Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Do I have to unlock the door everytime I get out?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013 | 06:01 PM
superstuddc27

Default Do I have to unlock the door everytime I get out?

Search yielded nothing, too broad and key terms bring up unrelated hits.

I just bought my Z a few days ago so I'm still getting acquainted with every cubby, button and lever in the car. One of the things that bug me is that when you're done driving around, you park the car and turn the ignition off and pull the key out. Door is LOCKED. I have to manually unlock it EVERY SINGLE TIME i get out.
I don't lock the door so it seems it's an autolock feature that occurs once you start driving which is cool but why didn't they design it so it would unlock automatically when you pull the key out? Or at least if you pull on the lever, it will unlock+open like on some cars?

Is this normal or am I not doing something right?
Old 09-22-2013 | 07:16 PM
Syner

Old 09-22-2013 | 07:20 PM
Bmurray350z

350Zs do not have the autolock feature you are talking about...
Old 09-22-2013 | 07:22 PM
superstuddc27

Originally Posted by Bmurray350z
That's weird. This is for all years? I have an 05

Mine locks after you start the car and start driving.. bugs the hell out of me that it wont unlock though
Old 09-22-2013 | 07:23 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by Syner
^^^^^^^

Name:  xilCM.gif
Views: 28
Size:  2.26 MB

Last edited by stuartc323; 09-22-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-22-2013 | 07:45 PM
Bmurray350z

Maybe something aftermarket was done?
Old 09-22-2013 | 07:51 PM
superstuddc27

Maybe something aftermarket was done?
Thank you Bmurray. Looks like you're right. I went out to check again and the doors lock automatically when I start up the car. Never would've thought it would have been an aftermarket feature but I guess it is.

Originally Posted by Syner
How many tbs of gay **** on your hard drive did you have to weed through to find this number? if youre gonna use take the stance of a 15.5 year old reddit user, at least try find a funny one.

Old 09-22-2013 | 07:56 PM
Phenom
Toasty

What's with all the butt hurt noobs lately?
Old 09-22-2013 | 07:59 PM
Syner

Originally Posted by superstuddc27
How many tbs of gay **** on your hard drive did you have to weed through to find this number? if youre gonna use take the stance of a 15.5 year old reddit user, at least try find a funny one.

About 4TBs? It's my go to when nothing else can get me off.
Old 09-22-2013 | 08:15 PM
NFSP 350

Originally Posted by Phenom
Can't blame some newbs when they ask an honest question and claim to have searched the issue. Our biggest complaints with newbs is they post a question thats already been answered a million times. Then we rightfully flame them for being lazy and not using the search. Op says he searched I have no reason not to belive. Based on that Syner was a dick to the op and didn't offer any help. Bmurray asked a question and provided an option.

I agree with Bmurray, it's aftermarket. My dads work truck has an aftermarket lock system that locks when you crank it. I hate that thing because it so easy to lock yourself out. If you get in , start it without shutting the door, realize you forgot something and jump out and shut the door.......awww crap lock the keys in it with it running! Only happened to me once in 4 years but it sucked.

I would try & find out what brand the system is and get a manual. You can probably adjust the settings.
Old 09-22-2013 | 08:31 PM
Syner

Originally Posted by NFSP 350
Op says he searched I have no reason not to belive. Based on that Syner was a dick to the op and didn't offer any help. Bmurray asked a question and provided an option.
Get over it, this is the internet

Last edited by Syner; 09-22-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2013 | 09:25 PM
winchman

Searching for useful information on this forum:

Old 09-22-2013 | 10:39 PM
Waiz
Premier Member
Premier Member

^Funny because I found this in two seconds:

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...ck-itself.html

OP, you must have something aftermarket installed
Old 09-23-2013 | 01:11 AM
350Zdj

Originally Posted by winchman
Searching for useful information on this forum:

lol. nope.

This forum is actually a goldmine of info about our cars.

Noobs just need to use the correct keywords when searching.

In this case "auto lock 350z"

Even Google directs you to this forum lol

https://www.google.ae/search?q=auto+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Anyways, mine does not auto-lock.

Last edited by 350Zdj; 09-23-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old 09-23-2013 | 02:25 AM
SQuaLZ

Can't blame some newbs when they ask an honest question and claim to have searched the issue. Our biggest complaints with newbs is they post a question thats already been answered a million times. Then we rightfully flame them for being lazy and not using the search. Op says he searched I have no reason not to belive. Based on that Syner was a dick to the op and didn't offer any help. Bmurray asked a question and provided an option.

I agree with Bmurray, it's aftermarket. My dads work truck has an aftermarket lock system that locks when you crank it. I hate that thing because it so easy to lock yourself out. If you get in , start it without shutting the door, realize you forgot something and jump out and shut the door.......awww crap lock the keys in it with it running! Only happened to me once in 4 years but it sucked.

I would try & find out what brand the system is and get a manual. You can probably adjust the settings.
I wouldn't consider him a newb judging from his join date and amount of posts.
Old 09-23-2013 | 02:53 AM
superstuddc27

Well, the keywords I used to search was a variety of combinations using "350z, door, unlock, auto, automatically, unlock after turning off car, etc" Those words bring up very broad search results for my very specific question. Also some of the most random threads ever, things about intakes and generic stuff.
The reason why it didn't work was because I assumed that our doors did have auto lock (seemed reasonable since the new nissan altimas have them) but why we did not have the UNLOCK when turning the ignition off. The question I had in mind was a bit different. Luckily, asking on this forum yielded a helpful result from bmurray.

Anyway, I'll definitely look into what kind of aftermarket alarm or locking system this has. NSFP 350, I think I'm going to get a second set of keys after what you brought up. Only have the one, could be dangerous to step out for a few seconds and have it lock on me!

Anyone interested, I just found out that home depot does key copies for keys with chips inside them. Who would have thought? For my honda s2000 they wanted $35, had the chip electronic machine and everything.

Last edited by superstuddc27; 09-23-2013 at 02:54 AM.
Old 09-23-2013 | 04:50 AM
frocker93

Originally Posted by superstuddc27
Well, the keywords I used to search was a variety of combinations using "350z, door, unlock, auto, automatically, unlock after turning off car, etc" Those words bring up very broad search results for my very specific question. Also some of the most random threads ever, things about intakes and generic stuff.
The reason why it didn't work was because I assumed that our doors did have auto lock (seemed reasonable since the new nissan altimas have them) but why we did not have the UNLOCK when turning the ignition off. The question I had in mind was a bit different. Luckily, asking on this forum yielded a helpful result from bmurray.

Anyway, I'll definitely look into what kind of aftermarket alarm or locking system this has. NSFP 350, I think I'm going to get a second set of keys after what you brought up. Only have the one, could be dangerous to step out for a few seconds and have it lock on me!

Anyone interested, I just found out that home depot does key copies for keys with chips inside them. Who would have thought? For my honda s2000 they wanted $35, had the chip electronic machine and everything.
They don't do nissans though. They don't have the key blank. Same with lowes.
Old 09-23-2013 | 05:06 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
I wouldn't consider him a newb judging from his join date and amount of posts.
I'm on the mobile version which doesn't show any of that, but since his username isn't recognizable as a frequent contributor and his lack of understanding of our cars door locks, he painted quite a nooby picture of himself.
Old 09-23-2013 | 06:35 AM
PerfZ

Whats with all the non-noobs being butt hurt lately? Can't stop themselves from simply ignoring a question they don't like? Have to rip a guy for not using Search effectively, even though he tried? Jeesh......
Old 09-23-2013 | 08:07 AM
stuartc323

Op says he searched I have no reason not to belive. Based on that Syner was a dick to the op and didn't offer any help.
Originally Posted by PerfZ
Whats with all the non-noobs being butt hurt lately? Can't stop themselves from simply ignoring a question they don't like? Have to rip a guy for not using Search effectively, even though he tried? Jeesh......
Do I have to unlock the door everytime I get out?-xzpki.gif

Its the Internet.

Last edited by stuartc323; 09-23-2013 at 08:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Do I have to unlock the door everytime I get out?