Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Declining expectations for My350Z posts

Old 08-10-2018, 02:44 PM
  #421  
SpartaEvolution
Brake Expert
 
SpartaEvolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 129
Liked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by zakmartin View Post
Things are always better in towns they name beer after.
I think you mean the beer is always better when they name it after a dope town.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympia_Brewing_Company

I grew up smelling hops haha
SpartaEvolution is offline  
Old 08-18-2018, 12:54 PM
  #422  
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
 
MicVelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,990
Liked 1,951 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...ver-floor.html

What I'm finding funny about this is that this thread is not so much the content begging the auto shop question again; but that it got more response than most others out there SAVE FOR the political-non-Z threads. And those, well, I don't get why this is the place that people come to debate such. I don't have a problem with it, just find it curious. Guess my wife has the answer..."You say you don't do social media but I hate to break it to you but your Z(s) and Datsun roadster forums are YOUR social media." Hahahahaha... as always, she's got my ticket.
MicVelo is offline  
Old 08-20-2018, 05:55 AM
  #423  
Heel Til I Die
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 766
Liked 173 Times in 124 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MicVelo View Post
Guess my wife has the answer..."You say you don't do social media but I hate to break it to you but your Z(s) and Datsun roadster forums are YOUR social media." Hahahahaha... as always, she's got my ticket.
Same here. I pride myself on not having any facespace-insta-snap-twitter-gram-chat, but my wife likes to continually remind me that the car forums are still social media.

I guess she's right. As usual.
Heel Til I Die is offline  
Old 08-20-2018, 10:07 AM
  #424  
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet
iTrader: (70)
 
dikspiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 9,028
Liked 62 Times in 49 Posts
Default

I made myself post on my build thread, lets see if anyone responds.
dikspiel is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 04:27 AM
  #425  
travlee
Master
iTrader: (8)
 
travlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 37,567
Liked 5,892 Times in 4,058 Posts
Default

i guess this guy didnt like my idea

https://my350z.com/forum/370z-mainte...-key-slot.html

travlee is online now  
Old 08-28-2018, 05:55 AM
  #426  
Stevus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: VA
Posts: 3
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Talking A grateful noob

Please don't completely give up on this generation. My 17 year old picked up a 2003 base model a few weeks ago and we are working our way through its "issues" together. Reminds me of the POS Datsun 510 that I started out with. That car and the myriad repair projects cemented my interest in cars. So far, so good with my son, too.

I do wish that things were different, but these are the good old days for his generation. 20 years from now: "Hey Dad, remember when there used to be something called a forum and you could get answers to questions from salty old guys who already answered them 1000 times before? And remember when I finally learned what a sticky was and stopped asking stupid questions?"

This is my way of saying thanks to you seasoned veterans who continue to stick your hand back into the fan and help us noobs out.

Thank you!
Stevus is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by Stevus:
dkmura (08-28-2018), khnitz (08-28-2018), travlee (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 11:44 AM
  #427  
bealljk
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Denver
Posts: 3,917
Liked 395 Times in 334 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stevus View Post
My 17 year old picked up a 2003 base model a few weeks ago and we are working our way through its "issues" together.
If nothing more, attitude is everything...every now and again we get a humbled, willing to learn, willing to put some time, acknowledges they don't know EVERYTHING in member under the age of 25

Originally Posted by Stevus View Post
20 years from now: "Hey Dad, remember when there used to be something called a forum and you could get answers to questions from salty old guys who already answered them 1000 times before?
I still reminisce about riding around in my dads 240z bouncing around in the backseat.
bealljk is offline  
Old 11-06-2018, 10:08 AM
  #428  
travlee
Master
iTrader: (8)
 
travlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 37,567
Liked 5,892 Times in 4,058 Posts
Default

what the hell is wrong with people? asking a retarded question hijacking someones build thread

https://my350z.com/forum/media-share...ss-thread.html

Originally Posted by Freudenthaler View Post
I go to school and work part time. Im 18 and selling my hyundai tiburon and hoping to make a payment on a 2005 350z with 50k miles for $9000, my downpayment will be about $3000. i make $500 a month, would this be a good idea making a $170/month payment on a 60 month loan period?
travlee is online now  
Old 11-06-2018, 10:20 AM
  #429  
bealljk
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Denver
Posts: 3,917
Liked 395 Times in 334 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by travlee View Post
asking a retarded question hijacking someones build thread
I sorta feel bad for the guy ... having to ask a internet forum if 'I can make the payment' ...

Last edited by bealljk; 11-06-2018 at 10:21 AM.
bealljk is offline  
The following users liked this post: bealljk
BluestreamDE (11-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 10:48 AM
  #430  
travlee
Master
iTrader: (8)
 
travlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 37,567
Liked 5,892 Times in 4,058 Posts
Default

Like i said there....if you have to ask, no you cant afford it
travlee is online now  
Old 11-06-2018, 02:05 PM
  #431  
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
 
MicVelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,990
Liked 1,951 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stevus View Post
Please don't completely give up on this generation. My 17 year old picked up a 2003 base model a few weeks ago and we are working our way through its "issues" together. Reminds me of the POS Datsun 510 that I started out with. That car and the myriad repair projects cemented my interest in cars. So far, so good with my son, too.

I do wish that things were different, but these are the good old days for his generation. 20 years from now: "Hey Dad, remember when there used to be something called a forum and you could get answers to questions from salty old guys who already answered them 1000 times before? And remember when I finally learned what a sticky was and stopped asking stupid questions?"

This is my way of saying thanks to you seasoned veterans who continue to stick your hand back into the fan and help us noobs out.

Thank you!
Late response to this one.... For me, it's NOT a generational thing at all. I'm pushing 6 decades and I learn from people a third my age. Yeah, sure, I have experience and all that but learning never stops (or shouldn't ever stop). I marvel at what "this generation" does with regards to building a fairly complex generation of vehicles (look at some of the SEMA builds by the young guns! Dayam!) and that includes what I've seen/learned here on this forum (and others).

But there are some things I just shake my head at.... and there are times when "instant gratification" questions are asked without an iota of research. Those are the ones that keep me reading this thread and laughing.

Get off my lawn. Dammit.

But ya, I was young once too, made a lot of mistakes.... but I listened well when the older guys in the shop took me under wing and took the time to explain things that I asked about. Works both ways... old to young, young to old.
MicVelo is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by MicVelo:
bealljk (11-06-2018), khnitz (11-07-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 03:36 PM
  #432  
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Thread Starter
iTrader: (62)
 
dkmura's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 6,768
Liked 693 Times in 483 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MicVelo View Post
Late response to this one.... For me, it's NOT a generational thing at all. I'm pushing 6 decades and I learn from people a third my age. Yeah, sure, I have experience and all that but learning never stops (or shouldn't ever stop). I marvel at what "this generation" does with regards to building a fairly complex generation of vehicles (look at some of the SEMA builds by the young guns! Dayam!) and that includes what I've seen/learned here on this forum (and others).

But there are some things I just shake my head at.... and there are times when "instant gratification" questions are asked without an iota of research. Those are the ones that keep me reading this thread and laughing.

Get off my lawn. Dammit.

But ya, I was young once too, made a lot of mistakes.... but I listened well when the older guys in the shop took me under wing and took the time to explain things that I asked about. Works both ways... old to young, young to old.
There's always something new to learn...and at my age I may have to RELEARN it if I forgot it the first time (geezer humor). The instant gratification and "I'm entitled to ask questions about stuff I'm perfectly capable of researching for myself, but am too ****** lazy to do so" questions get to be tiresome and boring. As far as the SEMA builds, they might be fronted by a lot of younger builders, but they're usually backed by pro shops with a depth of knowledge and experience. But as Mic says, we were all young and dumb at a certain age- sometimes the school of hard knocks teaches you best. And BTW, that school is still in session and I see plenty of people on this board who are throwing hard-earned dollars and parts down that black tuition hole! The sad thing is if they don't LEARN anything from the experience!
dkmura is offline  
Old 11-06-2018, 05:31 PM
  #433  
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
 
jhc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: ZdayZ
Posts: 7,917
Liked 1,516 Times in 1,040 Posts
Default

Agreed DK. Post deleted. I do feel for kids who aren't parented properly - 33% max for housing, 25% for transportation including everything. But hey, being young and dumb isn't illegal. I was raised to respect older people because they are the ones who teach you what you need to know in life. Now there's Alexa (sarc).
jhc is offline  
Old 11-06-2018, 06:46 PM
  #434  
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
 
MicVelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,990
Liked 1,951 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jhc View Post
Agreed DK. Post deleted. I do feel for kids who aren't parented properly - 33% max for housing, 25% for transportation including everything. But hey, being young and dumb isn't illegal. I was raised to respect older people because they are the ones who teach you what you need to know in life. Now there's Alexa (sarc).
Who's Alexa?
















MicVelo is offline  
Old 11-06-2018, 07:33 PM
  #435  
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
 
jhc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: ZdayZ
Posts: 7,917
Liked 1,516 Times in 1,040 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MicVelo View Post
Who's Alexa?
















She's my cousin, a Greek goddess. You guys are going for coffee Tuesday @ 12:30 sharp, Starbuck's on Main Street, don't be late!
jhc is offline  
Old 11-07-2018, 07:12 AM
  #436  
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
 
MicVelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,990
Liked 1,951 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jhc View Post
She's my cousin, a Greek goddess. You guys are going for coffee Tuesday @ 12:30 sharp, Starbuck's on Main Street, don't be late!
Oh, OK, Siri's third cousin by marriage and adoption, thrice removed, gotcha.
MicVelo is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 04:55 AM
  #437  
travlee
Master
iTrader: (8)
 
travlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 37,567
Liked 5,892 Times in 4,058 Posts
Default

travlee is online now  
Old 12-04-2018, 07:59 AM
  #438  
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Thread Starter
iTrader: (62)
 
dkmura's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 6,768
Liked 693 Times in 483 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by travlee View Post
It's hard to even welcome someone with a first post like that. You can almost hear some grunting in the background...
dkmura is offline  
The following users liked this post: dkmura
BluestreamDE (12-04-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 08:31 AM
  #439  
travlee
Master
iTrader: (8)
 
travlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 37,567
Liked 5,892 Times in 4,058 Posts
Default

for some reason this movie popped in my head reading what you said

travlee is online now  
The following users liked this post: travlee
BluestreamDE (12-04-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 02:15 PM
  #440  
BluestreamDE
Pay it Forward
 
BluestreamDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,220
Liked 287 Times in 231 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Biggkev View Post
Clutch stick if pressed too hard
Uga Booga, Water wet, fire hot, Uga Booga.
BluestreamDE is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Declining expectations for My350Z posts


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: