Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

2008 350z build

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 12:54 PM
That_hrz

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bealljk
If it was me … I'd do with 'off the shelf' parts … Parts will be less expensive on the front end, no machine work to get everything installed, and generally it's one less thing to go wrong. If/when **** his the fan things will be less expensive to rebuild.

Link ECU dot com …
I used Jason from PSI out of Portland but any good tuner will know the setup - it's very similar to Haltech in how it's setup. I would say my plug & play/piggyback haltech was significantly less complicated than my standalone Link … but it's comparing apples to oranges. The standalone haltech may have more features and thus be more complicated to setup.

I've got some related link content in my build thread and member Ffflipski (spelling) has a good thread on it as well.

Just something to consider...
totally agree thanks for the info
Old 11-01-2019, 12:58 PM
That_hrz

Originally Posted by rcdawgs
Hey, heads up - per Sasha on the Boosted Performance kit and CMAK

"Non compatible with the CMAK type kit, but good with just the HD upgrade, as long as there is nothing (hardware) being mounted to the outside of the transmission."

... unless you have an updated charge pipe to clear the CMAK.

Joe at ZSpeed said he runs the HD CSC on his HR with the BP kit so that's what I went with.
Thanks for the info man it’s been working out so far but definitely have to look into modifying that charge pipe for better fitment
Old 04-12-2021, 12:41 PM
That_hrz

Default Back again

Long story short put the spun a bearing in my old 56k mile stock block swapped in a low 26k mile motor. Deployed for for 9 months so I had sometime to think about my build. On all the Facebook pages I kept hearing about and seeing people not being able to prevent headlift with some issues even happening even a little over 800hp. Ended up quitting the VQ platform and went through brangers racing for a 1000hp cable block. Decided not to go that route and sold to set up to give the VQ another try.

Went with JE 10:1 Cr Pistons, BC 625+ H beam rods, ARP main studs. At this point I’ve lowered my expectation of what power level the vq can stay consistent at. 750hp is where staying. If the car runs low 10s and is faster than 85% of what’s on the road I’ll be happy. Going to have a low boost setting of about 18psi on 93 with water meth and kill map 23-25psi on E85. Hoping to keep it together with L19 head studs and dynosty mls hg

🥰🥰

🤤

Old short block was dissembled and inspected for any damage before shipping off to CSS for closed deck.

Ended up spinning a bearing again 🙄 but atleast the block will be built now. Hopefully I’m able to keep the built block together. Car was seeing about 14psi oil pressure when warmed up and 43psi at 2k rpm about 90psi on cold start this seemed alil low to me but I was told it’s within spec. I still wasn’t comfy with those numbers on the way to get my gallery gaskets replaced spun a bearing what are the odds🥴

Here’s my parts list I’m still putting together all input is welcome still learning
The following users liked this post:
bealljk (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 03:29 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,293 Likes on 1,017 Posts

Any idea why you spun a bearing? Happens to the best of us!

Looking at previous posts, Link wont work with the HR. Are you still tuning with Uprev?

Old 04-12-2021, 04:48 PM
That_hrz

Originally Posted by bealljk
Any idea why you spun a bearing? Happens to the best of us!

Looking at previous posts, Link wont work with the HR. Are you still tuning with Uprev?
some aggressive driving on twisty turnys hit a dip and sudden turn. Happened pretty much immediately after that so I’m assuming oil shifted in the pan and it was starved. Had no idea that could happen but I will be getting a CJM baffled oil pan for the built motor. Currently still tuned on uprev but I’m looking at pro efi they just came out with a stand-alone for HR just haven’t had much feedback on it from anyone yet.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:20 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,293 Likes on 1,017 Posts

Gotcha ... **** happens

heard plenty of good things about Pro-EFI and probably a better option than Uprev - especially if you go e85 and standalone.