Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nismo Reps in my store today! Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Hey Ya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mr350Z
Would you pay $400 for 5rwhp? I wouldn't.
Me neither, I'd rather pay $1000 for 5rwhp from the Nismo exhaust.

Last edited by Hey Ya; 02-16-2004 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Hey Ya
Me neither, I'd rather pay $1000 for 5rwhp from the Nismo exhaust.
I got my NISMO exhaust back in the begining of August...

I got it from a dealer... Not Performance Nissan and long before I started working here...

I paid $1450 for my NISMO Exhaust Installed...

I was happy with it then from the sound... I was also the first to post a sound clip of it on this board...

I paid $250 for the borla dual exhaust on my old car... and it sure did sound like $250
Old 02-16-2004, 12:59 PM
aalzuhair

Originally posted by Hey Ya
Hey aren't you the same one that was doing that road rally a few days ago?
Yep and the Z is completely stock and I finished in 9th place out of 23. Porsches mostly (including 911 Turbo’s, GT2’s, GT3’s, a Boxter and 911 C2). In case NISMO US guys want to know what Overseas guys are doing with the Z, please check out this link: "A 350Z among Porsche's"

That 350Z deserves the best So NISMO don’t let us down.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Hey Ya

Originally posted by aalzuhair
Yep and the Z is completely stock and I finished in 9th place out of 23. Porsches mostly (including 911 Turbo’s, GT2’s, GT3’s, a Boxter and 911 C2). In case NISMO US guys want to know what Overseas guys are doing with the Z, please check out this link: "A 350Z among Porsche's"

That 350Z deserves the best So NISMO don’t let us down.
I just think it's funny that you said it was dirty when you got it from the dealer and that you treat it like your baby, but a road rally before you even have 600 miles on it? That's wacky!
Old 02-16-2004, 01:17 PM
aalzuhair

Every Z needs to race

And having the car dirty and scratched, got nothing to do with racing the car!!!!

Also, I do believe that a little race like that would not hurt the engine or anything else.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:07 PM
DriveI65

Mr. 350Z said
If I only told you how much testing was done on the S-Tune suspension kit alone, trust me it's crazy.
On this subject, will NISMO release a S-Tune suspension and sway bars for VDC equipped cars? I've seen hints but nothing else. Those are the aftermarket parts I'm interested in. Funny nobody else has asked.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DriveI65
Mr. 350Z said

On this subject, will NISMO release a S-Tune suspension and sway bars for VDC equipped cars? I've seen hints but nothing else. Those are the aftermarket parts I'm interested in. Funny nobody else has asked.
thats because most of us know that there are no problems with instally nismo wheels, suspension or sways on a vdc car...
Old 02-16-2004, 02:31 PM
TCL

Mr350Z, if 5 reliable horsepower is all we could expect from an upgraded ECU on USA premium fuel, then I agree that the ECU is not where the effort should be focused.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Mr350Z

In regards to the question regarding VDC equipped Z's. Currently, if one were to purchase the entire S-Tune Suspension kit including the Nismo wheels, then warranty does apply.

Please remeber the S-Tune kit was developed as an entire kit, sway bars were tuned to the springs..to the shocks..etc...you get the idea, that can't be said of very many kits. Many other kits I have driven lower the car too much(>about 20mm), thus bouncing off the stock bump stops (if used), which can unsettle the car dramatically, especially during high speed concerning and lane changes. There is very little travel on the 350Z shocks before the bump stops are hit...around 15mm w/ the S-Tune. Anything lower than that, bump-stop contact can occur...so all those slammed Z's you see probably handle worse in certain conditions than a stock vehicle, unless they have changed or eliminated their bump-stops.

BTW, we are very close to 1G with this kit. (BFG KD's)
Old 02-16-2004, 07:00 PM
igor@af

Originally posted by Jason@Performance
oh speaking of crates.. there is no nismo crate motor.. that is a company in japans motor that takes your z and turns it into a beast... they wwere just showing the motor at a show and someone put NISMO CRATE COMING SOON on it...

the things people believe on the net... im guilty of it my self until confirming from the source...
Jason and Jeff, you guys need to give your 'sources' some spanking for being so naughty.

I don't think Nismo would let some 3rd party company put their seal on the engine, which you can see here:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/350z/crate2.jpg
This engine is indeed being made by Nismo in Japan for their JGTC 350Zs.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/350z/crate1.jpg

I have made attempts to get this engine myself, and the official answer I got from Nismo Japan is not that 'it doesn't exist - we never made one,' but rather 'We are not releasing the engine to the public right now because it is in the R&D stage, being available only to the Nissan dealerships that are participating in JGTC.' Nismo Japan also said that they are contemplating a possible release of the engine around September, but I doubt if it will ever make it to United States.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:07 PM
fisherprice

What is coming... More Clothes!
if I don't have the parts why would I buy the clothes??

I am with aal I want an all nismo 350z.
But now I am going back to the drawing board and looking to see whats out there.

Even though Jeff gave me a hell of a price on install and parts I just don't know.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:22 PM
myinfinitig20

This is for nissan

What the **** are we z owners going to do when the mazdaspeed version of the rx8 comes out? You expect us to just lose? To an rx8? How can you do this to us!!! dont you get my 500$ monthly payments on time every month? I cant take this anymore...if mazda can do it so can you
Old 02-17-2004, 06:45 AM
cedusett

Let the ranting begin...

I can't begin to say how disappointed I am. It seems like everything that people actually WANT from Nismo was thrown out the window. I can understand some of their points, but I'm still furious.

As far as F/I goes - this is Nissans flagship sports car at this point, not to mention that its a Z which entails so much speed history it's ridiculous. Obviously people are going to want to make it faster, and this is one of the most effective ways of doing so. I refuse to believe that they won't develop this because of the Federal government, since Stillen, Greddy and Vortex are selling F/I kits to the masses with no problems whatsoever.

The ECU letdown is the biggest for me, simply because I probably won't go F/I anyway. I understand the issue of pirating software, but I'm sure there are more than a few of us willing to go to an authorized Nissan dealership to get this done, just as they do it in Japan. That's how Technosource is doing theirs, and again, they're having no problems finding customers.

The biggest gripe I have with this is the complete lack of respect and devotion to the United States customers. It's clear that the 350z has a huge following and customer base in the US, and yet they offer so many of these options in Japan only?!? I can't speak accurately on the difference in size between these two markets, but I'd assume that the US market is as big if not bigger than the Japanese market. To see so many things offered to them, and have them summarily rejected when we ask is a lot to ask of a paying customer.

Finally, since NISMO is a "motor sports" company, I find it shocking that they are spending so much time developing products for cars like the Altima (family sedan) and Murano (SUV), while developing literally nothing for the Maxima, and selling itself short on Nissans newest sports car. And what of the body kit that was supposed to be available months ago?

After all of these "no" answers, they expect us to be happy with different colored wheels, and new apparel? I agree with fisherprice...

if I don't have the parts why would I buy the clothes??
If Nissan/NISMO doesn't do something more for us, I think they're going to be losing a lot of customers in the very near future.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:41 AM
pimp1911

My take is this. Maybe Nismo will do something once they see how mazdaspeed or maybe if the rumored return of the supra effects sales. That may light some fire under their asses.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:15 AM
mofoz

lets hope something changes. I love the nismo quality, but between the price and the lack of parts, its hard to keep coming back to nismo. I realize that there is significant time for R&D and we do appreciate this, but knowing some of this stuff is out in japan, and just not coming here for whatever reason is bothersome. Kinda annoying. Things like rebadging the AEM intake to nismo bothers me as well. If i want AEM i buy AEM. People buy Nismo for the quality, reliability, and the performance. Anyone know the gains from the Nismo black/white polo?
Old 02-17-2004, 10:08 AM
Dissident

This is why they need to focus on making Nismo versions of a car rather than jsut parts. They're business model seems skewed. For example, you can buy AMG (or SVT?) parts for a pretty premium, but most people will rather buy a whole package, since a) you know it's gonna all work together, b) it's more convinient, c) the price of the aftermarket goodies of the quality NISMO is shooting for aren't as expensive when you factor in the cost of the stock parts you're NOT buying. NISMO suspension is way too much $$ for me, but how much more does it really cost over the OEM one? I'd pay that price difference in a hearbeat and give my stock exhaust (or shocks, or flywheel, etc...) back wihout a blink. Especially for something that was installed at the factory and NOT the dealer

Keep selling the parts to those that just want a little bit more, or can't afford the high-end $40K 350hp Z, but that's where they outta be making the money...
Old 02-17-2004, 12:13 PM
Hey Ya

Originally posted by Dissident
This is why they need to focus on making Nismo versions of a car rather than jsut parts. They're business model seems skewed. For example, you can buy AMG (or SVT?) parts for a pretty premium, but most people will rather buy a whole package, since a) you know it's gonna all work together, b) it's more convinient, c) the price of the aftermarket goodies of the quality NISMO is shooting for aren't as expensive when you factor in the cost of the stock parts you're NOT buying. NISMO suspension is way too much $$ for me, but how much more does it really cost over the OEM one? I'd pay that price difference in a hearbeat and give my stock exhaust (or shocks, or flywheel, etc...) back wihout a blink. Especially for something that was installed at the factory and NOT the dealer

Keep selling the parts to those that just want a little bit more, or can't afford the high-end $40K 350hp Z, but that's where they outta be making the money...
If only this would happen, I totally agree with you. Maybe I'll just move to Japan.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:26 PM
UF350Z

I have an extensive knowledge of the BMW Tuning industry, now I know that Nissan and BMW are completely different...but this is just an example of what SHOULD be done for a car....I don't know if many of you know about Dinan, one person referenced them, but in short it is SIMILAR to Nismo. It is the same idea...a performance brand that offers quality products (although expensive) through dealers. That is where the similarities end and my gripes begin. Dinan is NOT affiliated with BMW in anyway other than there are a select group of dealers that are distributers of the parts...the common misconception is that BMW will honor any warrantied car with Dinan parts and thats not true Dinan has it's own seperate warranty that lasts as long as the BMW warranty. Dinan had no access to research or any development of BMW models other than what any common person might be able to obtain. Yet they had a full line of performance products for the new 3 series (e46) within 6 months of it's release, and the line steadily grows...this includes ECU programming. Now what makes me mad is that Nismo is Nissan...meaning their development of parts comes directly from the people that made the car, so they have mroe info than any tuner out there yet they seem to be the last people to get their parts out. I too wanted my Z to be an all Nismo masterpiece but if there aren't enough products out there by the time i start modding my Z i'm not paying the premium for half of the parts i want. Granted Nissan and Nismo have a reputation and I fully support the idea of quality products but that excuse doesn't fly when they are puttin their name on a CAI that isn't theirs. I also understand that they have multiple models to make parts for...but then again so did Dinan (they have parts for all current and many past models). Now what I'm hoping in the back of my mind is that Nismo wants to surprise us and will release everything that we want and SHOULD have in the next few months...but I have a feeling i'm gonna be disappointed. Nissan/Nismo you have made a great car...but have only half-a**ed the aftermarket support for it which is not typical...what's going on?
Old 02-17-2004, 02:19 PM
johnk024

I WANT MY NISMO TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 02:31 PM
igor@af

UF350Z - very well put. I see this as another big magagement issue at Nissan.

Quick Reply: Nismo Reps in my store today! Need help!