and driver side rear panels, passenger door, and unknown damage underneath from coming off the freeway and getting high centered on a mound. I'm pretty sure that's all damages he told me, basically said I was rear ended so hard it actually bent the whole rear portion. So my Z is now banana shaped and if I was to start it up and not touch the steering wheel, it would do circles. Even if they replaced everything and fixed it, there was no guarantee it would be truly straight again. Glad that she was a total loss, as sad as it is.

So he gave me the current market value is around lower 20k before adding in taxes, DMV registration refund and whatnot. Sounds like a fair price, as far as the aftermarket stuff goes, I'm gonna have to talk to the appraiser or whoever it was that comes next in the process for the rear diffuser, sides, exhaust, spoiler, and wheels. KBB has it listed around 20k as well too. I already released the Z before posting this thread, so I wasn't sure if I was still able to take off any mods at all. My first accident of this nature so still not sure of how it all works.

All that's left is trying to get information on the other driver, CHP still hasn't gotten a face page with basic info yet to give to my insurance. Hopefully by Monday it'll be available so Allstate can go after her and maybe her insurance can get me into a rental, if they admit fault, instead of borrowing my parents car at the moment. From what I heard she lives in Chino and I guess was heading home from Vegas, drove a brand new 2013 Civic. She had her vehicle towed out early since it wasn't there when I went to go grab my personal belongings out of my car, pics were taken at the tow yard as well.

I'm guessing she either fell asleep behind the wheel or was txting no doubt about it. Air bags never deployed, and I don't have side air bags. thankfully didn't have a passenger with me after the work she did on that door.

Glad to see you still post around King! Just browsed your thread, wingless now?

Took care of her the best I could even though she was my daily, sad to see the state it was in.

Will post pics before the accident as soon as I can.

I actually don't have that on my insurance, didn't have much on it to warrant it, bought nearly all my mods used here on the forums.

Wouldn't be surprised if she was drinking and driving.

Sorry guys, I meant I lost power steering and brakes, thanks for correcting me.

Some people don't learn, I drive so slow at night for better mileage and relax a little.

Won't be getting into another Z, need something more practical and better mpg for a daily. Later in life, be it next gen Z or GT-R.

Damn your Z looks different last I've seen it posted around here lol. How are you liking your Fit? Been looking at getting one.

Never thought I'd see my car the way it sat that night, I honestly thought my next thread on here was going to be a build thread.

Thanks for the kind words and all the help and input guys, I really appreciated and glad to see the Z community is still holding it together.

-Rich
Damn, well looks like the damage was worse than I thought it would be but I am glad you were ok.

My Z just got remodeled last month but when was the last time you saw it? I am loving the Fit, I have had it a little over 4 months and I should have bought it a long time ago since it allows me to save the Z from daily driving

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
At least you got the ball rolling and you have been checked out by the Dr.

I used to live very close to the 15/210 fwy in Rancho and remember how crazy that fwy would get. She should get you a rental or your insurance should give you one and send her the bill.
You are totally right Jason, people drive crazy in that part of town. It always makes me nervous to go through there
Old 09-23-2013, 07:56 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by Waizzz
Damn, well looks like the damage was worse than I thought it would be but I am glad you were ok.

My Z just got remodeled last month but when was the last time you saw it? I am loving the Fit, I have had it a little over 4 months and I should have bought it a long time ago since it allows me to save the Z from daily driving

You are totally right Jason, people drive crazy in that part of town. It always makes me nervous to go through there
I hate driving that part coming back from and going out to Vegas when i come home its always a death trap no matter what time of day
Old 09-23-2013, 08:04 AM
swilson1120

Car is pretty messed up. I am an autobody technician and from the looks of it, its gonna be totaled. they will prolly do a tear down of the car to find additional damage and what they will look at is where it wasnt hit and if the gaps are wide or closed. that will tell if there is any structural damage. hope this helps
Old 09-23-2013, 08:14 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stuartc323
I hate driving that part coming back from and going out to Vegas when i come home its always a death trap no matter what time of day
You and Waizzz are correct! I have also read an article that says I15 is going to be the next ' always congested' fwy in SoCal/NV. The worst I have seen it was when a car caught fire during the friday of the Labor Day weekend. People were so pissed they were going off road to get around the pile up. It was pretty nuts and I saw it all from my back yard.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Callmetony

GHOST, Keep us updated on what your "practical/fuel efficient" replacement car will be. With your insurance money and taste in vehicles I hope to see you in something nice and new ASAP. You deserve it after all this $hit
Old 09-23-2013, 10:44 AM
stuartc323

You and Waizzz are correct! I have also read an article that says I15 is going to be the next ' always congested' fwy in SoCal/NV. The worst I have seen it was when a car caught fire during the friday of the Labor Day weekend. People were so pissed they were going off road to get around the pile up. It was pretty nuts and I saw it all from my back yard.

LOL the worst i have seen it was it started raining bad last year and it was cold so the rain turned to hail cars were literally going 35 mph
Old 09-23-2013, 07:22 PM
GHOST1207

Small update: finally the face page of the collision report was available earlier today, and wouldn't you know it, she didn't give CHP any insurance information. So I handed the page over to my agent and we gave her a call, she hands to phone to her husband and they refuse to give out any information regarding their insurance, figures. They were trying to say she was not at fault and I was the one who caused the accident etc. Pretty pissed off about it all, I'm sore in places, Z is totaled, and now we have to wait for the collision report to see who was at fault. Still using parents car to get back and forth, 02 Camry on it's last legs with 200k miles, was hoping she'd admit fault so her insurance would provide me with a rental since my policy doesn't cover one. Still things could be worse so it's just a matter of being patient for them to look like idiots claiming I'm at fault.

As far my Z, I was going to take off the exhaust and rear diffuser since those parts I had no receipts for, bought them used, but Allstate already picked it up to their yard in Colton. Not going after them, more than likely they were damaged and just not worth it driving back and forth and then posting in FS here.

At least you got the ball rolling and you have been checked out by the Dr.

I used to live very close to the 15/210 fwy in Rancho and remember how crazy that fwy would get. She should get you a rental or your insurance should give you one and send her the bill.
15 is ridiculous all the time anytime, even more crazier northbound Fridays and southbound on Sundays with the Vegas traffic and all. As for rental, I don't want to pay out of pocket and chance that her insurance will take fault and reimburse me later.

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
When I was hit, it was mine and my insurance's responsability to get the other driver's name. The police only fill out the report. Your insurance company can easily get her information from her insurance information.

Glad to hear it is totalled. Any idea on what will be the replacement?
It was impossible to get her info after the accident, all she did was cry and scream in pain so I tried my best to keep her calm while calling for help and all till CHP and medics got there. Been looking at getting a Yaris, Versa Note, or Fit... Complete opposite of a Z lol.

Originally Posted by kaze06
We'll see
Don't temp me! Saw a 370Z fly by me the other day and for some reason it looked more sexy to me than before (used to think they were butt ugly)

Originally Posted by Waizzz

I should've been more exact about the lurking, I only lurked the FS part of the forums lol, so last I saw your Z on here was about 6-12 months ago? Been considering the Fit as a replacement, just trying to sort out the pros and cons of the 3 sub compacts I've listed above.

Originally Posted by stuartc323
I'm honestly perplexed the way people drive on it no matter how many accidents happen on there, you'd think people would take notice and drive more carefully.

Originally Posted by Callmetony
GHOST, Keep us updated on what your "practical/fuel efficient" replacement car will be. With your insurance money and taste in vehicles I hope to see you in something nice and new ASAP. You deserve it after all this $hit
Trust me guys lol I will be sticking with a brand new sub compact, no sports cars until I can afford to take it tracking and modding. Always felt my Z deserved better since I never broke her track cherry and didn't do the mods I wanted.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:36 PM
GHOST1207

And as promised a couple crap pics of what she looked like before the accident. Never did take her out and did a little shoot with my phone. Mod list is in my profile.

Used to have an eBay Nismo rep lip, but it was crap quality so took it off and was saving up for genuine Nismo V3

Old 09-23-2013, 08:25 PM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sad man
Old 09-23-2013, 08:49 PM
NFSP 350

Was a beautiful Z, so sorry to see this. Hope it all works out. Did she not get a ticket for failure to provide insurance. I know in Florida your required to have Registration & proof of insurance on you can be cited a ticket
Old 09-24-2013, 02:22 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

Small update: finally the face page of the collision report was available earlier today, and wouldn't you know it, she didn't give CHP any insurance information. So I handed the page over to my agent and we gave her a call, she hands to phone to her husband and they refuse to give out any information regarding their insurance, figures. They were trying to say she was not at fault and I was the one who caused the accident etc.
i know in texas if you rear end someone 95% of the time it is the person that did the rear ending fault. she just doesnt want to admit she was drunk, texting or whatever so they are trying to place the blame on you.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:31 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

In any state if you're rear ended its the other persons fault! Well I would hope because it's common sense.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:27 AM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

not a law to provide ins. in texas? Oh well, the insurance company can get that with the license plate, and then sue there azz to the other side of the universe, .. I would be after pain suffering, future possible neck and back troubles...my time without a car and loss of work..loss of vehicle and depreciation.

BTW I would sue there azz personally until they go broke in lawyer fees, just to ***** there life up! People that won't own it.. take everything they have and make their insurance rates so high they cant afford to drive anything but a 500 car.

I'm sure with all the cops on this forum if you provide them a plate they could get you their insurance info.

Last edited by 350zchad; 09-24-2013 at 04:29 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:33 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zchad
not a law to provide ins. in texas? Oh well, the insurance company can get that with the license plate, and then sue there azz to the other side of the universe, .. I would be after pain suffering, future possible neck and back troubles...my time without a car and loss of work..loss of vehicle and depreciation.

BTW I would sue there azz personally until they go broke in lawyer fees, just to ***** there life up! People that won't own it.. take everything they have and make their insurance rates so high they cant afford to drive anything but a 500 car.

I'm sure with all the cops on this forum if you provide them a plate they could get you their insurance info.

most of the time down here the cops do what is called a blue form and let the insurance companies hash it out.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:29 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Sorry to hear about your Z -- glad you are alright though.

Hopefully insurance takes care of you and the other driver gets what she deserves!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:39 AM
stuartc323

OP had this happen to me when a guy flipped my truck in my first accident ever, he tried to not give me insurance info saying i was at fault but the police said he was at fault and my insurance company went after him harder because he refused to provide his info which is illegal in California.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Goudy88

She is a damn coward! Something similar happened to my sister a few years back.

A student(my sister is a teacher)hit her car with a golf cart and then her parents wouldn't let their daughter give a statement! They knew how to play the system to their advantage since she was a minor.

Long story short, to save my sister the trouble i stole her car while she was in Hawaii and got it repaired at a friends shop for free 99!

When they figure out the obvious, you not at fault, your insurance will pay out then go after her in court. Imagine the look on her face when she gets a letter of demand for $20k+, not many people just have that laying around.

Best of luck!
Old 09-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Callmetony

Trust me guys lol I will be sticking with a brand new sub compact, no sports cars until I can afford to take it tracking and modding. Always felt my Z deserved better since I never broke her track cherry and didn't do the mods I wanted.
When you say sub-compact do you have something more specific in mind? Based on your cost concerns I'm envisioning like a ford focus or maybe a Subaru impreza or something. Just curious what your choices are
Old 09-24-2013, 11:19 AM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

do not let this go on your insurance companies dime unless the other person is uninsured.. your rates will jump huge!

This ***** that hit you doesnt need to give you her INS. CO. info.. your insurance company will get that for you and then you call them and tell them to fix your car... and you will also be sending medical bills too... lol

Last edited by 350zchad; 09-24-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Accident last night, is the Z a total lost?