Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My 350z Roadster Story.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 08:50 AM
Jvazquez27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 350z Roadster Story.

Hi everyone, I'm posting today, because I felt like sharing the story of my 350z. I purchased it back in October, 2014 from a local used car dealer. I was 20 years old and it was my first time buying a car at a dealer. I have had cars in the past, such as, 2 Civic Hatchbacks (92 & 93) and an Acura Integra (95). Believe it or not, JDM wasn't even an interest of mine before I went to the track for the first time and experienced it in action. I was always into Camaros and Mustangs, American Muscle! Anyways, back to the day I found my Z. I go to the dealer and the people there were very unprofessional, but I could care less, because I was a stubborn guy and when I wanted something, I wanted it! So I do a quick inspection of the car, it had 109,000 miles and some convertible top issues, because when the guy tried to demonstrate the convert function, it failed to open all the way. No red flag went off in my head, because I figured he was just showing that it opens and wasn't going to open it all the way. So I go for a test-drive, fill out paper-work, and the dealer requests a down-payment of $2,000 and a loan from the bank of around $14,000. Being naive, I thought that was a good deal. The dealer makes a few calls and about 20 minutes later, the guy tells me a bank approved my loan. I'm thinking "Great, now I can take the car home and just pay into it to build my credit so next time it doesn't take them 20 minutes to get me apporved!" Well, if only it was that simple. I take the car home, family loves it, girlfriend at the time (now wife) loves it and I'm feeling good. A couple of days go by and I'm at work. Phone starts ringing, it's the dealer, so I pick up! I hear people talking in the background and out of nowhere, some loud-mouth starts screaming in my ear to "Bring the car back immediately!". Of course, I answered "why?" In an angry, yet confused tone. They then continue to yell in my ear saying the bank didn't want to approve my loan and I need to bring the car back and I cannot get my down-payment back. At this point, I'm fuming! I told them I was at work and I will see them after to straighten everything out. So after work, I rushed home to get the car, because I work in NYC, I use a company truck, anyways, I get the Z, drive to the dealer, and walk in. 3 people get in my face, asking for the keys and telling me I'm a "liar". I was very confused and getting very frustrated, because I was asking what was the situation with the bank that I was supposedly already "approved" by and nobody would give me an answer. Finally, the owner of this horrible dealership comes out of his hole-in-the-wall office and asks that I join him in the oof ice to discuss the matter. We sit, and his first words to me were "Please, give me the keys so you can be on your way!". I told him "I'm not giving anyone MY car keys and going anywhere until someone tells me what the F*** is going on. He then tells me the bank did not approve my loan and that I cannot get my down-payment, because I "lied" on my loan application. According to the dealer, I couldn't possibly make as much money as I told them and my pay-stubs had to be counterfiet. I don't think I was ever thing angry in my life. I asked him how much would it be to pay the car off in full. He worked some numbers out and said around 12k. I called my bank and they made me a check of $10, 000. I picked it up and brought it back to the dealer and the mood completely changed. It was as if the dealership employees became dogs and I was holding bacon in my hands. They offered me a free car wash and everything, of course, I said yes. The whole problem was done with and they never bothered me again, I saw them once more when I had to pick up my title and plates. This just goes to show that "Money talks and Bulls*** walks!". It's a shame that I didn't get the opportunity it to build my credit the way I would have liked, but I do like having the car paid off because I could do what I like with it. I only enjoyed the Z from Oct-May, because some disgusting people slit my top in multiple places and broke my exhaust pipe between the resonator and muffler. This happened at the worst possible time too, I was moving to Florida in days and I was planning on bringing the car with me, but I had no choice but to leave it with my grandparents, because It was not going to be fixed by the time I needed to go. I was in Florida for a out a month and it wasn't working out, so me and the Mrs. Moved back up to Jersey and I now have my Z back. I had patched the convertible roof before I left to Florida and it held up. So when I got back to Jersey, I ordered a muffler and replaced the old one. Now I'm just taking it slow with the car. I'm building it how I want and making sure its secure before I get it back out. I installed a camera security system so I can keep an eye on it this time aND I'm considering getting a hardtop to put on it during the night and on rainy days. I got the car when I was 20, I'm now 22 and know more about cars and Zs specifically so I'm taking care of the things I have to and not going crazy on the car, yet. Thanks for reading!
Old 04-04-2016, 08:57 AM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Sweet Baby Jesus that's a wall of text. It might be a pain in the ***, but paragraphs are going to be your friend
Old 04-04-2016, 10:59 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,069 Likes on 6,532 Posts

really hard to read.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:40 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Did not read. Edit to meat and potatoes pls.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:44 AM
kham25

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Op bought a roadster, the end....
The following 2 users liked this post by kham25:
abarclay (04-04-2016), ARRRT (04-04-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 02:13 PM
n0smoke

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

The following users liked this post:
HRMoneyPit (04-05-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 02:33 PM
ridered929rr

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

You should go back to the dealer and ask for the owner to give you a kiss because you were anally raped and the worst part was they did it w/o lube. $14k for a 11 year old car (at the time you bought it) was about $5k-$6k overpriced. You could have bought a 2003 convertible with around 75k miles for less than $10k.

If half of your story is true and you were treated the way you described above, I can guarantee you that I wouldn't buy a pack of gum from them, never mind getting robbed for a used car.

Last edited by ridered929rr; 04-04-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:06 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

My observations:
  1. You paid too much for the car.
  2. You allowed the dealer to “bully” you (albeit just temporarily).
  3. If there is a problem with a car sale, let the dealer come to you. Don’t go to the dealer.
  4. Paragraphs are important for readability in long messages/documents.
I did manage to read the entire post and found it interesting.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:53 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,298 Likes on 1,655 Posts

I guess it's all part of growing up, I'm sure you got some great experience out of it
Old 04-05-2016, 12:45 PM
ridered929rr

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Another one post newb gone forever
Old 04-05-2016, 04:47 PM
bad boyz

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I know it's none of our business, definitely you have the right to not answer but just being curious how much could a 20yr. make which would cause someone to call you a lair?
Old 04-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

What is a "lair."

Originally Posted by bad boyz
I know it's none of our business, definitely you have the right to not answer but just being curious how much could a 20yr. make which would cause someone to call you a lair?
Old 04-09-2016, 03:43 AM
bad boyz

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Definition-Lie to falsify, lair in a high twang voice in the south to tell a lie!!!!