Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nismo Reps in my store today! Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 04:34 PM
pimp1911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sitting here thinking. Does Nismo want this car to be all it can be. Seems like the folks on the Z forums are more passionate then the exec's up in Nismo land. For the Nismo reps who may or may not be reading this. We can only go so far in making this car great. Work with us. Build it and they will come.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:02 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, at least theres hope for the R-tune suspension (hope its adjustable).

i think s-tunes are a bit too tame for the tracks.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:13 PM
fisherprice

Guess I won't be going all nismo....sucks for them.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:51 PM
gammbino350z

yeah it does suck for them. i'd be all nismo too, especially if the prices were somewhat reasonable.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:47 AM
Jsn350Z

Damn, way late

I want 19 inch Nismo wheels!
Old 02-16-2004, 02:40 AM
Jsn350Z

Ok I'm dumb, the 19's are already out.. Was going to edit my post but I suppose they don't let you after 10 minutes has gone by.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:07 AM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh man... I didn't see this thread till now. How about a Nismo Front Lip? Not the whole front bumper but just an add-on lip??

As for the F/I, I guess they wouldn't want to get into it unless they are sure there is enough demand for it. There should be enought demands for turbo or TT if the price is rite, especially with all of these Z'ers all over the world.

BTW, Jeff, were these NISMO guys from Japan or USA? (like someone else asked). If they were from Japan, you should've taken me to the lunch as your translator!! hahaha
Old 02-16-2004, 04:15 AM
FairladyZ

Sounds to me like they arent even "NISMO" guys. I bet just Nissan associates. There is guy from the Z-club that knows all of them from japan, really had dinner with the Nismo guys and knows inside stuff about Nismo and Nissan. He says they love to drink, alot. He has raced Nissan's top driver in japan in a 350Z's. He visits Japan often, and know them all by name.

Matter of fact he is part of the reason for the 350z even being made and brought back for the US. He stressed most about headroom. There is even a small article on him in the Lust, Then Love the story of the new Z, book.

For us auto folks. He said the top Nissan racecar driver in japan drives an auto 350Z, so he drives an auto 350Z.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:58 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welly welly well. Hello all... Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to this thread... things have been crazy in the world of Jason. I have recently moved from 50 miles away of Performance Nissan to 2.7 miles away... no Internet in my apartment, no phone, no refrigerator... only my ps2 / mac / pda phone *what i have been posting from when not in the office*

but any way it is no excuse to why I have not replied to this thread...

Ok..

lunch with NISMO... (I had yummy cheese bread and spinach tortelinni)

Whats coming... As JEFF mentioned before... NO ECU... why... Same reason why NISMO JAPAN is only doing their ECU by having the car brought over to a Nissan Dealer and flashed on the spot... Why... because it is so easy to copy a computer program... NISMO Japan has second thoughts on the ECU upgrade returning the $ they put into it... Especially if it gets stolen... SO... They will not be a ECU from NISMO America simply because they do not want any one steeling it and distributing it without getting $ to them... Unfortunately it does take money to make the upgrade ECU software... It is not like they do not want to make one, They just have to look at it from a business perspective and not take the risk of lost $...

NISMO Pricing... I now know why their prices are higher then other products... and you really do get what you pay for... I have known that NISMO US tests their products, but they really test them to the fullest... To give you an example... They really want to release a lot of the things that were spoken of in this thread... The Seats... They would LOVE to have NISMO Seats in the states... First obstacle is importing the fabric, cant be done via NISMO US... Next thing... If they were to release a seat, they have to test it... Testing for NISMO US is the same as any car company... It would require crash testing, possibly in a Vehicle VS Vehicle scenario... Same with the 4point Harness...

This testing goes along with every part NISMO Puts out... So buying a NISMO Part you are assured you are buying quality... The WHEELS are rigorously strength tested, Welds and bends must be to a standard they set... Each part tested on each car, not just rebuilt to fit the other car and a price slapped on it...

Because of NISMO being connected with a large company like NISSAN they have a lot more money behind them for people to go after if a product fails and the liability at hand... NISMO cannot make brakes because of this,,, if a brake were to fail, NISMO / NISSAN gets sued and people will be calling for a recall... They do not want that liability...

They really want to go fast, and they really want to make more parts available to you all, but, they just need to go though a bit more testing and quality standards...

What is coming... More Clothes!

A long line of things for the Altima, Sentra... They view the Maxima as being more of a European road car...

New parts from NISMO for the Z (what we really care about)...

NISMO made parts for the bottom end of other motors... Dont expect them to stop with the VQ35... Its coming...

They want to make an R-Tune suspension, something adjustable... But... Testing needs to be done... Not just put it on a car, it runs, great, sell it... But durability and safety testing...

A more aggressive cam? Quite possibly...

Body kits! Ok... They were almost done with them until... oops... We wont think about the oops... but the body kit is coming! Urethane would be too expensive to make the molds etc... The kit from what I got from our conversation is going to be ABS... The body kit will be covered under warranty with fittment problems or cracking due to fittment... It wont be covered if your car is slammed and you scrape up the front and rip it to shreds...

Stuff is in the pipeline, they just have higher testing standards then most performance parts company's... They read this board, they are car enthusiast's too... Buying a NISMO part, you are buying a part that is top quality and will last...
Old 02-16-2004, 06:19 AM
toykilla

so they dont want to put out brakes because one might fail ? hmmm so i should be worried about the stock brakes now because of their lack of confidence...

no ecu because someone might steal the code? ? well hell someone might steal a Nismo crate on the way from japan and sell it.. this is probabably easier than stealing an ecu flash .

wake up
Old 02-16-2004, 06:19 AM
NismoKid

Thanks for the update Jason!
Old 02-16-2004, 06:23 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Also let me add that the rep's were from product developement Nismo USA. Also the "create engine" doesn't exsist. The one from the auto show pictures that were on this board are an exapmle of what a private company in Japan offers their customers. The engines are built one at a time to customer spec's. It was not a Nissan/Nismo offering..... so I'm told.

Last edited by Jeff@Performance; 02-16-2004 at 06:26 AM.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:29 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by toykilla
so they dont want to put out brakes because one might fail ? hmmm so i should be worried about the stock brakes now because of their lack of confidence...

no ecu because someone might steal the code? ? well hell someone might steal a Nismo crate on the way from japan and sell it.. this is probabably easier than stealing an ecu flash .

wake up
no.. more like they dont want to go through the testing and all of that to sell a few brake kits when there are already stop tech's and other brakes like that that dominate the scene...

software is much easier to distribute then a crate of stuff....

oh speaking of crates.. there is no nismo crate motor.. that is a company in japans motor that takes your z and turns it into a beast... they wwere just showing the motor at a show and someone put NISMO CRATE COMING SOON on it...

the things people believe on the net... im guilty of it my self until confirming from the source...
Old 02-16-2004, 06:31 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

oh jeff said it about the crate.. ehe
Old 02-16-2004, 06:31 AM
Wedge

Will the new line of clothes be crash tested? How do the clothes hold up on side impact? If I buy Nismo clothes, are they covered by my warranty? What about the extended warranty? (j/k)

The expense of a mold for a urethane body kit would quickly be covered I would think. Injection molding machines have come a long way and the expense is not what it used to be. As has been mentioned earlier, even a urethane front lip could be produced as a starter. Veilside seems to be able to make urethane parts at a reasonable cost......hmmmmm.

The ECU thing is puzzling. Let's not do it because it might be copied??? Good thing Steve Jobs and Bill Gates didn't have that attitude, or I wouldn't be able to make this post.

Well, at least there are more clothes coming out. Come to think of it, in the previous pages of this thread, I don't think one person said "Give us more clothes!" Maybe that is the key........if this opportunity comes up again, we should all ask for clothes. Then we could be told of all the reasons why they can't make clothes..........BUT...more engine and body parts are coming soon.

Thanks for all the info Jason.......it was enlightening.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:37 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Keep the feedback going!! I understand they (Nissan/Nismo) are still following this thread!!!
Old 02-16-2004, 06:44 AM
NismoKid

Originally posted by Jason@Performance
oh speaking of crates.. there is no nismo crate motor.. that is a company in japans motor that takes your z and turns it into a beast... they wwere just showing the motor at a show and someone put NISMO CRATE COMING SOON on it...

the things people believe on the net... im guilty of it my self until confirming from the source...
So then who does the work on the motor? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:47 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

NISMO doesnt want to take any risk... even with their new air bag equipt Hat...

I would think a customer would be glad that a company takes such care in product testing...

I doubt NISMO will have the problem we had with our wings when they put theirs out after the amount of fitment testings and other things they have done... Some of us know from first hand experience with our wings, and that is why we dont sell them any more... We got tired of sending out replacements being user install error or flat out fitment problem... Not worth the trouble to make 20 dollars on a wing and then have to send out another one and eat 250 dollars... It would be different if we made 300 dollars per wing, sending out a 250 dollar replacement would still mean we made 50 dollars...

Veilside makes and has made body kits for alot longer then NISMO... NISMO and NISSAN has more mechanical engineers, the engineers they have to do the body molds etc are new with NISMO... I dont know where they worked before or who they worked with... but it is Nismo pretty much first go at body parts... Its like having a software company start manufacturing Forged Pistons instead of copying software onto a CD...

Originally posted by Wedge
Will the new line of clothes be crash tested? How do the clothes hold up on side impact? If I buy Nismo clothes, are they covered by my warranty? What about the extended warranty? (j/k)

The expense of a mold for a urethane body kit would quickly be covered I would think. Injection molding machines have come a long way and the expense is not what it used to be. As has been mentioned earlier, even a urethane front lip could be produced as a starter. Veilside seems to be able to make urethane parts at a reasonable cost......hmmmmm.

The ECU thing is puzzling. Let's not do it because it might be copied??? Good thing Steve Jobs and Bill Gates didn't have that attitude, or I wouldn't be able to make this post.

Well, at least there are more clothes coming out. Come to think of it, in the previous pages of this thread, I don't think one person said "Give us more clothes!" Maybe that is the key........if this opportunity comes up again, we should all ask for clothes. Then we could be told of all the reasons why they can't make clothes..........BUT...more engine and body parts are coming soon.

Thanks for all the info Jason.......it was enlightening.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:48 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by NismoKid
So then who does the work on the motor? Thanks in advance.
Some company in Japan...

Ill try to find out the name...
Old 02-16-2004, 06:50 AM
NismoKid

Sorry, one last question. Will they change the Nismo logo back to the red dot instead of the circle (maybe after the 20th ann. ends)? I think most members here have expressed their dislike towards the new one, including myself.

Quick Reply: Nismo Reps in my store today! Need help!