Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nismo Reps in my store today! Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey everyone... thanks for the input! I have heard they ARE reading this so maybe it will help... maybe not... but in either case our voices are being heard!!! You guys know me well enough by now to know I'm with you on all accounts! I NEED MORE POWER DAMN IT!!!! And I won't get it with a t-shirt.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Ultimateone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nismo representatives,
Save your money with the clothing lines and give us what we want please as requested in this thread, this is where the Money is - Go for it.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:25 PM
Jsn350Z

Id really love and S tune ECU of some sort that will not void warranty..

Esspecially after hearing how the Z run lean with some of the aftermarket mods that are out, such as the RT cats and so on. This would be a great way to fix it, and keep our warranty. And of cousrse make a bit more power.

Nismo Rep's, if you make the ECU, I'll buy it!!

- Nismo wheels, suspension, exhaust, wing, and more are coming for my car. I'd LOVE the ECU...
Old 02-17-2004, 05:34 PM
UF350Z

Originally posted by Dissident
This is why they need to focus on making Nismo versions of a car rather than jsut parts. They're business model seems skewed. For example, you can buy AMG (or SVT?) parts for a pretty premium, but most people will rather buy a whole package, since a) you know it's gonna all work together, b) it's more convinient, c) the price of the aftermarket goodies of the quality NISMO is shooting for aren't as expensive when you factor in the cost of the stock parts you're NOT buying. NISMO suspension is way too much $$ for me, but how much more does it really cost over the OEM one? I'd pay that price difference in a hearbeat and give my stock exhaust (or shocks, or flywheel, etc...) back wihout a blink. Especially for something that was installed at the factory and NOT the dealer

Keep selling the parts to those that just want a little bit more, or can't afford the high-end $40K 350hp Z, but that's where they outta be making the money...
Not that I disagree with you I think that a Nismo Z would be amazing, your point about not having to use the original materials when installing the performance parts is well made. However I think you are misunderstanding the point of BMW's M Division, and MB's AMG Division I'm not sure about SVT I don't know about US cars too much. These aren't companies that sell individual parts for their cars as Nismo does. They are seperate divisions that design cars...that is their job...not designing parts for sale. Granted you could go out and buy the individual parts and install them on your car but the primary focus on these Divisions is designing the ENTIRE car. In fact with the M3 most parts will not fit a traditional 3 series. This isn't what Nismo is meant for...Nismo is not a division that designs cars, it designs parts...so it is kind of unfair to yell at them for not doing something that they were never intended to do. Instead what Nissan should do is take a hint from Mazda...when you order your Mazda you can specify parts from their Mazdaspeed line to come preinstalled on your car. That lowers the price of the items because you aren't paying for 2 exhausts for example.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:39 PM
igor@af

but on the other hand, there have been these cars...

NISMO 400R

NISMO 270R

Anyone against having NISMO play an integral part of Nissan lineup just as the M/AMG divisions do?
Old 02-17-2004, 05:45 PM
UF350Z

Originally posted by igor@af
Anyone against having NISMO play an integral part of Nissan lineup just as the M/AMG divisions do?
Not at all
Old 02-17-2004, 06:13 PM
apsilon

Yes, Nismo management.

Sorry, couldn't pass that up.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:24 PM
igor@af

haha. We need to get in on the inside and put one of us hardcore Nissan enthusiasts in NISMO management.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:35 PM
UF350Z

haha. We need to get in on the inside and put one of us hardcore Nissan enthusiasts in NISMO management.
i'll just whip out my credit card and buy Nismo...i think there's 100 bucks left till its maxed...that enough?
Old 02-17-2004, 06:48 PM
pimp1911

Now that would be a dream come true if we could get someone in Nismo mangement.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:13 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

When are the car companies going to learn? Cars that are generic and dont have passion dont sell compared to those that do in the sports car market. We dont need transportation from A-Z only or we would have got a civic or sentra. To put it bluntly, follow what you preach, shift_passion, shift_performance, shift_your old way of building uninspiring cars with little performance.

Nissan, you got the Z mostly right, now listen to your customers. You can keep the touring model for 90% of those Z owners that want a Z like you have it but build a moderately (cost effect for us and you) track model with real track modifications.

When Nissan designers designed the 1st Z that created the interest to develop the 350Z we have today, it was not from the Nissan management, it was from the Nissan designers that were enthusiast. Listen to your instints again and make a model that you would want to drive yourself. Fight for a Z that begs enthusiasts to buy it eben if they are not looking for a new car. People buy Z's out of passion.

Jeff - zland

Last edited by zland; 02-17-2004 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:24 AM
tiger_22

i agree zland... the nissan flagship is the z... to chump out now is a dishonor to the entire z history... its humble beginnings was to make a fun sport car with some ***** for the common folk... z is not for the rich... its for anyone who love cars...
Old 02-18-2004, 03:38 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

but on the other hand, there have been these cars...

NISMO 400R

NISMO 270R

Or these cars --- now sold my NISMO ... as "complete cars" in Japan...
Sometimes wish I bought the last of the GT-Rs before being discontinued.

Here is the link: http://www.nismo.co.jp/ ... upper left corner of page...

?¡ ŽÔ—¼–{‘̉¿Ši
ŽÔŽí Šó–]?¬”„‰¿Ši?i‰~?j ”õ?l
?@?@?@ƒRƒ“ƒvƒŠ?[ƒgƒJ?[
?@?@?@¢ƒXƒJƒCƒ‰ƒCƒ“GT-R(BNR34) S-tune£ 7,000,000?`7,500,000 ?@¢S1£ƒGƒ“ƒWƒ“
?@S-tuneƒVƒƒƒV?[ƒ`ƒ…?[ƒjƒ“ƒO
?@ƒGƒAƒ?ƒLƒbƒg?@‚Ù‚©

Kind of pricey... but.. nice...
Attached Thumbnails Nismo Reps in my store today! Need help!-n04010a.jpg  
Old 02-18-2004, 03:50 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

Default NISMO logo

Interesting to note...

In the Japan NISMO site... there is an announcement regarding the new NISMO logo... which you can click --- on the upper right side of the page.

Interesting to note.. you are unable to access that link. Maybe for 1 of 2 reasons..

1/ That link is dead

2/ NISMO against all odds came to its senses and decided against that GD stupid red donut... and decided to keep the solid red sun.

If they go for that GD stupid donut... NISMO has really lost it... together with all the bad feelings by US customers or potential customers...

Better to spend their marketing $ or yen into enhancing their products rather than promoting a stupid red donut.

Not certain if you can see the link since it is in Japanese... but here is the date of the link.

General News | 2004.2.10
ƒjƒXƒ‚ƒ?ƒS‚ª?V‚µ‚_‚È‚è‚Ü‚·?I
ƒjƒXƒ‚‚Í?¡”N‚Å‘n—§20Žü”N?BƒOƒ??[ƒoƒ‹Œ³”N‚ƈʒu‚¯?AŠCŠO‚ł̃‚?[ƒ^?[ƒXƒ|?[ƒcŠˆ“®‚âƒp?[ƒcƒrƒWƒlƒX‚ð–{Ši‰»‚³‚¹‚Ä‚¢‚«‚Ü‚·?B‚±‚ê‚É”º‚¢?AƒjƒXƒ‚ƒuƒ‰ƒ“ƒh ‚Ì?Z“§‚ð–ÚŽw‚µ?Aƒ?ƒS‚ð?i‰»‚³‚¹‚Ü‚·?BŠF—l‚Ì‚æ‚èˆê‘w‚Ì‚²ˆ¤ŒÚ‚𠂨Šè‚¢‚¢‚½‚µ‚Ü‚·?B
Old 02-25-2004, 08:23 PM
Beta69

Smile

All i want is my R tune suspension. PLEASE