Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Best Diagnostic Scanner For 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 06:09 PM
striker27

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best Diagnostic Scanner For 350Z

Hey guys looking for a diagnostic scanner that would be able to read real time data. As well as the BCM codes. Also would like ABS and Steering Angle Sensor Reset Would like one that works across different makes if that is possible..

What is every one using??

THANKS
Old 03-03-2019, 06:51 PM
vegasanthony

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Consult 2
Old 03-03-2019, 06:54 PM
striker27

Yeah that is going to set me back quite a bit. Anything a bit cheaper???
Old 03-03-2019, 08:24 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by striker27
Yeah that is going to set me back quite a bit. Anything a bit cheaper???
You said "best" without mentioning budget. What's a bit cheaper?
Old 03-03-2019, 09:34 PM
striker27

Would like to spend a few hundred bucks fir something that works well. The Consult 2 seems like I would need to go for training!!

looking for abs sas tpms support hopefully

thanks.

also asked what everyone else was using
Old 03-04-2019, 03:36 AM
onecoolee

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Would like to spend a few hundred bucks fir something that works well. The Consult 2 seems like I would need to go for training!!

looking for abs sas tpms support hopefully

thanks.

also asked what everyone else was using
I recently purcahsed a Foxwell NT650 based on several reviews and some questions that I asked over at Amazon. I needed to calibrate my Steering Angle Sensor after doing some steering column work, and adding 06 audio buttons/wiring and 06 clock spring to my 03 350Z. The SAS calibration is typically found under work support and ABS on the higher end scanner tools. Many people reported that other tools claimed this support/functionality, but after using these other tools, it did not work for them. This Foxwell tool worked perfectly for me, and had the ABS support features I needed, and I was able to monitor my SAS, and recalibrate it correctly. Its supposed to handle the TPMS system too, and the reports are that it does, but you may need the TPMS RF tool (you can get these cheap on Ebay), to actuaklly assign the tire sensor stems, when doing TPMS work. I have not used the tool for too much else, yet, but the screen is very nice and its loaded with features. For about $225, it seems equivalent to some of the other tools that cost $1000+...

I did play around with the Nissan software sold online, and developed by some guy in Australia (there is a website for it). Honestly the support totally sucked and he never responded to my questions after I paid for the tool, and bought the dongle (about $80 total). Since the support was lacking, and I could never get a straight answer about support for SAS recalibration, I bought the Foxwell and that worked perfectly for what I needed to do. I paid $225 or so for the tool, but hopefully it will provide years of servcie and I can avoid a few trips to the dealership by having a decent scan tool that has some higher end code reading features.
The following 3 users liked this post by onecoolee:
blufc3s (03-06-2019), khnitz (04-17-2019), Spike100 (03-05-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 08:06 AM
fflipski

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Nissan datascan 2 is a great tool but needs a laptop to run all the functions. I never had a problem with it but i don't know about support. It runs around $80 with a cable.
i am now running a link g4+ ECU. But can still use the program for abs/bcm issues.
The following users liked this post:
Edward Carrick (06-06-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 11:13 AM
striker27

Any know if the Datascan Software can reset the steering angle sensor on a 2003 350Z
The following users liked this post:
Edward Carrick (06-06-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 03:51 AM
onecoolee

It didn't work for me... but I am not sure if it was related to the USB OBD2 dongle I was using (purchased on Amazon and compatible according to the NDS website). I played with the settings for an hour or so to optimize the connection, but I seemed to be getting errors with all configuarations. The software said everything was connected and communicating and I was able to run an OBD2 scan. However, when I ran the work support, it said completed,. but I was still having SAS problems when I was driving. I bought the NDS software and dongle for the sole purpose of resetting my steering angle sensor, and ended up buying a good scan tool instead.

What happened to buying a decent scan tool like you mentioned you were goign to do in a previous post?
Old 04-18-2019, 08:52 PM
striker27

It looks easier then buying the Foxwell I just want something that would be easy to use.......
Old 04-19-2019, 12:39 AM
Shoomakan

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by onecoolee
I recently purcahsed a Foxwell NT650 based on several reviews and some questions that I asked over at Amazon. I needed to calibrate my Steering Angle Sensor after doing some steering column work, and adding 06 audio buttons/wiring and 06 clock spring to my 03 350Z. The SAS calibration is typically found under work support and ABS on the higher end scanner tools. Many people reported that other tools claimed this support/functionality, but after using these other tools, it did not work for them. This Foxwell tool worked perfectly for me, and had the ABS support features I needed, and I was able to monitor my SAS, and recalibrate it correctly. Its supposed to handle the TPMS system too, and the reports are that it does, but you may need the TPMS RF tool (you can get these cheap on Ebay), to actuaklly assign the tire sensor stems, when doing TPMS work. I have not used the tool for too much else, yet, but the screen is very nice and its loaded with features. For about $225, it seems equivalent to some of the other tools that cost $1000+...

I did play around with the Nissan software sold online, and developed by some guy in Australia (there is a website for it). Honestly the support totally sucked and he never responded to my questions after I paid for the tool, and bought the dongle (about $80 total). Since the support was lacking, and I could never get a straight answer about support for SAS recalibration, I bought the Foxwell and that worked perfectly for what I needed to do. I paid $225 or so for the tool, but hopefully it will provide years of servcie and I can avoid a few trips to the dealership by having a decent scan tool that has some higher end code reading features.
Would something like the Foxwell unit allow me to permanently turn off my airbag light? Swapped out to an aftermarket steering wheel and I'm miffed it's the only check light on in my dash.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:28 AM
onecoolee

It looks easier then buying the Foxwell I just want something that would be easy to use.......
Nothing is going to be as easy as a handheld scanner... as the scanner has no dongle device with communications variables, or a windows laptop with variable serial communications setup conditions. The dongles that are compatible can be different too. I tried NDS, and bought one of the spec'd dongles off of Amazon, and never felt like the software was properly working as I got communications errors after spending an hour or so adjusting settings to what seemed to give me the best overall performance. There is limited info on this in the NDS manual. In the end, I gave up on it, because I didn't feel the communications were solid enough to rely on it to make changes to the car. Corrupting the car's ECU is not something I wanted to deal with.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:32 AM
onecoolee

Originally Posted by Shoomakan
Would something like the Foxwell unit allow me to permanently turn off my airbag light? Swapped out to an aftermarket steering wheel and I'm miffed it's the only check light on in my dash.
Nothing will allow you to permanently turn off the airbag light if the steerign wheel airbag is not there (this is constantly something that is being monitored by the SRS system in the car). It will always be triggered when the sensor is either not hooked up or airbag has been deployed. The SRS airbag malfunction LED in the dash is something that will trigger on every drive until its repaired, and will go away ONLY if the SRS condition is satisfied and an SRS reset is done.
Old 03-16-2023, 05:18 AM
crossierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me pueden recomendar un Diagnostic Scanner odb2 compatible con Nissan 350z (2006), franja entre 80 y 200 euros.
Old 03-16-2023, 05:21 AM
crossierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best diagnostic scanner 350z (0 to 200$)

Which diagnostic scanner do you recommend for a 350z between 0 and 200 euros