Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nismo Reps in my store today! Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 06:52 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by NismoKid
Sorry, one last question. Will they change the Nismo logo back to the red dot instead of the circle (maybe after the 20th ann. ends)? I think most members here have expressed their dislike towards the new one, including myself.
one thing NISSAN is trying to do is get One logo for everything... rather then 20 different NISSAN logos... have one...

NISMO America does NOT want to change to a red dounut... but... we can only wait to see what happens...
Old 02-16-2004, 07:30 AM
sands

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do they not include the testing information in their marketing material. it could help a consumer justify the premium of the NISMO name.

How much testing are they doing? It has been over a year since the Z was released and I do not know of a significant part that NISMO USA, not Japan, has put out.
Is NISMO USA smaller than Greddy or AEM? How about Kinetix?

The devlopment process for NISMO USA looks a lot like the gaming industry.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:58 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by sands
Why do they not include the testing information in their marketing material. it could help a consumer justify the premium of the NISMO name.

How much testing are they doing? It has been over a year since the Z was released and I do not know of a significant part that NISMO USA, not Japan, has put out.
Is NISMO USA smaller than Greddy or AEM? How about Kinetix?

The devlopment process for NISMO USA looks a lot like the gaming industry.
how many years does it take to do testing on a car before it is put out?
Old 02-16-2004, 08:10 AM
350Now

Great information thanks..
Old 02-16-2004, 09:06 AM
3 FIVE O Z

Good job on the report back. With that I have to agree w/ everyone else that this is a real let down. I think that Nismo has their priorities all outside of the norm, meaning they talk about how they need all this time to R&D their parts that they want to put out, which I respect. But at the same time they're like, "Hey! We got T-shirts Yay!" It seems to me that they are not putting forth the effort of a great motorsports manufacturer but more of like a fly-by-night modifier for the local ricers and not willing to take the steps and the risks to make them one of the best option for aftermarket parts. But really if that's not their goal I'm sure that they can go on and let the competition pass them buy, there's always another brake kit out there right? What ever happend to competition in this industry? I like the analogy of Bill Gates and here's mine; If Nissan motor's had the same attitude as Nismo we would all be driving RX-8's right now. Way to go Nismo.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:26 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Trust me... NISMO and we want to bring more parts out to the people... and for us!

I got impatient too and got my self a non-nismo nismo kit... I started selling these parts AFTER I got the love for making cars go-fast...

Its a double edge sword... NISMO Has to go though the product testing... different parts need to be tested to different extreems... But, you get a quality part on the other hand that has not only NISMO behind it, but a dealer like Performance Nissan...
Old 02-16-2004, 09:45 AM
aalzuhair

I'm going to sell my 350Z

The Z has been out for a number of years now in the US, and until now, they are still thinking!!!!!!

I live in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and today I got my Z back from the first 600 miles check up and the result was:

1) The car was very dirty
2) The left fender and door had a lot of scratches

But I told my self "Think NISMO" and I was ok until I read this

I'm sorry, Nissan and NISMO has lost a customer, I'm back to my 911.

Az
Old 02-16-2004, 09:58 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by aalzuhair
I'm going to sell my 350Z

The Z has been out for a number of years now in the US, and until now, they are still thinking!!!!!!

I live in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and today I got my Z back from the first 600 miles check up and the result was:

But I told my self "Think NISMO" and I was ok until I read this

I'm sorry, Nissan and NISMO has lost a customer, I'm back to my 911.

Az
600 mile checkup?

dirty and scratched from where you took it for the "checkup" or from driving it around?
Old 02-16-2004, 10:33 AM
aalzuhair

600miles = 1000km its the first service according to the warranty book.

And I took the car to Nissan agent in Riyadh, and when I got the car back it was all scratched up. The offered to wax it It’s the principal that counts, what the hell got it scratched in the first place.

I treat my car like my baby, and I always wanted a Z. The first Z I saw was back in the late 70’s and since then I always wanted to get one. And now, I had the chance to buy it locally (Saudi). I was planning to buy it from the US and then ship it, but when I got to know that Nissan agent in Riyadh were offering the car …… I said the first thing after I get back “I have to buy that Z”.

On the other hand, I like to modify cars, and when I first got the Z I looked around to find what kind of mods are out there (btw: this is an excellent forum). And then I found NISMO and I told my self, stick with NISMO, they made the car, they know their stuff. And to be completely frank, I have adjusted my personal cash-flow and budgeted $25,000 to spend on mods just to take down the Porsche 911 Turbo and that was my goal.

But now I’m really disappointed to read their replies. Every person on this forum loves their Z’s (otherwise they would not be on this forum) and love to have their cars “Perfect” to their taste, so for NISMO to say, that we would not have an ECU out because they don’t want their software stolen!!!!

They should think of “Economies of scale”. How many Z’s are out their in the US? And I can tell you this, here in Saudi, Nissan agent introduced the 350Z this year only, and all of the cars they have got were sold! And the waiting list is for more than 3 months, this should tell them something!

Nissan has been straggling for God knows how long, and now when they have a good product. They do not want to support it!!! Not to mention that the US car market is the biggest in the world!!!

NISMO and Nissan needs people like you Jason to market their product and certainly buyers like the members of this board. Therefore, if they do not satisfy their customers they will lose everything.

So at the end, all I can say is “Give me a break NISMO”
Old 02-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

600miles = 1000km its the first service according to the warranty book.

And I took the car to Nissan agent in Riyadh, and when I got the car back it was all scratched up. The offered to wax it It’s the principal that counts, what the hell got it scratched in the first place.

I treat my car like my baby, and I always wanted a Z. The first Z I saw was back in the late 70’s and since then I always wanted to get one. And now, I had the chance to buy it locally (Saudi). I was planning to buy it from the US and then ship it, but when I got to know that Nissan agent in Riyadh were offering the car …… I said the first thing after I get back “I have to buy that Z”.

On the other hand, I like to modify cars, and when I first got the Z I looked around to find what kind of mods are out there (btw: this is an excellent forum). And then I found NISMO and I told my self, stick with NISMO, they made the car, they know their stuff. And to be completely frank, I have adjusted my personal cash-flow and budgeted $25,000 to spend on mods just to take down the Porsche 911 Turbo and that was my goal.

But now I’m really disappointed to read their replies. Every person on this forum loves their Z’s (otherwise they would not be on this forum) and love to have their cars “Perfect” to their taste, so for NISMO to say, that we would not have an ECU out because they don’t want their software stolen!!!!

They should think of “Economies of scale”. How many Z’s are out their in the US? And I can tell you this, here in Saudi, Nissan agent introduced the 350Z this year only, and all of the cars they have got were sold! And the waiting list is for more than 3 months, this should tell them something!

Nissan has been straggling for God knows how long, and now when they have a good product. They do not want to support it!!! Not to mention that the US car market is the biggest in the world!!!

NISMO and Nissan needs people like you Jason to market their product and certainly buyers like the members of this board. Therefore, if they do not satisfy their customers they will lose everything.

So at the end, all I can say is “Give me a break NISMO”
I am sorry to hear that your nissan rep messed your car up... If we were to damage a car, we fix our mistake's... They should too!!!!

It says in your warranty book there should be a 600 mile maintnence?

What ever the case... You have someone over here in the states that will help you out as much as he possibly can from here...

I wish I could recomend a good place to take your car over there, but I dont know any where to be honest...

There are tons of z's here in the states... we had over 70 show up to a meet at our dealership a month or so ago..
Old 02-16-2004, 10:51 AM
Mr B

Nismo should look at Mazda's Mazdaspeed program and see what they offer. A complete car with lots of upgrades usually a year after the car's been out. Not 3 years later when everyone's over their cars already. Or check out the domestics. See how much Chevy and Ford has in their motorsports catalogs? They have friggin crate motors. I wouldn't need to get all these other things if I could get Nismo engine components...
Old 02-16-2004, 10:56 AM
aalzuhair

Originally posted by Jason@Performance
I am sorry to hear that your nissan rep messed your car up... If we were to damage a car, we fix our mistake's... They should too!!!!

It says in your warranty book there should be a 600 mile maintnence?

What ever the case... You have someone over here in the states that will help you out as much as he possibly can from here...

I wish I could recomend a good place to take your car over there, but I dont know any where to be honest...

There are tons of z's here in the states... we had over 70 show up to a meet at our dealership a month or so ago..
Yes sir 600 mile.

And I thank you for your sincere concern and help. And you have already helped and won a customer for life and a friend in Saudi.

Az
Old 02-16-2004, 11:26 AM
JFritz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so dissapointed. If Nismo would have made a F/I, I would have definitely shelled out the extra $ for it with a warranty. It just doesn't seem like they're that interested in bringing go fast goodies for the Z out.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:41 AM
pimp1911

About the different color rims. Did they say which colors? And or sizes?
Old 02-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

dont hold your breath on new nismo wheel sizes.... we will have more sets imported before they start offereing them via US market...

colors... who knows... my poweder coating shop can do anything though
Old 02-16-2004, 12:00 PM
o snap its eric

I was too planning on nismo'ing my car out. But that doesnt look good in the future. Also the Nismo pricing are wayyyy to high.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Dissident

Originally posted by Mr B
Nismo should look at Mazda's Mazdaspeed program and see what they offer. A complete car with lots of upgrades usually a year after the car's been out. Not 3 years later when everyone's over their cars already. Or check out the domestics. See how much Chevy and Ford has in their motorsports catalogs? They have friggin crate motors. I wouldn't need to get all these other things if I could get Nismo engine components...
You're the first person in 6 pages to even hint at what I've been thinking. NISMO needs to step up and become the same type of company that AMG, SVT, or other tuner companies are. They need to sell a complete car, something like an M3, that is a complete package; suspension, wheels, engine, body, interior. IMO, ditch the Track model, charge a bit more, and have it clearly look different (NISMO body kit), handle better (S-tune suspension, wider wheels, 245/275 tires), and put out 350NA horses and be an M3 killer for $5000-$10000 less.

I would love to have an all NISMO car, but for me to buy a car all put together, replace half the parts, pay for labor (or even do it myself) jsut isn't worth it, when I coulda just bought a better performeer to begin with. But, how much more would it cost nissan to instaLl nismo parts instead of the OEM ones? And the biggest problem with modded cars is people pick and choose stuff, and very often it doens't work together very well. This is where Nismo oughtta be focussing on, IMO.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Hey Ya

I treat my car like my baby
Hey aren't you the same one that was doing that road rally a few days ago?
Old 02-16-2004, 12:32 PM
Mr350Z

I vowed never to post agan, as some folks on this board like to chastise the first factory guy that posts, but maybe I can help cheer you'all up a bit. For those of you who don't know me, I worked on both the 350Z and Nismo here in the US....now moved onto bigger and better things...yada..yada.

I can't tell you what I great bunch of guys we have working on Nismo in the US. They, like me and you, want the bad-*** parts. Believe me, I tried to get a turbo developed for 2 years. It's just plain difficult in a corporate environment, especially if you want to do it properly with warranty. I asked this very question on this very board about a year or so ago...."what would you pay"? Most people said about $4-$5 with a warranty and 400rwhp. Simply put, not possible, especially, not with a 10.3:1 CR and thin connecting rods, reliable power would be difficult. It would also be an expensive kit, we sure wouldn't have sold enough to break even. As for some of the other suggestions and comments: ECU, is also a tricky one...has nothing to do with copying software, but the actual power increase that can be had. The nismo sports resetting kit in Japan would only really work here if you had ready access to race gas. Remeber the JDM gas is about 97 Octane, US gas in CA is only 91 Octane. Would you pay $400 for 5rwhp? I wouldn't. BTW, the stock ECU already pulls out timing in some instances, ie: Hot day.

Just like everyone seems to be realizing, there is tons of testing that must be done to release Nismo parts. If I only told you how much testing was done on the S-Tune suspension kit alone, trust me it's crazy. But as a result of all that testing, you, the customer will continue get OE quality parts that were tested and designed to perform. (& yes I now about the headers)

Please keeps your hopes up, we are trying desperately to fight the good fight in a hostile environment that thinks Motorsports and Nismo are questionnable. More great products will be coming out. For any of you going to the Z & SE-R day at Streets, I'll be there in my personal car...see you then.

Quick Reply: Nismo Reps in my store today! Need help!